Generations Radio | SermonAudio.com

FRIDAY
OCT 24, 2014
CommentsALL -1 hrs

Make a donation to this broadcaster!
More + Podcast + Codes
MyChurch: generations
Generations Radio
Kevin Swanson  |  Elizabeth, Colorado

Sermon12/28/13 5:17 PM
Olde Folderal from Sturm and Drang, Pennsylvania  Find all comments by Olde Folderal
comments
“ Polygamy Legal? Hooray for old-fashioned mormons ”
Wasn't there a group of Mormons that had broken away from the main group so that they could continue practicing polygamy? I guess they will be 'coming out of the woodwork' with the judges' ruling.

Sermon12/26/13 6:18 AM
mary  Find all comments by mary
Yes, please do this conference! I am a single mother who also cares fulltime (as well as part time work/study) for my elderly father who has advanced alzhiemers. I feel like an anomaly. Why aren't christians caring for their elderly, but instead are paying other people to do the duty that really belongs to them before God. They are missing out on a special blessing. Nothing can compete the joy of seeing your elderly loved one cared for and a part of the family, as I believe Jesus would have it. They are the forgotten people.

Sermon12/20/13 4:29 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
comments
I think what PHIL has said, may be an ANSWER TO PRAYER.. 50 years ago, it tooK ONE WOMAN to take prayer out of school, (even Jews didn't mind hearing MERRY CHRISTMAS,) 50 years later it's taking ONE MAN to try to 'put something CHRISTIAN back into society' I for one, do NOT like 'reality shows' but ITS possible that GOD allowed this forum to bring forth this discussion. I told my husband, after the Kennedy anniversary, "if we don't bring up a form of repentance by Dec 31st, were done" and a week before CHRISTMAS, Phil from Duck Dynasty came forth. He also looks 'stupid' to the liberals, with those 'nasty' beards, etc.even though he is a wealthy man if his show leaves the air, so what...at least CHRISTIANS are fighting back-- 50th year is the jubilee year

Sermon12/19/13 5:51 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
comments
When people tattoo themselves in weird places, and piercing their lips, don't you think that's pagan?! it would be just a matter of time, when drugs and fornication without restraint, that POLYGAMY would start up--hoping that incest wont start though..thats just GROSS (off topic) I think Miley Cyrus could have a form of schizophrenia--because I have a book she wrote called MILES TO GO-- and in the book, she wanted to read the BIBLE, and other normal stuff..(like missing her grandparents)--I've heard it starts from 18-21 if you are going to get it-and not before Recently, the dad from DUCK DYNASTY, has got into trouble, but many people like him and his show--its possible that It may 'change' for a while, or many may start to read their bibles--(he is so odd that he reminds me of a 'john the baptist' eating weird things, and living in weird places)

Sermon12/18/13 3:44 PM
Jeanette Davis from iowa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jeanette Davis
comments
I'm a stay at home mom who loves her children and are raising my girls to be a stay at home wife and mother. I see the break down of the home and don't want that for my children. Sadly even amongst Christians, my view if foreign. I'm thankful that the Lord open my eyes to the dangers of working outside the home. I grew up in a feministic home, got saved when I was 20 and God has changed my life, my ideals, my desires. I'm so thankful! It is definitely worth the sacrifice.

Sermon12/16/13 4:17 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
hmmmm: with america pushing same sex marriage, i believe America might PUSH POLYGAMY NEXT. What is sad, the feminists will push americans into leaving the home, starting a career without a man,making 75k+ and later, when their daughters cant find one, will SHARE a WEALTHY or at least a guy with either multi skilled (many guys today cant even change their tires much less oil in cars) or one making 100k. Not now of course, what might happen in the 2020s

Sermon12/12/13 6:24 AM
Rick Habecker from Central Texas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rick Habecker
comments
I'm amazed that from a business/profit motive sense that movie makers don't make more pro-family films. Every time they do the box office returns are near or record breaking in proceeds. Yet, Hollywood ignores that insisting instead on films that glorify man & his carnal nature.

Sermon12/10/13 8:14 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
comments
I NEVER WATCHED modern movies since the late 90s, reluctantly...except for movies like COURAGEOUS I've even heard a talk show host whose kid wanted to watch a movie "c'mon dad, there is only a FEW F-BOMBS in it.. no big deal" he answered him: "what if I gave you a really big 6 inch chocolate chip cookie BUT it only has a few bits of dog crap in it, would YOU eat it ?" the HAYES CODE wasn't that bad..because until 1966, taking GODS NAME IN VAIN was OFF LIMITS

Sermon12/10/13 8:00 PM
Todd Schmidt  Contact via emailFind all comments by Todd Schmidt
comments
“ Rapture and Coming Earthly Kingdom ”
The reason Kevin and Dave don't mention the imminent rapture of the church (I Thess. 4) and the coming of a literal earthly kingdom where Christ rules and reigns for 1,000 years is because they don't believe those things to be true in Scripture. They have a different eschatology.

Sermon12/9/13 11:20 PM
SF from TX  Find all comments by SF from TX
comments
We're expecting our 4th life birth..I've had three hospital births-1 with the epidoural and 2 without. This one will be a homebirth and I'm so.excited!!! The care I receive from my midwife is better then what my Dr gave. The birthing process is an amazing thing that leaves me an awe of my Creator! I hope to become a midwife after my children are grown. Right now it would take me away from my God given role far to much. And ist it funny how homebirthing ad home educating go along wth each other?!

Sermon12/7/13 7:29 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
comments
hmm is it possible that rap/ hip hop is similar to a form of COUNTRY MUSIC..? except the grabbing of crotch. remember the JOHNNY CASH song A BOY NAMED SUE? did he SING or RAP the 'melody' and played the guitar throughout I say this because many blacks, (since I am one, I could say this) came from the old south, and early rappers never sang, but 'talked' just like SQUARE DANCE CALLERS through the music. In the late 70s, when DISCO started to die, they had to think of something else, that was cheap and didn't require a complete band. Even early rappers were DISCO DJs and didn't get on stage like modern rappers Its possible that young people are getting dangerous (for men) antidepressants because of the misuse of their sexuality and the soul ties that ensues--80% of the wild men who shot up buildings and people were on these, starting with COLUMBINE High School while women on them tend to not have this problem, but are without a boyfriend or husband, unlike previous generations. They even use the term SINGLE when they are without a boyfriend when the previous generations would say they are single until they are MARRIED, NOT IN LIMBO (similar to a 14-25 yo).. in fact, its not a good way to raise a family for more than one generation

Sermon12/7/13 4:16 PM
Sarah from London UK  Find all comments by Sarah
comments
A real eye opener With all due respect to the commenter who said that apartheid should never have been overturned. I think you are confusing the way in which things are run in South Africa with skin colour and not by religion. At the end the day, the system was evil and needed to be overturned. If you are a Christian and read your bible, then you would understand that apartheid was not biblically mandated by God and therefore was just as bad as abortion. It was man elevating himself as God and determining that another person was not good enough based on his skin colour. Apartheid therefore was an extreme offense to God and unless those people who supported and were for this evil system repent and accept Jesus, they too will perish. What South Africa really needed was a truly born again Christian to take over South Africa. On the contrary in spite of his obvious beliefs, I still believe that the whites in South Africa should be grateful to Nelson Mandela. What if he had really turned Mugabelike and seek to wipe you all out. If there is a white genocide happening in South Africa, it is more to do with his successors and not the man himself.I really do hope that he Mandela seeked after Christ towards the end and went though a heart change.

Sermon12/7/13 8:36 AM
Michael Hranek from Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
comments
It is entirely accurate that the Hunger Game books/movies do not have a Biblical Worldview. BUT do we? It is so easy to profess to be a Christian and yet follow the hyporcisy of the Pharisees who sought to impose an external righteousness upon others. The fictional Hunger Game books, entertainingly can remind us to REMEMBER WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS, in these books there were two tyrannts one from the Capitol and one from the rebellious District 13 For us as believers we so need the grace of God to have the work of the Spirit and the word in our hearts so that we genuinely live by faith in Christ, our Savior and Lord, the very best of all Masters, who is worthy of being the first and foremost love of everyone who has ever lived or ever will. Something we do not need "magistrates" to impose upon us externally but "Preachers/Prophets" to declare the Truth of Christ to us from the Scriptures that Romans 10:13-15,17 in context would be a blessed experiential reality to us saved by God and for God.

Sermon12/6/13 10:01 PM
John McCaffery from Warragul, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by John McCaffery
comments
Dear Sir, I enjoyed very much the interview with Kevin Swanson. In response: Why are Christians hated so much? Why would the communists get along better with the Muslims? It is actually quite simple. In the mind of the communists, Islam is like a tool that supports control of man. As well, there are many denominations that claim to be Christian that would align well with the communists. Ultimately though, all these” isms” are aimed at controlling man, where Christ sets us free. As an example, the communists can penetrate and negotiate with the leaders of Islam and viola; they have a powerful team member. It is not possible to infiltrate and corrupt a leadership in Christ – God will not be subordinate to man. Each Christian has a personal relationship with God – how do you control this? Remember that Caesar did not kill the Christians because they claimed to be Christian, but rather because they placed their leadership above Caesar. As we know, man can only be free in Christ, and a personal relationship with God is something we can all have in common. Halleluiah! Sincerely, John McCaffery

Sermon12/6/13 1:08 PM
chefjim from Gloucester  Contact via emailFind all comments by chefjim
comments
“ Wow ”
Kevin and Dave, I wasn't expecting such a sobering dose of reality when I clicked on today's link. This message is what keeps me coming back to Generations Radio. Every day of my life it seems that the world goes deeper into decay and you have shined light on this fact today by pointing out that this downward decline can be seen everywhere, even in the way people dress compared to how they used to dress. There is a yearning in me for righteousness and purity and it can't be found in everyday life, no, but instead the opposite! We who love God and desire what is pure and lovely are being overrun it seems, by a deteriorating and dying world. What can we do but get on our knees and beg God for respite? How is that respite going to come? It is found in the third line of the Lord's prayer...THY KINGDOM COME! I don't long for revival...I don't long for the US gov't to elect righteous men and for the world to clean up it's act so my grandkids have a nice world to live in, I long for HIS COMING! Why don't you ever talk about His Kingdom coming, Kevin and Dave? The things you talk about are always spot on but you leave out the most anticipated (and imminent) event in Christendom...The Rapture of the church and the coming of the Bridegroom.

Sermon12/5/13 4:10 PM
Michael H from Helena  Find all comments by Michael H
comments
“ Super List! ”
Thanks for the list Kevin! If I mention listening to a sermon by one of the Sproul clan to someone of my church family, the eyes roll and suddenly something seems stuck in their throat. I'm so sick of it. We cry "Unity!" But what those people generally mean is "Rally to me, you sinners!" God leads my family and has used many people to show us His truths - there might even be a few of them on your list! ;)

Sermon12/4/13 7:39 PM
Lady Day  Find all comments by Lady Day
comments
Internet: FACESHNOOK: people think they are shnooks if they dont have a good time, and think their friends are having it better from their profile SPITTER: another problem, when people use their slashtags, or 'sharps' to condemn others BOO TUBE: another problem, when people punch others, think its funny, and record it INSTASHAM: when people take doctored pictures, or stick their picture on another persons head, thanks to PHOTOCHOP... I SAY THIS because no one ever talks to one another anymore--and don't forget txtn, which is making young people try to txt a business letter for a new job...? could millenials be the last generation?

Sermon11/27/13 10:42 AM
MS  Find all comments by MS
comments
“ ”
I agree 100% with chefjim! To even talk of such things is shameful for disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a low ebb we are in!

Sermon11/26/13 5:45 PM
Still Waters Revival Books from Edmonton, Alberta  Protected NameFind all comments by Still Waters Revival Books
comments
“ A Christian Defense of Liberty Against Tyrants ”
Also see these free resources: THE RIGHT OF CIVIL RESISTANCE (AGAINST TYRANTS), COVENANTING AND ICONOCLASM IN REFORMATION THOUGHT http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details3.asp?ID=22913 or http://ow.ly/rdjrB and BIBLICAL CIVIL GOVERNMENT VERSUS THE BEAST; AND, THE BASIS FOR CIVIL RESISTANCE By Greg Price http://www.swrb.com/newslett/actualNLs/bibcg_gp.htm or http://ow.ly/rdjDL.

Sermon11/26/13 5:34 PM
comments
“ John Calvin's Mature View On Resistance To Tyranny ”
The following quote speaks of John Calvin's mature thinking about resistance to illegitimate civil rulers. "One factor behind this rising tension was that Huguenot political rhetoric had required a decidedly anti-royalist tone during the second and third civil wars. While Calvin’s Institution of the Christian Religion seemed to suggest that private citizens owed their obedience even to an ungodly king -- only lesser magistrates could legally oppose the authority of a wicked king -- his biblical commentaries published late in his life offered more intriguing possibilities. In his Readings on the Prophet Daniel first published in 1561, Calvin argued that when Daniel refused to obey King Darius, ‘he committed no sin’, since whenever rulers disobeyed God, ‘they automatically abdicate their worldly power’. Calvin went even further in his Sermons on the Last Eight Chapters of the Book of Daniel published posthumously in 1565. Describing the same biblical incident, Calvin argued that when Kings defy God, ‘they are no longer worthy to be counted as princes… [And] when they raise themselves up against God… it is necessary that they should in turn be laid low’." - Mack P. Holt, The French Wars of Religion 1562-1629, (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1995, 2005), p. 78.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more

Lin Brown
Lovest Thou Me More

Grace Particular Baptist

Blog 10/23/14
When God Changes your Plans

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;the heart of man plans his way, but the lord...

Blog 9/20/14
Protestant Gender Hypocrisy

Grace Community International
dear prayer warr­iors, a friend who as an educ­at­or...

See Why ISIS Is Faithful To the Koran

See Why ISIS Foll­ows the Koran, Muh­amm­ad, Etc. - & So-C­alled "Mod­er­ate" Musl­ims Don't
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Westminster Assembly's Grand Debate

Prepub 19.95 +s/h. Papers on Congr­eg­at­ion­al­ism/ Presbyt­er­ian­ism. 12/14 Napht­ali Press
www.naphtali.com/news

Sponsor: Extra $100 Off Puritan Hard Drive Now
www.PuritanDownloads.com/sw..

It is but a short step from the critical to the hypocritical. ... Anonymous

City: Las Vegas, NV