Pilgrims Covenant Church | SermonAudio.com

More + Podcast + Codes
HTML Embed | Demo
MyChurch: pcc
Pilgrims Covenant Church
Pastor Ralph Ovadal  |  Monroe, Wisconsin

Sermon11/29/09 2:25 PM
Brad Newman from Allendale, MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Brad Newman
comments
“ I Signed The Declaration ”
It is a fact that there are dear Christian brethren that do not see it a Christian liberty to sign the Manhattan Declaration. Granted, there are underlying theological statements within the document that should be noted. The document does not directly support the ecumenical movement to join Roman Catholicism with Evangelical Christianity but makes some connections that many, who are still on their guard that the foundational issues of the reformation are still alive and well, may want to examine. However, I still want my voice to be heard loudly that I currently protest the direction the US government is taking in supporting the pro-abortion agenda, the redefining of marriage between a man and a woman, and various legislation that may ultimately make Christianity politically incorrect! In good conscience toward God and man, I signed the document with both eyes wide open - one eye was with hope that some good could be done - another eye on what Rome may gain from this venture.

Sermon11/24/09 5:07 PM
U.S. Protestant from Monroe, Wisconsin  Find all comments by U.S. Protestant
comments
“ Please listen!!! ”
Thank you, Pastor Ovadal, for earnestly contending! I pray that many will listen to and heed this timely warning. It is astonishing that so many evangelicals would throw the Bible out the window and unite with Roman Catholics and Orthodox as "Christians" all! I hope that people will also check out the list of signers which include Albert Mohler, Ravi Zacharias, James Dobson, Joni Eareckson Tada, Tony Perkins, Tim Keller (Redeemer Presbyterian Church), Gary Bauer, JI Packer, Chuck Colson, Timothy George, and, unfortunately, many more claiming the title "evangelical."

Sermon11/24/09 11:02 AM
Angela Wittman from Southern Illinois  Contact via emailFind all comments by Angela Wittman
comments
I tremble with fear at the signing of this Declaration because of the holiness of our Lord. Christians, please do not be deceived... Listen to this sermon and be "wise as serpents" and "harmless as doves." Please don't be fearful as we serve a mighty God. Shun evil and take refuge in the LORD and not in politicians or false religionists.

Sermon10/25/09 12:27 PM
Angela Wittman from Southern Illinois  Find all comments by Angela Wittman
The Proud and Haughty
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Great message and one we, the LORD's people, need to hear. Thank you, I need the admonition. :)

Sermon9/25/09 6:09 AM
Not The Doctor from West Virginia  Find all comments by Not The Doctor
Good Old Grimshaw
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Very Interesting. Thanks Brother Ovadal

Sermon5/3/09 4:44 PM
Bev from orange county, california  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bev
A Profound Prayer
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Pastor Ovadal's teaching on 2 Chronicles 14 needs to be heard. Thank you.

Blog12/12/08 5:41 PM
Heart of the Matter from Monroe, Wisconsin  Protected NameGo to homepageFind all comments by Heart of the Matter
(Blog entry no longer available)
On this week's Heart of the Matter program, Pastor Ovadal responds to some recent wild allegations by Cornerstone fans.

The program may be found here:

Blog12/6/08 11:23 AM
JDFC from Funcie, USA  Find all comments by JDFC
(Blog entry no longer available)
I'm saddened to see this view has been unfairly pushed onto CStone Fest. CStone does offer a safe alternative to secular music.

"Where do You find the Love to offer he who betrays You? And offer to wash my feet as I offer to disobey You?"
--Matthias Replaces Judas by Showbread. (Cornerstone Staple Band)

"Jesus Christ, Light of the world burning bright, within our hearts forever. Freedom mean Love without condition, without a Beginning or an End. Here's my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make every new day seem so new."
--Every New Day by Five Iron Frenzy Former Cornerstone headliner)

I was a wreck doped up and drugged
Against my chains I would have tugged
But then He saved me made me his son
Just like the father I was running from
On that hill upon a tree hung a man who died for me
As he hung there about to die I saw the water pour from his side
He said "my son, your sins are vast
But they are gone, thrown to the past
Walk with me now boy, through fields of green
In this pool of water your face I’ve seen"
--Same Ol' Story by Flatfoot 56
(Cornerstone Staple)

Judge Not.

Blog12/6/08 10:17 AM
lyn from usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
(Blog entry no longer available)
My experience as a volunteer for a Christian CCM radio station opened my eyes to this 'fad'. I attended a 'winterjam' fest a couple of years ago, where one of the 'Christian' bands broke out with their rendition of 'Sweet Home Alabama'; the crowd of 'Christian' teens went absolutely wild. That same year, there was a 'Christian' awards ceremony in Tn., our station promotions person attended these awards. When she got back, she was extremely disappointed because these 'Christian' bands were backstage drinking and partying, just like their worldly counterparts.
This type of music does not glorify and honor God, and will not lead a person to Christ, the Gospel must be spoken to an individual, not mixed up in a lyric with devilish music in the line-up. God will not honor such a method. The young people need to hear Paul Washer's sermon about his shocking youth message, available here at sermonaudio.
We cannot drag something that originated in the world {rock music} and call it 'Christian', just because we change the lyrics. Salvation is not based on emotions, i.e., how a song makes one 'feel'.

Blog12/6/08 10:07 AM
Pastor Ovadal from Wisconsin  Protected NameGo to homepageFind all comments by Pastor Ovadal
(Blog entry no longer available)
I generally feel that the sort of vitriolic slander that is being directed by Cornerstone fans against me and my church fulfills the purpose of revealing the heart of the mocker. However, I have directed that those really over the top smears I mentioned be removed from this blog as it is such an extreme misrepresentation of, not just me, but of our church. No doubt, more such comments may be posted but I would encourage sincere Christians to check out the web site of the Cornerstone Festival. Perhaps that will give some insight into what is driving persons claiming to be Christian to such a vicious attack of a Christian pastor and definitely not just on this blog! CCM is clearly a corrupting, idolatrous addiction!

Blog12/6/08 10:05 AM
(Blog entry no longer available)
I have been reading with interest some of the comments posted here by another defender of "Christian" rock. It is interesting to note the lengths to which the "non-judgmental" crowd will go in order to slander those who have spoken against their favorite idolatry. For instance, this man claimed to have witnessed me hurl such epithets such as "stupid pigs" and "vile whores," as well as "obscenities" and "vulgar hate filled remarks" at Cornerstone fans. I cannot vouch for anyone from several other churches who were at Cornerstone to preach this year as well, including on days when PCC was not even present. I don't know what they might have said or not said, although I would be surprised to hear they had used such language. But no one in our church used such language.

Blog12/6/08 9:41 AM
John UK from Wales  Find all comments by John UK
(Blog entry no longer available)
I wish I had an old baseball hat instead of this old bobble-less bobble hat.

Or is that being covetous, Mike?

p.s. I was gladdened to read that pastor Ovadal managed to witness to the reporter from The Observer. That could be a link in the chain towards his conversion, and there's no telling where that might lead.

Keep on TRACTING and PREACHING the GOSPEL. It is the power of God!

Blog12/6/08 8:53 AM
Mike from New York  Find all comments by Mike
(Blog entry no longer available)
Pastor Ovadal makes some very good points. But he seems to worry a bit much over what some may think of him wearing a baseball cap, for he thinks it necessary to tell us he's not a sports fan, and that "it was a standard cap with a bill." Sorry, Pastor Ovadal, it's still called a baseball cap. I doubt the devil wears one, so it's probably ok that people do.

Blog12/6/08 7:42 AM
John UK from Wales  Find all comments by John UK
(Blog entry no longer available)
I wonder what the purpose of Cornerstone is? Take it back to its root, and what do you find there? Who or what is back of it?

If Cornerstone supporters say "God", then where did they get that idea from? The Bible? I think not!

The powerful early church was powerful because it did things in God's way, especially in the manner of witness. The gospel was to be PREACHED, not sung. It incorporated an ultimatum, not a feel-good factor. It made demands of sinners, not sinners (thinking of themselves as innocent victims) making demands of God.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe the church generally is ill-equipped to help an awful lot of these folk. Have a look at any congregation anywhere and if you find any of this ilk who have been truly converted, how are they geting on with church life? The answer is normally "not very well".

We live in wild times, and children are being born into these wild times. There is a need for a lot of agape love from God himself to cope with such brokenness.

But so-called 'Christian Rock Concerts' are definitely not the answer, in my opinion.

As for CCM, it will increase and increase, producing unregenerate 'converts' to fill the New Age 'Churches'. The Alpha Course is doing exactly the same.

Blog12/6/08 6:50 AM
Michael Hranek from Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
(Blog entry no longer available)
Dear Pastor Ovadal
In your statement that many of those attending these concerts need a Christian witness, a genuine Christian witness if I might add, you are so right.

Didn't Jesus Himself warn us of the wide gate and the broad path that leads to destruction and how many enter that gate and would even call Him 'Lord, Lord' but who He does NOT know because they practise iniquity (lawlessness). Even in our churches today many need to hear of their need to repent and to be born again, something they cannot do for themselves, and how they so desperately need to meet God on His terms - repentance and faith to be saved from their sins not the false gospel of you can be saved in your sins and live however you like and expect to be in heaven when you die.

Oh! How they need to be warned to repent and flee the love of the world as we are commanded not to love the world nor the things in the world, which would include the world's, the ungodly's music.

Sermon11/8/08 2:42 AM
Rocky Drake from Shanghai  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rocky Drake
(Sermon no longer available)
Lord Willing, I will be building a website exposing sodomite brutality and UN mandated love for abominable, criminal sodomy. My blogs have put together a few exposes on the sodomite abomination: Leviticus 20:13, Revelation 21:8, Romans 1, Deuteronomy 27, Isaiah 3:12, 5:20-23, etc. The Pink Swastika should be studied in all our schools, primary to university, for woe unto our nation should we ignore the warning of James Madison in 1832: “A popular Government, without popular informa-tion, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or perhaps both.”

Sermon7/22/08 8:51 PM
Elizabeth from Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Elizabeth
comments
Excellent sermon. I have only recently come back to using the KJV after many years with the NIV. Our former Pastor jokingly described the other versions as "perversions" but never took the trouble to explain why - perhaps he hadn't been taught himself. Thank you Pastor Brown for such a clear explanation of the truth.

Sermon5/16/08 5:31 PM
Nick from CA  Find all comments by Nick
The Growing Influence of Satan
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
comments
“ Characters do represent ideologies ”
response to "i'm sure the creators of Bugs Bunny had no intention of representing any sort of religion with their character" I haven't listen to this sermon yet, but I do know that about authorial intent and there is strong reason to believe that Bugs Bunny is representative of a religion. Bugs Bunny is based off of the Native American religions' trickster character, the most well known being the coyote, who is a main character of many folk tales, which teach Native American religious "truths." Most of the time creators or authors do have a specific intention in mind, now whether the audience is aware of the specific intention is another story. Storytelling is a powerful tool for learning.

Sermon5/13/08 10:12 PM
Angela Wittman from SW Illinois  Find all comments by Angela Wittman
What We Ought to Do
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Thank you so much... What great teaching on God's judgment! I hope and pray all Christian pro-life activists will listen to this sermon by Pastor Ralph Ovadal.

Sermon5/6/08 5:27 AM
Josh Bizeau from Wyoming  Contact via emailFind all comments by Josh Bizeau
The Growing Influence of Satan
Pastor Ralph Ovadal
comments
“ Keep Grinding That Axe, Sir... ”
Anyone who can actually bring themself to believe Rick Warren is evil or that C.S. Lewis' remarkable allegory (highly Biblical in its ideals regarding good vs. evil and the saving, healing power of Christ's resurrection) is cultish... really needs to get more fresh air than they obviously do. It doesn't even sound like you have ever READ any of The Chronicles of Narnia, Pastor Ovalan; thus, you have no place to remark on what the "magic" Aslan talks about truly represents symbolically. Lewis intended for Aslan's character to be allegorical; I'm sure the creators of Bugs Bunny had no intention of representing any sort of religion with their character; such a comparison is entirely contrived and bogus. Maybe you should actually try reading Lewis' books sometime before you actually pass such baseless judgement upon them. The roadmap of your sermon's premise is correct... how you get to your destination proves that you have nothing more than a dirty old axe to grind. Wise up.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more

1 Peter - Part 29
Dr. Greg Harris
But I Have This Against You

The Book of Revelation
Lake Hills Community Church

Robert Rubino
TG Pt.4 "Intolerant Paul"

Galatians 1:18-24
Fellowship Baptist Church

Lost Generation

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching

Rev David Silversides
The doctrine of the Atonement

Fellowship Meeting
Loughbrickland Reformed

Blog 7/9/14
Summer at the Mission: Where do I start?

New York Gospel Mission
this week we have at the miss­ion a team of young peopl­e...

Secret Obama Edict Supporting Islamism

Shock­ing Secret Obama Dir­ect­ive Supp­ort­ing Global Islam, Islam In the Bible, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/ob..