Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

Select Podcast Format | Help
HTML Embed | Demo
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
Doug VanderMeulen  |  Fargo, North Dakota

Sermon12/25/10 3:04 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Pastor Doug has presented an inspiring message about living the "life of faith." For me, it was most timely because I had heard a sermon this past week that was supposed to be "in the Christmas season mode." The preacher told us his father was a great high school athlete, and became a great aide-de-camp to Eisenhower. In fact, in hearing the "Christmas message" I learned that his father was "the greatest man he had ever met." Since hearing that sermon, I have been talking with my wife about narcissism and how it is spreading like an epidemic, growing exponentially. (I hope I wasn't too tiresome in repeating the dangers of narcissism to her.) In this sermon, I was surprised to find that Pastor Doug also takes a couple of good shots at narcissism, and how the letter "i" is at the center of s-i-n. He reveals with vibrant clarity that we must be converted, and we must live a life to faith, measured by our willingness to please others (we can still please ourselves sometimes). As we contemplate the extent to which we are living this way, we may see that we are failing, and then we shall definitely "try harder." Yet, interestingly, he shows us through Holy Scripture that even if we see we are living the life of faith, we still must try harder. Thank you for these wonderful truths.

Sermon9/24/10 1:05 PM
PuritanDownloads.com from Edmonton, Alberta  Protected NameFind all comments by PuritanDownloads.com
“ Much Useful Information On Family Worship! ”
Many more free resources on family worship are online at http://www.swrb.com/newslett/freebook/family.htm

Sermon8/6/10 10:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be On The Alert - Mark 13
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Take Heed! Behold! ”
Pastor Doug preaches Mark 13 with tremendous clarity and zeal for the Lord. We are reminded that the prophetic end times message is a wake up call to live in Christ so that we are ready when he comes. I don't think that anyone listening to this sermon will have any doubt that, indeed, Jesus will come again. I just returned with my family from America's Keswick, a wonderful Christ-centered retreat in Whiting, NJ and was blessed to hear 9 sermons during the course of the week. Believe it or not, when I returned home today, I still was hungry for the Word, and tuned into this sermon as number 10. It's been a great week from 1 to 10!

Sermon7/20/10 11:28 PM
Mike Jeshurun from India  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mike Jeshurun
comments
“ Must Hear Sermon! ”
A wonderful sermon on the importance of Doctrine in the life of the Christian. Many in our day seemed to be scared of the very word ‘doctrine’ and want nothing to do with it. Pastor Doug VanderMeulen wonderfully sets forth the fact how Doctrine is not something to be feared and avoided but loved and studied. Doctrine is not as some suppose, something that causes DIVISION, but rather something that UNITES. A very thorough study on what Biblical doctrine is all about and the practical importance and implications of it. A sermon rich in the Word and Spirit. I would recommend this message to many of my own friends who claim to be saved but want to have nothing to do with doctrine. It is truly a ‘must hear sermon’!

Sermon6/28/10 8:14 AM
comments
“ Great difference. ”
In order to give us new life and make us faithful servants, God must crush our old life. This mentality is opposed ton the philosophy of this age which affirms the self.

Sermon6/20/10 9:20 AM
Clay Bryan from West Monroe La.  Find all comments by Clay Bryan
Now I am looking forward to hearing more sermons from Pastor Doug.

Sermon5/26/10 3:30 PM
would like to leave unknown from California  Contact via emailFind all comments by would like to leave unknown
Biblical Womanhood
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
I listened to this sermon today and as a christian married woman who has be served a petition of divorce from my christian spouse (who is a minister of the gospel) I can truely say that I appreciate this one and the Godly way it was delivered. We have young children and 2 of them are young girls. I pray God helps me to teach this to them and my son as best I can since living it out in there presence is currently under attack by the evil one. Much of this is exactly what I was taught by my mother as a child but it is good for women to be reminded of this regularly as it is so easy to stray from the duties God has called us to, especially when we are in the workforce and see our incomes as a way of being a helper to our husbands, in which I am starting to beleive it is actually a hinderance as opposed to a means of helping. My mother lived these principles out in front of me before my father and step-father's passing and from what I can see, it was a challenge at times but certainly doable and in a graceful way. May God continue to bless you and your family in the ministry.

Sermon2/14/10 9:04 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Biblical Womanhood
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Family Life As Depicted in Holy Scripture ”
Yesterday, I sat down to listen to this sermon for the third time. I invited my wife to listen with me, and she agreed. Pastor Doug surveys 14 items that apply to marriage -- all 14 to men, and 7 of them to women. The good thing about the sermon is that it is not, as Pastor Doug notes in the sermon, a series of tips about how to have a better marriage. Rather, husbands and wives have a set of responsibilities to carry out, commanded by Almighty God. We may carry out those responsibilities well or we may carry them out poorly. I had been dealing with some heart issues, and this sermon gave me some important ideas to pray through, and I continue to pray. My wife didn't say much after the sermon was finished. However, today she suggested that we go away together for a day, and that her sister come over and stay with our daughter. It seemed to me like a good idea. I believe there is a strong link between listening to the sermon and her suggestion. However, I am not recommending this sermon for its therapeutic value, but because I believe it to be true.

Sermon1/31/10 7:59 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Marks Of A Godly Man
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Do You Want to be a Better Christian Husband? ”
Today is the third time I have listened to this sermon. It is a meaty sermon, and is delivered with enthusiasm and vivacity. Pastor Doug reviews our need to serve, make our wives more lovely, take responsibility for our wives' sins, and to water her with the Word. He also stresses that we should be mature Christians who know why we exist, that we are image bearers of Christ, and men who love the Lord with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind. The above would have been sufficient to inform and inspire us, but he goes on to preach on five behaviors that will be signs of godliness in a husband. However, Pastor Doug emphasizes that he is not presenting a formula, but a series of points that can only be implemented through sanctifying grace, and that grace will enable us to love our wives as we should even when they are not "lovely."

Sermon1/21/10 4:32 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ His ways are not our ways ”
I was feeling a bit sorry for myself this afternoon. I have been enjoying the victory of Scott Brown in Massachusetts; yet experienced a sadness in the midst of my gloating. Who is Scott Brown? Is he the Messiah of the Republicans? Of course not. There's only ONE Messiah. All the rest is hype. I know that. What was bothering me? So I tuned in and listened to this sermon. And what did I learn? God's ways are not our ways. What are my ways? I want to be right. I want the people I support to be in power. Yet, here I am cheering Mr. Brown who, while sharing my view on healthcare "reform" is pro-choice, a position far from the one advanced in Holy Scripture. So, by rejoicing in a "winner" am I really advancing the cause of Christ? He's for a two state solution in the Middle East. Is that really God's plan for Israel in its dealings with terrorist Hamas and Fatah? Unlikely. I do know that God's way is different from Scott Brown's way -- thus, I had better not rejoice too much in his win. After listening to this sermon I was reminded that it's better for me to be an older, anonymous man walking with Jesus than a famous new Senator, better for me to be watching for every sign of presumptuous sins, and trembling lest I stray from the straight path than to be partying in self-adoration.

Sermon11/16/09 3:17 PM
Jeff Ludwig, from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig,
comments
Last Sunday I had attended a service where the pastor used the same verses in Romans to beat up on the Jews. The Lord cut them off. They are rejected "natural" branches. Then: they were justifiably murdered for their unbelief in 70 AD by the Romans, and six million were killed in the Holocaust! What could they expect? His exegesis of Romans was on Jewish guilt and Jewish punishment. It seemed to me he was intent on justifying various barbaric massacres of the Jews. So, I returned home, and after a restless nap where I attempted to escape from the disturbance of the sermon, I listened to Pastor Doug's sermon on the same passages. What did I find? I found great hope! I found vision of a vast, transcendent God! I found overflowing gratitude for a God who not only used Jewish unbelief to bring many, many nations to salvation, but who promises incredibly to raise the Jews again from the dry bones of unbelief to a redemptive faith in Jesus Christ! In short, Pastor Doug's sermon is a 42 minute song of praise to our Lord and Savior, one that gives glory to His Holy Name.

Sermon10/7/09 1:06 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ The Peace That Comes From Knowing Christ ”
I listened to this sermon about ten days ago. To say, that Jesus is lifted up by Pastor Doug is to understate the case. Last night, as I struggled with my bronchitis which has persisted for almost three weeks, I awoke in a sweat at 3:00 a.m. My mind turned immediately to Jesus Christ as I contemplated His Sonship and His Glory. He is my high priest, not a Levitical priest who sacrificed animals, but a priest who came to offer Himself as a propitiation for my sins. He is my prophet, who revealed that He will someday come again in glory. And he is my King who breathes strength and hope into my life everyday (I love Psalm 24). Pastor Doug leads us again to the wonderful Scripture where the Old Testament gives partial pictures of Christ. The Gospels which portray the sinless life of Christ, and the Epistles that amplify our understanding of the one who came in glory to be our God. Blessings, Jeff

Sermon9/20/09 5:32 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ The compassion and power of Christ are lifted up ”
This sermon is incredibly sensitive to the compassion and power of Christ. Too often, especially among liberals, the parable of the Good Samaritan is offered as the optimal expression of Christ's forgiveness and compassion. Yet, Pastor Doug takes the episode of calming the storm to reveal not only Jesus' power, but to expose our fear in our relationship with Him, as well as His incredible compassion towards sinful humanity whom He has saved. Everyone should listen to this sermon and HANG ON EVERY WORD. I'm burning copies, and will distribute them.

Sermon9/20/09 5:22 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ So Sensitive to the Compassion and Power of Christ ”
I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, and began taking medication. Today, I felt too weak to attend church (it's a long subway ride from Brooklyn into Manhattan). As I so often do, even when it's not Sunday, I went to Pastor Doug's sermon list, and chose this sermon. Dear friends, this sermon is about the power of the human Jesus and His compassion. Too often, in many peoples' minds (especially the liberals) the image of the compassionate Jesus focuses on the parable of the Good Samaritan. However, Pastor Doug uses this episode of Jesus calming the storm to reveal the humanity, compassion, and power of Christ. The Lord is lifted up, and the nature of our fear when we are in His presence is exposed. He is still our Prophet and King; yet, He is also with us closer than a brother. I cannot recap here the many details of this sermon that reveal Christ's love, and the difficulties we experience accepting His love. Let me just say, I'm going to burn copies of this sermon, and urge everyone who is reading these words to hang on every word. Yes, brothers and sisters, Christ is lifted up in a profound way in this sermon, and no one can listen to this sermon without having a more intimate walk with the Christ.

Sermon8/5/09 8:59 PM
Cindy Toolsie from Toronto, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cindy Toolsie
comments
This sermon is so true of my life, I felt so crushed, this loneliness has become a real part of my life, my endurance is strengthened after listening, that's why I cling to my SAVIOUR throught the great Pastors of sermonaudio, thanks to all for the encouraging WORD of The LORD, it's this very kind of preaching that keeps me hanging on. Praise GOD. Thank you.

Sermon7/23/09 4:14 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
When Christians Disagree - Romans 14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Sermon Comment - Part II ”
(this is a continuation of a list of circumstantial questions that I had to deal with over the years where I had to determine my beliefs regarding the extent to which particular behaviors were merely a matter of one's individual "comfort zone," and which constituted a departure from sound doctrine: 7.Is it Biblical to go with one's co-workers to a bar after work on Friday afternoons even if one orders a Pepsi or a tomato juice every time? 8.How much can one joke around? 9.Should one's daughter be allowed to show bare midriff? wear shorts? how short? 10.Should one attend a church with a woman pastor? 11.Should one even attend a charismatic service? Should one preach at a charismatic service if invited?(There would be many there who like the teachings of Benny Hinn, Frederick Price, or the Copelands.) 12. Should I attend a Roman Catholic confirmation service of my niece? These are twelve of many issues I faced during my 22 years as a born again Christian who now is a Calvinist. I hope this list adds to the reality of the concerns expressed in Pastor Doug's sermon, and are blessed to know that the Lord God Almighty is with us as we wrestle our way through these and other issues.

Sermon7/23/09 3:59 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
When Christians Disagree - Romans 14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ To Fight or Not To Fight? ”
This is a deep, thought-provoking sermon about when to "fight" against certain practices as being un-Biblical, and when to accept those practices that are not our own though practiced by another professing Christian. Pastor Doug tells us that we need to seek a balance. Sometimes we need to oppose certain practices because accepting those practices would do a disservice to sound doctrine. Other times, the difference in practice simply amounts to respect of different individuals within the Christian faith-walk. It's a great topic, and one that came up more often for me during the first five to ten years after I was born again. 1.Can a Christian even touch alcoholic beverages? 2.Should I as a born again Jew worship the Lord on Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday? 3.Is it legitimate to listen to all different types of music? 4.Is a Jewish believer obligated to keep the rules of kosher eating? 5.To what extent can one rise in business or the corporate ladder and still retain one's integrity? 6.Is it Biblical for a Christian woman to wear a bikini to a pool party? Is it Biblical for my Christian friend to take a non-Christian woman friend to a pool party where she wore a bikini? (To be continued in a second comment....)

Sermon4/16/09 6:28 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
AMEN...! Thank you for this wonderful, timely message! People really need to hear this one!

Sermon2/20/09 10:35 PM
Jeff Ludwig, from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig,
“ A Needed Antidote to Fear ”
This is a wonderful, heartening sermon on the accountability of those in authority. Pastor Doug reminds us that all our Presidents will be buried. They will be judged by Almighty God just as all souls who have any authority ... teachers, parents, employers, etc. He ends the sermon passionately directing our hearts and minds to think about our certain, unchanging, secure, and abounding God. Suddenly a vision of the fixedness of God, of His strength, stability, and reliability encourages us. If we are apprehensive of any political leaders, our great God is Who He Is(remember: "I Am Who Am"?). I was inspired and more than hopeful after listening to this sermon, and the follow-up sermon on the coming crisis amplified the theme of this message, and I also recommend it. (P.S. Before writing this comment I watched a brief video of Oprah announcing that all is consciousness and we live not by belief but by feelings. Wow! It's on YouTube. Dear Brothers and Sisters, let's listen to the Word of God as preached by Pastor Doug and remain steadfast in the Word and the Promises of Almighty God. We were redeemed for a purpose and that purpose as we read in the Westminster Shorter Catechism is to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. Amen.

Sermon1/31/09 12:17 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Back To Basics! Jesus Christ is not a socialist! ”
This semon by C. Rauser should be included in every economics 101 course in the USA. The Biblical basis for understanding money, ownership, productivity, competition, and profit are all sketched out. Mr. Rauser makes it clear that, properly understood, all these elements of the economic life of our country are encouraged and upheld by the Word of God. As a high school teacher in a large public high school in NYC, I meet a lot of teachers who are liberals-verging-on-socialism and some who are outspoken communists. This sermon will help me and others stay focused on truth, and stay away from class warfare and a rejection of capitalism. Mr. Rauser speaks about the importance of money in our economic system. Studying the life of A. Lincoln, I can't forget how changed his life was by his first encounter with the money economy (he lived in a barter economy during his early years). He saw opportunities for personal growth and service that he never imagined for himself before he became aware of the significance of money. Thank you for this excellent and timely sermon!

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/sw..