First Reformed Church | SermonAudio.com

JAN 19, 2017

Newest Player | Info
MyChurch: reformedyubacity
First Reformed Church
Rev. Sam Powell  |  Yuba City, California

Sermon1/4/17 11:00 AM
Angela Wittman from Southern Illinois, USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Angela Wittman
Dealing With Abusive Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
I sincerely pray and beg those in church leadership to listen to this sermon, as well those in the congregation. Thank you.

Sermon12/29/16 11:05 PM
Barbara Roberts from Melbourne, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Barbara Roberts
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
I co-lead A Cry For Justice with Ps Jeff Crippen cryingoutforjustice.com Jeff and I consider Ps Sam Powell a true friend and colleague who is speaking the truth about abuse and advocating for the victims of abuse. Jeff Crippen's sermons are here: http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=crc Jeff has a 21 sermon series on Domestic Abuse: http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceOnly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=crc&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=Domestic+Violence+and+Abuse And my book "Not Under Bondage: Biblical Divorce for Abuse, Adultery and Desertion" shows that the Bible DOES allow divorce for domestic abuse. Find it at any book retailer, or get it from notunderbondage.com

Sermon12/9/16 3:46 AM
Daughter from UK  Find all comments by Daughter
Wisdom in Wicked Times
Sam Powell
“ it isn't just baking a cake, but a celebration ”
The bible doesn't say not to bake a cake? Of course not. It's not just about baking a regular cake. Why participate in what God calls an abomination? In Jeremiah 7v18 The women baked cakes also, but for the queen of heaven. It's what is being celebrated that's wrong.

Sermon12/6/16 1:44 PM
Mrsb from Canada  Find all comments by Mrsb
comments
Yes, once a person is saved there is no where to call home on earth. The desire is constantly to be with christ and to leave everything here. To live for Christ ( or at least to try) is to be a weirdo to everyone else ever after, but seperation is the call. Like Christ's experience, it is a lonely path. Elisabeth Elliot has written an excellent book about this experience in her own life.

Sermon12/6/16 1:39 PM
Mrsb from Canada  Find all comments by Mrsb
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
This is very good. I do not have a husband like this at all but i was a counsellor in a women shelter years ago. I still have a very great burden for abused children and am very obsessed with praying for them. I read constantly, as reflected in the comments, that churches rarely believe or support the women. Pastor jeff crippen also ministeres almost exclusively to this issue and may be a resource on how to get help if people need it. These men do not stop, are not repentant, no matter how much they say it.

Sermon7/20/16 2:16 PM
Becky from Canada  Find all comments by Becky
“ Blessed. ”
ALL of God's Word is precious but I have always felt drawn to the Book of Ruth. Thank you Pastor Powell for this series and reminding us of the Lord's wonderful love for His remnant. These sermons and others by like-minded pastors nurture the hurting souls more than you can imagine. Many of us are without sound Christ honouring fellowships. I pray your congregation not take their assembling together for granted. Blessings, IN CHRIST and "healingInHim".

Sermon4/27/16 5:25 PM
Becky from Canada  Find all comments by Becky
“ Do Not Forsake the Oppressed! ”
Rev Powell is amongst the very few within the church which pointedly shares the uncomfortable portions of Scripture for what it is. He confronts us with not turning away from helping the vulnerable. To not betray ourselves by desiring the status of "Christian" as opposed to living it out as Moses did ... not seeking to remain within the pleasures of Egypt.

Sermon3/21/16 3:58 PM
Vanessa from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Vanessa
Dealing With Abusive Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ Thank you! ”
Thank you for this sermon. I've been struggling for understanding in this area in particular.I Thank GOD for answering my prayer and leading me to this site. I'm so grateful that there are others who understand. This site is a Blessing!

Sermon3/11/16 4:55 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Significant truths ”

Sermon3/11/16 2:34 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
comments
Thank you for reminding me, in so many words, that while I'm observing the wicked person and shaking my head, to remember how UNLIKE the Lord I really am.

Sermon2/14/16 7:57 AM
Becky-Sue from Canada  Find all comments by Becky-Sue
comments
“ Do Not Fear - Trust God ”
This message was very timely for me as I ponder the future. The fear of the unknown? Thank you Rev Powell for this exhortation from God's Word and I pray others will be blessed as well. All messages for AM, PM and Sunday School messages offer food for those who are willing to hear and receive The Truth.

Sermon9/12/15 11:03 PM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by H Hudson
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
This is an excellent exposition of the many forms of false prophets and their teachings.

Sermon7/4/14 11:08 PM
Pamela from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by Pamela
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
"Blessed Sermon!" Thank you Pastor Powell. You understand. According to my extensive Bible studies as of late, and the opinions of many evangelists, your sermon is....relieving to my heart. I love my Lord Jesus Christ with all of my heart and have been so conflicted while trying to heal from abuse. I wish your church was nearby. I would feel protected and loved as one of your flock. I need a church but as a divorcing and abused woman, I worry about more condemnation added to what I escaped. God Bless You!

Sermon5/7/14 10:57 PM
Laurie from Midwest  Find all comments by Laurie
Dealing With Abusive Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ A Vital Message for the Church ”
Thank you for a validating and encouraging sermon on a greatly ignored and downplayed serious subject within our own house. I've shared this with a couple of Christian support groups for abused women, and I wonder - Is there a transcript of this sermon for the hearing-impaired?

Sermon4/27/14 12:06 PM
CJ Moore from Lake Shastina ca.  Contact via emailFind all comments by CJ Moore
I love hearing Gods truth. Thank you for sharing his truth.

Sermon3/18/14 4:53 PM
Anon  Find all comments by Anon
We Do Not Travel Alone
“ Dwelling in Unity ”
Pastor Powell continues in his expounding of the Psalms of Ascents and brings attention to vs 1 "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!" Could it be that the reason many do not dwell in unity is because they truly do not desire to worship the "true" Lord and Saviour? Many are without sound Christ-honouring fellowships. If you have a Christ-honouring shepherd/pastor, I plead with you to not take your assembling together for granted. vs 3 "For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore." AMEN!

Sermon3/13/14 1:18 AM
Kirstin from Tx.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kirstin
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
Thank you for the message. Thank you for having the boldness to speak on this subject and for bringing encouragement, light and truth where there is darkness, oppression. Blessings.

Sermon3/11/14 11:28 AM
Donny from pittsburgh  Find all comments by Donny
Living with Deceitful Men
comments
Great sermon for those who wrestle with evil men, Thank you!

Sermon3/9/14 9:57 PM
Anon  Find all comments by Anon
Living with Deceitful Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ Psalms of Ascents series ”
I was first made aware of the 11th sermon in this series, "Dealing With Abusive Men", Psalm 129. I was so taken aback at the forthright, honest delivery of God's Word in regards to this delicate subject. This prompted me to commence listening to the whole series. LIVING WITH DECEITFUL MEN reminds us that there are those who have "lying lips and ... a deceitful tongue". Although they speak of "peace", "they are for war." Thank you Lord for Pastor Powell. The downcast and broken-in-spirit need more pastors like him.

Sermon3/9/14 7:21 PM
Elizabeth  Find all comments by Elizabeth
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
Amen and Thank you!!! So many women and children in Christian homes are living with this sin and evil. Thank you so much for standing on the wall and fighting for us. Thank you so much for the clarity of the message. Oh, just THANK YOU!! What a blessing this message is.

Jump to Page : [1] 2

Kevin Swanson
Man of the Millennium

Luther Tops Secular Lists
Current Events
Generations Radio

Don Green
Clinging to the Name

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service

How God Saved A Lost Preacher

Evangelism Awakening
Special Meeting

Chris Hatton
How to Fight the Anxieties..

Fight Discouragement
Grace Chapel

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

SBTS Renown Student Conference 2017

For middle school and high school stud­ents und­erst­and­ing their purp­ose as Chr­ist­ians.
events.sbts.edu/renown