Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

· Page 1 ·  Found: 1,630 total user comment(s)

Sermon7/18/16 3:30 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Giving Thanks for What We Know ”
Hey, guys, it kinda sounds like you're patting yourselves on the back for what you know when you talk about what you would or wouldn't do. Are you forgetting that, like Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and the rest of us, there was a time when you didn't know anything? You had to be taught. Taught how to feed yourself, dress yourself, read, write, think about things (Are you going to jump off of the bridge because everybody else is doing it?), rethink some things (Was that fight really worth the discipline you're now getting?), etc., etc. Don't take credit for what you were taught, for the knowledge that came your way. Give thanks for what you know. Could be Alton Sterling and Philando Castile didn't get that kind of knowledge.

Sermon7/17/16 7:19 PM
Unity from Florida  Find all comments by Unity
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Church unity ”
Firstly, I agree, Black lives matter is not a biblical group. Aside from that it doesn't matter what we do as Christians, attend your church prayer meetings, podcast, post our thoughts on social media...etc, when we fail to address the unity issue between races, cultures, and class lines, we are impeding the witness of Christ and we are limiting the reflection of the glory of God. There is much opportunity for us to embrace the differences of many people in churches (apart from sin). And we can greatly utilize each difference to glorify God in unity. The harsh truth is this issue has not been solved by Gods people, an evident truth seen on Sunday's in many Churches throughout America and until it is dealt with in our churches, it will never be dealt with in America's streets. In the Bible Paul speak greatly about these divisions that were going on in the church in his day, Jews and Gentiles were divided but the cross united them, we must keep in mind we represent the same cross today through the gospel of Jesus. Are there differences amongst us? Of course and so will there be in heaven, but oneness of purpose doesn't mean sameness of being. That requires us to recognize the unique differences each individual brings to the table for the glory of Christ. All of the rest are moot po

Sermon7/17/16 9:25 AM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ About What Ms. Reynolds Remembers, pt 2 ”
And I will share with you just some of the things that “the hub” with its social gospel ideology intentionally or unintentionally taught us and the generations after us. 1) Civil disobedience – It is your duty to disobey unjust/unfair laws, to not comply with any requests by the authority that conflicts with your perceived rights. 2) The teachings of people such as Mahatma Gandhi are equal to Jesus' teachings. 3) Acknowledging God is important, but getting a good education and a good job are more important. 4) You can have spiritual fellowship with a Muslim convert (like Muhammad Ali—he was welcomed in many black churches) or someone of another faith because they are a positive role model in the black community. 5) Get behind/give your support to any left leaning, liberal thinking, morally decadent or spiritually corrupt famous black person when comments are made about their negative influence on society and, especially, on the young people. Recognize that he or she is only being persecuted /talked about because they're black. Now, what was it that you were asking? Why don't they comply and what's with the attitude?

Sermon7/17/16 9:14 AM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ About What Ms. Reynolds Remembers, pt 1 ”
I read the article by Ms. Reynolds. She painted a rose colored picture of the Civil Rights Movement. Yes, the Movement had a spiritual base because the black church was the hub of the black community. Although many of the black churches were not on board at the beginning, by the time I was old enough to be aware of what was going on, most of the churches were giving their support to Martin Luther King. I was too young to be a participant in the Movement (in fact, I wasn't even around at the start of it), but I am old enough to remember some things that Ms. Reynolds did not mention. Things like the fractions within the Movement, with some folks taking a violent, more hostile approach to change. I remember riots, fires, killings, the police being called racist pigs, the “get whitey” attitude.

Sermon7/15/16 2:46 PM
Jen from ny  Find all comments by Jen
Satan's War on Gender
comments
I admire your passionate biblical preaching Pastor Harris. I encourage especially teenage boys and all single men to listen to your pleas in this message and seek God's truths when it comes to marriage. Also, it was validating for those who are married as well! God bless you and your (much needed) ministries!

Sermon7/15/16 5:20 AM
Jwoods from Spring Lake  Find all comments by Jwoods
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Well done Pastors, Continue to Speak on these issues!!! ”
I agree with everything said, and I am a Young 25yrs old christian black man from Miami Dade County. And I lived in a black on black crime, drugged infested area. Honestly, i might go off topic but I dont care because these conversations hit home. I take shots from other black people at work for saying the same thing as these Pastors. If We as black people find being confronted by police an issue then you should "fix your taillight" and "Change the way you dress". And because of the lack of authority in the homes(Fathers) "We(Me)" dont submit to auhority very well and believe it or not I've heard these same words from my white basketball coach 8 years ago and it helped me to be different then my 20 something black family and friends who are dead and locked up. I thank God for my Coach for judging me and pointing out these things that these pastors are pointing out. And im behind them 100% ). Much love to all. Peace!

Sermon7/13/16 11:52 AM
JM from North carolina  Find all comments by JM
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Was with you at first.... ”
I agree that the BLM movement has serious issues at its core. I myself didn't realize how serious until I reviewed their website firsthand. There IS black on black crime at an alarming rate that needs to be adressed as well. These things must not be ignored. But when I turn to Christian pod casts and hear careless remarks like "just get your taillights fixed" my heart feels sad. You say you should view these events from a biblical perspective yet "just get your taillights fixed" or "look at how your dressed" seems to fall short ( especially when lives were lost). I don't know all the facts of these cases but I'm pretty certain no one does at this point. Let us stay Christ centered and pray that God continues to break down the many barriers that exists within our own hearts regarding race. Yes, even within the church we hold to biases and judgements that are not always righteous. And one further note- I do believe you guys have good intentions and are not racist by any means. But maybe it would be helpful to have a more well rounded discussion when it comes to these types of issues. Otherwise it just comes off as white people gathering around the mic to talk about what black people should or should not be doing. God bless

Sermon7/13/16 9:21 AM
Melanie from SoCal  Find all comments by Melanie
Black Lives Matter
comments
Please stop discussing race if you have no compassion.

Sermon7/12/16 9:47 PM
BA from Celestial City  Protected NameFind all comments by BA
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Response to CLR ”
1. I have to say I am a white male and I don't LOVE guns. Some men do and it is idolatry. I don't think this is limited to whites tho. I do enjoy guns. Great instrument for protection (not sure why my family needs to be protected from me, I'm teaching my kids how to properly handle a firearm). It's also a great stress reliever. Some people like to swing at golf balls. I like to bust clays in the air. 2. Remember there is only one race - the human one. I can't stand segregation and as long as we are separate "races" what are we to expect? 3. When a black policeman kills a black man or a white man it doesn't make news. Why?

Sermon7/12/16 1:29 PM
CLR from Earth  Find all comments by CLR
Black Lives Matter
comments
First off I would like to say thank you for being brave enough to do the sermon "satans War on Gender". On the other hand you all really should stay away from discussing Race relations all together. Three things about the issues you'll are discussing: 1. Castiles girlfriend did the right thing when she continued to film. If the cop killed her boyfriend for no good reason, what makes you think he wouldn't kill her for moving and as you put it hold or hug her child and boy friend. Go and re-watch the Rodney king videos. The attorney for those cops said every time rodney moved it was a threat to the 15 or 20 something cops standing over him kicking and beat him. 2. As far as black lives matter group. I'm all for for disassembling them as long as the kkk is once and for all disassembled. One group is willing to be violent when justice is not served. The other group HAS killed people, burned churches and crosses because they want to be superior over all other races. 3. Just because it's not coming out in the news don't mean the victims are always resisting. Just about every white male I talk to say they LOVE guns and killing things. Some claim to own a firearm to protect their families, but I say who protects the family from them? So Why do white men LOVE guns?

Sermon7/9/16 11:19 PM
patsy from south africa  Contact via emailFind all comments by patsy
We'll Not Leave Empty-Handed
William J. Sturm
Pastor Sturm, I am realky blessed listening to these teachin in Exodus, thank you, I know that the words of your mouth and the meditation of you heart ate acceptable in His sight, may we always give Hin our Lord and saviour the glory! It is He and only He that we have to thank that you make His name great, and His hope we as children live in. Psalm 121, amen, come Lord Jesus.

Sermon7/9/16 1:52 PM
Stephen Pawlewski  Find all comments by Stephen Pawlewski
Satan's War on Gender
comments
A wide stance preacher. shiny, indeed.

Sermon7/9/16 10:01 AM
Christine Zelmer from Battle Creek,Mi.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Christine Zelmer
Satan's War on Gender
comments
wonderful message.. felt alttle as a fly on the wall as this was addressed.to a mens retreat,but content wonderful..so sad.that the church as a whole is moving AWAY from Genisis 1 and Our Holy Bible is not the inerrant only way to first look at issues of these crazy days we now find ourselves in...

Sermon7/4/16 9:55 AM
Pastor Dave  Find all comments by Pastor Dave
AFA Seems to Support Trump
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Hon from WI ”
Actually the total number of representatives is 435. Reread your comment and enjoy the irony.

Sermon7/4/16 8:07 AM
ALFRED from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by ALFRED
“ Worship or Evangelistic? ”
Preach while you are singing? Is this why the Reformers and Puritans sung the Psalms? Some congregations still do. I do not belong to a particular church at the moment, I attend several different ones and overwhelming number of them are evangelistic events. Expository preaching is foreign to them. And salvation based on emotions are usually temporary. 1. Expository preaching 2. Singing the Psalms 3. 5 doctrines of Sovereign Grace It seems to me the Puritans and the Reformers had it right. Not perfect by any means, but close.

Sermon6/27/16 1:07 AM
Jess from Middle East  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jess
“ Link to articles ”
When you all cite an article, is it possible to provide a link in the "show notes"? Thanks for these podcasts, by the way.

Sermon6/27/16 12:54 AM
Jess from Middle East  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jess
AFA Seems to Support Trump
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ What are we supposed to do? ”
So, what are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to invent a time machine and fix all our wrongs? I am tired of the America bashing. Yes we have our faults, but name a better system of government! I am also concerned with this election and our choices but I would like to challenge you to let us know why we should not vote or should vote for Democrats, ever! The bottom line is that God is in charge and we are to be change agents in our culture. Which you nailed. Just keep in mind all the good that has been wrought as a result of God's blessing on America. I think Trump will be very good for America in our current situation. But as stated, our trust is in the Lord.

Sermon6/25/16 12:37 PM
Hon from WI  Find all comments by Hon
AFA Seems to Support Trump
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ # of us representatives ”
The total # of us representatives is 535. You got the # wrong. Please check your fact before you do a podcast and make comments. When you misquote facts, you make yourself sound stupid.

Sermon6/25/16 12:32 PM
Jon from WI  Find all comments by Jon
AFA Seems to Support Trump
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Additional comment on price ”
Also wanted to let you know the the surgeon gets paid about 800-1000 for the initial consult, the actual surgery and for 90 days of follow up. Any question?

Sermon6/25/16 12:28 PM
Jon from WI  Find all comments by Jon
AFA Seems to Support Trump
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Price corrwction ”
The reimbursement for a total knee or hip replacement from Medicare is about $29,000. There are some regional differences depending upon the region of the country. A hospital can charge whatever it wants to, but the government is only going to pay one price. Besides no one person has a clock on their person that states when they are going to die.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Kevin Swanson
The Pope & Ravi Zacharias

Coming Together 2016
Generations Radio

Sermon: Jesus' Death: Our Salvation
Bob Vincent

Give not thy tongue too great a liberty, lest it take thee prisoner. ... Francis Quarles

Apple TV New!