SATURDAY

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 1,575 total user comment(s)

Sermon10/28/15 11:57 AM
BRF from UK  Find all comments by BRF
comments
“ Reduce the risk to others ”
Hi, I always take JWs literature then bin it, at least they can't pass it on to somebody else then. I know they are not allowed to take what I would give them but if we all took there literature there would be a lot less for them to pass on to people who might be fooled by them.

Sermon10/28/15 11:39 AM
Allie  Find all comments by Allie
comments
Since you asked I will chime in. I agree and already held the views you shared. I would like to hear a podcast on something I heard Pastor MacArthur say in a sermon. He mentioned that Christ's kingdom had to be postponed because the Jews rejected Him. He also spoke about som mystery. I was so creeped out that I stopped listening to him. Christ came to suffer and die. Jews unbelief was prophesied in the old testament. What in the world is he talking about? Do you know? His eschatology is also bizarre. Do you have any insight or references? Thanks.

Sermon10/27/15 2:13 PM
Boris from usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Boris
comments
Hi thanks for sermon, perhaps we would need to search out what was the significance for Paul to use plural form in one place and singular in another.

Sermon10/26/15 11:11 PM
SuzAnn from NorCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
comments
Thanks pastors for another great discussion on a sensitive and curious topic. Thank you for tearing into the passage, the Greek and demonstrating what it says and not what someone wants it to say... JMjr is an awesome teacher and i respect him greatly, have learned so much from him about the Bible, my walk of faith and have attended his church in the past. BUT he is not 100% infallible on his exegesis. No one is! Thanks again for taking on the tough stuff and daring to roll with it so we can better understand and serve our Savior and Lord! Blessings!

Sermon10/26/15 9:37 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
comments
“ Good typical ”
Pastors, I listen to your commentaries all the time and appreciate your views on most topics including this one. However I disagree with you on tongues never being genuine. I have attended 2 Assembly of God churches and have experienced a lot of what I would say is not what is called for in Corinthians but have also been a part of genuine speaking in tongues with an interpretation and it appeared to edify the church. Not trying to argue, just giving my experience. I do agree that there is more abuse of tongues than not. I always enjoy your podcasts and look forward to them in the future.

Sermon10/17/15 2:34 PM
Krystal Mclaughlin from Dallas/Ft Worth  Contact via emailFind all comments by Krystal Mclaughlin
I can only add that I was at home by myself in prayer for someone and i began to speak in what sounded like arabic..and the Holy Spirit was so strong it left me weak. I was not asking or seeking spirtual gifts..so no matter what anyone says...I know they do exist...Pastor Sean I so enjoy your sermons...never stop searching Gods word...

Sermon10/16/15 10:48 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
Was Paul the Anti-Christ?
Sean E. Harris
"...crafty as I am, I caught you by trickery:" The Apostle Paul (2Corinthians 12:16). I guess Paul had all of us fooled. These men should fear Peter's witness: "15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction (2Peter 3:15-16).

Sermon10/12/15 10:07 AM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by H Hudson
“ Important Sermon! ”
This message gives the truth that the secular media will not discuss. Also the psychiatrists and medical doctors will never reveal the regrets of their patients after a few years. There is a need for these unfortunate patients to have a site to discuss their new problems. This is an outstanding news item.

Sermon10/8/15 11:30 AM
jHB from San diego  Find all comments by jHB
“ Trump ”
I think it gives words to how I feel about Jeffers and especially David Jeremiah. I know so many people who go to Jeremiah's church and people from my church who praise him on Facebook. It sickens me to see a leader like that laying hands on a guy like trump in such a mixed multitude.

Sermon10/6/15 7:16 PM
Jon from WI  Find all comments by Jon
This is called atlanto-occipital disassociation. Rare and usually fatal. The reason that you do not place a child in the front seat with air bags. The air bag deploys at 200 mph.

Sermon10/5/15 11:41 AM
Bryan  Find all comments by Bryan
You Know, Huppim and Muppim & Them
William J. Sturm
“ Great Title! ”
Still reminds me of Jim Henson.

Sermon9/29/15 8:36 PM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Job 12:23-25 ESV He makes the nations great, then destroys them; He enlarges the nations, then leads them away. He deprives of intelligence the chiefs of the earth's people and makes them wander in a pathless waste. they grope in the darkness with no light, And He makes them stagger like a drunk man.

Sermon9/26/15 8:34 AM
Henry Walter Holt Jr from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameFind all comments by Henry Walter Holt Jr
“ Interesting ”
Enjoyed the discussion. I cannot speak for America, I can only speak for myself. As far a Trump goes: 1. He says what comes to mind, there appears to be little preparation in anticipation of the questions asked by the moderators. He says what will play well in a "Vines" world and what will cut his competition to the quick. He never answers a question with detail. 2. He is the complete antithesis to current day politicians who measure every word that come out of their mouth. 3. If he says something that is perceived offensive by the media, his canned response is "deal with it". 4. He does not come across as being able to be bullied by the media. 5. Nailing him down on an answer is like nailing jello to the wall 6. His opinions "evolve" with whatever is situationally expedient. This is the most terrifying and dangerous thing about him. 7. He's fun to watch. You just cant wait to see who he's going to offend next. He's the Don Rickles of the political world. He's an equal opportunity offender.

Sermon9/22/15 2:03 PM
Eli from Fayetteville NC  Find all comments by Eli
comments
“ Thoughtful ”
Good broadcast. I find a lot of Christians just don't understand the right way to handle many of these issues Biblicaly and these differentiations are an important part of Christian education. Mentioning Paul making tents for unbelievers and exposing the question about "why not divorce too" are things that folks don't think about until it's put right in front of them. You gave me good points to discuss with my circle of friends.

Sermon9/21/15 6:02 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
Dearest Brother, great question and one I struggled with a little in this lesson: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=8413926221

Sermon9/21/15 9:09 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
I have a question no one (post-trib) seems to be able to answer. If the post-trib position is the correct one, who will populate the kingdom during Christ's earthly reign? All believers are raptured and changed or resurrected into glorified bodies. Will unbelievers populate the kingdom? Sheep and goats? I don't take a hard position anymore, because all positions have valid points. But, the post-trib position is more compatible to the reformed/amillenium belief. In other words no millennium, Christ returns rapture/resurrection new heavens and new earth, eternal state.

Sermon9/21/15 8:40 AM
Why Read Other Translations?
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Justin ”
Do not assume we are ignorant or "lack understanding" simply because we don't find credence within "KJV onlyism." Having Sam Gipp would provide nothing more than a "Anti-nonKJVonlyism" viewpoint. I am familiar with him and his daddy in the faith Peter S. Ruckman and all the other fellas from the PBI world. I read my first "advanced light" books of "The Christians' Handbook to Manuscript Evidence" and "The Scholarship Only Controversy" while I was 19 years old so I doubt, since I own more than 10 of his commentaries, I will get anything new from his golden child Gipp.

Sermon9/19/15 9:24 AM
What if They Make it Right?
William J. Sturm
“ I am crushed! ”
My self righteous pride is brought to the light. My attitude of, "How dare you, do you know who I am?" is scorched in the light of GOD's Word. I am ashamed of my pride. Thank you Lord Christ for your intercession on my behalf, a man of profound weakness and fault.

Sermon9/19/15 6:00 AM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
comments
“ I DISAGREE ”
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear released the following statement Tuesday regarding the marriage license issue in Rowan County: ..."The General Assembly will convene in four months and can make any statutory changes it deems necessary at that time. I see no need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayers' money calling a special session of the General Assembly when 117 of 120 county clerks are doing their jobs." She is an elected official who was elected by the same people who voted for KY's Defense of Marriage Act. That is why she was not fired and can not be fired by the Gov nor the Atty Gen. She is waiting for the state legislature to general assemble next year to take up the matter so she and other clerks can be legally accommodated just like the 30 clerks in NC were by our legislature. I believe her staying in elected office will add the gravitas for the citizens of KY to persuade the legislature to pass legal protection for not only the clerks but other elected state officials. I think it would be a different story if the majority of the county population that elected her agreed with SCOTUS but they overwhelming do not.

Sermon9/17/15 8:15 AM
comments
“ Reply to K Mclaughlin ”
Thank you for stopping in. You have heard the whole series? How did you find it?

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more

Staff Picks..

Dr. Peter Masters
Extensiveness of Conversion

Sunday Evangelistic Message
Metropolitan Tabernacle

2 for 1 Puritan Hard Drive Sale On Now

Rev­iews by Paul Wash­er, Dr. Joel Beeke, Dr. Bauch­am, Rich­ard Benn­ett, Barn­es, et al.
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..