Calvary Reformed Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

More + Podcast + Codes
HTML Embed | Demo
MyChurch: calvaryrpc
Calvary Reformed Presbyterian Church
Jeff Ferguson  |  Hampton, Virginia

Sermon5/6/13 9:47 PM
Bill Cranford from South Carolina  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bill Cranford
Marriage and the Marriage Bed
“ Still preaching ”
Have not heard you in 35 years. Powerful. Take care of pastor Ferguspn.

Sermon4/24/11 5:07 PM
Ronnie from Virginia Beach  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ronnie
Knowing God
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
This was a great sermon, especially for Easter. Usually you hear the story of Jesus and how he rose from the dead, but today we hear what that means for us. I am so saddened that people I have known over the years have seemed to abandon their faith, and this sermon is a way to wake them up. We can not be lukewarm, or He will spew us out of his mouth.... choose this day whom you will serve!

Sermon2/6/11 1:55 PM
D. Barron Sinclair from Houston area, U.S.  Contact via emailFind all comments by D. Barron Sinclair
Assurance for the Needy
Byron Snapp
“ Insightful Sermon ”
Excellent sermon that addresses a broad spectrum of scripture. The emphasis is on our need to obey God's law, with much emphasis on the Sabbath, tithing, and ample words to children obeying parents.

Sermon12/2/10 12:51 PM
Meleane from USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Meleane
Christ, Our Only Teacher and Leader
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
Thank you so much for the great sermon. It is very helpful.

Sermon9/20/10 3:47 PM
Michael Carrier from Southern California  Contact via emailFind all comments by Michael Carrier
Singleness, Sex, and Marriage
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
This sermon hits home for me. I am single and dating a woman for 6 years and we BOTH have very HIGH sex drives. I want to get married but she said she has not heard God tell her to do it yet. She has a lot of preconcieved notions abot what needs to be done first.

Sermon6/28/08 11:27 PM
concerned  Find all comments by concerned
Patriarchy: A New Legalism?
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
comments
“ YES IT IS LEGALISM!!! ”
amen and amen. Patriarchy as it is taught viz. Vision Forum, Doug Phillips, Sovereign Grace Ministries, and Nancy Leigh DeMoss style is legalistic. They have distorted truth and made it a set of rules. There are so many patriarchy followers now in reformed circles, not sure why. Bill Gottard was/is also heavy into this stuff. Those courtship books did nothing to discourage this unbiblical extremist view that is demeaning to women and putting families in bondage everywhere...

Sermon6/15/07 6:11 AM
Sue  Contact via emailFind all comments by Sue
Woe to Hypocrites, Part 2
comments
Thank you for this excellent sermon. I have listen to this many times and each time find it to be helpful to freeing me spirtually from this legalistic patriachy movement. God bless

Sermon12/17/06 11:01 AM
Arthur from Scotland  Find all comments by Arthur
Woe to Hypocrites, Part 2
comments
This follow-up on Rev. Hurst's sermon on hypocrisy continues with this dangerous theme, still prevalent in the modern churches. These warnings bring us to look closely, and deep, at our witness and testimony and that of our church. Thank you Rev. Hurst, two good messages.

Sermon12/17/06 10:57 AM
Arthur from Scotland  Find all comments by Arthur
Woe to Hypocrites
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
Hypocrisy is not just the preserve of the Pharisees. Sadly it is alive and kicking in the church today. Rev. Hurst brings a timely warning to us, in the words of Jesus as He castigated the Pharisees. But their "fruit" is all to often today the product of many within the pulpit and the pew, and we should heed the warning and take the necessary action in our fellowships.

Sermon5/9/06 3:03 PM
marcyjoy lawrence from minneapolis  Contact via email
Boy, was I surprised at what I heard in this message! I thought I was just looking for a simple answer to my re-occuring fatigue and weariness from physical illness and the everyday stresses that seem to be nonstop lately. Certainly it had nothing to do with my faith and Christianity (or so I thought!) Well Like I said, I was sure surprised. But definatly in a good way. This is now my very favorite sermon from this site. Thank you!

Sermon11/28/05 6:33 AM
William F. Hill, Jr. from Norfolk, Va.
This was a very good sermon and reminder of what the Lord's Table is for us and why it was given to us.

Sermon8/21/05 4:38 AM
William Hill from Norfolk VA
Craving Christ, the Bread of Life
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
Powerful sermon. I am often reminded how black my heart is and incredibly humbled by the wonderful forgivenenss offered by my Lord and Savior. To feed on Christ and to know Him more, as the Apostle Paul said, should be the goal of my heart.

Sermon12/15/04 9:11 PM
Jennifer from Australia
Patriarchy: A New Legalism?
comments
I was introduced to patriarchy through a website, where I was quickly condemned and ganged up on because 1) I was a woman with an opinion, 2) I was divorced (from an abusive husband) and remarried and 3)I worked part-time (through necessity). It seems to me that patriarchy has all the hallmarks of a cult, as they are elitist, think they are the true church, think other Christians are wrong, and say that their way is the only way. I believe patriarchy needs to be isolated and identified as a cult. They are hurting so many good Christians, and in so many ways are like the Jehovas Witnesses and Boston Church of Christ, as they too are elitist and back everything they say up with scripture, but are in error. I was actually told that I HAVE TO divorce my husband, because our marriage is not valid, because my ex-husband didn't commit adultery, and that the abuse was irrelevant (and trivialised). How disgusting is this! This sermon set me free!! I hope more people like Pete Hurst will identify patriarchy and the errors of its ways and make it known to all Christians.

Sermon5/3/04 12:52 AM
K. J. Gillan from Virginia
Patriarchy and the Family
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
comments
“ How Refreshing! ”
I so appreciate the balanced scriptural viewpoint expressed with passion. If Christ has freed us, why do we remake ourselves as slaves, subjecting ourselves and our families to the pharisaical laws of men? The Apostle Paul says that when we try to justify ourselves by law, we are alienated from Christ, and have fallen away from grace. (Gal. 5:4) He strongly cautions us against letting ourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery, and bids us be vigilant about avoiding heartless, brainless legalism. This sermon preaches release for the captives!

Sermon2/18/04 1:00 PM
Allan Zerkowitz
Patriarchy and the Church
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
Once again, thank you for having the courage to tackle these issues. I hope your sermons will encourage other pastors to speak out against the unbiblical excesses of the patriarchy movement.

Sermon1/28/04 3:28 PM
Allan Zerkowitz
Patriarchy and the Family
comments
Thank you so much for standing up to the excesses of the modern patriarchy movement. You're "right on" in attributing much of the movement's appeal to laziness, and the desire to have someone tell us what to do, instead of seeking the Scriptures ourselves.

Sermon1/19/04 12:10 AM
Daniel Urroz from So Cal
Patriarchy and Education
comments
Looking forward to more in the coming weeks. thank you for your time on this matter. As the "head of the house", I will continue to pray for you and your church.

Sermon1/18/04 11:07 PM
Philip Lancaster from Willis, Virginia  Contact via email
Patriarchy and Education
K. W. (Pete) Hurst
comments
“ On Christian Liberty ”
(1) I do believe that home education is the child-raising model that comes closest to fulfilling the principles, patterns, and precepts of Scripture, and I would be happy to hear a biblical rebuttal of that perspective. (2) I believe that it is a matter of Christian liberty whether parents choose to do home education or to delegate some teaching duties to Christian school teachers. Home education is not a test of faithfulness to Christ. (3) Even though I think homeschooling is demonstrably the best choice, I support and commend parents who send their children to Christian schools and welcome an open debate about the merits of the respective educational models. (4) Someone is not a "legalist" simply because he holds a more conservative position than someone else, nor is he an "antinomian" just because his position is less strict. We must make our case from Scripture. Charity requires that we grant the most generous interpretation to a brother's position and refrain from the hasty attachment of negative labels to those who may differ from us.

Sermon1/18/04 8:21 PM
Daniel Urroz from So Cal
Patriarchy: A New Legalism?
comments
Thank you for your attention in this matter. My prayer is that you remain faithful with all boldness,in contending for the faith, and in stopping this fast growing corruption of the church.

Sermon1/17/04 9:26 PM
Philip Lancaster from Willis, Virginia  Contact via email
Patriarchy: A New Legalism?
comments
Allow me to respond to some specific points in Rev. Hurst's sermon. Contrary to what he claims about our teaching: —Biblical patriarchy is most decidedly not "familyolatry." We specifically teach that the family is NOT "ultimate" in this world. We teach that the church is the central institution of history, not the family. —We constantly teach that fathers should be under the authority of church elders and should submit to that authority. —Husbands should listen to the correction of their wives. We teach that wives should appeal to their husbands and then to the church if their husbands are in sin or failing in their covenanted obligations. —Fathers should not leave a church to flee authority. That would be anarchy. They are subject to the authority and discipline of the elders. —Fathers do not hold the keys of the kingdom, church elders do. Fathers may not administer the sacraments within their families.

Jump to Page : [1] 2

Fellowship Baptist Church

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church

Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sermon: Perfect Law, Imperfect People
Robert Rubino

Before Christ's resurrection, it was twilight; it is sunrise now. ... Augustus H. Strong

City: Austin, TX