Cana Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Cana Baptist Church
Dr. Charles A. Stewart  |  Fort Worth, Texas

Sermon2/24/05 3:18 PM
Wilma , Ohio
How to Identify the Voice of Satan
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ good message ”
very good sound, solid message.

Sermon2/23/05 7:49 AM
malcolm Harris from Cape Town South Africa  Contact via email
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Pre-Trib verses Post-Trib Rapture I was amazed and encouraged by Dr Stewart’s message on this topic, as I went through the same process as he did, of being brought up on hyper-dispensationism and the Pre-trib Rapture and then reading Matthew 24 with an open mind and I came to the very same conclusions as he presents in this message. As he so rightly says, the key issue is ones definition and understanding of what is meant by the ‘church’. This is such a vital subject…….. it has an important bearing on our understanding of prophecy and the events leading up to the second coming of Jesus. J N Darby (one of the founders of the ‘Brethren’ movement) was a very gifted teacher of Scripture in the 1830’s and his teaching has influenced a lot of what we believe today, (a lot of it – very good !) however his definition of the ‘church’ and the pre-trib rapture were brand new concepts at the time and no record in church history agrees with him on those issues. (nor does Scripture IMHO) This is what we are grappling with here….. not what Scripture teaches, but what Darby taught. Thank you brother for your honesty and faithfulness to the Word of God!

Sermon2/20/05 10:30 AM
Richard A. Hill from Houston, TX
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
I am a student of biblical languages completing my M. Div. and I have been dissatisfied with the pre-trib position for some time now. I have had to put my eschatology on hold as I do not have the time to do the necessary research due to school. I will say that this sermon has opened my eyes to much that I did not see before. The fact that the Church goes through the Great Tribulation does fit with the OT record better. When did God ever take His people out of trouble?...Egypt?...the Wilderness?...the relentless attacks from foreign nations?...the eventual dispersion of the Jews from their homeland? God took them through and preserved them in it. The Greek of Rev 3.10 is correct, God will guard us IN the midst of the trouble, not FROM(in the sense of never having to suffer). In the Jewish mindset, suffering is a part of what makes us human, and to deny ourselves that is to deny ourselves full humanity. A book which covers this need to suffer excellently is "Psalms: A Theological Commentary" by Walter Brueggemann.

Sermon2/18/05 12:51 PM
Yeff Meier from Dallas Tx
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Notable Sermon! ”
One can hear the wisdom that the Lord God has imparted to Dr. Stewart through this sermon. With expository preaching so rare in this age, it is refreshing to hear a teaching of this caliber.

Sermon2/12/05 11:45 AM
Allan Armstrong from Ontario, Canada
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
A very pointed, practical and direct sermon. Here is the challenge, bring every thought captive and subject to Jesus Christ. Dr. Stewart does us all a very good service by asserting this can be done through the power of the Holy Spirit and our persistence in Him.

Sermon2/12/05 5:04 AM
Ben Yatar from Philippines
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Dr. Stewart is right in abandoning Pre-Trib like I did several years ago. After reading Steve Wohlberg's books, my belief in Pre-Trib crumbled.

Sermon2/11/05 2:00 PM
Bonnie from KY
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
(Dr. Stewart welcomes the following listener's comments)"I thought I had a clear understanding of our "Blessed Hope." I heard a teaching suggesting that the Body of Christ would, indeed, go through the tribulation. It absolutely broke my heart. Not that I was seeking comfort by wanting to avoid the tribulation, but I so longed to see Him, that my hopes were crushed in this life....I absolutely KNOW that the Church (our Lord Jesus Christ's Body) be removed BEFORE the seven year tribulation period begins." Dr. Stewart comments: Thanks Bonnie for your thoughts. Various sectors of the Church have suffered great persecution in every generation since the first and have been purified, not destroyed, by their hardships because of the faithfulness and grace of the Lord Jesus! Most PostTribs believe that before entering the last 3.5 years there will be a great outpouring of the Spirit (Joel 2:28-32) which will be more than adequate to prepare, sustain, and lead God's people in victory whatever may come our way (Rev. 12:11). Remember: "Greater is He Who is in you, than he who is in the world". Jesus' followers need have no fear, and never be broken hearted, over His perfect and loving will for us, even when pain is involved. Grace to you, my dear.

Sermon2/11/05 8:15 AM
Arthur from Burleson, Texas
Why the Saved Can Never Perish
“ Fascinating Message ”
Your message on blood covenants has opened up for me a deeper understanding of the New Covenant of my salvation and why I can never be lost once saved. Thank you for this new information. Very, very helpful!

Sermon2/10/05 4:50 PM
Vincent from Memphis
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Way Off Base ”
(Dr. Stewart has posted the following listener's comment) "Way off Base! This is way off base and he takes a lot out of context...the Pretribulation rapture is the only way to look at it as God does!...Going to the "Greek" is a farce and there is no such thing as a "Septuagint" that was proven to be written before the time of Christ!...This stinks and so does the preacher!" Dr. Stewart responds: Vincent, it looks like I need to invite you out for a cup of coffee! I believe that Dr. Dwight Pentecost (Things to Come) would disagree with you on your issues with the "Greek" and Dr. Merrill Unger (Unger's New Bible Dictionary) would disagree on the existence and importance of the Septuagint in the life of the early church. I have always believed that the rapture issue is a disagreement within the family of faith and that we should discuss these issues with Christ-like grace. Just between you and me: I can hope that your rapture position is somehow correct; I just don't see it in the Word. I guess the Lord will have to resolve this issue with His glorious Appearing. People must be made aware of all the possibilites so they can make whatever preparations necessary to remain faithful to our Lord whenever He comes. Grace and peace to you, Brother!

Sermon2/10/05 10:11 AM
David from Newville, PA
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Pre-Trib No Mistake! ”
(Dr. Stewart is glad to post the following listener comment) "There has been much evidence overlooked on the Pre-Trib side...Dr. Thomas Ice displays an ancient sermon, Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627) that he found...You can go to Dr. Snow's prophecy website and examine these sermons (www.raptureready.com/featured/ttcol.html). I would encourage everyone to test and prove all these things like the Holy Writ commands us to do." Dr. Stewart comments: Thanks David for your input into this discussion. I encourage every interested person to visit the website above and test all things. I would also suggest listeners read Robert H. Gundry's exceptional book: The Church and The Tribulation (Zondervan) and visit The Last Trumpet website at http://www.geocities.com/~lasttrumpet/ where legitimate questions are raised concerning the Pseudo-Ephraem document and its actual authenticity. Ephraem's genuine writings in the Ante-Nicean Fathers nowhere seems to hint at a pretrib rapture. Curious, isn't it? How else will we come to agreement on the Truth of God's Word unless we all come to the table and discuss these relevant data? Thanks, Friend.

Sermon2/10/05 9:27 AM
Alex
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Still Not Accurate Enough ”
(Dr. Stewart appreciates and has posted the following listener comment) "Stewart's sermon is a good one in that he acknowledges the horrific problems of the Pre-Trib position...But he still has not dug deeply enough... He "assumes" that the Great Tribulation is the "entire" last 3.5 year period, which is not stated in Scripture...So "Pre-trib" is not accurate, "Post-Trib" is not accurate, "Mid-Trib" is not accurate. The most accurate term is "Pre-Wrath"...before the wrath of God begins...He needs to study this topic more carefully, but he is on the right road..." Dr. Stewart Responds: Thanks Alex. I actually agree with you that the rapture is prior to the revelation of the wrath of God. I would refer listeners to Van Kampen's excellent work: The Sign (Crossway Books); and to Marvin Rosenthal's work: The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church (Nelson).

Sermon2/9/05 5:44 PM
Peter
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
It's good to know that men are still humble enough to admit when they are wrong. Thank you! May the Lord bless your ministry!

Sermon2/5/05 1:24 PM
wilma
How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ how to affair proof your marriage ”
great sermon.

Sermon2/4/05 5:23 PM
Ben Lev from Melbourne, Australia  Contact via email
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Thank you for your honest discourse and the time spent on this subject.All the more reason to stay close to our Lord & Saviour. In any case no prophet was ever saved from what he prophesied but went through it all with the poeple. I trust that the Lord's prayer to deliver us from evil will always apply.

Sermon1/31/05 7:32 PM
Keith Harvey from Arlington, Texas  Contact via email
How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage
comments
I feel that Charles Stewart's sermon on "How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage," gives both Biblical and practical advice for all couples to follow. I forwarded it to my whole Adult Bible Fellowship; take a look, listen, and be prepared to learn.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Ministry of John The Baptist
Bill Parker
The Amazing Love of God

Malachi 1:1-15
Midweek Service
13th Street Baptist Church

Bloom Where You Are Planted
Dr. James M. Phillips

Robert Rubino
Benjamin Watson Was Right!

Fellowship Baptist Church
Current Events

Jon Couch
Hope In A Hopeless Culture

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast

Blog 12/22/14
I'll Be Home for Christmas

New York Gospel Mission
merry chr­istm­as! hol­iday fest­iv­it­ies are in full swing...

Top 10 Puritan Hard Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

The Cup And The Cross

It is impossible to be a true soldier of Jesus Christ and not fight. ... J. Gresham Machen

City: Las Vegas, NV