ID

Newest Player | Info
MyChurch: gbc
Grace Baptist Church
Michael Phillips  |  Fremont, California

Sermon6/9/07 9:45 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
comments
“ Attractive lecture. ”
Very good, attractive lecture. Amazing, inspiring life! The lives of God's servants are beautiful!

Sermon6/8/07 12:24 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History John Gill 1697-1771
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Great lecture. ”
Very good, attractive lecture. I like the selection of the information the speaker does. It is helpful, spiritual, challenging. Very good the stress put on the importance of learning and knowledge in the life of Gospel minister.

Sermon6/7/07 12:17 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
“ Fascinating life! ”
Fascinating life! Great lessons from his life, his ministry, his battles! I was especially touched by Phillips' stress on Machen's Christian character. He is right. Character in ministers is a powerful weapon in God's hands!

Sermon6/6/07 11:49 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History #20 Abraham Kuyper
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Good lecture. ”
We need to know examples of men of God who served with faithfulness in Politics. Kuyper's example is helpful. In my country, Romania, neo-protestant Christians have not a basis for a Biblical view of Politics, yet.

Sermon3/23/07 5:19 PM
Deb from ND  Contact via emailFind all comments by Deb
comments
“ WOW - what a great series!! ”
A couple years ago I followed the journey of the early church by a comprehensive study of the Acts of the Apostles, etc., and have wanted to fill in the gap of church history from that time to present, but don't have much time to read. I like to listen to sermons on the treadmill and in the tractor, so I searched for a series on church history. I found the first 3 and did extra time on the treadmill today so I could keep listening! Pastor Phillips has a way of telling the facts in a very interesting way and then finishes with application and lessons for today. After the 3rd sermon (on Augustine) I really wanted to hear more so I searched again. I was THRILLED to find 39 messages on church history by Pastor Phillips!! I plan to download all of them since spring seeding is coming up and I will be spending many hours in the tractor, and now I am looking forward to that! In the meantime, I'll keep at the treadmill. Thanks for posting all those great sermons!

Sermon3/8/07 7:04 AM
Kizito michael George from Norway  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kizito michael George
Irresistible Grace
Michael Phillips
comments
I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY MICHAEL'S SUMMONS ON THE T.U.LI.P I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THIS ISSUE FOR SOME QUITE SOME TIME.PRAISE, GOD WHO HAS HELPED ME TO UNDERSTAND IT.THANK YOU MICHAEL FOR YOUR EXPOSITORY SUMMONS ON CHURCH HISTORY AS WELL.GOD BLESS YOU.

Sermon3/2/07 9:49 PM
Ryan Mercer from Indianapolis, Indiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ryan Mercer
Managing Your Money God's Way
Michael Phillips
I absolutely loved this Sermon and I am going to listen to more of Mr. Phillips. I encourage EVERYONE to listen to this, Mr. Phillips is a great speaker!

Sermon1/26/07 9:59 PM
lee from korea  Find all comments by lee
comments
“ excellent. ”
Excellent sermon about self-control. It's easy to understand, easy to memorize. thank you!

Sermon1/11/07 10:28 PM
Jaymin from Ontario, California  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jaymin
Spurgeon A New Biography #2
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
Its excellent to learn more of this hero of faith life and works. Great biography,...

Sermon12/20/06 7:15 PM
ljb from New Brunswick, Canada  Find all comments by ljb
comments
“ Great Biography! ”
Wow - I am in awe of the faith that Hudson Taylor evidenced throughout his life. This biography of China's great missionary humbles me in my Christian walk, and has made me want to seek Him all the more. That He might increase, and I must decrease.

Sermon12/10/06 2:39 PM
Wayne from Uk  Find all comments by Wayne
Church History Francis Lee 1934-
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Must here! ”
Your father has been murdered...could you visit that muderer in prison and witness Christ as the only hope for that sinner? Come down from the ceiling and wonder at this story of amazing grace and the lessons that can be learned.

Sermon11/7/06 1:02 PM
Joanne McCallum from Waterdown, Ontario  Find all comments by Joanne McCallum
Church History 24: Mary Jones
Michael Phillips
incredibly inspiring

Sermon10/31/06 1:58 AM
Noreen Moyer from Detroit  Find all comments by Noreen Moyer
Spurgeon A New Biography #2
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
I am listening to the Spurgeon biography and am getting very much blessed. One must be a lover of Spurgeon as a preacher to really get anything from any of his preachings. I truly am a Spurgeonite and can see how God mightily used this simple man to preach Jesus and Him crucified. I long to read all of his preachings and will very soon. Noreen Moyer

Sermon10/30/06 10:48 AM
Old School Christian  Find all comments by Old School Christian
comments
What a jewel of a series! We own the book by Thomas Brooks, and we're enjoying your commentary! It's not easy to improve on the puritans, but your commentary really adds to it and makes the scriptures and truths presented in the book come alive in a very edifying way! Pastor Trevor Hammack highly recommends your church history series. I'm looking forward to hearing that too! May God bless your family and ministry.

Sermon10/27/06 10:48 PM
springs from singapore  Find all comments by springs
Church History 24: Mary Jones
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Awe-inspiring ”
it is amazing how the speaker could bring someone to life through a simple lecture such as this. Hearing this brings me to shame of how lack of love and passion for God's Holy Word. One of my personal favourties and close to my heart.

Sermon10/17/06 9:05 AM
John from Singapore
Church History 24: Mary Jones
Michael Phillips
comments
The story of Mary Jones has inspired many of us in Singapore. For we have possessed so abundantly and God’s word became so ordinary to us. Following Mary Jones, we have started a "Mary Jones Fund" in our family. There are so many things in life we can do without and can be given to the Lord ?

Sermon10/9/06 2:04 AM
Bobby from California
Church History 24: Mary Jones
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Great lesson - don't take God's Word for granted ”
We are in a unique point in church history. Christians before us never had 1% of the access we have to God's word today. I often get the characters in church history mixed up, but after the first time hearing the story of Mary Jones in this sermon, I'll never forget who she is. She loved God and His word with such a love that she was willing to to school, learn to read (on top of working at home full time), work odd jobs for 6 years, and then walk 25 miles through rough terrain (by herself)... all so she could have and read God's word. By the way this is ALL as a young girl. I've listened to thousands of sermons, and this is one of my favorites. A wonderful reminder of just how much we must cherish every word of our Lord... and never take it for granted.

Sermon8/22/06 11:59 PM
Tracie Hall from Wilmington, NC
Puritan Fear of Man #2
Michael Phillips
comments
“ So True! ”
Oh how we need to more and more understand the fear of the Lord by caring more about what God thinks rather than man! Very excellent sermon delivered in such humility!

Sermon7/25/06 10:17 PM
Matt Haney from San Antonio, Texas  Contact via email
comments
“ Powerful! ”
A very powerful account of God's faithfulness to supply all that we need! A challenge to my whole approach to life. If you are not familar with the life of Hudson Taylor, it is a must listen to, it is more than worth the time to listen to the whole series.

Sermon6/7/06 11:53 PM
Thomas Quah from Singapore  Contact via email
comments
I've enjoyed the whole series of the lectures on church history by Rev Michael Phillips. these are all very well presented, not only very educational but also interesting and edifying. I recommend this series highly.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] more

Gospel Chapel Ministries

Dr. Peter Masters
Extensiveness of Conversion

Sunday Evangelistic Message
Metropolitan Tabernacle

2 for 1 Puritan Hard Drive Sale On Now

Rev­iews by Paul Wash­er, Dr. Joel Beeke, Dr. Bauch­am, Rich­ard Benn­ett, Barn­es, et al.
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Guidance
Rev David Silversides

If God is with you, you will want (lack) neither company nor comfort. ... Samuel Rutherford

BlackBerry | Win