Grace Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

HTML Embed | Demo
MyChurch: gbc
Grace Baptist Church
Michael Phillips  |  Fremont, California

Sermon2/21/05 11:45 PM
Barney Cissell from Texas  Contact via email
Lessons in Proverbs #16 (Humility)
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Jesus Bless you Brother Phillip ”
I really enjoy your sermons, as you stay true to God's Word and display true reverence for it! I am truly fed and ejoy downloading and listening over and over again, while following along in my Bible! Praise God for your ministry. Thank you sir.

Sermon2/11/05 10:38 AM
Rev Dr Paul Blackham from Central London, UK  Contact via email
Puritan Matthew Henry Genesis 1 #1
Michael Phillips
“ Brilliant Series! ”
I want to offer you the very warmest gratitude I can for your sermons on SermonAudio. You have done such a wonderful service to the worldwide church of Jesus. I too am a real enthusiast for the Puritans, but I have never thought of preaching through a passage with Matthew Henry before. It is brilliant. It was so strengthening and joyful to hear your Matthew Henry sermons. Thank you again

Sermon1/8/05 7:23 PM
Jessica Dawson from Vancouver Island, British Clumbia  Contact via email
Puritan Speech (Babbling) #6
Michael Phillips
I was greatly moved and edified by this sermon. For the one who wants their conversation to be pleasing to God; this sermon gives humble exhortation and guidance. I think that everyone would be blessed by this sermon, for as Christ says, "By your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned."

Sermon11/16/04 5:15 PM
Anne from Canada
Church History John Gill 1697-1771
Michael Phillips
comments
Thank you, Pastor Phillips for setting the record straight in a day when John Gill is called a hyper Calvinist because he didn't believe in the "free offer" of the Gospel.

Sermon10/18/04 12:48 AM
Graeme Daley  Contact via email
comments
“ challange, and encouraging Series! ”
Just a note to say thank you for the blessing, challenge, and encouragement I have received from listening to your preaching on Sermonaudio.com. God has used your ministry (particularly the Thomas Brooks series) in my life and ministry. I hope you can continue to add sermons to Sermonaudio.com. Just thank you - and may God bless you ministry. My prayer that you personally will be very much aware of God's presence and his hand holding you and your family. Nothing is too wonderful for God - God loves with EVERLASTING love. As I write this, my prayers are for you.

Sermon9/18/04 11:11 AM
Paul Westcott from Owen Sound Ontario Canada
comments
Listened to the message yesterday and it stirred my heart the rest of the day and I am still thinking about it. The cost of evangelism in the early church leaves us with an awesome inheritance and serious soul searching as we face the future.

Sermon8/13/04 7:20 PM
William Amoral from Quartzsite, AZ  Contact via email
comments
I Thank You for the sermon. In the time where men cannot talk about God. You have shown that men can stand if they really believe God. When Christ is in the heart, men can preach. I live in the desert, this sermon was the freshest water I have ever had here. I praise God for the good you folks do. This is the only way I might have fresh flowing water of truth. In Christ: Joe Amoral

Sermon8/13/04 3:10 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, England  Contact via email
Lessons in Proverbs #16 (Humility)
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Search your heart Sermon! ”
Thank you brother Phillip for your challenging, but gracious, ministry. This sermon is one of the most heart searching I have EVER heard. Satan would keep us comfortable in a counterfeit humility, and meekness in the things of the Lord, which is just fleshy and carnal. To those who truly want to follow Christ, and should not we all with a Biblical humility and meekness, which is based on the grace given to us in the new birth, should listen to this sermon. I am about to listen to it for the second time, as I want the Lord to instill this Christian attribute into my very being, for I need to be much challenged in this so important area of Christian living. I enjoy listening to brother Phillip, for it is proof that one does not have to shout about to have an impact, when the Holy Spirit quickens a word to the soul, one knows

Sermon8/2/04 4:32 PM
a listener from from Belize
comments
This is a great story so far (I've listened through #3) and very good reader!

Sermon8/1/04 3:54 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, England  Contact via email
Puritan Work Ethics #1
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Awesome practical sermon for workers! ”
Thank you brother Phillips for bringing before us thoughts for employees, basing them on Richard Baxter's comments on this issue. As a low paid employee who cleans for a living, I have had a mental problem with well-paid "bosses" and lazy workmates. Thankfully, the Lord has been showing me where I have had sinful tendencies and an unbiblical attitude in this matter. I have to be a doer of the word, as well as a hearer, and I know this will be difficult, but must repent of what has been sinful, and by God's grace I shall serve the Lord Christ from now on. O Lord, I must decrease and thou must increase in this area.

Sermon7/13/04 11:50 AM
Paula Visser  Contact via email
Children Prophets & Bears #1
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Testimony ”
A few weeks after I listened to the message on “The Prophet, the Bears and the Children”, I was listening to a lady at my church complain about some children she knew who mocked the things of God. I told her about this message, and ended up making a copy of it so she could listen to it at home. They sat down on their bed and put the message in to listen to it, when, after about 10 minutes, their youngest son (3rd grade) came in and sat down with them. He said, "I like this, momma" and continued to listen. After a few more minutes their oldest son (11th grade) came in and started listening as well. The parents looked at each other and said, "we need to get Brittany in here too." So they brought their daughter (6th grade) in and started from the beginning. After the message was over, they sat in their bedroom with their children, all discussing the message for 2 hours! My friend told me that they were talking to their children about the danger of mocking the things of God just a couple weeks before that, and now their children were hearing the message very bluntly and poignantly from the lips of a preacher in California. Let me tell you, it made a totally different and more powerful impact on the children as they recognized the seriousness of it like they hadn't before

Sermon7/9/04 11:58 AM
Paula from South Carolina  Contact via email
comments
“ Praise be to God ”
I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I have listened to almost all of the sermons in the church history series by Michael Phillips, and a good deal of other sermons on other topics. We made mp3 copies of the church history messages and distributed them to a group of our friends. Three of our friends are leaving for East Asia today as they are going to encourage a brother who is laboring for Christ over there. We sent a cd with all of the church history messages with them to give to this brother. These messages have been such a blessing to us and our faith, that I just wanted to thank you and encourage you to keep on serving the Lord in the sincerity and truth of the message. May souls be turned and God be glorified!!

Sermon6/23/04 4:25 PM
Terry Flood from Toledo, Ohio  Contact via email
comments
“ Great Sermon / Series! ”
I have been greatly blessed by this entire series of messages. Coming from a strong, judgemental fundamentalist background, this series has so humbled me by revealing so many blind-spots that are prevalent in those circles. Praise the Lord for preserving the expository work done by Brooks and for having Phillips glean even more for us today.

Sermon5/2/04 3:52 AM
Norman Smith from Surrey UK
Puritan Speech (Humor) #5
Michael Phillips
comments
“ discerning Sermon! ”
Brother Phillips, using some of the writings of Richard Baxter as the base, points out what is acceptable and what is not acceptable, in the realm of humour in relation to our souls good, and the glory of God, and we must be sensitive to these, as well as the feelings of others, and when our humor must be appropriate and inappropriate. Plenty of scripture is used in this sermon, and is preached in a gracious way. This was a good, practical sermon, very discerning. Thank you brother Phillips for this most discerning sermon.

Sermon4/23/04 2:27 AM
Cho Dae Chul from Seoul, S.Korea
Valuable history of seeds fallen on the ground.

Sermon3/21/04 3:41 PM
donna marino from rock tavern ny  Contact via email
comments
AWSOME!!! series on church history. Very well taught! I appreciate your website. Thank You

Sermon3/12/04 4:41 AM
James Christian from Plano, Texas  Contact via email
comments
This is an excellent message. Every Christian should listen to this! Christians today often come across as a special interest group vying for political power, when they SHOULD be holy examples of God's transforming grace. A lot of times, I think that some churches tend to put too much focus on church history and too little emphasis on the Bible, so I was a bit hesitant when I started looking at this series. But am I ever glad that I decided to listen! Pastor Phillips does an excellent job of teaching, instructing, and edifying in this series. This message is well worth your time!

Sermon12/13/03 2:52 PM
Grant Stockman
comments
“ Thank you so much for your sermons! ”
Thank you so much for your sermons, on church history and on perseverance by Thomas Watson. I have been extremely blessed by your messages, and I hope to be able to one day teach reformed theology with the clarity and balance that you do. I have been an Armenian most of my life, but through God’s word and the reading of sermons by Charles Spurgeon; I have by God’s grace come to believe in the perseverance of the saints. May God strengthen you body, soul, and spirit, Grant Stockman

Sermon11/13/03 5:01 PM
Jim Vermillion  Contact via email
Church History 10: John Calvin
Michael Phillips
comments
“ IMPRESSED & HUMBLED with your excellent lecture ”
I was impressed and humbled with your excellent lecture on John Calvin. How tragic it is that Calvin is so often portrayed in such derogatory terms. Your concluding comments on Calvin as the apostle of true freedom under the Sovereignty of GOD were particularly insightful, intriguing and thought provoking. It would seem that GOD "visibly" reigning in the church, in the home, and in the state, could or would be only if men reigned who had the heart, the vision, and the goodness of John Calvin. I can only say the words that Calvin knew in the depths of his soul, the LORD GOD is Sovereign. Oh, to have the vision of the glory of GOD, and the heart of this man of GOD. Again, thank you. Truly from HIS mercy and grace alone, and to HIS GLORY alone. Jim Vermillion

Sermon11/12/03 6:21 PM
Wayne Marr from Pflugerville, Texas  Contact via email
comments
“ Outstanding Church History Sermon Series! ”
Absolutely excellent lectures/sermons on church history and should be required listening.

Jump to Page : back 11 [12] 13

Salvation to the Uttermost
Scott T. Brown
Jesus Took Bread

Matthew
Hope Baptist Church

Blog 8/29/14
God Be With You ‘Til We Meet Again...

New York Gospel Mission
for the past sev­eral weeks, many people have expr­ess­ed...

Sermon: Most Dangerous Minister of All