Reformed Bible Church, Central Virginia | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
MyChurch: hisglory
Reformed Bible Church, Central Virginia
Pastor Paul Michael Raymond  |  Appomattox, Virginia

Sermon8/13/04 11:27 PM
Jeff Roediger from Colorado Springs  Contact via email
Jason, Heaven. Mr. Edwards is with the Lord. That does not, however prevent us from conveying the spirit of his meesage to the lost today. In His Grace Jeff

Sermon7/30/04 1:22 PM
Jim Corney from Cardiff Great Britain  Contact via email
Edward's sermons on Sinners and the excellency of Christ prove him to be a superlative thinker and preacher with the incisive insight of a man supremely gifted with the Holy Spirit. I thank God for giving such a precious gift to the church. Edwards makes us all look like spiritual pigmies, we grovel when he soars. May God give us again this anointed ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ, so that we all come to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,that we be no more children of the 21st century.

Sermon6/18/04 3:05 AM
Colleen Bondeson from Australia  Contact via email
I have never heard a sermon like this.The impact was very sobering.Australian christians have been pamperd by a feel good,God loves you no matter what teaching.We need more men like Edwards in the pulpit to bring revival to our land.Pray for us PLEASE.How urgent is it to pass this message to the lost and christians who need to be reminded of this truth.

Sermon3/24/04 8:24 AM
Bobby from California
This message was amazing! Does anyone know who to get ahold of Jonathan Edwards for speaking engagements?

Sermon3/18/04 8:08 PM
Jason from Grand Rapids, MI  Contact via email
“ Good Job, Edwards! ”
I've never heard a sermon that so vividly expressed the truth!

Sermon3/4/04 12:00 PM
Robert Basham from Marlton, New jersey  Contact via email
“ Tremendous! ”
This speaker has the perfect sounding voice for reading the works of Edwards! Also, the last ten minutes of this great message are just as wonderful as the first ten minutes!

Sermon2/13/04 5:10 PM
Stephen Walker from KY  Contact via email
Every person on planet earth needs this word from God. Because this truth is not preached and published enough today is a major reason many never come to Christ and/or there are many false converts in the church today IMO. I was born again & Spirit filled in 1978. I didn't last long though falling into the discouragement trap and worries of this world and pleasures of this life. I became a terrible drug addict, the facts I will spare you as I am still battling it as I was filled again with the Holy Ghost last August 2003, under the Spirit's power for about 6 hours. I am still being weaned off pain killing drugs as I was addicted to the strongest opiates made for over 20 years. But I have been set free in my heart tremendously, joy unspeakable, peace of mind and heart beyond words. I was given a spiritual revelation of my great sin of leaving my first love (Christ Jesus) for my own way, and was truly in the hands of an angry God. We are in the grace dispensation, thank God, but those refusing it are under great wrath, anger, and cursings(old and new testaments) I have been renewing my mind as much as possible daily through the Bible,studying it and listening to many sermons and teachers of the Word (I won't name who as it will only detract from the real teacher of my soul, the Holy Spirit) plus I do go to a local church. I have a long way to go, but am not where I was and the same God who filled me with His Presence is the same God who will finish this work when I obey Him and love Him with all my might.

Sermon12/19/03 2:43 AM
Robert W. Farner from Frazier Park, Ca.  Contact via email
“ Just Great! ”
I can't say enough. Just like I've been saying to myself lately that it's time to start listening to the preachers of old. Like Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards would probably not be welcomed in to many of these feel good churches today. Bro. Robert

Sermon11/28/03 5:34 PM
Steve Sprague  Contact via email
After studying the NT concept of Propitiation and Reconciliation, one would wonder if the title "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" is a biblical reflection of the true attitude of God towards mankind. Consider studying the OT texts that show God as being ANGRY at humanity in the sense of His attitude towards them. Then do the same study in the NT and see what you find. Thank you, Steve

Sermon11/19/03 10:57 PM
Paul from Covington, LA  Contact via email
This is a very sobering message.

Sermon11/19/03 3:25 PM
Dane Bundy from Costa Mesa  Contact via email
“ How frightening is the truth! ”
Has the church not fallen asleep? How much controversy would this sermon stir in the church today, in the time when His great love is only preached! They mock God. How great is God's mercy,yes ! But How great is God's justice!

Sermon11/11/03 3:01 PM
Jim Ned from TX
I have spent the last five weeks watching the top downloaded sermons for the last 48 hours and this one is always there. I hope that it truly is that popular of a sermon and not just someone clicking to keep at the top. This is a great sermon that everyone should hear but lets keep it that way and not try to deceive people by just clicking.

Sermon9/25/03 7:31 AM
ANN WEST from NORTH CAROLINA  Contact via email
I thought this was one the most thought provoking sermons that I have ever heard. I have sent it to others in hopes that they would get the same overwhelming and magistic view of God. Ann

Sermon6/18/03 1:59 PM
joan mackay  Contact via email
very ediying sermon excellent and christ exalting

Sermon6/8/03 1:03 PM
joan mackay  Contact via email
excells above anything i have heard for a long time

Sermon5/26/03 7:35 AM
New England Native
“ Historical Note ”
It has been reported that Jonathan Edwards first preached "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" at his own church in Northhampton, Massachusetts. Later, he preached the same message at Enfield, Connecticut. Perhaps others have seen the same situation: the same sermon given on different occasions can have a different impact on its hearers. This varying impact is evidence that it is the Holy Spirit that brings spiritual discernment and applies the truth to human hearts (1 Corinthians 2:14; John 16:8). While it is true that God "now commandeth all men every where to repent (Acts 17:30)" and men ought to repent, true conversion and true revivals are God-sent.

Sermon4/7/03 3:44 PM
A Listener from USA
“ Much-Needed Sermon! ”
A sermon that absolutely must be heard by sinner and Christian alike. It is little wonder that a revival followed in the wake of such preaching.

Sermon2/3/03 3:16 AM
James in Taiwan  Contact via email
“ Superb ”
This sermon spells out one fact, God has His pick. We can not deny His sovereignty in choosing one and not another. Edwards handles the Scriptures with the greatest of care. Of all the scholars you may read this man had such a deep relationship with Christ that he almost speaks like you are reading Scripture. Don't miss this sermon.

Sermon10/9/02 7:17 AM
James  from Taiwan  Contact via email
For anyone who has led a sinful life and feels he or she is past pardoning this sermon is for you. Edwards deals with this Psalm magnificently. God will allow the vilest of creatures that truly repent into his heaven. Those that claim to be righteous on their own will not make it. Listen to understand this great theologians understanding of grace to wicked people like us.

Sermon10/9/02 7:11 AM
James  from Taiwan  Contact via email
The mystery of the soul without Christ is not to be taken lightly. Edwards drives the nails into any belief contrary to the Biblical one. God is better at paybacks that anyone in all of creation. God is not mocked. Please listen to this sermon, both for your soul and for those around you.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6