FRIDAY

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 6 ·  Found: 1,581 total user comment(s)

Sermon12/30/15 10:04 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Repent and Be Baptized
Sean E. Harris
Great message, All believers need a sermon like this to remind us how we were converted and saved.

Sermon12/30/15 10:00 AM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to JHB ”
That's a fantastic retort. I am interested in using this as a thought during my sermon one week from tonight, Lord-willing.

Sermon12/18/15 2:27 PM
JHB from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by JHB
comments
“ Just a thought ”
I always cringe when I hear somebody say they wouldn't want to shoot one if the mass shooters. Usually it is some very Christian sounding reason like I want them to be able to hear the gospel. What about the victims? Most if not all of the victims are in hell with their killers. I never hear people talk about the victims chance to hear the gospel. I would rather kill the shooters and give the victims further opportunities to hear about God.

Sermon12/18/15 8:10 AM
Jey from China  Find all comments by Jey
comments
Thank you so much for this sermon.

Sermon12/18/15 6:28 AM
DLockI from NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by DLockI
comments
“ Really Great! ”
I am terribly thankful for this sermon! The uncompromised truth of God's Word is needed so desperately in a time of so many who want to wrest the scripture, trying to conform it to their brand of theology! Praise God! This is TRUTH! Salvation is of HIM! And He says Everyone that thirsts, let HIM COME unto Me! Sovereign grace does not negate our responsibility! "Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!" -Romans 11:33 Thanks Pastor Harris

Sermon12/13/15 11:57 PM
Matt from Atlanta, GA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Matt
Why Calvinists Can't Preach
Sean E. Harris
comments
I disagree - I think the author of this article is painting with too broad a brush. In addition to Charles Spurgeon, what about John MacArthur, Al Martin, Conrad Mbewe, John Piper, and Paul Washer? These are some of the most passionate Gospel preachers alive today, and they are all Calvinists.

Sermon12/11/15 5:07 PM
Bob from Fayetteville from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bob from Fayetteville
What is the Gospel?
Sean E. Harris
I'm afraid I belong to one of those Churches where you would get a myriad of answers if asked "what is the Gospel"?There are many "Church members" who believe their salvation lies in their works or their "being better" than their neighbor? It is disappointing and scary, but it is, unfortunately, a field that needs to be worked. Thank you, your podcasts are thought provoking and uplifting.

Sermon12/11/15 8:37 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Why Calvinists Can't Preach
Sean E. Harris
comments
As I was thinking more on the article, the words of Paul came to mind, the greatest preacher other than Christ of course who ever lived, 1 Cor 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be none effect. and 1 Cor 2:3-5 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling, And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, BUT IN THE POWER OF GOD. What Paul is saying here is salvation is the power of God, not him, not any other preacher. Not to diminish the role of a preacher or a lay person sharing the gospel, but sometimes we give ourselves too much credit.

Sermon12/10/15 7:28 PM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Why Calvinists Can't Preach
Sean E. Harris
comments
I assume now remove the title Prince of Preachers from Charles H. Spurgeon. Just because someone does not know how to deliver a sermon doesn't change the doctrinal truth of the message. But, I agree some Presbyterian services can bring out the zzz monsters. I prefer a Reformed Baptist.

Sermon12/8/15 2:50 PM
Paul1111 from West Lafayette, IN  Find all comments by Paul1111
Pay Your Taxes
Sean E. Harris
I wish kids learned this stuff as sophomores in high school. Very well explained. I am curious as to the of the class you were teaching.

Sermon12/6/15 9:39 AM
Brian Legg  Find all comments by Brian Legg
Philemon in 20 Minutes
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Great Insight ”
In a word, "Sent" I don't see Paul although he had the authority as a Apostle would use it to force transport Onesimus back to Philemon. If he did, I suppose his choice of words would be "brought" whether he personally did or sent faithful brothers to forcibly transport Onesimus. If this had been the case also, I think the tone of the letter would have been more commanding rather than pleading for Philemon to be gracious in receiving him. Just my take away.

Sermon12/5/15 9:23 AM
Paul1111 from Ohio, USA  Find all comments by Paul1111
Proven Faith
Brother Aron
Thank you. Perfect message and reminder for this period in my life.

Sermon12/2/15 5:31 PM
Philemon in 20 Minutes
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to Brian ”
Great idea, brother. Where do you see a hint of that in the passage?

Sermon12/1/15 10:08 AM
Brian Legg from Charlotte  Contact via emailFind all comments by Brian Legg
Philemon in 20 Minutes
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Great Insight ”
Enjoyed the perspective and the tie in to Deut. I think Deut refers to forcing the slave to return rather than encouraging him to out of obedience and then preparing the way for grace to be demonstrated on his return.

Sermon11/28/15 7:40 PM
Nate from Washington State  Contact via emailFind all comments by Nate
comments
“ Great Listen ”
Thanks you guys for talking about this. I've been reading and listening here and there trying to form a biblical perspective and your guys' conversation is balanced and helps greatly. I listen to you guys on a daily basis during my commute and it's always a blessing. I don't always agree, but it's always nice to keep my gears turning in the right direction.

Sermon11/22/15 4:09 AM
Pastor WJS from Fayetteville  Find all comments by Pastor WJS
Aaron Rodgers and Islam
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
"Put their faith in there Lord Jesus" to do what?

Sermon11/21/15 9:17 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Aaron Rodgers and Islam
William J. Sturm
comments
I teach them to love God and to put their faith the Lord Jesus Christ and He will take care of the rest. Besides, universal redemption, is dangerously close to universal salvation. And we all know most of the world will not be saved. And if God desires the whole to be saved and they are not. What does that leave us to assume? Christ's death was just a possibility of salvation? God plan of salvation is left up to man to complete. Leave out the L in Tulip and that raises up a lot of questions. Also limits God's sovereignty in election.

Sermon11/20/15 8:29 AM
Helen from Sweden  Find all comments by Helen
comments
Great conversation. Listens to it all. Not in agree with that it is myth that most of the refugees are men. Sure they are men. And NOT refugees but political and economical immigrants Islam is Gods tool I think to mobilize in the end time. Persecution of Jews and messianic Jews and church.Sure end has started but how far we are from the final end I am not told in the bible. But to look at Israel give us hope and an urge to pray

Sermon11/18/15 11:12 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Aaron Rodgers and Islam
William J. Sturm
comments
I don't speak for Pastor Sturm, but after thinking about his comment, I believe what he was referring to is, the opinion of some who believe that calvinist or if you prefer hyper-calvinist do not believe in evangelism or missionary work. But, that is not the case since some of the most notable evangelist and missionaries where 5 pt calvinist, i.e. Whitfield, Carey.

Sermon11/18/15 11:11 AM
Heather Pray  Find all comments by Heather Pray
The Fruit of the Spirit
Sean E. Harris
Who said pomegranate was their favorite fruit???! Hayley and I LOVE POMEGRANATES.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 more

Dr. James M. Phillips
GEP #11God Ordains&Predestines

God's Eternal Purpose 2015-16
Teaching
Discover The Word With Dr Jim

Samson Jebutu
The Spirit of Sorcery - Part 1

The Spirit of Sorcery
Moment of Truth Ministries

Blake McDaniel
There Was A Man Named Job

Williamsburg Baptist Church
Sunday - PM

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist¬≠­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

A Call to Arms
Scott Davis

A friend is one who comes in when all the rest of the world goes out. ... The Defender

BlackBerry | Win