Holywell Evangelical Church | SermonAudio.com

WEDNESDAY
DEC 7, 2016
About | $1 Signup!

Newest Player | Info
MyChurch: jpt
Holywell Evangelical Church
John P. Thackway  |  Holywell, Flintshire, North Wales. U.K.

Sermon12/6/16 3:22 PM
Aliyah from US  Contact via emailFind all comments by Aliyah
• Posted 18 hours ago
“ Outstanding Sermon ”
I am presently studying 1 Corinthians 13:12 and have chosen to listen to the pastors on SermonAudio who have preached on this particular passage. This sermon was a pleasant and refreshing breath of fresh air. I actually came away with a much better understanding of this scripture. The British pastors have something that the American pastors sorely lack. I can't say what it is exactly, but I know when I listen to the British pastors I will in fact learn something. I believe the British pastors are more historically knowledgeable than the American pastors and in that, bring a considerable amount of background to scripture in helping to set the stage for understanding on how things were in biblical times, which gives a much clearer picture, which Pastor Thackway did indeed do. Pastor Thackway did an outstanding job and I feel much more secure in understanding this passage of scripture now. Thank you sir, for being such a useful vessel for God in the bringing of His message to someone out here who is struggling to draw closer to Him.

Sermon11/30/16 11:50 PM
Maxine Faith Athene from Saskatchewan, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Maxine Faith Athene
The Victory of Faith
Roland Burrows
“ Revival Draweth Nigh ”
Thank you for reminding listeners that God is in command and that as God's people, we have the victory praying, believing by faith. Revival draweth nigh. Ephesians 3:20-21: "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

Sermon10/11/16 5:51 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
“ Helpful! ”

Sermon5/24/16 12:54 PM
Thall from Fort Mill  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thall
“ What Comfort! ”
Your sermons are always such a comfort and encouragement to me! You are truly a vessel being greatly used of the Lord!

Sermon3/6/16 3:30 PM
Wayne R from Blyth Northumberland  Find all comments by Wayne R
Prisoners of Hope
Rev. John Thackway
“ A comforting word of hope and blessing! ”
A very beneficial blessing. Having heard this sermon last Lord’s Day the Lord, in His good pleasure, has providentially brought before me this past week a host of devotional scripture dealing with deliverance from ‘prison’ and to continue to hope and trust Him, for deliverance is on its way! A Christian should never be a prisoner of despair in doubting castle, not when he knows that the Lord will provide the key of escape. Rev Thackway proves that we are to be “prisoners of hope”, even when the Lord God has shut us up-bound and confined-when we can do nothing else but hope in God, it is the Lord that is our warder and who is with us even when our present circumstances can appear to be a shut prison, with no human escape. ‘Hope thou in God’ Ps 42.5, for there is a time of deliverance-the Lord’s appointed time.. Ps 34: 4-6 ‘I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears...This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.’ ‘Joy cometh in the morning’.. Ps 146.5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God!!! A blessed sermon 'in the day of trouble'.

Sermon2/19/16 12:11 PM
Wayne R from Blyth Northumberland  Find all comments by Wayne R
Helped and Benefitted in our Troubles
Rev. John Thackway
“ ‘Helped and Benefitted in MY Troubles’ ”
Thank you for such a providential blessing re: God sending our trials and our troubles and His Sovereignty and care as He superintends those trials and gives grace. I had been contemplating comments by Spurgeon ‘ Morning’ February 18 and 19th and the Daily Remebrancer for the 19th and then also the TBS calendar chapter for today Psalm 102, so you can appreciate that this sermon was a great encourager. The Psalms also gave encouragement to pray for deliverance from troubles as v2 'Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily': and 102: 1,2 and 17 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily... He will regard the prayer of the destitute,and not despise their prayer. "Trials make the promise sweet; Trials give new life to prayer; Trials bring me to his feet, Lay me low, and keep me there." "Prayer makes the darken'd cloud withdraw; Prayer climbs the ladder Jacob saw; Gives exercise to faith and love; Brings every blessing from above." Psalms 34:17,19 - [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles...Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of the

Sermon2/19/16 3:00 AM
maureen from wigan england  Contact via emailFind all comments by maureen
How Quickly We Can Change
Rev. John Thackway
Exellent

Sermon2/18/16 5:27 PM
maureen from wigan england  Contact via emailFind all comments by maureen
Not of God
Rev. John Thackway
Exellent teaching

Sermon1/10/16 9:27 AM
Tony Aubrey from Near Cockermouth  Contact via emailFind all comments by Tony Aubrey
A Difficult Commission (152)
Rev. John Thackway
Thanks John for that encouraging message about Timothy,and the variou characters in the church.

Sermon1/8/16 7:33 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
Our Times in God's Hand
Rev. John Thackway
“ Refreshing message ”
Thanks

Sermon1/6/16 6:00 AM
arthur k from melb aust  Find all comments by arthur k
The Mark of the Beast
Stephen Holland
“ Incredible but TRUE !!! ”
I have herd many sermons and many theories on what the mark of the beast is but they are all fanciful deceptions and lies of the devil. Your exposition Mr Holland is the Truth, it has been my conviction for many years and I rejoice to find there are others of this same conviction. Unfortunately it is a doctrine that many will not want to receive because it does not come under the title of sensationalism or "some new thing" Thank you Mr Holland for this wonderfully truth.

Sermon12/5/15 9:36 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
It Was God Who Sent Me Here (196)
Rev. John Thackway
“ Useful and gracious Sermon! ”
Precious and true teaching about forgiveness

Sermon11/30/15 4:03 PM
jim landis from missouri, usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by jim landis
“ A message not to be forgotten. ”
The Devil would love for the truth of this message to be lost forever- buried with Aaron- thank the Lord through His Word we can stand upon this Truth and have Light for our path.

Sermon10/13/15 1:40 PM
jim landis from missouri, usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by jim landis
Submitting One to Another (41)
Rev. John Thackway
“ Church problem solver. ”
Not only shines the light on how many problems come about in the Church, But really shows how desperately I need to walk in the Spirit to keep from creating problems in the Church, and to be a benefit to it.

Sermon10/12/15 7:16 PM
jim landis from missouri, usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by jim landis
“ What a blessing! ”
Thank you Pastor, and Holywell for providing these messages. The Lord has used them in in such an immeasurable way to me- I'll tell you more about it in Heaven.

Sermon10/1/15 2:27 PM
T. Hall from SC  Find all comments by T. Hall
Prosperity and Adversity
Rev. John Thackway
“ Uplifting message! ”
This message has helped me to better understand and see God's purpose in the severe adversity which He has lovingly brought into my life. It is comforting to be reminded that He does love me and is even closer to me now than any other time. I am truly grateful for Bro. Thackway and the wonderful messages that the Lord has given to us through him!I pray that others are comforted through hearing them as well!

Sermon9/18/15 11:55 AM
Kenny Cheek from Marietta, Georgia  Find all comments by Kenny Cheek
Speech Corrupted by Sin (26)
Rev. John Thackway
I listened to this sermon last night and I've been thinking about it all day today. I'm going to listen to it again when I get home this evening. Thank you!

Sermon9/12/15 10:57 PM
Kenny Cheek from Marietta, Georgia  Find all comments by Kenny Cheek
Four Kinds of Hearers
Rev. John Thackway
Yet another excellent message. Thank you!

Sermon9/7/15 5:19 PM
Kenny Cheek from Marietta, Georgia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kenny Cheek
I'm always blessed by Pastor Thackway's messages but once in a while I find one even more edifying than usual. This is one of those. Thank you!

Sermon8/14/15 2:19 AM
Benjamin Lowery from United Kingdom  Contact via emailFind all comments by Benjamin Lowery
“ Small Correction ”
I'd just like to offer a minor correction to something I said in this sermon. During the sermon I incorrectly stated that Psalm 80 is an exilic psalm. However, it was, in fact, according to the superscription, written by Asaph, which would put it at an earlier date.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4

Stand Firm!

Spiritual Warfare
Faith Bible Church

Travail of the Soul
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 400+

Gratitude to God makes even a temporal blessing a taste of Heaven. ... William Romaine

Android Wear