Loughbrickland Reformed Presbyterian | SermonAudio.com

Loughbrickland Reformed Presbyterian
David Silversides  |  Loughbrickland, Northern Ireland

Sermon12/7/06 4:44 PM
Alyssa Faith from Guyana, South America  Find all comments by Alyssa Faith
The holiness of God
“ Wonderful sermon! ”
I thoroughly enjoyed this sermon on the holiness of God, which is also about the covenant of grace, the mediating work of Jesus Christ and the folly of coming to God by any other way than the one he prescribes. It is a theological feast - I learned alot! Thank the Lord for this man who loves His truth.

Sermon11/28/06 7:41 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Scott McMahan
Dispensationalism: Is it Biblical?
Rev David Silversides
“ The Historical and Biblical View ”
This presentation is quite long (wouldn't fit on a CD!) but interesting. I grew up in an area where there was no other interpretation of the Bible other than dispensationalism - the Bible WAS the Scofield Bible. I am interested in discovering the older, historical interpretation of the Bible. This study, which is jammed with Bible references, helped show some of the difficulties in the dispensationalist view.

Sermon11/1/06 10:39 AM
A Biblical Assessment of Halloween
“ Perennial Classic ”
Excellent historical and Biblical look at Halloween - keep this handy when the holiday comes around.

Sermon10/31/06 6:54 AM
Why there is a church of Christ
Rev David Silversides
“ Excellent Ephesians expositon ”
I'm learning so much from this excellent exposition of Ephesians which explains the text and its relationship to the OT and Reformed theology.

Sermon9/2/06 2:36 PM
Corinne from San Diego, California  Contact via email
Was C. S. Lewis an Evangelical?
comments
I haven't listened to the sermon, but that's because I guessed what it was going to say already. Upon re-reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" five years ago I could see some BIG red flags - like Adam's FIRST wife not being Eve, but Lilith. And I think in another book, I can't remember which, he makes a reference to people needing to pray on their knees because it reminds us that we are just animals. I haven't had much use for his writings since then; it takes too much work to sort through.

Sermon7/23/06 5:23 AM
Norman and Naomi Smith from New Haw,Surrey,England
A word about women from the King of the...
Rev David Silversides
comments
“ Just what we needed to hear ! ”
Naomi and myself have been looking for a spiritual home,and attended two different local churches recently, where we thought we could belong- lovely saints,great preaching,etc. ! In both churches however,we were stunned to find at the prayer meetings that the sisters prayed audibly . We thought this unscriptual,but maybe thought that we had it wrong and were too judgmental. A dear brother (Tom) pointed out this sermon,and it proved ,in providence,the answer to our questions on this matter. Thankyou Bro Silversides for faithful preaching. I met you once when you were at the T.B.S. i was the cleaner ther at the time , and i also have read your book on the free offer of the gospel,which was beneficial as well,as i am involved in street evangelism. May the Lord bless your ministry brother Silversides.

Sermon6/28/06 11:34 AM
Neil from Tucson
When Christian and State Collide
Rev Murdo A. N. Macleod
Thank you! Very edifying, & well structured also.

Sermon6/22/06 8:24 PM
panfisherman
Many ruined but the true church preserved
Rev David Silversides
Text is Isaiah 1. The topic is the unfaithfulness of God's people in the Church (when the pure becomes corrupted).

Sermon6/22/06 8:48 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Contact via email
The climax of God's revelation to men
“ Great Series! ”
This overview of Hebrews has been helpful to me, to understand how Hebrews shows us Christ. I recommend it.

Sermon6/12/06 4:43 PM
b.a. from uk
The longsuffering of the Lord
“ very helpful sermon ”
this sermon helps to show the consistency of God in offering conditional promises and curses to sinners in the gospel.

Sermon5/30/06 11:09 AM
b.a. from uk
A sin never forgiven
Rev David Silversides
this topic of the so called "unpardonable sin" has come up in a thread. i thought i'd listen to this and thank you again for your clear and consistent teaching on it. its great to be able to access this resource on line.

Sermon5/20/06 5:58 PM
Martyn from Ballymena
What about The Da Vinci Code?
comments
Good sermon! Gives very useful information concerning the DVC. Although the DVC is obviously fiction, it is good, nay vital, that Christians have answers to give to the scoffers (I Peter 3:15) in these days.

Sermon5/9/06 5:36 PM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Contact via email
Our Westminster Confession of Faith
“ Outstanding ”
Outstanding introduction to this important document - very informative. Combined with Pastor Ian Goligher's sermon on this topic, it makes a great primer. Highly recommended for people who want to study this historic document that establishes sound doctrine.

Sermon4/27/06 4:13 PM
Gary from U.K  Contact via email
Plain reasons for using the KJV Today
Rev David Silversides
comments
“ I am under 30 ”
I am under 30, indeed before I was 19 I had never read a book the whole way through. When I came under conviction of sin at 19 I began to read the Bible, and it was the K.J.V. I do not say that I understood every word, I would not have understood every word of a children’s book; but I quickly felt at home with the language. I found that this language was majestic, it was reverential, yes it made me read slower than I would reading a newspaper but that taught me that this was no newspaper - it made me think about the word as I read. If it had read like a newspaper I would have read fast and wondered in my thoughts much more easily. Is it a problem of understanding? From my experience I would say no. Rather most young people don't want to put effort into reading; if this is pandered to in translations where will it stop? The Bible will soon have to read like a text message, but it is the word of God and accuracy is vital. If a teen was reading a text book for a Degree he would look up any words he didn't understand (Most Bibles have a glossary at the back of them) yet they will through down a Bible at the first sign of difficulty. When sinners become serious they will have little bother reading the most accurate translation in English; when they do, they will be confident of it.

Sermon4/25/06 1:11 PM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Contact via email
Plain reasons for using the KJV Today
Rev David Silversides
comments
“ Fascinating .... ”
What I can't get over is that in all of the hours and hours of material about the KJV, no speaker ever deals with the main issue, that it's incomprehensible to modern English speakers. Can't they go out and get someone under 30 years of age, give them a KJV, and see if the person understands it? The KJV may be the perfect translation, but when people can't understand it, why insist on its use? Why not take the Received Text and create a modern translation that people can understand?

Sermon4/18/06 12:04 PM
Sean Isaacs  Contact via email
The NIV: Is it Reliable?
Rev David Silversides
This was an enlightening message. Rev. David appeared objective to me. I appreciate the love and passion to contend for the faith. This sermon has confirmed my thoughts about the NIV. Father, it is my prayer, that every listerner would be open to that which from your Spirit. And discard any or all that is not of you, but of the preacher.

Sermon4/16/06 11:11 AM
Arthur from Scotland
Strength through knowing God
“ Great Teaching! ”
What does the book of Daniel teach us.? What does the very existance of prophecy teach the Church today. Why the very Sovereignty of God. In this series on Daniel Rev. Silversides opens Daniel and brings us to perceive the message of prophetic words in God and His omniscience

Sermon4/9/06 11:33 AM
Arthur from Scotland
The cross as the central event of history
Rev David Silversides
A difficult passage well exegeted by David Silversides. Instead of playing about with all sorts of predictions and the like, David says "listen to what God says." and "Don't look at the news today, look at Scripture." "Walk by Faith not by sight." This is a far better pragmatic approach and a good series on Daniel, by Rev. Silversides.

Sermon3/5/06 5:02 PM
Wayne from UK
Very helpful and instructive and convicting sermon on the Lord's Day.

Sermon2/11/06 10:09 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via email
Distinguishing grace
Rev David Silversides
Amen! Thank you for this wonderful message!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more