Lehigh Valley Free Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

MyChurch: lvfpc
Lehigh Valley Free Presbyterian Church
Rev. Stephen Hamilton  |  Allentown, Pennsylvania

Sermon9/15/14 4:12 PM
jmf Ohio  Find all comments by jmf Ohio
• Posted 6 days ago
“ Thank you Pastor Hamilton ”
DEATH PREFERABLE TO RAPTURE I hear some brethren rejoicing that perhaps the Lord will come, and that therefore they will not die. I would sooner die, had I my choice. I see no comfort in the hope of not dying. “They that are alive and remain shall not prevent them that are asleep”; they shall not have preference over them that die. And indeed it is written, “The dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” So that kind of priority is even allotted to the dead in Christ. If I die not, I shall have lost what thousands will have who die, namely, actual fellowship with Christ in the grave. Let me have it, let me have it my Lord. Let me wear the clay cold shape of death that once was Thine, and sleep within the sepulchre as Thou didst. To die and rise again, and be with Thee forever, is to complete the circle of the perfect. Those who think that to be alive when He cometh will be so great a glory, will perhaps find it no such great thing compared with death and resurrection, in the likeness of the Lord Jesus (Spurgeon).C. H. Spurgeon(1834-1892). Studies In The Scriptures 1951 A.W. Pink (1886-1952).

Sermon7/8/14 8:18 AM
jmf from Ohio  Find all comments by jmf
Protection For The Head: The Helmet of...
Rev. Stephen Hamilton
Pastor Hamilton...Be of good courage...Satan is relentless in trying to bring The LORD's people into his pit of unbelief. I was thinking on this sermon and and The Divine Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance of how The LORD Jesus Christ caused me to believe His Doctrine and His Bible when He first saved me. To me this is the greatest gift for the Believer's journey on this cursed earth to His Heaven!!! Praise His NAME! And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (29-39).

Sermon5/22/14 6:52 AM
A Church Praying Under Pressure
“ Encouragement. ”
This sermon was an encouragement for me.

Sermon4/2/14 1:03 AM
Rebecca from Singapore  Find all comments by Rebecca
Ehud: A Cloak and Dagger Operation
Rev. Stephen Hamilton
comments
“ An interesting sermon ”
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us Lord,your people,from evil.

Sermon3/26/14 1:13 PM
Floridahank from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by Floridahank
How God Restores Wasted Years
Rev. Stephen Hamilton
comments
“ Powerful Sermon! ”
Brother Stephen gives us a positive view on how we can benefit from the rest of our lives, even after wasting so much of it. I look back and see how I misused 90% of my life, but since becoming a child of God's I've been blessed with many Spiritual gains in the past couple of years since being "born again." I now see how my remaining years will give me more than all the years I've lived thusfar. It will all be worth it from now on doing the work of the Lord.

Sermon3/25/14 7:01 PM
Behold He Prayeth!
“ Exceptional Sermon! ”
Brother Stephen has given a powerful message that has touched me deeply today. I have not been a regular praying person, but this message has shown me that I have been omitting one of the principles that Christ Jesus taught -- we should be praying -- always, and not just saying prayers, but actually praying in a way that God hears and responds to. Prayer is our most powerful tool to have access to God and to have Him communicate with us. I will start to change my prayer life today and make it a part of my daily life. There are many that I should keep in my prayers and I thank the Lord for making me feel the power of this message. Thank you Brother Stephen and God Bless your teaching.

Sermon12/10/13 10:43 PM
martin reid from northernireland  Contact via emailFind all comments by martin reid
Our Duty to the Powers that Be
Enjoyed this message

Sermon10/28/13 1:40 PM
Earl Payne from North Carolina USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Earl Payne
Get Thee Behind Me Satan
God Bless you brother.

Sermon10/28/13 5:18 AM
My Deliverance from Drug Addiction
Mr. Chris Killen
“ Great encouragement. ”
Blessed be the Lord for saving and delivering this man from such a bondage! What an encouragement for us: we can take courage to speak to sinners about Christ, because there is salvation and deliverance in Him!

Sermon10/27/13 12:16 PM
Jim McMaster from UK  Find all comments by Jim McMaster
comments
I was in the meeting when Duncan was converted. I knew him till the day The Lord took him home. Unique and wonderful work of God in his life.

Sermon10/7/13 10:10 AM
James R Hamilton from Staffordshire, England, UK  Protected NameFind all comments by James R  Hamilton
Exclusive Psalmody: Should We Only Sing...
“ Helpful Sermon! ”
This is very helpful brother, thank you!

Sermon10/6/13 5:29 PM
Exclusive Psalmody: Should We Only Sing...
“ Helpful Sermon! ”
This is very helpful

Sermon10/6/13 3:48 PM
Wayne from Rothbury  Find all comments by Wayne
Should The Authorised Version be Replaced?
“ NO! ”
Too many reject the AV and the TR Reformation text on the basis of a 'Thus saith Dan Wallace' or a 'Dr James White' as their final authority or due to the satanic undermining of the AV by heretics such as Peter Ruckman and other extreme King James Only'ists. There is much more to be considered than the views of the above, whether good men or heretics! Why not hear this sermon series and see if those who prefer the Gold standard that is the Authorised Version do so with sound reasoning. This sermon is most instructive and I look forward to hearing more. Also consider the series and some of Dan Wallace's strawman reasoning and why we need wisdom before we quote another experts supposed scholarly understanding. Understand why you reject the AV before following any trend to do so: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=92513844468

Sermon6/3/13 1:42 PM
michael ventura from lake forest california  Contact via emailFind all comments by michael ventura
The Entertainment Syndrome & The Modern...
comments
Just when I almost was ready to give up my search for a faithful church not an entertainment club to satisfy my hunger for the rightly divided word of truth I tuned in to this sermon. May God continue to bless your ministry and give you continued wisdom in His magnificent and Holy word.

Sermon4/17/13 6:37 AM
“ Great teaching. ”
This was a good and useful message. Thank you!

Sermon3/24/13 4:09 PM
JacTrac from Texas  Find all comments by JacTrac
Papal Falsehood Exposed
“ Courageous ”
Thank you for your courage in declaring all the counsel of God especially in these times of apostasy, compromise, fear, and unbelief.

Sermon3/19/13 8:28 PM
Cyndy from Troy, Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cyndy
Creation in 6 Literal Days
Rev. Stephen Hamilton
“ A day is an evening and a morning ”
I told my niece, a ph.D. in Biology from Stanford that if she would read just the first chapter of the Bible from a scientific point of view, I would read a book by a so-called Christian Evolutionist/Scientist. God knew that man would someday argue about a day being an eon or an era. In the day or days of Noah means an era, like we say, "Back in the day", meaning "old school", when we were little kids. Noah's Ark was a cute little story. Someday, all men will be able to trace their dnA and find out which one of Noah's three sons was their direct ancestor. Many Christians have skipped over the part that says the world was watered with a mist. It's important to read the part of Genesis that says PLAINLY and CLEARLY that the deluge of water came from beneath the surface of the earth. The continents were smaller. Land masses turned completely sideways or flipped. The earth was mostly tropical. That's why evidence of warm climate plants are found in Alaska. The more we learn, the more that the Bible is proven from a scientific point of view. Isn't that wonderful? - It's a huge thing to start a conversation with, "There was no rain before Noah started entering the ark." Many people will say, "What?" I had to find a new church because a young pastor preached "God directed evolution."

Sermon3/18/13 8:12 PM
Kapka Stovel from Canada  Find all comments by Kapka Stovel
From Sighing to Singing
“ Great encouragement ”
Thank you p-r Hamilton for preaching the truth.I and my husband started to listen to you a year ago. We are retired missionaries and your teaching has been an inspiration to us every time. May the Lord continue to use you for His glory.... Mrs.Stovel

Blog3/16/13 3:48 PM
FG from USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by FG
comments
A comment by Maurice Roberts is in order here.
"Let it be stated emphatically however, that the worst course of actions possible among Christians would be to sink all our differences under a misguided belief that unity is the most important thing of all. Unity without truth is a unity under the headship of Satan, not of Christ.....Truth is sacred. It is more precious than life. Its claims are greater than all other claims. A man must die, if necessary, in defense of the truth. But it would hardly be his duty to die for unity."
Amen, Dr. Roberts!!
Overemphasis on unity is becoming an infectious disease in the reform camp. And it apparently it is spreading. I strongly believe that revival will be the remedy to stop this disease in its tracks. May we be found worthy to bring such a large petition before Him, for the sake of His beloved church.
Thank you Pastor Hamilton for your faithfulness.

Blog3/16/13 3:24 PM
FG from USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by FG
comments
I don't know if mentioning this minister's name will keep this comment from being posted, but no matter. I find the fact that this minister would hold to this position of Jesus being an "ecumenical separatist" soul plumetting. I learned much regarding study and preaching from the very series that he has posted on SermonAudio. As was well stated by Rev. Hamilton, Jesus did not work alongside the unconverted that He ate and drank with or the Pharisees whom he constantly contended with. Christ's use of their synagogues does in no way constitute or imply any form of ecumenism. Unscriptural ecumenism within evangelicalism (reformed and non-reformed) has made me sad in that it has unnecessarily stirred up a hornet's nest and has badly divided the Lord's people over the past eighty years or so. It is very disappionting to see him legitimize this kind of an ecumenism by giving it a roll in the church. In case he hasn't noticed, true separatists do get out in the open and preach the Gospel. It seems now that the priority has become unity at a pastoral level, and not faithfulness to truth.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Gospel Must Go Forth
Monarch, Alberta, Canada
Bethel Free Reformed Church

Play! | More

David Ridenhour
Community that Judges Rightly

Formed In Jesus' Name
Metrocrest Presbyterian Church

Union With Christ: Part II
Pastor John Ashwood

Dr. Liam Goligher
Worship: Form or Substance?

Christ the Controversialist

Event: Jan 22-24, 2015
G3 Conference 2015

The Bible is the Word of God
Conference
Pray's Mill Baptist Church

Bible's Providential Preservation

Free MP3s: King James Vers­ion, Other Vers­ions, Textus Rec­ept­us, Mas­or­etic Text, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

America Revival Or Ruin

Backsliders begin with dusty Bibles and end with filthy garments. ... C. H. Spurgeon

Las Vegas, NV