Cana Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Cana Baptist Church
Dr. Charles A. Stewart  |  Fort Worth, Texas

Sermon6/18/06 9:11 AM
G.W.
Four Secrets for Effective Praying
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Amazing sermon! ”
Truly truly amazing! I wish I knew about all these "secrets" earlier. Prayer is never going to feel the same again.

Sermon5/20/06 6:01 PM
Martyn from Ballymena
Destroying the Da Vinci Code
comments
Excellent! Very useful. The sermon refutes the main "factoids" in the Da Vinci Code without getting overly technical. If you know somebody who has been confused or convinced by the "historical facts" of the Da Vinci Code, get him/her to listen to this.

Sermon5/17/06 11:04 AM
Terri from Toronto,Canada  Contact via email
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
I was richly blessed by this sermon.. The way in which you present the word is easy to understand and apply to our christian life. Stay blessed and keep up the good work!

Sermon3/14/06 1:07 PM
Stanley McQueen from Kentucky mountains preacher  Contact via email
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This preacher has done a wonderful job bringing this wonderful message to the church. If this message is digested and active in our lives, our minds will be fixed upon pure and good and holy things so that we might keep our minds and hearts fixed upon God and good things. In my opinion this is an excellent message that has come from the Lord God through the preacher who preached it so well. Bless you, Brother, for being obedient.

Sermon2/18/06 9:01 PM
Tim from Pa.
Is the U.S.A. in Bible Prophecy?
comments
That makes sense about the USA. I've listened to many people speculate on why the USA is not mentioned. You back up your thoughts with scripture and admit that you may not be exactly right.

Sermon2/12/06 1:20 PM
T. Sardina from Washington
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This sermon gives great instruction on discerning the negative, defeating thoughts that are in all of our hearts(minds).

Sermon12/27/05 12:44 AM
Mary from Kent, WA  Contact via email
comments
This is a miracle in itself. A pastor preaching something other than pre-trib. I have been shunned by so many of my brothers and sisters for saying that the pretrib rapture is not biblically sound. It blesses my heart also of the many people that are beginning to read the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to teach them God's Truth. In Deuteronomy 8:3. Moses teaches the Children of Israel that they must live by "every" word that proceeds from the mouth of God. In Matthew 4:4, Jesus tells the same thing to the devil. We must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, that which is told in His Word. I only have one question that still has not been answered by any pretribber to which I have asked this question. Please tell me the Scripture that says that Jesus will come before the great tribulation. As a friend told me, If its not in the Word, its not meant to be heard. Blessings to you Pastor Stewart you will be blessed. Send some of those mighty men of valor to the Northwest. Dr. Stewart comments: Thanks, Mary, for your kind words. Actually, I had the joy of preaching a revival in Hamilton, WA several years ago. I loved both your state and the wonderful people I met there! Blessings all!

Sermon11/22/05 9:34 AM
Linda
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ 2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth ”
I started listening to the sermon--got about 1/4 through it--then turned it off and just read my Bible--the scriptures that were referenced in the message. Might come back and listen more--but what I would recommend people do if they question someone's teaching is to be a Biblical Berean--study the scriptures for themselves-- BTW--I am a pre-tribualtionist/pre-millennialist--a born again Jewish believer in Jesus my personal Saviour and Lord. Also--the Church has not replaced Israel --Israel is still God's "covenant people"--His "earthly" people. The Church is the Bride of Christ, and His "heavenly people". God did not promise an earthly Kingdom to the Church. Dr. Stewart responds: Thanks, Linda, for your comments. I, too, agree that Israel is God's unique, covenant people. I reject Replacement Theology completely. However, the early Church Fathers (and I believe Jesus and Paul) all seem to expect the Bride of Christ to join Israel in the Great Tribulation. I challenge you to read Mat. 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Following Jesus' chronology, the Rapture and ingathering of Believers definitely follows the Great Tribulation. The more we get back to the clear meaning of the words of the New Testament, the more compelling is the Post-Trib position.

Sermon10/24/05 2:35 PM
Jay
Why Allah Cannot be the God of the Bible
comments
Pretty informative message about the differences between Christianity and the Islamic religion. It's real easy for those who do not study the bible, to get the two beliefs mixed up, and become confused. But Dr. Stewart puts it straight, and points out the contrast between the two. Great word in this clip. God bless you, and future listeners.

Sermon10/3/05 8:55 PM
Amy and Lito Pingol from China  Contact via email
Four Secrets for Effective Praying
comments
It was a good sermon. The points were very enligthen and practical to apply for our daily communion with our Father to get the best result in our prayer. Sometimes we have neglected these very important aspects of prayer and end up into frustration...but thanks for the four secrets that had been revealed to us.

Sermon9/19/05 9:20 AM
Tracie Hall from North Carolina
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Agreement with George Luechauer ”
I agree wholeheartedly with George...I have learned however, that it is best not to argue this point. True christians should be more concerned with abiding in Christ Jesus at this time so that we are producing much fruit and showing Christ to a lost world and an increasingly growing apostate church who is showing the world more and more that the true gospel is not the answer. By living the gospel, Christ will convince other of the truth through us; not through useless debating. It's time we start loving one another. Christ's coming is indeed soon!

Sermon9/16/05 11:34 AM
George Luechauer from Virginia  Contact via email
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Interesting, but...! ”
This is what happens when one abandons “rightly dividing the word of truth,” in this case failing to understand the dispensational differences between God’s plan for Israel and His plan for the church. The events described in 1 Thess. 4 and 1 Cor. 15 are vastly different from Matthew 24. Why—Jesus was not teaching the rapture, he was addressing the nation of Israel. In Luke 4 Jesus already taught the Jews that God was going to temporarily set aside the nation of Israel and work through a predominately gentile church until it was time to restore Israel and establish the promised earthly Kingdom. Matthew 24 describes how that will happen. Jesus sent Paul to explain the “mystery” of the Church Age including the rapture. Dr. Stewart responds: Thanks, George, for listening to the message. You have done an excellent job of restating the standard reaction of dispensationalism to the post-tribulation rapture position. I recently read the excellent doctoral dissertation by Professor William Bell in which he compared Matthew 24 and 1 Thess. 4:13-5:11. I was amazed to see Dr. Bell demonstrate that Paul in the "Rapture Passage" actually followed Jesus' chronology of events and subject matter given in Matthew 24! If Dr. Bell is correct, well, I think you can see the implications.

Sermon8/29/05 5:28 AM
Bernard D Kimmel from Lansing, Michigan  Contact via email
comments
When I first became a believer my heart was inclined to a midtrib salvation.I was introduced to a website www.tip.org that has been the explanation I seeked for understanding. Thank you Dr. Stewart for having the courage to preach against the accepted flow of the organized church. With all of the actions taken across the world against believers I fail to understand how any preacher can justify preaching of a pretrib rapture. A pretrib rapture message is a clear slap in the face to our brothers and sisters who have been and are suffering for the cause of Christ.But they would never say so because (I believe) that message is part of the martyrdom they suffer. May GOD continue to give them strength and the courage to face the trials that the rest of us have (so far) escaped.May HE also prepare our hearts for the time we will.

Sermon8/19/05 10:35 PM
Timothy from Canberra, Australia
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Halleluja ”
Good to hear Dr Stewart prepared to preach this message. I came to the Lord 7 years ago so much of the teaching I hear is from a pre trib rapture perspective. As entertaining as this "left behind" view is I have allready come to the conclusion that pre trib rapture is a cop out teaching. Surely anyone who is eager to understand our God and His ways will know that trials and tribulations are part of the Christian walk. You can analyse the texts and the meanings and study it til your blue in the face but I believe God will impart understanding to your spirit on this issue. Why for 2 thousand years faithfull saints of God have suffered at the hands of men, why now in this generation of Christianity are we to be delivered from trial. God is into the salvation of souls and this tribulation period offers perhaps the greatest opportunity for evangelization that the world will ever know. I expect to be there right up until the "day of wrath". This day we will not endure as God has not appointed us to wrath. Amen to this message, may there be more.

Sermon8/19/05 10:45 AM
dean from oklahoma city
comments
thank you, Dr. Stewart. I have been pre-trib taught all my church life(34years). Only after I genuinely accepted Christ's finished work by the Grace of God have I truly read the Bible with the help of the Holy Spirit to illumuine God's word. I also have come to the conclusion that all of the twisted explanations and complicated timelines are totally and completely uncalled for if one reads the Scripture without one's pre-trib lenses on. I am still a Baptist for the missions focus but I find it difficult to bite my tongue when 99% plus of my Sunday School members will not even take a cursory look with an open mind at what the Word of God truly says comcerning the Second Coming of Christ. It never ceases to amaze me why people are so afraid of what the Bible clearly shows instead of what Tim Lahaye and the like sell. I just do not understand the division of the Body of Christ that is so clearly anti-biblical. This point alone made me doubt the Darbyism in the chruch. That led me to look at the second coming and I clearly see only 1 return with 1 judgement with the unredeemed being the first to be judged(Matt. 13). It would seem to me that to let the Scriptures speak to the subject versus the charts of man. I am so thankful for Christ and hate to see such division of Him.

Sermon8/15/05 6:30 PM
Tim from Maine
comments
Thank you Dr. Stewart for addressing this topic. (Especially from this viewpoint, it is rare!) My Pastor and I often talk quietly about this topic... both feeling the tribulation will probably be mid or post trib. But most do not feel this way. I am very much looking forward to hearing what your study of the scriptures has revealed to you! Thanks again... and God Bless!

Sermon8/13/05 9:22 AM
Sam from Florida
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ The Olive Tree is Christ! ”
Sam comments: The speaker says that one of the big factors that leads dispensationalists to believe in a pre-trib rapture is that they separate Israel from the church...he then goes on to say that...we, the church, are grafted into the tree, which is Abraham, or Israel. Sir, please re-read the chapter. It never says we are grafted into Israel... I'm sorry, but I don't want to be grafted into Israel, I want to be grafted into CHRIST... Dr. Stewart responds: The Olive tree is an OT symbol for Abraham and his offspring. Jesus is the Vine. Regarding Romans 11, John MacArthur writes, "Root-the Partiarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...the Olive Tree-the place of divine blessing; God's covenant of salvation made with Abraham." (his Study Bible). Note that he did not say "Christ is the Olive or Christ is the root." F.F. Bruce: "The olive is Israel, the people of God" (Tyndale N.T.Commentary). Robert Haldane: "The Jewish nation was God's olive tree...whose root Abraham was..." (Commentary). Sandy & Headlam: "The root or stock = the Patriarchs for whose faith originally Israel was chosen" (ICC). John Murry: "Gentiles are reminded that they draw all the grace they enjoy from the tree whose root is Israel's patriarchs" (NIC). I hope you'll listen to rest of this message sometime, Sam.

Sermon8/12/05 8:55 PM
Darrell Hurley from NC  Contact via email
comments
I was once a Pre-tribber until a mentor of mine showed me some books and told me to research it for myself. I did and am now convinced that the rapture will be "Prewrath" instead of the other views. Check out Marvin Rosenthal's Book, " The Prewrath Rapture of the Church," or Robert Van Kampen's books on the rapture. Dr. Stewart adds: Thanks, Darrell, for being open to a different perspective on the rapture. The excellent book by Robert Van Kampen is entitled, "The Sign" (Crossway Books). Don't forget Robert Gundry's scholarly book on the posttribulation rapture, "The Church and the Tribulation" (Zondervan). Many Dallas Theological Seminary students, I have been told, have found Dr. Gundry's book particular convincing. By the way, Marvin Rosenthal's book is published by Thomas Nelson. All three books are available in paperback now and can be purchased at Amazon.com or from your favorite online bookseller. Pre-tribbers would do especially well to have Gundry's book in their personal library. No one should ever fear discovering the Truth of God's Word, whatever that Truth might pertain to. I am delighted that finally scholars and Bible students are discussing all three of the rapture positions, not just the Pre-Trib position.

Sermon8/12/05 3:57 PM
William Conley from Baltimore, MD  Contact via email
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ ???????????? ”
We are told to live for Christ every day. If we do that we don't have to worry when the rapture takes place. So what if we have to go through it. Didn't Christ promise to take care of us. I sincerely believe that he will be with us through anything that the devil will put us through. Noah went through the flood with no problems, Lot and his family were pulled out of Sodom & Gomorrah and we will be protected through the tribulation if we are still here.

Sermon8/12/05 3:00 PM
faarke from Belgium  Contact via email
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Bro. Carter ”
Bro. Carter. We christians are not justified by the law, but by the faith in Jesus Christ. If we really love Jesus christ and want ( will is extremely important) to follow Him, we will leave this world and it's desires behind us. If we are truly followers of Him, we CAN'T put ourselves to such a choice. If we love Him, we cannot take a sabbatical. Communion with Him makes us to turn from our wicked ways. Ps: what if something happened to you before the rapture ?

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Scott T. Brown
On The Highway of Holiness

Isaiah
Hope Baptist Church

Dr. James M. Phillips
Creation Vs Evolution #26

Creation From Hebrew Text
Discover The Word With Dr...

Vincent Wall