Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Select Podcast Format | Help
HTML Embed | Demo
Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Sermon10/29/13 4:57 PM
Alfred Thames from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred Thames
The Battle of Gog and Magog
William J. Sturm
comments
Sorry for the confusion, I just reread my comment. I believe and think you do also that Ezekiel 38 and 39 and Rev 16, 17 and 19 are the same battles and Rev 20 final battle is a totally different. Some get confuse with Gog and Magog, I believe Gog and Magog is just a term use to name a evil leader/anti-christ and Magog is his followers/nations. Am I close?

Sermon10/29/13 3:03 PM
joshua b  Find all comments by joshua b
comments
I can agree that youth groups can be hazardous but so can the main church service too. I often listen to your youth lessons and it does not differ In it's depth from what you teach adults ....keep up your drive to preach the gospel to our youth

Sermon10/29/13 1:37 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
The Battle of Gog and Magog
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
I guess I am confused. Which battle in Revelation do you think I was saying corresponded to Ezekiel 38 and 39 if you are "not sure about the battle at the end of the millennium?"

Sermon10/28/13 11:21 PM
The Battle of Gog and Magog
William J. Sturm
comments
I was listening to your bible study lesson on Gog and Magog. I agree with you, I to believe that Ezekiel 38 and 39 is the same battle in Revelation. I dont agree entirely on the participants though, I tend to agree with Joel Richardson. I have read both of his books, very good books. The Islamic Anti-Christ and the Mideast Beast. I am not sure about the battle at the end of the millenium reign of Christ.

Sermon10/28/13 10:53 PM
comments
Matt 11:25-26 I thank thee O Father Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent and has revealed them to babes. Those men whom God in his sovereignty, as Lord of heaven and earth, of his own good pleasure, hid the gospel, either in respect of the outward preaching of it, or the inward revelation of the power of it in their hearts,those certainly Christ did not died for; for to what end should the Father send his only Son to die for the redemption of those whom he, for his own good pleasure, had determined should be everlasting strangers from it. There are so many verses,especially in John's gospel, I will list them if you want me to. When I first came to believe and accept the doctrines of grace, it took me 2 yrs later to really understand particular atonement, but now I do and also, I dont believe you can really believe 4 but not all 5, they compliment each other.

Sermon10/28/13 10:31 PM
comments
If Christ died and paid for all the sins of everyone, then there are a lot of people in hell for sins that were paid for. Unbelief is a sin, that is cover also. 2 Pet 3:9, is a favorite of rAmenians or 4 pt calvinist lack of a better word. But, if you read the entire chapter and put everything into context, you will find Peter is referring to the elect, us, we and beloved all the way vs 1 thru 18. But favorite limited atonement verses is in Isaiah 53:10-12. All is not used, but many is used several times. But, the emphasis is really in vs 11. I recommend John Owen,s book The Death of Death in death of Christ. The best book I have ever read on particular atonement.

Sermon10/28/13 10:42 AM
gib ham from indianapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by gib ham
comments
This was a pretty good lesson, I am glad that your church is willing to look at tough issues such as election when the vast majority of churches gloss over it. I am confused about your view of limited atonement. Could we not argue that all true branches of Christianity whether Arminian or Calvinist truly believe in limited atonement because they teach that only those that are born again receive salvation? If we were to hold the position that atonement was not limited wouldn't that view lead us to universalism? Also I'm not sure I'm grasping the idea that election doesn't automatically seal the lost soul to hell. If I'm forced into a food line and the server has the option to give me steak or chicken, and he doesn't give me steak, then by default, logic tells me I'm getting chicken whether I want it or not. I see the tension throughout scripture between election and whosoever.... Its a struggle but I believe that there has to be a logical systematic way of looking at it. God is not the author of confusion. Keep up the good work and continue to stand on the Word of God.

Sermon10/26/13 10:07 AM
Colton from S Pines  Find all comments by Colton
comments
“ Well Done ”
It is so good to hear the plain truth in a world where lies are so commonplace. Thanks for teaching God's people!

Sermon10/25/13 1:00 PM
Brent from West Michigan  Find all comments by Brent
comments
“ Great 'round table discussion.' ”
I think you guys hit most of the important points in your critique. Another point to bring up is if Christ's blood did in fact pay the debt for everyone's sin, then how is it fair that the Son of God was punished for someone's sin, yet they still go to hell. The sin is punished twice. So does the Creator of heaven and earth have the power to save? Does the blood of Christ actually save? I'm not sure the Dr. could answer these questions in any meaningful fashion.

Sermon10/25/13 12:08 PM
Ken from San Angelo  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ken
comments
“ Great? ”
You guys should have listened to the whole conference, before you decided to record this discussion. It's not about MacArthur vs the charismatics. It's about biblical theology vs charismatic theology. Let us praise God for all the men that proclaim God's truth, as found in scripture.

Sermon10/25/13 9:44 AM
Rev bruce r kuiper from Grand Rapids, mi  Find all comments by Rev bruce r kuiper
comments
“ Very we'll done ”
Clear crisp gracious wise

Sermon10/25/13 6:47 AM
gib ham from indianapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by gib ham
comments
I followed the Strange Fire Conference pretty close and I agree with what MacArthur was trying to accomplish. However, I tend to agree with you guys, he did paint with too broad a brush. I do not agree with charismania at all, but I'm willing to admit that there are two distinct camps in the movement and MacArthur failed to recognise the difference. There is a big difference between the theologically sound Pentecostal or even reformed pastor such as Piper, and a Benny Hinn or Todd Bentley and I don't believe it was fair to lump them together. It is also important to note that "Pastor" Driscoll was caught flat out lying. His appearance was nothing more than a pr stunt. He is caught on camera telling the security to take his books as a gift. Driscoll needs to repent

Sermon10/24/13 11:57 PM
Howard from philly  Contact via emailFind all comments by Howard
comments
“ CONTEXT,CONTEXT!! ”
I often check for you guy on sermon audio (And still will make no mistakes about it) but did you guys watch or listen to each session from start to finish....Granted he definitely swept with a wide broom,and some of the coins on the floor made it to the trash can by mistake....But add up the combine number of catholics,mormons,oneness penticostals,word of faith etc around the world who have a charismatic form of worship....Where God is still speaking!!...How can we say "scripture alone".....an then,plus some impression you claim God put on you heart as prophecy.....look i'll get the coins out the trash later!!

Sermon10/24/13 8:28 PM
Catherine chia from Singapore  Find all comments by Catherine chia
comments
Rev MacArthur is just asking the body of Christ to have discernment.our authority is sola scriptural.john said clearly in the conference that not all who are in the charismatic church are lost.He said the problem is with the charismatic theology.listen to him carefully.

Sermon10/24/13 6:26 PM
Krisztina F. from UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by Krisztina F.
comments
“ Interesting discussion! ”
You are right, MacArthur could have made it clearer that not all Charismatics are lost. However, it seems like you missed some of his sessions. I also would like to point out that Driscoll's book were not taken off him by security. There is video evidence to prove that.

Sermon10/24/13 9:36 AM

Kiss the Son or Else!
Sean E. Harris
This was good!! Will share with my kids...

Sermon10/23/13 9:44 AM
Pastor David from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor David
comments
Absolutely satirical take by the author, but the consequences of society's ideas are not so far removed from this outrageous example!

Sermon10/23/13 8:41 AM
Al from Boston  Contact via emailFind all comments by Al
Really like the application of proverbs to politics. Very good.

Sermon10/22/13 8:39 PM
gib ham from indianapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by gib ham
comments
I'm assuming this was written as satire in order to expose the hypocrisy of abortion? That's what I got out of it anyway

Sermon10/22/13 1:32 PM
Lady_Virtue from OKC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lady_Virtue
comments
“ Wow...just wow! ”
I listened to this without knowing exactly what to expect. Little did I know it would display such feminism and misandry, both of which are sins. Shedding man's blood requires that that man's blood be shed (Gen. 9:6). This is absolutely terrible, but, as you said, we've already started going down this road. God help us and turn us from our sin and save us.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 more

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM

Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..