Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

THURSDAY
MAR 26, 2015

MyChurch: cbcfargo
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
Doug VanderMeulen  |  Fargo, North Dakota

Sermon9/7/11 3:50 AM
Antoinette Terblanche from SOUTH AFRICA CHRIST BAPTIST  Contact via emailFind all comments by Antoinette Terblanche
WHAT A TREMENDOUS BLESSING TO GOD HAS ARRANGED THROUGH YOU AND YOUR CHURCH. THE TEACHING ON HABAKKUK! WILL LISTEN TO OTHER SERIES, WHILE PUTTING PINE LABELS ETC ON CHRIST BAPTIST SEMINARY LIBRARY POLOKWANE

Sermon8/7/11 8:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Basic Truths of Faith Revealed ”
Pastor Doug reviews the basic truths of the Lord's Supper as taught to all believers in the Heidelberg Catechism. One point he noted was that Paul says that "MANY..." are sick or asleep because they are coming to the Lord's Supper wrongly. Does one have a proper sense of himself or herself as a sinner? Does one have a real trust in the covering forgiveness of Christ? As usual, Pastor Doug puts the purposes of Christian beliefs and practices into perspective. If you are a churchgoer, please take 34 minutes to listen to this solid teaching.

Sermon7/8/11 7:11 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
Two Ways - Two Views - Psalm 2
Doug VanderMeulen
“ A Passionate, Hopeful Sermon for a Sinful World ”
I have been listening to Pastor Doug's sermons for years, and this sermon must rank among the most passionate and profound that I have heard (this in no way should be taken to imply that other sermons are not profound). You see, I have been anguished about the passage into law in New York State of the legalization of homosexual marriage. In this preaching of Psalm 2, Pastor Doug explains that the Psalm reveals that there are two worldviews: those who love God and embrace His sovereign Lordship and those who reject Him. I couldn't do justice to the sermon by reiterating the many points made that expanded on this theme of two worldviews, but I can say that I have found consolation in this sermon. I am consoled that even though I am a sinner through and through I am walking on a path of blessedness desiring to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whereas, as Doug frequently communicates, the world LOVES THE DARKNESS. This is a deep reality that is under our sovereign God who is both severe and merciful. If any reader of this comment is undecided about whether to take the time to listen to this sermon, I seriously recommend that you make the time, take notes, and receive the powerful truths that are expressed.

Sermon7/4/11 4:16 AM
BWS  Find all comments by BWS
Christ In The Psalms - Luke 24:36-49
Rev. G. I. Williamson
“ Importantance of Psalm-Singing, Part II! ”
Should be entitled, "Singing Psalms, Hymns, Songs--Part II". This absolutely refutes the idea that singing Psalms (as some have argued) "does not include singing about Jesus", and proves that view absolutely heretical by Jesus' own teaching. To the contrary, the Psalms magnify the true Christ, "who loved righteousness and hated iniquity" and "therefore was exalted" (Heb. 1:9) as a Prince and a Savior, and his necessary sufferings. This sermon stands against the heretical and sentimental hymn-writer Isaac Watts, who condemned the Psalms (especially impreccatory), as "contrary to the spirit of the Gospel", blasphemously! To the contrary, singing Psalms balances God's divine attributes perfectly (due to inspiration), and defines them rightly, i.e. both Justice and Mercy, which sentimental modern hymns absolutely abuse and destroy for a Universalist, Arminian "love" and self-exalting praise, which knows nothing of the Justice of God, without which there is no true Mercy. Neither is the Hatred of God toward impenitent "workers of iniquity", idols, particular sins, consistent with the Law of God, made to shine as in Psalms which Jesus and the Gospel vindicate, as "just, holy, and good" (Romans 7), but which modern hymns hold in contempt.

Sermon6/17/11 12:41 PM
lasandra from Illinois  Find all comments by lasandra
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
I am in time in my life that I have been struggling w/a physical affliction. I have been fighting God in mu mind back and forth, but yesterday I told him, "I give up....if this pleases you, it pleases me." I felt so much peace at that point and last night PROVIDENTIALLY I someone emailed me Jerry Bridges book, Trusting God even when it hurts. I began listening to these sermons and they are just what I need!

Sermon5/17/11 4:23 PM
BWS  Find all comments by BWS
comments
“ Relevant and Convincing Message! ”
Draw around, especially all you churches who claim to be "reformed" and proclaim the "sovereignty of God" while rejecting his sovereignty over what to "speak to one another" through singing in church! Did the Lord Jesus not give strict commandments for worship in his churches through his apostles? Did he really intend us to sing Watts (who condemned the Psalms), Wesley (who was heterodox) or sentimental Fanny Crosby, or contemporary "Christian artists", even Rappers, as "psalms, hymns or songs" as if they are "spiritual (God-breathed)"? This scripture text, as the respected Mr. Williamson proves, refutes will-worship in what is sung, and shows the "means of grace" being missed! This is practiced by Presbyterians in Scotland to this day, as it once was by Spurgeon. Come modern Baptists, and hear the same position as John Gill! What a breath of gentle, refreshing air, a soft breeze that so easily blows away the clouds of worship confusion through this neglected or abused text, that few are willing to obey, because it's contrary to their conservative "traditions" or contemporary man-pleasing.

Sermon5/15/11 12:58 AM
Marqui Bacon from Saint Louis  Find all comments by Marqui Bacon
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Very timely! I enjoyed this one very much.

Sermon1/8/11 8:50 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ The Righteousness That Christ Alone Can Give ”
This wonderful sermon about Noah tells us that if we have faith then our faith will manifest in action, just as Noah's did. And...when our faith manifests in action, it will automatically be condemning of those who do not have the faith. Yes, we may tell the truth in love to others, but the reality of the wrath of God is an inescapeable reality.

Sermon12/25/10 3:04 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Pastor Doug has presented an inspiring message about living the "life of faith." For me, it was most timely because I had heard a sermon this past week that was supposed to be "in the Christmas season mode." The preacher told us his father was a great high school athlete, and became a great aide-de-camp to Eisenhower. In fact, in hearing the "Christmas message" I learned that his father was "the greatest man he had ever met." Since hearing that sermon, I have been talking with my wife about narcissism and how it is spreading like an epidemic, growing exponentially. (I hope I wasn't too tiresome in repeating the dangers of narcissism to her.) In this sermon, I was surprised to find that Pastor Doug also takes a couple of good shots at narcissism, and how the letter "i" is at the center of s-i-n. He reveals with vibrant clarity that we must be converted, and we must live a life to faith, measured by our willingness to please others (we can still please ourselves sometimes). As we contemplate the extent to which we are living this way, we may see that we are failing, and then we shall definitely "try harder." Yet, interestingly, he shows us through Holy Scripture that even if we see we are living the life of faith, we still must try harder. Thank you for these wonderful truths.

Sermon9/24/10 1:05 PM
PuritanDownloads.com from Edmonton, Alberta  Protected NameFind all comments by PuritanDownloads.com
“ Much Useful Information On Family Worship! ”
Many more free resources on family worship are online at http://www.swrb.com/newslett/freebook/family.htm

Sermon8/6/10 10:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be On The Alert - Mark 13
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Take Heed! Behold! ”
Pastor Doug preaches Mark 13 with tremendous clarity and zeal for the Lord. We are reminded that the prophetic end times message is a wake up call to live in Christ so that we are ready when he comes. I don't think that anyone listening to this sermon will have any doubt that, indeed, Jesus will come again. I just returned with my family from America's Keswick, a wonderful Christ-centered retreat in Whiting, NJ and was blessed to hear 9 sermons during the course of the week. Believe it or not, when I returned home today, I still was hungry for the Word, and tuned into this sermon as number 10. It's been a great week from 1 to 10!

Sermon7/20/10 11:28 PM
Mike Jeshurun from India  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mike Jeshurun
comments
“ Must Hear Sermon! ”
A wonderful sermon on the importance of Doctrine in the life of the Christian. Many in our day seemed to be scared of the very word ‘doctrine’ and want nothing to do with it. Pastor Doug VanderMeulen wonderfully sets forth the fact how Doctrine is not something to be feared and avoided but loved and studied. Doctrine is not as some suppose, something that causes DIVISION, but rather something that UNITES. A very thorough study on what Biblical doctrine is all about and the practical importance and implications of it. A sermon rich in the Word and Spirit. I would recommend this message to many of my own friends who claim to be saved but want to have nothing to do with doctrine. It is truly a ‘must hear sermon’!

Sermon6/28/10 8:14 AM
comments
“ Great difference. ”
In order to give us new life and make us faithful servants, God must crush our old life. This mentality is opposed ton the philosophy of this age which affirms the self.

Sermon6/20/10 9:20 AM
Clay Bryan from West Monroe La.  Find all comments by Clay Bryan
Now I am looking forward to hearing more sermons from Pastor Doug.

Sermon5/26/10 3:30 PM
would like to leave unknown from California  Contact via emailFind all comments by would like to leave unknown
Biblical Womanhood
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
I listened to this sermon today and as a christian married woman who has be served a petition of divorce from my christian spouse (who is a minister of the gospel) I can truely say that I appreciate this one and the Godly way it was delivered. We have young children and 2 of them are young girls. I pray God helps me to teach this to them and my son as best I can since living it out in there presence is currently under attack by the evil one. Much of this is exactly what I was taught by my mother as a child but it is good for women to be reminded of this regularly as it is so easy to stray from the duties God has called us to, especially when we are in the workforce and see our incomes as a way of being a helper to our husbands, in which I am starting to beleive it is actually a hinderance as opposed to a means of helping. My mother lived these principles out in front of me before my father and step-father's passing and from what I can see, it was a challenge at times but certainly doable and in a graceful way. May God continue to bless you and your family in the ministry.

Sermon2/14/10 9:04 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Biblical Womanhood
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Family Life As Depicted in Holy Scripture ”
Yesterday, I sat down to listen to this sermon for the third time. I invited my wife to listen with me, and she agreed. Pastor Doug surveys 14 items that apply to marriage -- all 14 to men, and 7 of them to women. The good thing about the sermon is that it is not, as Pastor Doug notes in the sermon, a series of tips about how to have a better marriage. Rather, husbands and wives have a set of responsibilities to carry out, commanded by Almighty God. We may carry out those responsibilities well or we may carry them out poorly. I had been dealing with some heart issues, and this sermon gave me some important ideas to pray through, and I continue to pray. My wife didn't say much after the sermon was finished. However, today she suggested that we go away together for a day, and that her sister come over and stay with our daughter. It seemed to me like a good idea. I believe there is a strong link between listening to the sermon and her suggestion. However, I am not recommending this sermon for its therapeutic value, but because I believe it to be true.

Sermon1/31/10 7:59 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Marks Of A Godly Man
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Do You Want to be a Better Christian Husband? ”
Today is the third time I have listened to this sermon. It is a meaty sermon, and is delivered with enthusiasm and vivacity. Pastor Doug reviews our need to serve, make our wives more lovely, take responsibility for our wives' sins, and to water her with the Word. He also stresses that we should be mature Christians who know why we exist, that we are image bearers of Christ, and men who love the Lord with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind. The above would have been sufficient to inform and inspire us, but he goes on to preach on five behaviors that will be signs of godliness in a husband. However, Pastor Doug emphasizes that he is not presenting a formula, but a series of points that can only be implemented through sanctifying grace, and that grace will enable us to love our wives as we should even when they are not "lovely."

Sermon1/21/10 4:32 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ His ways are not our ways ”
I was feeling a bit sorry for myself this afternoon. I have been enjoying the victory of Scott Brown in Massachusetts; yet experienced a sadness in the midst of my gloating. Who is Scott Brown? Is he the Messiah of the Republicans? Of course not. There's only ONE Messiah. All the rest is hype. I know that. What was bothering me? So I tuned in and listened to this sermon. And what did I learn? God's ways are not our ways. What are my ways? I want to be right. I want the people I support to be in power. Yet, here I am cheering Mr. Brown who, while sharing my view on healthcare "reform" is pro-choice, a position far from the one advanced in Holy Scripture. So, by rejoicing in a "winner" am I really advancing the cause of Christ? He's for a two state solution in the Middle East. Is that really God's plan for Israel in its dealings with terrorist Hamas and Fatah? Unlikely. I do know that God's way is different from Scott Brown's way -- thus, I had better not rejoice too much in his win. After listening to this sermon I was reminded that it's better for me to be an older, anonymous man walking with Jesus than a famous new Senator, better for me to be watching for every sign of presumptuous sins, and trembling lest I stray from the straight path than to be partying in self-adoration.

Sermon11/16/09 3:17 PM
Jeff Ludwig, from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig,
comments
Last Sunday I had attended a service where the pastor used the same verses in Romans to beat up on the Jews. The Lord cut them off. They are rejected "natural" branches. Then: they were justifiably murdered for their unbelief in 70 AD by the Romans, and six million were killed in the Holocaust! What could they expect? His exegesis of Romans was on Jewish guilt and Jewish punishment. It seemed to me he was intent on justifying various barbaric massacres of the Jews. So, I returned home, and after a restless nap where I attempted to escape from the disturbance of the sermon, I listened to Pastor Doug's sermon on the same passages. What did I find? I found great hope! I found vision of a vast, transcendent God! I found overflowing gratitude for a God who not only used Jewish unbelief to bring many, many nations to salvation, but who promises incredibly to raise the Jews again from the dry bones of unbelief to a redemptive faith in Jesus Christ! In short, Pastor Doug's sermon is a 42 minute song of praise to our Lord and Savior, one that gives glory to His Holy Name.

Sermon10/7/09 1:06 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ The Peace That Comes From Knowing Christ ”
I listened to this sermon about ten days ago. To say, that Jesus is lifted up by Pastor Doug is to understate the case. Last night, as I struggled with my bronchitis which has persisted for almost three weeks, I awoke in a sweat at 3:00 a.m. My mind turned immediately to Jesus Christ as I contemplated His Sonship and His Glory. He is my high priest, not a Levitical priest who sacrificed animals, but a priest who came to offer Himself as a propitiation for my sins. He is my prophet, who revealed that He will someday come again in glory. And he is my King who breathes strength and hope into my life everyday (I love Psalm 24). Pastor Doug leads us again to the wonderful Scripture where the Old Testament gives partial pictures of Christ. The Gospels which portray the sinless life of Christ, and the Epistles that amplify our understanding of the one who came in glory to be our God. Blessings, Jeff

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Christonomy
Fellowship Baptist Church

Pastor Ralph Ovadal
The Truth about Homosexuality

Heart of the Matter Program
Pilgrims Covenant Church

Sermon: What Must I Do To Be Saved?
O. Elvin Wheelis