So comforting. What a beautiful memorial to a beautiful woman. Sometimes it seems the Christian army shoots their wounded in difficult times. I want to thank you for reminding the us that no one can pluck us out of His hand. That his comfort, love and strength is ours. God bless you.
Great Sermon! Dear Pastor Vincent,
Thank you for this message. I appreciate your efforts in tackling this difficult passage of Scripture. It reminds me of God's holiness that requires us to observe His created order and His wrath against the perversion of that order.
Blessings to you, your family, and church.
Great Sermon! An excellent overview of how sinful we all are and there's Jesus as the answer for everyone of our sins. This was very insightful to the greater understanding of all the sins of Sodom -- much like the USA is acting. God's judgment is on our nation and most people don't care.
Great Sermon! Brother Bob does a nice job fitting in the Resurrection of Jesus into how it works in the followers of Jesus Christ. Most "Christians" aren't aware of the fullest meaning of Resurrection.
Why I changed my mind Most people's understanding of Genesis 6 is summed up by John Calvin: "That ancient figment, concerning the intercourse of angels with women, is abundantly refuted by its own absurdity." His understanding and his rationale governed how I read Genesis 6 for decades. However, some years ago, I began to question some things in Biblical texts, self-consciously holding my world view in suspension. In other words, as a late twentieth century man (when I began to attempt to read the Bible without Modern glasses), I began to question many anti-supernatural interpretations. Of course, reason is an important tool in Biblical interpretation, as traditional interpretations can be, but finally Scripture compared with Scripture trumps our dismissing an interpretation because it appears to be refuted "by its own absurdity." Below are some of the questions that caused me to entertain a different understanding of Genesis 6 than the view adopted by Calvin's dismissal "by its own absurdity."
Why I changed my mind 1. The Hebrew phrase, B'nai Elohim, which is found in Genesis 6, always refers to angels in the rest of the Hebrew Bible.
2. The peculiar offspring of Genesis 6 points to something more than simply "Christian" boys marrying worldly girls.
3. The calling down of divine judgment that destroyed the entire human race except for eight souls points to a breaking of divine order unprecedented in history.
4. Why are some evil spirits confined in the abyss and others are not?
5. Why does Peter use a form of the Greek word Tartarus, a _hapax legomenon_, to describe the place of these spirits' confinement when that word refers to the special place of confinement of supernatural non-humans in Classical Greek?
6. Why does Jude cite the Pseudepigraphal book of Enoch, especially in light of the extensive description of angel-human coitus and its effects found in that book?
7. Why does Jude compare the sin of the angels with that of the Cities of the Plain?
8. Though it is contrary to their estate to marry, the Bible does not indicate that angels are genderless. Why is it that the two angels who ate with Abraham were objects of lust to the male population of Sodom?
Great Sermon! bro, The best sermon i hv ever heard after the message i heard on the day of my salvation. Its super. May god bless u and use u more mightily to reach out to many more perishing souls.
Great Sermon! Pastor Vincent, I have written you once before. I hope this doesn't come to you twice. I accidently erased my first effort. I am an 84 year old great grand mother, so I have heard a lot of preaching.
I have listened to your series on Genesis 6 twice and have always believed that the position you hold on this incident is the correct one.
As to the matter spoken of in Matthew where the Lord says that in Heaven angels don't marry. This was the great sin they commited. They left their first estate. Angels minister to men on earth for good, but these angels made an evil chose and entered into man's life on earth for evil. They deserve the punishment they have and will receive later.
God bless you and give you many more years of good preaching.
Great Sermon! These things are being revealed to many but we are still few compared to those lost. Praise God for this sermon and praise God that He can put me back together He can put our country back together if it be His will.... In all things Christ and Christ in all things.