Bob Jones University | SermonAudio.com

More + Podcast + Codes
Live Webcast | Info | Demo
MyChurch: chapelhour
Bob Jones University
Steve Pettit  |  Greenville, South Carolina

Sermon5/30/11 9:13 PM
Pastor Sean Harris from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Pastor Sean Harris
Evidences of Genuine Faith
Dr. Mark Minnick
comments
“ Certainly Needed Today ”
One cannot help but wonder the degree to which leading people in a prayer that is supposed to assure one of salvation contributes directly to the problem Dr. Minnick addresses in this sermon. How many people, when wrestling with their salvation, have been falsely assured of salvation based on something like, "did you ask Jesus in your heart?" To which the person says "yes" and he is assured of salvation without asking legimate questions concerning the presence of genuine faith. Questions like, "Are you crazy about Jesus?" Or, "does the story of redemption evoke within you authenticate feelings of love and gratitude toward your Savior?" The application of 1 John 2:19 is quite appropriate. And given more time Dr. Minnick no doubt would have included Peter's call for us to make our election sure (2 Peter 1:10) or Paul's directive for Christians to examine themselves (2 Cor 13.5). To me Matthew 7:21 is one of the scariest verses in the Bible, for Jesus said "many in that day" how many is many when Jesus asks the question? Dr. Minnick works the numbers down to 10% falling away. But we all know it is ridiculous to suggest that 90% of any collective body of believers is converted. This message must be preached by all w/ a call to repent/believe the gospel without praying another prayer.

Sermon5/28/11 11:02 PM
Gini from Edmonton, Alberta  Find all comments by Gini
How Do I Forgive
Dr. Jim Binney
comments
I was greatly blessed by this sermon. Thank you, Dr. Binney! May our God richly bless your ministry.

Sermon5/12/11 10:35 AM
Dan Fortner from Mt Airy, Georgia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dan Fortner
The Man Who Went to Hell
Walter Burrell
comments
I knew this great man for the last few years of his life. He was a great preacher and father, I look forward to seeing him again someday when I get to Heaven.

Sermon4/25/11 10:43 PM
William Simmons from Warwick, RI  Contact via emailFind all comments by William Simmons
Quieting a Noisy Soul
Dr. Jim Berg
comments
“ Well needed message. ”
The message truly touched my heart as I deal with noise in my spirit, that is self made. But Jesus will hive us rest. Thank you foe the message from God's word.

Sermon4/2/11 8:54 AM
Christian Raas from Switzerland  Find all comments by Christian Raas
Excellent! To the point, biblical and compassionate. We need more sound preaching like this.

Sermon3/30/11 5:26 PM
May H from Midwest  Find all comments by May H
The God of All Comfort
Dr. Bob Jones III
“ Thanks for this! ”
Keeping BJU in our prayers. We love you, Dr. Bob.

Sermon3/28/11 2:46 PM
Renee Wilkins from Raleigh, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Renee Wilkins
comments
What an incredible story of God's plan for each and every one of us. Thank you so much for sharing. I have sent the link to the audio of your sermon to others. Thank you again and God Bless!

Sermon3/27/11 3:54 PM
Alyssa Robarge from Bob Jones University  Find all comments by Alyssa Robarge
Addicts Unanimous
Dr. Jim Berg
comments
A WONDERFUL sermon about God's love for us to turn from our addictions to SIN and turn to Him for enjoyment. Everyone should also take advantage of the program he is writing for addicts to sin. It is a process of having victory over an addiction one ha.

Sermon3/27/11 11:53 AM
Joan H from South Carolina  Find all comments by Joan H
Addicts Unanimous
Dr. Jim Berg
comments
“ Pertinent for everyone!! ”
Very convicting! Very encouraging!

Sermon3/24/11 5:19 PM
Maxine Anderson from Anacortes,Washington  Contact via emailFind all comments by Maxine Anderson
Becoming Like Christ
Dr. Rand Hummel
comments
Thank you for making this available to me. What a blessing it has been ! I would love to have a DVD to share with others and will pursue that on line. Thanks again and God bless you.

Sermon3/23/11 5:04 PM
Heather Mayo from BJU  Contact via emailFind all comments by Heather Mayo
comments
I was privileged to hear Dr. Horn preach often when I was a student at what was then Northland Baptist Bible College (now Northland International University) and Dr. Horn was a member of the Administration. This message was a tremendous encouragement to me and I'm sure it was and will be used of the Lord in the lives and hearts of many of the Lord's people. Thank you, Dr. Horn, for letting the Lord use you and speak his Word through you in such a transparent way!

Sermon3/23/11 1:10 PM
Guillermo Hortta  Find all comments by Guillermo Hortta
Thank you!

Sermon3/22/11 1:43 PM
Bonnie  Find all comments by Bonnie
I listened to this sermon on site at BJU and my first thought was, he's addressing men, so I can tune out. But it really showed me what to look for in a guy and also challenged me to teach my children one day. This is such an important issue! Dr. Potter said that we should never underestimate the impact we can make in our nation just by instructing our own families. I think every parent and even every single person who hopes to be a parent should listen to this sermon.

Sermon3/21/11 12:50 PM
Enid Laird from BH25 5TA UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by Enid Laird
Evidences of Genuine Faith
Dr. Mark Minnick
comments
“ Timely ! ”
Although addressed to college students, this is equally applicable to all, of any age, who claim to be 'Christian' in these days as we see such apathy and darkness all around. Thanks be to God for faithful servants and for evidence that the Holy Spirit is still working within them in a tired world.

Blog3/20/11 8:49 PM
Richard H from Maryland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Richard H
comments
Tonight was my first time to attend a BJU Bible Conference Service via the live webcast. It brought back many wonderful memories as a student 38 years ago. It was especially good to see and hear Dr. Bob III. Thank you for making it possible for others to be blessed so many miles away.

Sermon3/14/11 5:54 PM
José Carlos Baptista from Curitiba- Paraná - Brazil  Contact via emailFind all comments by José Carlos Baptista
comments
I Really loved this message!!!! Why You do not put others like this to bless the Christ´body?

Sermon3/3/11 9:28 AM
Mark L. Ward, Jr. from Greenville, SC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mark L. Ward, Jr.
Man's Wisdom vs God's Wisdom
Dr. Brent Cook
“ Eloquent BJU Chapel Message ”
I have heard many excellent BJU chapel messages; I am somewhat of a connoisseur. This one, honestly, sits at the top of the list. Dr. Cook preached God's Word clearly, and he did so in a way that made it apparent how the truths of 1 Cor 1–2 would work in evangelism.

Sermon2/26/11 7:28 PM
viv gregory from australia  Find all comments by viv gregory
comments
Thanks for claity on these verses. So now I need to put it into practice.

Sermon2/10/11 5:26 AM
Jackie from London  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jackie
Anxiety: The Silent Killer
Dr. Jim Berg
comments
“ Amazing amazing amazing! ”
Anxiety was killing me, I think I could have made a career out of it because as the Pastor said, nobody pulls us up on it, as they would other sins. So anxiety just carried on in me, and I would have to say had gradually gotten worse and I didn't realise it. But AMEN to Dr Berg who had preached this amazing sermon on a topic that seems so trivial. This sermon is so clear, so Biblical, so practical, and so applicable that I'm going to play it to my non Christian friend who suffers with the same problem. This sermon is so universal because though we can all suffer from the same sins, there are some that people don't view as sins, but the way anxiety can control and hinder ones life, one cannot help but want to be free from it. Thank you Lord for using Dr Berg to open my eyes, and freeing me from the shackles of anxiety and worry. May God continue to bless and use you.

Sermon2/3/11 12:43 PM
Mike Wegman from Rochester, NY  Find all comments by Mike Wegman
When Life Caves In
Dr. Bob Jones III
Been listening to Bob Jones III a lot lately. This has been my favorite sermon so far! a great message for anyone going through a trial.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more

To God Be the Glory
Scott T. Brown
Forsaken

Matthew
Hope Baptist Church

The Compassion of Christ
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Rising Protestant Magisterium

Pilgrims Covenant Church
Sunday - AM

Kevin Swanson
The Vatican and Homosexuals

Who Will Stand for Truth?
Generations Radio

Blog 9/20/14
Protestant Gender Hypocrisy

Grace Community International
dear prayer warr­iors, a friend who as an educ­at­or...

Westminster Assembly's Grand Debate

Prepub 19.95 +s/h. Papers on Congr­eg­at­ion­al­ism/ Presbyt­er­ian­ism. 12/14 Napht­ali Press
www.naphtali.com/news

Sermon: How will all Israel be saved?
Pastor James Mansfield