Reformation Church | SermonAudio.com

FRIDAY
JUL 31, 2015

MyChurch: reformation
Reformation Church
Pastor W. J. Mencarow  |  Boerne, Texas

Sermon12/15/13 1:27 PM
Pastor W. J. Mencarow from Boerne, Texas  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor W. J. Mencarow
comments
“ Reply ctd to Some other Scriptures to consider ”
The hymn Jesus and the disciples sang in Mt. 26:30 and Mk. 14:26 was undoubtedly the hymn that was ALWAYS sung at the conclusion of Passover, part or all of the Great Hallel, psalms 113-118. In Acts 16:25, Paul and Silas sang a hymn. The 1599 Geneva Bible translates it correctly: “Now at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang Psalms unto God, and the prisoners heard them.” The quote of Rom. 15:9 you cite is from the NIV. I am very sorry to see that the translators simply inserted the word “hymns.” The word is not in the verse in the Greek nor in any other English translation I have consulted. Not even humnos is in that verse (even if it was, it would simply mean one of the psalms). The KJV and the Geneva Bible both translate the verse accurately: “...For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.” (KJV) “...For this cause I will confess thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy Name.” (Geneva Bible).

Sermon12/15/13 1:20 PM
comments
“ Reply to 'Some Other Scriptures To Consider' ”
Please accept my brotherly urging to use a version more faithful to the original text; one that is based on the Received Text (Textus Receptus). I recommend the Geneva Bible of 1599/1560 from Tolle Lege Press. There is much more to be said, but to keep my response reasonably brief, there is no evidence whatsoever, Biblical or historical, direct or inferential, that “hymn” or “song” in the Bible ever means an uninspired human composition. In fact, uninspired hymns have been usede to introduce heresy into the church. A very interesting book is “Hymns, Heretics and History” by Louis F. DeBoer at http://www.amprpress.com/hymns_&_heretics.htm I highly recommend it. In addition, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to prayerfully study the resources at http://wp.me/p1q0BF-5f The bottom line is: No one has ever found a commandment in Scripture to sing uninspired songs in worship. Please think and pray about that. Yours in Christ Jesus, Pastor Mencarow

Sermon12/12/13 10:48 PM
Harvey Brown from Smoky Mountains of Tennessee  Contact via emailFind all comments by Harvey Brown
comments
“ Some other Scriptures to consider ”
Pastor, I am appreciative of your stated desire to honor God and be faithful to the Scriptures. All of us who believe share the common challenge of interpreting the Scriptures accurately. In simple terms, the ultimate test for the Bible student is to discern what portions of Scripture are prescriptive (declaring what must be done), and what portions of Scripture are descriptive (describing what was done). I believe that your message came from a good heart. But I am perplexed at how you could draw your conclusions considering the full witness of the Bible. "Hymn" or "hymns" occurs more times in the New Testament than "psalm" or "psalms" (seven vs. six). Immediately after instituting the Lord's Supper, Jesus and the disciples sang a hymn (not a psalm). Paul's and Silas' jailhouse worship included singing hymns -- and there was some rocking and rolling going on as a result (I couldn't resist). The result of Christ's becoming servant to the Jews was to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs, and open the way for you and me (among the Gentiles mentioned) in order that we may "glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.” (Rom. 15:9) Note the word "hymns," not psalms.

Sermon11/13/13 9:42 PM
Rev. Mitchell Persaud from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada  Protected NameFind all comments by Rev. Mitchell Persaud
“ Brilliant. Thanks. ”
Much appreciated sermon.

Sermon10/29/13 8:04 PM
Darrell Wible from Hondo, Texas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Darrell Wible
comments
Once again I learn so much from your sermons. I love how you paint a picture of the places and the people. This helps so much to understand the mindset and culture of the area the sermon is about. I think this is my fourth listen to this sermon. My brother now loves them too.

Sermon1/23/13 4:43 PM
Paul16135 from Essex, UK  Find all comments by Paul16135
comments
I'm with trevor hammack on this one, it isnt actually real. Its just a conspiracy theory. We can trust governments.

Sermon12/5/12 7:40 PM
comments
“ Response to Mike ”
Mike, A brotherly suggestion -- if you want to get your point across, drop the invectives. "The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient..." (II Tim 2:24) I suggest "What Christ Says About The Rapture": http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1124101058502 and my series on "the great tribulation" beginning at http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=91206222644 Blessings in Christ, Pastor Mencarow

Sermon12/5/12 7:10 PM
CV from Australia  Find all comments by CV
comments
I am enjoying your sermons. Like "Mike from so.fl" below, I too had a look at your website. But unlike Mike, I found much on your website that is edifying to the Body of Christ. Thank you for the resources. I will avail myself of them with much confidence. God Bless

Sermon12/5/12 12:17 PM
Nityananda from New York  Find all comments by Nityananda
comments
“ Reply to BWS ”
When you compared the Presbyterian churches in Scotland to those in the USA, which would you say are the more Biblical? And by the way, I am under the impression that Christianity as a whole in all of North America, Western Europe, and Australia is "based more on a godless culture than it is the Word of God."

Sermon12/5/12 10:47 AM
mike from so.fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by mike
comments
Went to ur webite & read what u believe....wow ! thx be to God im not in ur church sitting under ur teaching...read the sign by Robert Van Kampen wt ur bible...hope u see it & repent

Sermon11/6/12 5:21 AM
janine elizabeth from Louisiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by janine elizabeth
comments
Excellent. I've learned something here I'd not really seen before so clearly. Thank you.

Sermon10/22/12 4:55 AM
PuritanDownloads.com  Protected NameFind all comments by PuritanDownloads.com
comments
“ Biblical Reformation Politics & Civil Government! ”
A much needed sermon in our day, when few know or understand what the Bible actually teaches on these important matters. For more free Reformation resources on POLITICS AND BIBLICAL CIVIL GOVERNMENT please see http://ow.ly/eEKWl. "Yet civil government has as its appointed end, so long as we live among men, to cherish and protect the outward worship of God, to defend sound doctrine of piety and the position of the church, to adjust our life to the society of men, to form our social behavior to civil righteousness, to reconcile us with one another, and to promote general peace and tranquility." - John Calvin, Institutes, IV, XX, Volume 2, p. 1,487, Westminster Press, 1960. "And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers..." - Isaiah 49:23 (KJV).

Sermon10/10/12 10:04 AM
Pastor W. J. Mencarow from Boerne, Texas  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Pastor W. J. Mencarow
comments
“ Reply to NB ”
To NB -- I wish you had provided your e-mail address so I could respond to you personally. All I can say is that you must not have listened to the sermon. It is replete with Scripture citations. I might ask you to please provide Scriptures that authorize any songs other than the Psalms in worship. No one has ever found any. On the contrary, only the Psalms are authorized by God for song in worship. Of course, you can say, as many do, that "what is not prohibited in Scripture is permitted." Then you have no Biblical basis for opposing almost anything in worship -- drama, puppet shows, dancing, circus acts, you name it -- as long as it claims to be somehow "Christian." You may find this book edifying: http://www.amprpress.com/hymns_&_heretics.htm

Sermon10/9/12 1:47 PM
Teresa Riordan from Buffalo NY  Contact via emailFind all comments by Teresa Riordan
This sermon blessed me so much..thank you

Sermon4/30/12 4:54 PM
Samantha M from Georgia  Find all comments by Samantha M
Government vs. God
W. J. Mencarow

Sermon4/28/12 5:25 PM
Hank Hudson from Deerfield Beach, FL  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Hank Hudson
Government vs. God
W. J. Mencarow
comments
“ Powerful, Insightful Sermon! ”
This message really laid it all out. This should be heard by all Christians and prepare to do battle with our government and other anti-Christ entities. Our youngest generation is the most vulnerable to the New Age, World Order movement. I fear most Christians have no idea what all is happening in the USA and worldwide. Pray that Christ Jesus comes soon.

Sermon2/27/12 12:58 AM
Jessica M from Virginia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jessica M
The biblical perspective on marriage in this sermon was so refreshing and encouraging. I especially appreciated the beautiful picture of mutual sanctification in a Godly marriage. Thank you!

Sermon2/3/12 5:44 PM
Keith from Australia  Find all comments by Keith
comments
BWS, take it a little easier: This is one of 96 messages on Revelations. However, what you say about the Church and apostacy is right on, and I believe it to be what is being preached as "revival" that is actually the great apostacy.

Sermon1/29/12 11:46 AM
Teresa Riordan from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by Teresa Riordan
Excellent teaching on Revelations and Islam .thank you

Sermon1/18/12 4:28 PM
NB from Minnesota  Find all comments by NB
comments
“ Clarification ”
Please provide biblical scriptures to attest your point regarding songs of praise not being acceptable worship style in the Bible.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Trey Garner
Grace that Transforms

Grace from the Patriarchs
Faith Church

Living for Eternity
Ken Jones

Christians are never more Christ-like than when bearing their cross. ... Alexander Simpson

City: Las Vegas, NV