Arthur and Kathleen Vick
Arthur and Kathleen Vick  |  Columbus, Ohio

Blog8/13/16 11:37 PM
Don Capps from Winchester, Virginia  Find all comments by Don Capps
comments
Hmmm. Let us contrast two statements here.

Mr. & Ms. Vick potificate: "Two men, both named 'Jesus', but men of opposite character, abilities and intentions. There must be two different destinations for the followers of these two 'Christs' - one to heaven, the other to hell."

Yet Whitefield himself dared not be so arrogant: "And it often fills me with pleasure to think how I shall behold you casting your crown down at the feet of the Lamb, and as it were filled with a holy blushing for opposing the divine sovereignty in the manner you have done."

I note that the moderators have promised to censor personal attack and insult. Does that include this horrid slander of Mr. Wesley's character?

Blog7/11/14 5:18 AM
Akinyemi Timotheus from Akure,Nigeria  Contact via emailFind all comments by Akinyemi Timotheus
comments
U are so quick in judging. Both seems true.I think its a
mystery

Blog5/1/12 1:08 AM
A Wesleyan from Princeton, NJ  Find all comments by A Wesleyan
comments
I think my first reaction is that I don't see how this question addresses my concern that the blog article misrepresents Wesley without having read his writings...

But I'll bite. God can forgive sins because the sacrifice on the cross makes reconciliation possible (Col 1:20). God forgives sins through unmerited justification (Romans 4). God forgives sin because Christ became sin for our sake (2 Cor 5:21). God can forgive sins because the punishment and guilt that ought to have been ours was on Christ instead (Isaiah 53:5).

Blog4/22/12 9:49 PM
Arthur and Kathleen Vick from Columbus, Ohio  Protected NameGo to homepageFind all comments by Arthur and Kathleen Vick
comments
A question for the Princeton Wesleyan: How Can God Forgive Sin?

Please answer in your own words, not quoting from any theologian.

Blog4/19/12 10:13 PM
A Wesleyan from Princeton, NJ  Find all comments by A Wesleyan
comments
I think Jesus would be rather dissatisfied to hear any of us say "I am a Wesleyan" or "I am for Calvin" or "I am a Lutheran" (1 Cor 1:10-17 probably applies here). Nope, I plan on saying something to the effect of "all my works, all this life was dross compared to the surpassing goodness of Christ" when I get there. And, frankly, I think Wesley would be saying the same thing...

Blog4/12/12 6:30 AM
comments
To the writer from New Jersey: Are you prepared to stand before the Judgment Seat of the Great and Glorious God, our LORD Jesus Christ, and tell Him, "I am a Wesleyan"?

Blog4/11/12 8:38 PM
A Wesleyan from Princeton, NJ  Find all comments by A Wesleyan
comments
I'd also be interested to know if the authors have read "Free Grace" (Wesley's sermon that Whitefield responds to), or any of Wesley's other sermons for that matter. I find the review pretty biased and uninformed. In the scope of the 18th century English Revival, this is a very minor debate. And the reviewers over-simplify Wesley's theology to being a "free-willer." Wesley may have been an outspoken Arminian, but his theology is very classically protestant (see for example "On Justification," etc for support).

Blog7/23/10 9:28 PM
Wally from Australia  Find all comments by Wally
comments
I agree with seeking truth. If Election is true surely their fates were sealed before the beginning of time anyway

Blog3/30/10 3:18 PM
Seeking Truth  Find all comments by Seeking Truth
comments
Could I ask an honest question?
You state George Whitefield's teaching on election is true - that elect people were chosen by God the Father and given to God the Son from before the foundations of the world.
Then how is your statement possible, "These are two different gospels ... and there must be two different destinations for the followers of these two Christs - one to heaven, the other to hell."
If this is about election, how could one be lost if he is the elect? Won't it be more accurate to state that Whitefield was of the elect and Wesley was not?