Calvary Bible Church | SermonAudio.com

Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: dtbm
Calvary Bible Church
Dr. John Barnett  |  Kalamazoo, Michigan

Sermon11/13/09 4:09 PM
Gary R. Peterson from Omaha, NE  Contact via emailFind all comments by Gary R. Peterson
Mormonism Is the Wrong Way to God
Dr. John Barnett
“ Mormon Basics by Way of John MacArthur ”
While well-delivered, this sermon did not provide listeners many witnessing tools to use the next time missionaries come a'knocking. I hoped for greater depth or analysis of Mormonism, but this was just the same examples so often heard in these quick surveys of what is actually a very complex religion. It deserves more than a glancing blow in a sermon series on cults. Damaging the message's credibility was Dr. Barnett repeating an error MacArthur made in his original telling of the BYU story. There are not seven presidents in the LDS church; there is a first presidency of three presidents and below them a Quorum of Twelve Apostles. It's important we get the details right. Christians evangelizing Mormons will lose credibility unless they are armed with correct information; repeating reheated half-truths from years ago will not win us a hearing or an opportunity to share God's truth in love. MacArthur's self-aggrandizing account of his meeting at BYU is an example of such a missed opportunity. (Ravi Zacharias had a greater impact when he reached out in love and truth in 2004) What I appreciated most in this message was Dr. Barnett's words on the then-recent 9/11 tragedy, the media's politically correct coddling of Islam and the well-stated truth of God's sovereignty.

Sermon11/8/09 4:40 PM
Redeemer from New Jersey  Find all comments by Redeemer
Christ: Refuge for the Overwhelmed
Dr. John Barnett
comments
Thank you for your comforting sermon on one of my favorite Psalms (Psalm 34) with so many wonderful promises. I greatly appreciate your sharp mind, intricate Bible knowledge and pleasant, uplifting Spirit.

Sermon6/29/09 1:09 PM
johe64 from phoenix  Contact via emailFind all comments by johe64
comments
“ A Primer for Understanding the Gospel! ”
Outstanding sermon on not only the Salvation message, but the tenets of our Faith in general. The only thing I did not necessarily agree (maybe semantically) with is when he said "all who will believe" regarding Christ's atonement or imputation of sins... isn't it "all who Christ came to save (elect)? Saying it the way he said it, makes it appear that we have something to do with our salvation...we can "decide" when we "want" to become saved...and I don't necessarily see that in the Bible. Just my view. I REALLY enjoy hearing John MacArthur preach!

Sermon5/24/09 5:37 AM
Trevor Hawkes from Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Trevor Hawkes
Is Islamic HALAL meat offered up to Allah the moon god a sin to eat. Or meat offered up to Buda.Think about where you buy your meat today.

Sermon5/15/09 9:24 AM
comments
“ Clear. ”
Excellent presentation of the Gospel. A refutation of self-salvation systems and of all kind of syncretic systems which change the pure Gospel of salvation. Absolutely needed in these days of ignorance about what the Gospel is.

Sermon4/9/09 10:31 AM
Doug Mahady from Harrisburg Pa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Doug Mahady
comments
This has to be one of my favorite sermons. It meant a lot to me something i been struggling with my self lately.

Sermon3/31/09 9:37 PM
james from sydney  Contact via emailFind all comments by james
Christ: Refuge for the Overwhelmed
Dr. John Barnett
wow

Sermon2/1/09 4:51 PM
Angel from San Jose CA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Angel
The SIMPLICITY of Devotion
Dr. John Barnett
comments
Wow I been so blessed by God..God has Been emphezising the importance of meditation on my life thru my leaders at church and now to come accross Dr.John who in the simplest of ways just confirmed Gods Words to me..Gods Sovereignty at work..May God keep Blessing You!

Sermon1/23/09 3:25 PM
diana from San Diego, CA  Find all comments by diana
Life in the Minor Key
Dr. John Barnett
comments
“ Thank you so much ”
Words of comfort.... God Bless you.

Sermon1/17/09 8:46 PM
jude newman from brisbane, australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by jude newman
“ Faith Building Sermon!! ”
What an awesome God we serve. He will always keep His promises. Very interesting to see prophecy come to pass especially with another war between Israel and Palestine? I have been surprised,by the number of born again Christians who are against Israel and the preachers saying the church has replaced Israel, especially when we know the final outcome outcome. Thank you John and God bless you

Sermon12/22/08 1:45 PM
Juliette Hendry from Australia  Find all comments by Juliette Hendry
Life in the Minor Key
Dr. John Barnett
comments
This is a life-changing message, full of God's grace.

Sermon12/10/08 7:17 PM
Carl Halling from England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Carl Halling
The Lost World
Dr. John Barnett
comments
“ The Most Incredible History! ”
What a wonderful sermon full of history of the Lost World of Genesis. Who can imagine that it contained some 7 billion people whom the sea shall one day give up. Comparisons between their world and ours; amazing insights into Genesis; this is indeed the most incredible history. Thank you, Dr Barrett.

Sermon11/28/08 3:35 PM
Aubrey Cartwright  Contact via emailFind all comments by Aubrey Cartwright
comments
If i download your sermons can i share them with my friends?

Sermon11/22/08 10:42 AM
Brewa Conteh from Kathmandu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Brewa Conteh
One Moment after Death
Dr. John Barnett
'To God be the glory' A sermon pointing to the reality of death followed by the an eternal punishment for anyone, who fails to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour. That physical death of a sinner, is only the begin of eternal damnation. A messge of warning to all non believer and believer alike.

Sermon10/10/08 2:10 PM
r.c from ny  Find all comments by r.c
Intimacy in Worship
Dr. John Barnett
blessing are individual but all together collective .. its an honor to share the word in these times .. may god continue to bless you

Sermon9/28/08 2:29 AM
Norman Smith from New Haw,Surrey,England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Norman Smith
Did the Church Replace Israel?
Dr. John Barnett
“ Start of my second odyssey ”
Thankyou Dr. Barnett for this great sermon,which i found most enlightening. I am starting ,for the second time,an odyssey of choosing a sermon from each book of the Bible chronologically,on Sermonaudio,..preached by a preacher,whom,(as far as i can recall),i have not heard before.May the Lord be pleased to bless this venture,and bless your ministry dear brother,to the glory of His name.

Sermon6/29/08 9:13 PM
Jenny from Leeds England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jenny
comments
“ greatly needed advice ”
Dr Barnett is both helpful and informative. As an ex Catholic I find his method very helpful as this was the way that I was brought to the Lord. Get them to read the passages and ask them 'what do you think that passage is teaching? that way they come to the knowledge of truth themsleves without feeling they have been pressurised. If they give the wrong answer gently ask them to re-read the passage asking them questions, 'is that what the passage is really saying'? Allow them to come to the knowledge of truth themsleves. Remeber the one who keeps asking the questions is the one who is in control.Its often called the Columbo method. Though ultimetly it is the work of the Holy Spirit.So lots of prayer! Get them to awaken their critical thinkging by getting them to question their own beliefs.

Sermon6/29/08 8:56 PM
Jenny from Leeds England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jenny
comments
“ Needs to heard by Catholic and Protestants ”
I was brought up in Catholic Ireland and I joined a Religious Order when I was 19. It was when I went to convert some Protestants that I engaged in a 6 month debate, that led to my conversion to the true Gospel. I now live in England and I am shocked at the amount of Catholics and Protestants that know littel or nothing about RC teachings. Most protestants do not even know why the are Protestants! When I inform people the true nature of RC teaching. Most are shocked! Some at first find it hard to believe when I tell them about the claims of the Papacy and her doctrines of works and lies. Its faith ++++. Many need to hear Dr Barnetts various sermons on RC.I now as a Protestant Theologian, intend to inform as many Catholics and Protestants as I can. Lets get the message out and stop being so passive and 'nice' Lets preach the truth with love,gentleness and firmness. I thank those Christians who with great patience taught me the true gospel of Christ. At first I was very upset and felt that I had been lied to as I realised that I could not go back to my Order and the RC Church. At first I was devesated as I loved the community I was in. But now I rejoice in the great love and freedom of Christ. Who shows Grace to the uttermost. Preach on Dr Barnett! I am with you!

Sermon2/9/08 7:41 PM
Michele  Contact via emailFind all comments by Michele
comments
“ A scary reality ”
I can't bear it when I think of people I love and people I've met and never met that may go to such a place. I don't understand why they don't see the reality of it. Have people you know listen to this sermon and perhaps they might be plucked from the fire.

Sermon2/9/08 1:00 PM
Suzy from UK  Find all comments by Suzy
David: Cleanse Me
Dr. John Barnett
“ Exceptional message, don't miss it ”
Scholarly research, vivid illustations, a warm concern for his hearers and a calm style of delivery make all of Pastor Barnett's sermons a joy. It is also useful that he gives a synopsis of each of his messages on Sermonaudio; it would be useful if all broadcasters did this.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

A Certain Man Drew a Bow
Andrew Quigley
Write On & Incline MY Heart

'Drift, Neglect and Listening'
Sunday - PM

Event: Jan 22-24, 2015
G3 Conference 2015

The Bible is the Word of God
Conference
Pray's Mill Baptist Church

Bible's Providential Preservation

Free MP3s: King James Vers­ion, Other Vers­ions, Textus Rec­ept­us, Mas­or­etic Text, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Chantry,Quinn,Daniel 2014 Conference

Faith Bible Church Oct 10-12 "The Joy of Worsh­ip"
www.sermonaudio.com