First Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
MyChurch: fpccolumbia
First Presbyterian Church
Dr. Derek Thomas  |  Columbia, South Carolina

Sermon12/12/14 1:58 AM
comments
This was deep. Thank you. Gave me some clarity.

Sermon12/11/14 5:01 AM
Cathy from Columbia, S.C.  Find all comments by Cathy
comments
“ A 'New' 'Breathtaking' Look at Christmas ”
Dr. Thomas is right....this was a difficult topic, and for the most part; however, he always brings it to a Biblical, scriptural end, and enables us to see these truths with wisdom...humbling wisdom...and encourages us to "accept with meekness...God's very Word(s). For an unbelievable amount of time, God has allowed darkness in my life, but because of such a nourishing meal of the Word at First Pres, and in particular, this teaching on His Incarnation, I have come closer to His rest, and more willing to take His yoke upon myself than ever before. I could feel, I think, a burden lifted from my heart at the close of this Christmas meditation...and God has answered my prayer for the desire to "see not only Christmas, but all of my life and circumstances, from His perspective. Thank you, God, and thank you, Dr. Thomas.

Sermon12/5/14 2:37 AM
I love this. *smile* in some parts. And, I love Dr. Thomas.

Sermon11/16/14 3:41 AM
Aileen Willoughby from Hudson Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by Aileen Willoughby
The Gospel of God in the Psalms of David:...
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
As usual God comes to my rescue when I was praying for a way to reach my grandson who will soon be a teenager and struggles with life - I click on this sermon and Lo! It deals with the very situation with which I seek to help my grandson - thank you Lord Jesus and thank you Dr Ferguson .

Sermon11/13/14 6:47 AM
A Believer
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson

Sermon11/11/14 1:06 AM
The Hypostatic Union
Dr. Derek Thomas
Love these lessons They have been invaluable in my growth as a Christian and in knowing our wonderful Savior.

Sermon10/19/14 4:14 PM
Cathy from Columbia, South Carolina  Find all comments by Cathy
Justification
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
I can only say..."O, the depth of the riches, the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable His judgements and His ways beyond finding out. For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor? Or who hath first given to Him and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things..to whom be flory forever. Amen." I just listened to your lecture on Justification...almost every word was like fresh air to me...if you only knew how long I have been looking inside myself for proof of justification!! Your words "Don't look inside yourself...look at Jesus"...well, what shall I say? It has taken my breath away....Thank Him and you for such wonderful words of life...I am a debtor to mercy and grace...how can it be?

Sermon10/13/14 6:57 AM
Justification
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
I love your quotes . My notes are full of quotes. I add them to my emails and texts and letters to my grandson . They are excellent capsules of theology I can use in introducing Christ in my conversations with others.

Sermon10/11/14 10:19 PM
Regeneration
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Well taught and helps put everything linked to our salvation in proper perspective

Sermon10/9/14 7:09 AM
Effectual Calling
Dr. Mark McDowell
My prayer is for understanding by those who rebel against these beautiful life-saving doctrines in favor of their own stubbornness and unbelief - Lord, open their eyes!

Sermon10/8/14 3:02 PM
Blindness
Dr. Derek Thomas
"Inflame my affections with a passion for You like I've never known before, Lord Jesus." Yes, Lord Jesus. Thank you. I want 20/20. I submit myself to You and Your Word.

Sermon9/30/14 7:24 PM
Regeneration
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Thank you. The difference between regeneration and conversion is something I was brought to see just in recent, probably couple, years. At first i had a hard time grasping it, but you have put it forth in clear and simple enough terms to make it managable to better understanding.

Sermon9/20/14 10:45 PM
The Ordo Salutis
Dr. Derek Thomas
What a privilege to learn about The trinity in this way - I go back to the beginning and re-listen to each course over znd over .

Sermon9/18/14 4:47 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Although I'd not known of this Rev. Haines/Hanes?, it was a delight to learn of this man of God and how God had His hand on him from a tiny infant. This is why I so appreciate others' comments as otherwise I may never happen upon these preachers and teachers who are God's gifts to us His church. Excellent and powerful. Great presentation and application.

Sermon9/18/14 3:38 AM
comments
Excellent. Enlightening. Very much enjoyed.

Sermon9/16/14 8:14 PM
Cecelia from North East Pennsylvania  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cecelia
comments
Great discernment! May God open the eyes of His people who lay their heads anywhere there is no threat to their comfort in this life. We have too many places to lay our heads; unlike the Son of man many plan to stay in one place with one thought in mind -"Me." Its tradition.

Sermon9/11/14 11:11 PM
Union With Christ
Dr. Derek Thomas
So good. I truly love this School of Theology and have been so blessed by it over the last couple of years. I really miss it when we are in between semesters. Looking forward to next week with the speaker you spoke highly of. Thank you, Dr. Thomas.

Sermon9/7/14 9:59 PM
Victory
Dr. Derek Thomas
Nothing short of excellent teaching - so glad to be back in school

Sermon9/6/14 4:13 AM
1 Peter 2:4-10
Dr. Dariusz Brycko
What a pleasant surprise the Holy Spirit brought to my ears! Having grandparents coming to the US from Poland and becoming citizens themselves I loved hearing Dr Brycko's message . Welcome to the USA and thank you for a great lesson in 1 Peter which I happen providentially to be studying.

Sermon8/21/14 4:05 AM

Galatians 6:14,15
Fellowship Baptist Church

Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting

Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..