Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 1,063 total user comment(s)

Sermon1/20/14 6:05 PM
carl haydock from england  Find all comments by carl haydock
comments
Thought provoking nif pastor bill. Thank you for being truley honest. Hope you dont get negative feedback. God bless

Sermon1/20/14 4:00 PM
s c from OH  Find all comments by s c
“ in the dark ”
This idea of "race" based upon melanin levels is so antiquated. I can't believe that people are still so ignorant or naive. A lot of these very prominent figures in our culture whose identities are rooted in the tone of their skin would benefit greatly by getting educated in the subject of race. Ken Ham has a wonderful site in regards to such.I think that it would also be highly beneficial if the commander in chief would accept the fact that he is a product of dark skin and fair skin. If any one has a problem with him, perhaps, just perhaps, it might have something to do with his leadership...just a guess.If the human race is ever to progress in terms of "racism",they'll have to drop the labels. Competence is not based upon melanin level..a newsflash!

Sermon1/20/14 1:54 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to Brent ”
Brent, Thanks for commenting. I want to caution you about deciding what's fair outside of the dictates of Scripture. Asking "how it is fair that Christ was punished for someone's sin yet they still go to Hell" is going from Biblical Theology to Systematic Theology--where we interpolate far more than we exegete. I would encourage you to consider a key point. If you cannot tell a sinner Christ paid for their sin then you have no Gospel to preach to them.

Sermon1/20/14 12:39 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
comments
I "amen" the comment "thank you for the honesty and transparency at the end of the sermon". IN FACT it moved me to put it into practice as I was hearing it. I was delivering the mail on the worst part of my route. The rental area -mostly duplexes- for Calvin College students. I have recently been so upset that this area never gets shoveled and I can't get to a mailbox without climbing out. Not just out, but up a snow hill. But just as I was listening to Pastor Bill's self-reflection I was convicted that I really needed to curb my tendency to be upset at my customers. In fact, I had a good conversation with a young student as he looked in despair at the pile of snow near his mailbox. I realized that they didn't shovel the pile there, it was being pushed there by the city plows and I shouldn't be upset with them. So I resolved at the same time I was hearing the pastor's words to put them into practice. For those of you who are in places like Greenville, and Fayetteville, you will just have to use your imagination what lake-effect snow looks like in Western Michigan. And may God give me more sin-mortifying grace. I have said this before but I am gaining so much respect for the pastors in your church.

Sermon1/19/14 4:39 AM
Lauri from Baltimore MD  Find all comments by Lauri
comments
I struggle mightily with finding a balance between loving other people the way Christ loves us and wanting to avoid victimization. Its so difficult to not give in to fleshly desires, especially if someone keeps saying the same things over and over again. We have to be taught that it's wrong to hit other peoplewh,en things don't go your way.

Sermon1/18/14 10:22 PM
comments
“ Reply to Preceding 3 Comments ”
Thanks to each of you, friend. Sometimes in our desire to "renounce hidden things of shame/dishonesty" (2 Corinthians 4:2), we force ourselves to be transparent. God only knows and imparts to us by His grace and through His Spirit how to do this.

Sermon1/18/14 6:37 AM
Krisztina F. from UK  Find all comments by Krisztina F.
Thanks for your honesty!

Sermon1/17/14 7:06 PM
comments
Just went to view the video at end of article. My question is, "I wonder who wrote his script." This is disturbing and wonder on the future of this church body.

Sermon1/17/14 3:30 PM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
“ Our flesh is ugly ”
Thank you for your honesty and transparency at the end of this commentary.

Sermon1/17/14 1:36 PM
Leatherneck from Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Leatherneck
comments
“ Great Sermon ”
Gentlemen, Thanks for your testimonies, we are all the same. My thoughts ego and tongue. Often I find myself apologizing. I hate sin!!! God Bless

Sermon1/17/14 7:23 AM
comments
“ Response to MS ”
Thanks for stopping in. Yes, this is certainly circus-like. It's not like we have tons of reputation money to spend with an already cynical and skeptical world.

Sermon1/16/14 7:28 AM
comments
“ Response to MichaelK ”
Brother Michael, The problem with Van Kampen's work (which I have read) is that it still argues for a two-phase second coming.

Sermon1/16/14 2:02 AM
G.E from Europe  Contact via emailFind all comments by G.E
comments
Very well said brother ..couldn't agree more. Get the dateing fascination out among the evanglicals as well as the ungodly divorces., then we can talk about the sin of Sodom

Sermon1/15/14 8:37 PM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
I very much agree that Bible training and mentorship is necessary. The type of degree and schooling will obviously vary. Also, going to Seminary does not guarantee that one is saved. I had a teacher in Bible College that was a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, but had not been born again until years later. I looked at his website just now. Picture after picture of himself, and talking about what he has accomplished. I saw no Scripture, mention of Jesus, or anything spiritual anywhere, Just, "Buy my book," or "Listen to me speak," and be blessed through me. Very sad.

Sermon1/15/14 6:10 PM
joshua b  Find all comments by joshua b
comments
Not to mention the complete disregard for Paul's qualifications for a pastor in his letter to Timothy. The ordaining of a pastor should not be so lightly considered as it is something that if not done by Gods standards can harm the gospel and bring unnecessary confusion to the body and those seeking truth

Sermon1/15/14 5:55 PM
El from California  Find all comments by El
comments
“ Amen brother! ”
Lots of hypocrisy on the subject of sexual sin in our churches. ALL sexual activity outside of biblical marriage, whether in thought or action, is sin. Divorce without biblical grounds is sin. Period. We need to repent and believe the gospel ourselves and then preach THAT message to everyone else.

Sermon1/15/14 5:04 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
comments
Very informative! Thank-you. Seems like a Punch and Judy show to me. I had to turn the video of him preaching off. My spirit would not receive it. :(

Sermon1/15/14 3:01 PM
Allie from Detroit  Find all comments by Allie
comments
Abortion and homosexuality keeps coming up because our society keeps bringing it up. They are beating the drum. Hence Larry King brought it up. We Christians need to stop being cowards and say what it is, sin. Everytime it is brought up to us we need to be clear and straight forward in our answer. As an aside, I never hear anyone ask a muslim that question or our politicians visiting muslim countries endorsing it.

Sermon1/14/14 4:53 PM
Lamplighter from UK  Find all comments by Lamplighter
“ Very Interesting. ”
There's so much compromise these days I half expected you to defend theistic evolution. Pleasant surprise to find you didn't. Good for you. You demonstrate very clearly it's less about technical science and more about the simple application of basic logic. This is why a believer can still hold to scripture in the face of such attacks, justified not merely by blind faith. In fact blinded by science is beginning to take on a whole new meaning for the opposing camp.

Sermon1/14/14 8:18 AM
Jonathan Tyson from MN  Find all comments by Jonathan Tyson
comments
I couldn't have agreed more. The standards for Physical Fitness are there to help the soldier maintain a certain endurance level. As an example, look at the movie "The Lone Survivor" if those men had been with a soldier who got in with lower standards, the movie might have only been 10 minutes long.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more

When I Survey the Wondrous...
Collingswood, NJ

Mark Pannell

Sam Powell
Union with Christ

Colossians
First Reformed Church

Russ Sukhia
Nature of God, Pt 5 (revised)

The Nature of God (Revised)
Liberty Church, PCA

Robert Rubino
1517 All Over Again!

Galatians 2:11-20
Fellowship Baptist Church

Jason Cooley
Hollywood: Satanic Roots

Hollywood Series
Old Paths Baptist Church

Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting

Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg