Calvary Bible Church | SermonAudio.com

directly on your device.
MyChurch: dtbm
Calvary Bible Church
Dr. John Barnett  |  Kalamazoo, Michigan

Sermon6/29/08 8:56 PM
Jenny from Leeds England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jenny
comments
“ Needs to heard by Catholic and Protestants ”
I was brought up in Catholic Ireland and I joined a Religious Order when I was 19. It was when I went to convert some Protestants that I engaged in a 6 month debate, that led to my conversion to the true Gospel. I now live in England and I am shocked at the amount of Catholics and Protestants that know littel or nothing about RC teachings. Most protestants do not even know why the are Protestants! When I inform people the true nature of RC teaching. Most are shocked! Some at first find it hard to believe when I tell them about the claims of the Papacy and her doctrines of works and lies. Its faith ++++. Many need to hear Dr Barnetts various sermons on RC.I now as a Protestant Theologian, intend to inform as many Catholics and Protestants as I can. Lets get the message out and stop being so passive and 'nice' Lets preach the truth with love,gentleness and firmness. I thank those Christians who with great patience taught me the true gospel of Christ. At first I was very upset and felt that I had been lied to as I realised that I could not go back to my Order and the RC Church. At first I was devesated as I loved the community I was in. But now I rejoice in the great love and freedom of Christ. Who shows Grace to the uttermost. Preach on Dr Barnett! I am with you!

Sermon2/9/08 7:41 PM
Michele  Contact via emailFind all comments by Michele
comments
“ A scary reality ”
I can't bear it when I think of people I love and people I've met and never met that may go to such a place. I don't understand why they don't see the reality of it. Have people you know listen to this sermon and perhaps they might be plucked from the fire.

Sermon2/9/08 1:00 PM
Suzy from UK  Find all comments by Suzy
David: Cleanse Me
Dr. John Barnett
“ Exceptional message, don't miss it ”
Scholarly research, vivid illustations, a warm concern for his hearers and a calm style of delivery make all of Pastor Barnett's sermons a joy. It is also useful that he gives a synopsis of each of his messages on Sermonaudio; it would be useful if all broadcasters did this.

Sermon1/30/08 6:14 PM
Saint terry evans from miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by Saint terry evans
comments
One of a kind, I first heard this sermon in 2004, within six months of rebirth, loved it. Would suggest all christians hear this sermon, no matter where you are in your walk. Sometimes the deeper you get into your studies you take your eyes off Jesus and kinda forget the Gospel. All on SA comment section should hear this. Pastor John starts by making you at ease then you hear his tone change, and he tells it like it is. Also Pastor Johns other sermon on SA Heaven! The Narrow Gate or The Broad Gate. Which path are you on? Pastor John MacArthur • Evangelism • 59 min. Matthew 7:13,14 • For God's Glory Mission Anyway to get more sermons on SA

Sermon12/23/07 5:25 AM
Peter Eichinger from Adelaide, Soouth Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Peter Eichinger
The Lost World
Dr. John Barnett
comments
“ Great Sermon and very thought provoking! ”
Your observations about the names of the patriarchs is indeed very interesting. The fact that Methusaleh is the oldest person in the Bible is surely meant to draw our attention to “His (Jesus) death shall bring” and what God was planning to do next. Noah was the sole survivor as God washed away the sin of the world. It clearly pointed to the future when “His (Jesus) death shall bring”. Jesus is the way of washing away sins without the need for another flood, as God promised! Do you think that the parting of the Red Sea and the subsequent washing away of Pharaoh’s army was meant to be a further indication or reminder that God would “wash away” the sinners. I can’t help but think that God is telling us that the covenant people were separated from the worldly Egyptian’s where a man (Pharoah) was “god”, just as Jesus will separate us from this world! Pharaoh was just acting like the devil trying to thwart God’s people in practising their worship (eg Moses wasn’t allowed to go to the wilderness to worship). I couldn’t help but think you purposefully left the sermon hanging, either to get people to go to the next instalment or to encourage them to think. Enoch did not die (raptured) implies that God’s teaching shall bless us to an end! How amazing!

Sermon10/16/07 8:15 PM
Caleb Wylie from New Zealand  Find all comments by Caleb Wylie
comments
“ Awesome Gospel Sermon! ”
Awesome sermon. Great to hear someone preaching the real truth of the gospel. If anyone is unsure exactly what the gospel is -listen to this.

Sermon10/8/07 7:12 PM
Sarah Poulin  Find all comments by Sarah Poulin
comments
When was this sermon recorded? John MacArthur sounds so young!!!

Sermon8/30/07 3:07 PM
Robert  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
comments
Amen! Thank you for this wonderful message! Yes, salvation is of the Lord!

Sermon7/25/07 8:13 PM
Chris Ross  Contact via emailFind all comments by Chris Ross
comments
Fantastic sermon with a great, and yet brief explanation of meditation followed by examples of what meditation is and how to do it. Quite challenging to slow down and digest God's word rather than graze madly. Chris Ross

Sermon7/7/07 9:22 PM
JOE PACE  Contact via emailFind all comments by JOE PACE
Life in the Minor Key
Dr. John Barnett
WHAT A BLESSING

Sermon7/3/07 12:38 AM
Ruth  Find all comments by Ruth
comments
Thank you very much for explaining the passage in 2 Corinthians 5:18-21 in such a clear and concise manner. I also appreciated your sense of humor!

Sermon6/22/07 11:25 PM
Bonnie  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bonnie
Life in the Minor Key
Dr. John Barnett
comments
God Bless You...This is so outstanding! In this time of our Lord's coming for His Bride, I find this sermon is so in need to fall on the body of Christ. Thank God for your wisdom from our Father. Thank you for letting us print this so timely a message. My sister in The Lord attempted suicide last night and The God Full of Mercy has spared her life. I will share this with her. My heart is full of Joy! Thank you Holy Spirit for revealing ALL Truth... GBU....Bonnie

Sermon6/17/07 11:19 AM
Romayne Wright  Contact via emailFind all comments by Romayne Wright
comments
“ Everyone should hear this one! ”
Once again you've spoken the Truth in love to those who need to be heavily reminded that if we have submitted to God and accepted Jesus as Saviour, that's not the end of our responsibilities before Him. I personally find it extremely hard to stay off my PC as I find I'm using it 24/7/4/52!! While I recognise it is only a tool, it's so useful and the internet in particular provides a huge resource that's hard to resist. However, I do try on Sundays at least, to not use it other than for listening to sermons, or studying my Bible course. It's the price we pay in our generation for the huge technological advances - that we have so much less time to just be still. Again, that's something I find truly hard to do, but God is equally hard to resist when He hits you in the face with a sermon like this and you know you have to work harder to work less!! God bless you for tackling the tough topics and presenting them in such a way as to help those who struggle, better understand both the problem, and the solution. :)

Sermon6/13/07 9:24 AM
dlytle  Contact via emailFind all comments by dlytle
comments
“ AHHHHH...Gotta Hear This!! ”
This is so hard to listen to and absorb but so very needed. I assure you...you'll have a greater sense of urgency for telling others the gospel after hearing to this message! I thank God for you, Dr. Barnett!! Keep on preaching the truth for His glory.

Sermon5/25/07 5:51 PM
Mary K.  Find all comments by Mary K.
This was very informative of what the world can soon expect. Loved the comparasion between Holocaust and the end days. We just hope we aren't alive during those 42 months of mass death. It's amazing to think about the stats that those on earth will have to deal with - it will make the Holocaust seem like nothing. Makes a case for evangelism - today!

Sermon5/20/07 6:10 AM
jude  Contact via emailFind all comments by jude
comments
“ Beautiful in it's simplicity ”
I have never heard a gospel message preached quite like this one. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation. It is in Christ alone through faith alone, which is also not of us. It is a gift of God. I am so blessed, to hear this. All of mans ways does not lead to salvation. They are burdensome, and send us straight to hell. Truly amazing love. I will listen to this many times.

Sermon5/10/07 1:54 PM
Larry Pan 陈鸽  Protected NameFind all comments by Larry Pan  陈鸽
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
It's so easy to follow along with the "evagelical" crowds and "ecumenical" leaders into a compromised "faith". MacArthur's message is a clarion call for us to wake up.

Sermon4/18/07 7:20 AM
Ed Cook from Hull, England, Great Britain  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ed Cook
“ Very informative. ”
Very useful message. Thanks.

Sermon4/12/07 12:08 AM
Colleen Bondeson from Gold Coast Australia  Find all comments by Colleen Bondeson
The SIMPLICITY of Devotion
Dr. John Barnett
comments
Thankyou for reminding me how important it is to read and meditate on Gods Holy Word and the practical application in changing your life with this discpline.How I needed to hear this sermon.

Sermon4/3/07 8:47 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Scott McMahan
comments
“ Exactly The Gospel ”
Particularly at the end, this sermon clarifies the difference between the Word of Faith and true gospel messages. I encourage anyone who is caught up in the Hagin-Copeland-Hinn-etc world to listen to this message and understand where the Word of Faith movement has gone wrong in their interpretation of the Bible. And learn the true gospel which saves!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Calvary Baptist Church

Ken Wimer
Idolatrous Works Religion

Book of Judges
Shreveport Grace Church

Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..