Institute of Biblical Defense | SermonAudio.com

Institute of Biblical Defense
Dr. Phil Fernandes  |  Bremerton, Washington

Sermon10/22/05 10:01 AM
Antonio Cervantes from Hialeah, FL
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Solid And Organized! ”
This is good stuff! Dr. Fernandes has put together a series that is both organized and instructional; it is full of historical evidence showing the true view of Jesus, Son of God and the countless, historical errors of Dan Brown's anti-Christian novel.

Sermon10/18/05 4:54 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
A Christian Perspective of Islam
Dr. Phil Fernandes
Thank you for this message regarding Islam. I knew some of their beliefs and ways, but you really helped me have a better understanding. May God bless you.

Sermon10/10/05 1:44 AM
Doug  Contact via email
Revelation, Part 1
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Sermon! Rev 1 ”
I would have to lean to the Preterist view. The message was given to the people of that day, and what was going to happen was to happen shortly, quickly. and so went out to the seven churches that were contemporaries of John.Throughout the new testament talk of them being in the last days(Of the Jewish covenant system,judgement,destruction of Jerusalem was clearly taught. Jesus said to his disciples that they would not finish going to all the cities of Israel before seeing him coming in his kingdom. Jesus coming in Judgement was no different than when God came in Judgement many times in the old testament.Much more could be said and explained so check out more on Preterism and you will be surprised.The bereans checked to see if what Paul was saying was true and so should should we.If you take an honest look at Preterism and scripture interpeting scripture your faith will be deepened.Thanks and God bless you as we grow in grace and Knowlege.

Sermon9/20/05 2:37 AM
G. S. Hillius from Lancaster, PA
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Informative And Organized ”
I agree with a few of the other commentators that this is probably the best overview on the DaVinci Code. Its the most informative lecture I have heard thus far on the topic -despite the speaker's occasional rambling. He still maintains enough focus to put together an otherwise excellent presentation.

Sermon9/2/05 1:26 PM
Kyle P. from Rockford, IL
comments
Pretty cool. Makes me think more about the different views on the rapture and it's timing around the Tribulation period. Entertaining to listen to with the Bronx-Brooklyn accent. He doesn't sound like a regular minister to me.

Sermon8/27/05 5:26 PM
Dan from Nebraska
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Helpful look into heresy ”
I really appreciated Dr. Fernandes' overview of the DaVinci Code. All that I knew before was that it promoted untruths about Christianity. A friend at work has urged me to read it and is reading it now. I am glad to have heard some information with which I can try to counter the claims of the book. However, I found that Dr. Fernandes style a bit rambling (while still informative) and he sometimes ventures into mocking for the crazy beliefs of some -- these two aspects make it hard for me to recommend this as a listen for non-believers / more liberal Christians.

Sermon7/29/05 7:31 PM
Valerie Ann Esterbrook from Edmond, Oklahoma
Signs To Look For
comments
Good prophecy sermon. The information was very helpful.

Sermon7/17/05 3:29 PM
Jessica Dawson from Canada  Contact via email
Biblical Advice on Handling Stress
comments
Dr. Fernandes helps the listener to build helpful strategies, against allowing worry to control your life.

Sermon6/27/05 11:45 AM
Lonnie McCallister Ph.D. from Burnaby, B.C. Canada
Revelation, Part 1
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Good Systematic Presentation ”
Dr.Fernandes' point by point, exegetical analysis is sharp, evoking deep reflection of God's Word. This pastor is well versed in the scriptures and is obviously a highly educated theologian. I have listened to many uninspiring pastors who come across to me as superficial with little to offer intellectually and spiritually. This teacher has not disappointed me. I am looking forward to listening to his remaining sermons on Revelation.

Sermon6/26/05 6:01 PM
Tim from Minneapolis
Revelation, Part 1
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ College-level material! ”
This is solid classroom teaching.

Sermon6/23/05 6:52 PM
Kara Biru from Ghana
comments
Your sermon was very helpful. You search the Bible to see if a doctrine is so. And you remain kind and respectful to other views. I never believed in secret return of Jesus before His Second Coming. Many American missionaries do, too bad. Thank you.

Sermon6/16/05 2:42 AM
Michael del Rosario from Manila, Philippines  Contact via email
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
comments
Dear Dr. Fernandes: I would like to request a printed copy of your sermon about the Da Vinci code. The teacher of my 14-year old daughter was heralding it like an alternative bible. I told my daughter that it is satanic but I lack the information to prove so. I would appreciate your help. Your brother in the common faith.

Sermon6/13/05 11:15 PM
Marcel from Canada  Contact via email
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ A timely message! ”
Great message which Christians need to hear! I also recommend the other 2 messages in the series. Mr. Fernandes is a good apologist. http://www.timeforchrist.ca

Sermon6/11/05 8:37 AM
Elmer from Susanville, CA
Globalism and the War in Iraq
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Great Interview! ”
Apparently, many high ranking "leaders" within the American government, especially the executive branch (whether a Republican or Democrat administration, it hasn't mattered.) have embarked on a not-so-subtle agenda for global government via regional governance "trade" pacts ( NAFTA, FTAA, CAFTA ), UN resolution WMD disarmament enforcement( UN Iraq Resolution 1441 ), and the fairly recent creation of other international bodies and "treaties" ( ICC, African Union-like the EU, UN Law of Sea Treaty, etc.) Our "leadership" is busy closing American bases while simultaneously opening permanent bases in foreign lands for UN/NATO purposes in Bosnia, Kosovo, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, ad nauseum. As a John Birch Society member and a Reformed Baptist, I find Fernandes' interview with William Norman Grigg of The New American a welcome breath of fresh air within the American evangelical Christian community. It is my hope that fellow Christians will take notice and help to save our country and civilization- before it is too late.

Sermon6/6/05 10:20 AM
Augustine from USA
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ A Great Sermon and part of a Great Series!! ”
This series is well thought out and well presented. It would be great if we could download a printed copy of all three messages. This is valuable apologetic material.

Sermon6/6/05 6:31 AM
E du Plessis from South Africa
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ An overview of the Da Vinci Code ”
I have read the Da Vinci Code and was left with a lot of unanswered questions -Especially with what can be regarded as "fact" and also what the Church's response is wrt certain (very uncomfortable) statements made in the book. Your sermons were blesssings; answers to my prayers that God reveal the truth (with empirical evidence)to me. HE is the only Truth and the Light; thank you for being instruments in His hand!

Sermon6/2/05 10:59 PM
Nick Ganz from Maryland
comments
Good biblical exegesis on the post-trib rapture position. I started off as a new Christian thinking that the pre-trib rapture view was the only position Christians were suppose to accept. After reading Millard Erickson and George Ladd, I began to ask myself some hard questions on whether the biblical text actually supported the dispensational pre-trib view. Thanks to Dr. Fernandes and others, I would have to believe, without reservation, that the historic Premillennial (post-trib) view agrees much better with the biblical text.

Sermon3/27/05 7:29 AM
Michael Lindner from Kyoto, Japan  Contact via email
Better To Give Than Receive
Dr. Phil Fernandes
Nice message. What a positive outlook into the Scriptures. I am encouraged to continue on as a tentmaker here. By the way, my boss wants to fix me up with a single Japanese Christian, as neither of us are yet married. Please pray, as these introductions are serious in the Japanese culture. It is called "omiai." Pray for God's direction, as it would be what we both want, being both committed Christians. Sincerely, Michael Lindner

Sermon3/15/05 3:28 PM
Justin Demeere
comments
I loved this sermon and they way you point to scripture of your Post-Trib thoughts. However I have come to another conclusion and hope you consider it. I fought with myself for a while now with the notion of Pre-Trib or Post. I have come to the conclusion that it must be Pre-Trib and no other explanation. I have come across a very good site to explain the same thing I found. I hope this will be good information for anybody searching like I was. http://www.raptureready.us Tribulation specific http://www.raptureready.us/rapturemain.htm And in defense of Pre-Trib which I honestly believe is the case now. http://www.raptureready.us/defending.htm Enjoy your study and epiphany.

Sermon3/7/05 9:07 PM
Gregori Adamian from Queens, NY
An Overview of the DaVinci Code
Dr. Phil Fernandes
comments
“ Best Overview! ”
Easy to understand and follow along and very good information....even for those of us not born in US. Dr. Fernandes destroys Mr. Dan Brown's weak attempt at harming Christianity. Jesus is God in Flesh! Thank you Dr. Fernandes for your good defense of REAL Jesus!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8