Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 1,362 total user comment(s)

Sermon6/30/15 10:51 AM
Amanda Garcia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Amanda Garcia
comments
“ Two way road & Military service ”
It has always been my personal opinion that adulterous misconduct is a two way road. Yes, men struggle with lust, but many woman do not understand or respect this struggle. Perhaps it is the feminist theory that "How difficult can it be? Why can men just control themselves?" Sin is the answer. From a women's perspective, we need to understand relationship boundaries as well. Most importantly we should teach our daughters this as well. What a young woman thinks is a kind gesture will more times than not mean much more to a man. Both genders struggle in different ways with sinful behavior. With that said, military service doesn't not make this easy. From my own experience, it was difficult being an active duty service member that was trying to walk a Christian walk. The over abundance of attention can be both flaturing and bordering on sinful temptation. I was blessed to have Christian NCOs, but many young women in the military don't, and I witnessed a downfall of dignity that women can offer the military.

Sermon6/29/15 6:03 PM
Jon from wisconsin  Find all comments by Jon
comments
he should file a lawsuit against them and cite the following case-E.E.O.C. v. Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, a case in which the Supreme Court decided in favor of a Muslim woman who sued Abercrombie & Fitch after she was denied a job at a store in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 2008, for failing to comply with the clothing company’s ban on head coverings.

Sermon6/29/15 8:17 AM
Alfred Thames from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred Thames
comments
Al Mohler has an excellent article on the decision on his web site.

Sermon6/29/15 7:49 AM
comments
God is sovereign and EVERYTHING is according to his will and purposes. God is in total control. I know a comment like that seems to simplistic to most people. But, if you are just a simple everyday Christian, it is very comforting. But, I know as a Pastor, you cant be as simplistic.

Sermon6/28/15 4:19 PM
Helen from Sweden  Find all comments by Helen
Amen Amen

Sermon6/28/15 4:03 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to Brother Walt ”
I need the reminders, Brother Walt. I was so thrilled to remember that you and I and others like us are all caught by the same net. Some of us, by God's grace, will be revealed as sons of God (Romans 8:19-22) and others...they are bad. Thanks for stopping in, faithful friend.

Sermon6/27/15 10:16 PM
Daniel Wardlow from Raeford Nc  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel Wardlow
comments
“ Billy Graham Rule ”
I really appreciate the value system and clarity around being objective about the pastors sin. I believe as Christians it sets us apart and gives others a window into what is different about being Christian. I have had the Billy Graham rule allow me to tell people about Christ and fish with my net. I find it amazing that the practice of what is preached is in full effect at Berean.

Sermon6/27/15 9:16 AM
Walter Holt from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameFind all comments by Walter Holt
'Don't Kill the Boston Bomber'
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Needed comments ”
Very well thought out and presented. The left (I am not assuming this author is, but her position is a very common position of the left leaning culture) seems to base their whole position on pragmatism of current conditions and failings of our judicial system. I believe, as you pointed out, if we followed the principle of the Bible, accuracy of charges (true nature of what was committed), assurance of guilt (multiple, credible witnesses), speedy trial (address while evidence is fresh), stringent guidelines for the assignment of death (if there is doubt, death is not an option because we, corporately, will be taking the life of an image bearer) and swift execution of justice; i believe the issue would be on a far better standing. Again, well thought out rebuttal to an article, that sounded, as if it were built on a base of straw men.

Sermon6/27/15 8:29 AM
comments
“ Preach the Gospel in and out of season ”
Glorious!!! Blessed are the feet who bring the Good News! Bill, you are great at bringing attention to whom the Gospel is focussed on. It is to glorify Christ, not to bring light to us. We are not to determine who is worthy of the Kingdom, we are to share the Good News. A Sermon that shined a bright light in my soul.

Sermon6/27/15 7:56 AM
comments
I agree, Mr. Black. Dr. Weaver is a great historian of the War of Northern Aggression, as well as a very good expositor of Bible. Although I dont always agree with some of his interpretations. Dont anyone get confused with southern heritage and support for slavery and racism. You can be for one and against the other. As many were during that time.

Sermon6/26/15 12:54 PM
comments
One more point, what will be next? Bragg, Lee, Hood, A.P. Hill and more. What do they have in common ? They are all Confederate generals. Should all those military installations name after them be changed? They fought under and defended that flag. Just asking?

Sermon6/26/15 12:40 PM
comments
It is a free speech issue. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it." After today's SCOTUS ruling on same -sex marriage. Soon, the Christian flag you see in many churches today will not be allowed to be flown outside in public. It will be a symbol of hate and intolerance. Mark it down.

Sermon6/26/15 11:49 AM
Jeffery King from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jeffery King
comments
As an answer to the question posed at the end, I actually find freedom in rules. There is freedom from perception and persecution if Tchividjian followed the Graham Rule. As an example, driving the speed limit frees me from fear of being pulled over for speeding from the police. If I see a police car on the road, my first instinct is not to put on my brakes because I know that I am obeying the law. I have freedom from not being constantly on the lookout. When I DO sin, I seem to be constantly looking over my shoulder and already trying to come up with an excuse for my sin. There is no freedom in that. Freedom is found in doing right and letting the fruit of the Spirit grow as much as possible. Against such there is no law. Galations 5:22-23

Sermon6/24/15 7:09 PM
Levi Black from Savannah, Georgia  Find all comments by Levi Black
comments
“ The truth shall set you free ”
Mr. Harris talks about an article written by a church leader calling for the removal of the Confederate Flag. While Sean seems to recognize some of the errors in logic that the man makes in the article, he still agrees in the end that a Christian should not fly or display the Confederate Battle Flag. I believe this is a grave mistake. First, those at the forefront of the call to remove/ban this flag are leftists who would also see our First and Second Ammendment rights taken, but also want our true American History and heritage revised/destroyed. Second, the truth of the matter is the Confederate Battle Flag is not a symbol of racism, slavery, or sinful hatred, though many have been deceived by propaganda and lies chiefly through the government schools and controlled media. The KKK more often uses the Stars and Stripes in its meetings (as well as the Christian flag at times) than the CBF. Does that mean we get rid of those flags as well? Where does this end? The CBF bears the emblem of the cross of St. Andrew, who counted himself unworthy to die in the same manner as Jesus Christ, though he was crucified for his faithfulness to Him. This flag is a symbol of courage and bravery in the face of persecution and tyranny. For more info, I recommend Dr. John Weaver's messages.

Sermon6/24/15 8:11 AM
Barry from KY from Northern KY  Contact via emailFind all comments by Barry from KY
comments
Brother Harris, I really enjoyed this episode of your news in focus. Thank you. I have for a long time felt the confederate flag offensive in nature. Perhaps, once it was the symbol of southern pride. But, it's been hijacked by hate groups and over time has evolved into a symbol of hatred. I forget the name of the young man with you on the program, but he said don't let the flag cover up your light. that, atleast to me, was a very important take away to the program. It makes me re-evaluate my thinking in how i appear to my brothers and sister in Christ and to the world looking at me. Am I reflect Christ or the world. Thank you so much. You guys knocked it out of the park with this one!!!

Sermon6/22/15 12:26 PM
Benjamin from West Texas  Find all comments by Benjamin
comments
“ Reply to 'Reply to Benjamin' ”
You don't know me. I know who Gipp's teacher is. I am not "disciple of Ruckmanites." I know Ruckman's teaching, and I DESPISE his "advanced revelation" nonsense. Jesus Christ alone is my "hero." I believe Gipp has some great information to offer in his writings. Just because he was under Ruckman's direct teaching doesn't mean he's as much of a "Ruckmanite" as one would expect. Just look at his "Understandable History"! Every pig has its bacon. Just because "Ruckman...calls them what I call them" doesn't mean he's right. The point remains: the different editions are EDITIONS, not "revisions." Every single change is the correction of a typo. This cannot compare to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of differences between different revisions of modern bibles (which come out every decade or two). You find altogether different readings, often without the copyright date even changing. See different NKJVs in Zach. 13:6. See also Will Kinney, "Ever Changing ESVs" (brandplucked.webs.com) and Laurence Vance, "Double Jeopardy." "Which KJV do you use, hmmm???" Well, which NKJV? Which ESV? Which NASB? Which NIV? ("Ill-informed, huh?) Again: I am not a fan of Ruckman. I haven't read his books yet, and I don't look forward to it.

Sermon6/22/15 6:04 AM
Guy Cooke from Shreveport-la  Contact via emailFind all comments by Guy Cooke
The Lie of Transgenderism
David McManus
comments
Thanks for your podcast. It was very informative. I appreciate the fact that you do not condemn Bruce Jenner but ask that we pray for him. I also believe we should remember his children as this decision by their father has surely devastated them. I listen to most of your podcasts and appreciate your due diligence. God bless you!

Sermon6/20/15 9:22 AM
Walter Holt from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Walter Holt
The Plague of Low Expectations
David McManus
“ For Every Parent ”
Great class David. This is a message every parent of teenagers needs to hear, as well as, the young adults of those parents.

Sermon6/20/15 7:52 AM
In our "quick and easy" society with an "I am entitled to it right now" mentality, it is quite refreshing to hear a Sermon, such as this. Perseverance of the Saints goes completely against the grain of common culture. In a day where the "I said a prayer when I was 6, I'm good to go!", the idea of patience, work and putting into practice one's Christian Faith has been completely lost. I lay the responsibility at the feet of most of today's preachers. They are more interested in growing a congregation with gimmicks and variety shows than preaching the Gospel. They starve their sheep and turn them over to the wolves. Thank you for being the preacher you are Sean. If the world had more preachers such as yourself, and the other preachers at Berean, the Church would not be in the condition it is in today. Keep preaching the Gospel and do not relent!

Sermon6/13/15 9:25 AM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
Great topic. Please keep them coming.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

New York City | December 15-17, 2015
Conference
SermonAudio Classics

Sermon: Creation VS Evolution# 23
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 700+

One drop of Christ's blood is worth more than heaven and earth. ... Martin Luther

City: Las Vegas, NV