Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 1,174 total user comment(s)

Sermon6/6/14 7:59 PM
Spqr3 from Philadelphia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Spqr3
comments
Good commentary on a sad subject. Thank you for the Scriptures and even a couple of historical references.

Sermon6/3/14 3:38 PM
s c from Oh  Find all comments by s c
comments
“ green,green grass ”
I,respectfully,disagree with Cezar.A happy marriage is an ideal and all marriages will experience ups and downs. "The grass is always greener on the other side"- so most people think who haven't seen all the manure that it takes to get it that way. Husbands and wives beware.Any communication between members of the opposite sex should be accessible to their partners. After all,it is already in full view of God.

Sermon6/3/14 10:16 AM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
“ Disturbing ”
In the West, where we often deny the existence of the supernatural, this is probably how a manifestation of demonic influence is seen. Just think about cultures in Africa or Asia - is it not obvious the demonic influence in those cultures? It just seems more obviously spiritual because people there believe in spirits.

Sermon6/2/14 6:02 PM
Cezar from Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
comments
If the simple act of texting or talking on the net can break up a relationship, then it was never happy to begin with.

Sermon6/2/14 5:33 PM
Joseph Henson from Fairfax, Va.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Joseph Henson
comments
I love his comment on illustrations (rule 8). So much precious time is wasted on silly illustrations, many of which are incompatible with the mood and gravity of the text itself.

Sermon5/29/14 4:20 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
People stumble over "He learned obedience" (Heb 5:8); yes Jesus learned something. People today have a hard time with the humanity of Jesus much like those in NT times. Peter was scandalized twice by Jesus' actions (speaking about being rejected and executed like a criminal, and a servant who washed his dirty feet). Jesus a friend of sinners, accused of being a glutton and a drunkard, touching lepers, allowing bleeding women to touch Him; having a heavy heart nearly to the point of death (sad/depressed?); asking the Father for a last minute change of the divine plans if it was possible; YET WITHOUT SIN. GOD in the flesh scandalizes people but it is essential to salvation to believe this (1 Tim 3:16, 1 John 4:2, 2 John 7). Now what is a mistake; misspelling words, tripping over someone's feet, mispronunciation, striking out? I wouldn't call those sins. Some Christians calls everything a sin; some don't call anything a sin. Which makes my point: when it comes to sin we are the sin professionals par excellence; not Jesus. But is every mistake and error a sin? "To err is human to forgive is divine." Jesus, the sinless God/man! This brings me back to His baptism; He didn't need to do it; but in doing it sinless Jesus identified Himself with sinful me; and that was no mistake!

Sermon5/28/14 1:10 PM
DL from Oklahoma  Find all comments by DL
Thank you for expressing what I have felt for years!

Sermon5/23/14 10:12 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to vague reply of 'princess' ”
Which verse in Matthew 7 applies to Mahaney and Harris?

Sermon5/23/14 12:54 PM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
comments
“ Reply to Bill ”
Matthew 7, Jeremiah 29 How are they so not, Pastor?

Sermon5/21/14 9:09 AM
comments
“ Reply to Princess ”
Apostate? How are they so?

Sermon5/20/14 6:39 PM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
comments
“ No Excuses ”
Familiar with their (church and school) practices. Apostate! I will not excuse them. Just because they "profess" Christianity means nothing -- many do the same. Examine the fruit and the fruit isn't based on what they put in their books. Anyone can write a "Christian" book. There is something seriously wrong in the churches today and shame on anyone, including myself, who are not able or willing to forsake all others and follow Christ Jesus.

Sermon5/20/14 3:42 PM
Skyriter from UK  Find all comments by Skyriter
Post Tribulation Thieves of Joy
Sean E. Harris
comments
Jesus puts the rapture on the last day (John 6). Paul places it at the last trump (1 Cor 15), Revelation puts the resurrection after the tribulation (Rev 20:6), Jesus is coming as a thief after the tribulation (Rev 16:15), the Day of the Lord comes after the sun and moon are darkened (Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20). Paul exhorts the Church to watch for the Day of the Lord (1 Thess 5). 2 Thess 2:1 ties the 2nd Coming and the "gathering" together as the same event after the man of sin is revealed. The word Parousia (coming) is common to both Matt 24 and 1 Thess 4. I could go on and on. The evidence for a post-trib rapture is so overwhelming it defies belief anyone could believe otherwise. But no, apparently there will be 2 resurrections of the dead in Christ, 2 2nd Comings, 2 last days, 2 last trumps, Jesus will be coming as a thief twice, ... Everything is duplicated for the convenience of sparing the Church the tribulation. Completely bonkers. Oh, and nice work guys.

Sermon5/18/14 10:17 PM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
Future Grace Impacts Us Now
Sean E. Harris
“ I hear you ”
They don't understand because they are "professing" Christians. So therefore they sit like bumps on a log. Churches today are filled with mostly bumps. Preach to us sheep please. Preach the Word and leave the rest to GOD. Feed His sheep.

Sermon5/18/14 6:14 PM
Cezar from Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
Bundy's Civil Disobedience
Sean E. Harris
“ Bundy Issue ”
You need to update your comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoRkmCQJewU http://theblacksphere.net/2014/4/black-marine-clive-bundy-no-racist If more people would stand up to unconstitutional laws there wouldn't be any.

Sermon5/18/14 7:23 AM
Henry Walter Holt Jr from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameFind all comments by Henry Walter Holt Jr
“ Right on point. ”
Dave, I think your piece nailed it. Mob rule, even on the internet, is a terrifying thing. I wonder how long it will be before SermonAudio will be declared hateful and forced to shut down for its homophobic, Islamaphobic, anti-world views? Just the Intolerant-tolerant Left continuing their rhetoric, "You can say and do what you want; as long as your views agree with ours. If they do not, we will hunt you down and destroy you!" Was this what we fought 75 years ago in Europe or am I just continuing to propagate the male WASP picture of history? I don't know, I guess I am just one of those "unenlightened, creationists who have hung their hopes on a distorted myth". I guess I need to return to the public universities so I can have my antiquated ideas remolded by the enlightened professors putting forth the same ideas. By doing this I will not even need to think for myself! My benevolent government will tell me what I need to think! Naha. I believe i won't allow the lefties tell me what to think. I'll just stay unenlightened and not run with the lemmings.

Sermon5/17/14 7:51 AM
avidlistener  Find all comments by avidlistener
comments
“ Interesting Sermon! ”
....25% were starving and has been starving for years and yet it is the 75% that creates and passes the food distribution laws for 100% of the nation. There is definitely an imbalance. A better example would be to say American Christians will never fully understand what persecuted Christians around the world go through on a daily basis until that extreme persecution befall them and their families. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Sermon5/17/14 7:32 AM
avidlistener  Find all comments by avidlistener
comments
“ Interesting Sermon! ”
I began listening to this but I couldn't finish. I am black and I consider myself conservative. I am also fundamental in my Christian beliefs. My pastor is white and so is most of the people that attend my church. I attend an independent Baptist KJB church. I understand that even for Christians it is difficult to speak on the issues of race and not take a defensive viewpoint. We are sinful men and we will always defend our "race" whether consciously or subconsciously. The best example I can give is if over 75% of this nation were well fed and had plenty to eat and 25% were starving

Sermon5/15/14 6:20 PM
B. McCausland from Northern Ireland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Sanctified thinking that goes along way! ”
Thanks for discussing sanctified attire. It is obvious the church is obsessed about portraying worldly images, rather than to reflect the image of a pure God in a fallen world. It is baffling to perceive how many fail to discern that showing cleavages or thighs, wearing cleaving items, bikinis/swimming suits, or unisex dress codes do not represent biblical values, but the world's.

Sermon5/14/14 1:24 PM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
10 Men Women Should NOT Marry
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Great List! ”
Speaking from experience, ditto from 1 - 10. The person who came up w/this list is right on. Spread the list to every woman because I was a "naive" Christian woman for a time. I have scars to prove. But, by God's great mercy and grace, I can speak about to others who are willing to listen - which not many are ready to hear. Great discussion.

Sermon5/14/14 3:04 AM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
comments
“ Good Discussion ”
It can go either way when it comes to parents not wanting their children to date outside their color group. My mother was a "professing" Christian and she did not want her children to marry a white person. I didn't mind one way or the other just as long as they "loved" each other I thought. But I also wasn't where I am today - born again from above by power of the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord. I've traveled many places and only but a few times felt the sting of racism. Each time when it occurred I felt sad for the other person because they didn't know - me. But as I grew in the Lord by the power of His Spirit, I understood the problem was the condition of their heart. What is in a person's heart will spill out - whether it be the fruit of the Spirit or fruit of the flesh (i.e., a hardened heart). I had compassion for them. I just left a church I attended for two years. The pastor was white and much of what he preached was what I considered hate speech towards blacks -- cloaked in his sermons. I never in all my life been subjected to this kind of abuse spilling out from the pulpit. Just about every Sunday he reminded the few there that we were black. He seemed to be bothered - always having something negative to say about black folk, their churches, Democrats, the President,

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more

Psalms 103:1-10

Glendale Missionary Baptist
Sunday - AM

Blog 11/18/14
Single for a Season

New York Gospel Mission
last wedn­esday galen and i went to a past­or&rsq­uo;s...

Sermon: God's Salvation Portrayed