Londonderry Free Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

MyChurch: ianbrown
Londonderry Free Presbyterian Church
Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Email Us!

Sermon4/9/08 8:55 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Protected NameFind all comments by Scott McMahan
comments
“ The Entire Gospel in 12 minutes ”
If you don't listen to anything else on this site, this sermon is only 12 minutes; it clearly and concisely explains the gospel of Jesus Christ who died in the place of sinners.

Sermon4/8/08 5:54 AM
Mark Fitzpatrick from Dublin, Ireland  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Mark Fitzpatrick
“ Much Needed Message! ”
Thank you brother for this reminder of God's faithfulness to his people. The closing illustration was especially helpful.

Sermon2/13/08 7:59 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Protected NameFind all comments by Scott McMahan
“ Check yourself -- Are you on this list? ”
This sermon discusses some of the false ideas of what it means to be a Christian and to be saved. Check yourself - are you on this list? Are you trusting in any of these false ideas for your eternity?

Sermon2/4/08 12:18 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
Stress=Anxiety=Depression. Found this just the message for me-thank you Rev Brown.

Sermon2/2/08 12:21 AM
Molly from Sacramento  Find all comments by Molly
This is a wonderful sermon. Thank you.

Sermon1/26/08 12:21 PM
Butch Boruff from Urbana, Illinois  Contact via emailFind all comments by Butch Boruff
One MONK's Hammer And Sword!
Rev Ian Brown
comments
“ Wonderful, wonderful truth and facts ”
I loved this historical and factual information he presented--leading up to the 95 Thesis, and for the life of Martin Luther--and accomplishments, still felt today. Praise God

Sermon1/26/08 11:29 AM
comments
“ Very, very helpful ”
Extremely helpful information in aiding understanding for those who may have loved ones caught up in the religiosity of the Rome Church. The fallicies of their sick doctrine, and thier hatred of all others outside thier tiny religion

Sermon1/24/08 12:02 AM
Elizabeth from Victoria, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Elizabeth
comments
“ Thank you! ”
What a great blessing SermonAudio has been to me and my family. Even though I live in a small country town, I am able to access good solid Bible teaching any time of the day as I go about my tasks. There is a desperate need for good teaching in this small corner of Australia. Thank you Pastor Brown for your wonderful preaching!

Sermon1/17/08 3:30 PM
Mark L. King from sermon audio  Find all comments by Mark L. King
The Spirit And The Scriptures
Rev Ian Brown
comments
“ Very good! ”
It was worth going over the sermon twice because there is so much to learn. It would be nice to have a preacher like him to teach @ my church. Although I do have a good preacher. It gives some 1 much to think about & if you have truly repented about ones past. Bless you who read & may the Lord help you to learn from this Ian who has been blessed. I must hear more from him in the near future Lord willing! God bless you all.

Sermon1/16/08 10:18 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Scott McMahan
“ The true meaning of Christmas-perennial classic ”
This is an excellent Christmas message that gets to the true meaning of the season, and will be a perennial classic for people to give to others.

Sermon1/10/08 7:20 PM
Patrick  Find all comments by Patrick
comments
“ Powerful Message. ”
As one whom a sovereign God has rescued and delivered from the empty darkness of Romanism, I hope this message will be heard by many as a strong and powerful warning light to the soul in the unchartered waters of devotion to RC "saints". The tragedy of this woman's life seems absolute, especially when compared to Christian missionaries like Livingstone and Paton. Fifty years without any sense of God's presence, and who described herself as "trapped in Hell"....

Sermon1/8/08 11:40 AM
John from San Jose, CA  Find all comments by John
comments
“ Thank you, Rev. Brown ”
Before hearing this sermon I was going to watch this movie when it came out on DVD. Now I'm not so sure it's worth the time and effort for any true believer to "drink" such a "deadly thing" as this movie, even though it won't "harm" them (Mark 16:18). For some time now our culture and movies have been calling evil good and good evil (as evidenced by movies like "Schrek", but in a much more light-hearted way than Pullman's movie/books do). I LIKE special effects and the overall creativity of movies like "The Golden Compass", but if the plotline ends up giving me too much heartburn I'll just have to get my creativity-fix elsewhere.

Sermon1/6/08 8:00 PM
Elizabeth from Victoria, Australia  Find all comments by Elizabeth
BBS#13: The POETICAL Books
Rev Ian Brown
comments
Thank you again to Rev Brown for his wonderful teaching and the excellent accompanying sermon notes. What a blessing!

Sermon12/9/07 2:25 PM
Roy Costa from New Jersey  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Roy Costa
comments
“ Two other thoughts ”
Thanks again for the opportunity to interact on this issue. Two other quick thoughts come to mind since you kindly posted a link and some points for me to consider. First is, while I respect Mr. Spurgeon's position, it is just that -- his position -- and it does not necessarily follow that it is a command that must apply to all believers. Second, could you please explain how Paul knew the philosophies and gods of his time from just reading the Old Testament text? Paul was just the man to reach the world in the infancy of the church because he was so well versed in world-views. It's too easy to boil the Bible down to "do this / don't do that." The gospel, while simple, can also be "complex enough" to do battle with world-views.

Sermon12/9/07 2:10 PM
comments
“ Thanks for the exchange of ideas ”
Thanks Wayne for your perspective. I noticed I had a typo below: I meant "we should NOT be afraid to hear the ideas..." but I gather you got my meaning. The church of course is not the place to allow such freedom of expression, i.e., I wouldn't invite Mr. Pullman to speak from the pulpit (although I'd invite him to a debate since the gospel has nothing to be afraid of). In fact, I emailed Mr. Pullman in the past hoping to engage him. And I think children should only watch such a movie with a discussion about the world-view inherent in the film. I would limit what my family watches (we all set our limits) but particularly for films that lead to a good discussion about atheism and various world-views, I think such a film can be a teaching device (it's up to each family but I don't believe you can Biblically press my conscience not to use such a device). I can watch the world-view film and not be of the world (you can't avoid being exposed to world-views because the biggest source of worldliness is our own hearts). But I respect your own conviction not to watch the film. I believe God means for us to armed for the battle - it's just sometimes easier to say no. The confessional church has historically gotten stronger by listening to heretics and then responding to them. Lord bless.

Sermon12/9/07 12:44 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
comments
“ Timely warning! ”
'By watching the film for example, we can interact with our neighbours and their children better, and challenge some of the assumptions of the film'..ummm. I wonder if far too many christians spend far too much time in the theatre or the modern replacement-the cinema, or alas the theatre now in the home- the TV? Consider the link below re: a former saint's opinion: http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2006/10/spurgeons-best-known-ecclesiastical.html Like e.g. the Torronto blessing and all other false doctrine-the new kidologist on the block will deceive many, but I do not have to literally attend that supposed local 'church' or satanic ministry to obtain an understanding for myself! Neither do I ever need to attend a theatre to see a worldly film that seeks to undermine the Truth! Rather I am glad to heed the warnings of sound Pastor's like Rev Brown who have done the prayerful and excellent research to warn the flock, then if necessary do my own research without having to go to the local theatre to make that opinion! By knowing our Bibles we "Get up to speed on the ideas of atheism and be ready to give an answer for the hope that lies in you." A sound Pastor will keep his flock insructed in the bible and up to date with every deception! Good work Rev Brown!

Sermon12/8/07 8:41 AM
comments
“ What are we afraid of? ”
I respect your position of choosing not to watch the film. I may also choose not to watch the film, but more for the reason of saving $9 or so at the theatre. I strikes me that, as Lewis said, "what is the atheist so afraid of?", i.e., why is Mr. Pullman so intent on killing a God who, in his mind, is dead? And since I know God is not dead, but sits in majesty keeping on eye on me and Mr. Pullman, why would I be afraid to watch the movie (assuming I had the time and the $9)? We should not be afraid of the exchange of ideas. By watching the film for example, we can interact with our neighbours and their children better, and challenge some of the assumptions of the film (which I understand, by the way, waters down some of the atheism in the book). I would not want to watch a film that is morally compromising for example, but we should be afraid to hear the ideas of a man such as Mr. Pullman since we are confident of the Biblically based ideas that we cherish. I believe the church has lost ground because it is far easier to say "Don't watch this film" than to say "Get up to speed on the ideas of atheism and be ready to give an answer for the hope that lies in you." The apostle Paul was well versed in worldly philosophy as he argued for the gospel on Mars hill. Lord bless.

Sermon12/7/07 2:55 PM
Raymond Stewart from Newtownabbey, County Antrim  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Raymond Stewart
comments
excellent dealing with this new heresy and a very timely alarm. The Lord bless your ministry SOLI DEO GLORIA

Sermon12/7/07 6:35 AM
Peter Eichinger from Adelaide, SA, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Peter Eichinger
comments
Wonderful sermon as usual. The title is intriguing! When has gold ever "moved" to give anyone any bearings to help them move! I think it really is symptomatic of "man" that the mention of gold is enough to make people seek it. But then again people would rather move to their own course than have it guided by Almighty God! Jesus will remain my compass!

Blog12/4/07 3:09 PM
Patrick  Find all comments by Patrick
Rev Brown
As someone who had never heard of this guy or his book/film, thank you for the warning here and in your sermon.
Surely yet another "sign of the times" in UK, calling for renewed pleading at the Throne of Grace for God's mercy to be remembered in the wrath that seems to be falling there.

"Wilt thou not revive us again, that thy people may rejoice in thee?"

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 more