Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

HTML Embed | Demo
Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Sermon12/27/13 8:40 AM
Paul Durr from Stedman NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Paul Durr
I was avoiding listening to this sermon because my legacy is a mixed one and I wonder how I will be remembered. I was greatly encouraged to listen to this sermon today. I give thanks often for the ability to listen to all of your sermons and news on a regular basis. What a bonus to be able to attend another church but still be there with you and others hearing the words of the Lord. Praise God for your hard work in preparing these sermons! Paul

Sermon12/22/13 4:35 PM
Helen  Find all comments by Helen
comments
I think it is very interesting..I think it has to do a lot of how we define words.. I trust in a personal Abbba Father who can lead me by the His Spirit. And if I am lacking in wisdom I can pray and He my awesome Lord will give.. The Bible says so.. it cant be wrong, i think to say God speaks does not nessercerly mean that he is adding something to bible.. Rather to listen to that inner voice.. Get the conviction it is sanctioned from above. However we are vessels not always in his perfect will...it is a bit complicated I must admit. But in a personal relation with God I will always believe. Please continue this subject. We must learn, listen and be humble.

Sermon12/22/13 4:09 PM
s c from OH  Find all comments by s c
comments
“ color blind ”
I don't think that we've turned our backs on race, though I wish that we would since there is only one race of people, namely "human". Sometimes I think that if people couldn't identify themselves with a particular level of melanin, that they wouldn't know of any other way of being. They would suffer from an identity crisis.And why is it that the USA is so proud of having its first "black" pres ? If people want to base a person's identity on their skin tone, it would be more accurate to say that he is our first "mixed" pres. How ridiculous is that? Why not have the first curly haired pres or the first red-haired pres.? What century are we in?

Sermon12/20/13 4:13 PM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
“ sincere consideration ”
I stopped listening because I see there is much you do not understand historically. I believe as a local assembly you seek to be students of the Scripture and this I appreciate. True Presbyterianism which you must be a history student to understand, does not over look the authority of the local session and as you eluded to, there are things that need the deliberation of a greater body of men, i.e. the Council at Jerusalem and Paul's question and concern. I challenge your believing the authority that you grant the church planter is in any way superior to Presbytery. Do you not then see him as an evangelist? and was that office not completed with the close of Canon? If the Church is One and our faith one, as is the Spirit's baptism then pastor/ teacher Ephes. 4 is Christ's gift to us all and there must be a way of qualifying men to teach and preach as a body of true believers in any local area. You are misjudging because you are looking at the present defection of many, you must search Scripture Yes!and history. Because I am encouraged by some of what you say I commend to you for your accurate knowledge The Act Declaration and Testimony of the Reformed Presbytery of Scotland 1712. My sir name is Harris and it would be answered prayer if my brother Sean would read this.

Sermon12/19/13 9:19 PM
B. McCausland from Northern Ireland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
Are You Lying About Santa?
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ The magic of X-Christmas or sober living? ”
'The poor you will always have with you' said Christ. On the same lines, we can say that all year round we may find plenty of opportunities to exercise generosity to show love and appreciation to our family members and others without having to wait to the 25th of December every year. The magic of X-mass consists of supposedly grown up adults playing the yearly game of fabricating a self-gratifying high concentrated in pick hours of a particular day of the year. From an ethic point of view, as mature and biblical believers, it should be easy to realize that if Christmas had not the high of “getting” it would not be so 'devoutly' celebrated. If it were not that some people make money of the season it would not be so fervently perpetuated, for which Santa is an effective tool. It is remarkable how biblical believers dissociate their basic beliefs from unscriptural Saints myths (Santa means Saint). We have learned to segregate and compartimentalise secular and religious knowledge in our minds without flushing. To live soberly we don't know any more. This implies acting against the current of the world's frenzies out of premeditated judgement.

Sermon12/17/13 6:21 PM
Lisa from Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lisa
Psalm 91

Sermon12/17/13 8:36 AM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
“ Interesting subject ”
I believe that Biblically, God has spoken to His people throughout history in various ways. How does that look like? It varies. I do not think that Huckabee is saying that he expects an audible voice from heaven, but that he intends to seek direct guidance from The Lord before moving forward. I admit, that this is hard to do. Sometimes you can have good intentions, but then get impatient and make a decision. Other times, I believe God wants us to move forward in faith without any specific revelation or confirmation.

Sermon12/16/13 5:30 PM
Merhaba  Find all comments by Merhaba
comments
Sean, dear! Please turn your phone off while recording..

Sermon12/16/13 3:33 PM
s c from OH  Find all comments by s c
Are You Lying About Santa?
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ I agree with uche ”
Since christmas was never a holiday ("holy day") given by God and because it falsifies the date of Christ's incarnation and the Apostles never observed it, isn't it deceptive and, therefore, antithetical to the essence of Christianity (namely, the Truth)?

Sermon12/16/13 12:08 PM
Alfred from NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Learning from Paul's Prayer
Sean E. Harris
I really enjoy your sermon. Christians need hear more sermons like this. Most have no ideal who and what they really are. On works, I read the James 3:14-20 and used to worry about if I was doing enough good works. But I read Ephesians 2:10, I read it , thought about it. I found a sermon from C.H, Spurgeon called, The Singular Origin of a Christian Man. What a blessing, great sermon.

Sermon12/15/13 3:47 PM
s c from OH  Find all comments by s c
“ a question ”
..how does a Christian honor God in the NBA?..aren't the players on the same team that has gyrating, "Biblically naked" cheerleaders?..that's synonymous with being a christian pimp..all the public praying and Jesus pep talks can't negate the fact that one is still pandering sexuality by participating..little eyes see.

Sermon12/13/13 6:32 AM
uche from Baltimore  Contact via emailFind all comments by uche
Are You Lying About Santa?
Sean E. Harris
comments
When God brought the Israelites out from Egypt He gave them specific dates, liturgies and places for worship that fully captured the essence of separation from the idol worship of Egypt and surrounding nations. I may be overstretching this but isn't there a case to be made for the syncretism that is associated with Christmas? Christians can say that Christ is the centre of their holiday and that the holiday presents an opportunity for sharing the gospel story. But can we really ignore the pagan associations of the past and the commercialized and unChristly present? I might be wrong but is it not better to separate the church from Christmas entirely? Would it affect the church?

Sermon12/12/13 9:56 AM
Eric  Find all comments by Eric
comments
“ God Did Not Lie... ”
Friends, God did not lie. He was referring to the evil report of the land, and their own assertion that God could not keep his promise. Moses asked God to pardon for the sake of the His great Name (vs. 15-16). God did pardon, and kept his promise, but those who desired to go back to Egypt reaped what they had sown in unbelief. He gave them what they asked for. By saying, "ye shall know my breach of promise", God was in essence saying, "You think I can't keep my promises by defeating these giants? I'll show you that supposed broken promise by having your children defeat them, while you die in the wilderness." It was confrontation of their unbelief. KJV still stands.

Sermon12/11/13 8:24 PM
Mateo from sacramento  Find all comments by Mateo
comments
“ Great Sermon! John 17 ”
Dear saints, the holy of holies of all scripture is John 17. Our Wonderful Lord, sweating drops of blood for us, storming the gates of hell, and being prepared as the Lamb of God! And in His mercy he allows us to eavesdrop on this most intimate of conversation with the Heavenly Father, what a glorious event. God Bless you all.

Sermon12/10/13 1:38 AM
CAS from S.Cal  Find all comments by CAS
Correctly stated... the root of the problem... SBC leadership favors denominational loyalty over truth.

Sermon12/8/13 9:40 PM
SuzAnn from NorCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
Thanks Pastor Sean for a powerful message on these scripture verses and as always "your reasonable questions" push us to think beyond just the surface of the text!

Sermon12/5/13 9:16 PM
Cheryl from Atlanta  Find all comments by Cheryl
Church History 101
Sean E. Harris
“ Loved it ”
You are a great teacher and I enjoy your bible class!

Sermon12/4/13 4:33 PM
Lisa from Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lisa
comments
Good stuff listened to it twice now

Sermon12/4/13 2:37 PM
gib ham from indianapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by gib ham
comments
“ agreed ”
Your assessment is spot on in my opinion. On a positive note... I have heard rumors that Mr. Walker had been attending Grace Community Fellowship under the leadership of Johnny Mac. I can't confirm that, nor does it necessarily mean anything, but its a small.glimmer of hope that Paul might have heard the true Gospek and possibly repented. But who knows .... Only time will tell

Sermon12/4/13 7:43 AM
Julia Norem  Contact via emailFind all comments by Julia Norem
comments
“ The source ”
Dave I agree with you 100% however we need to assess the writer. If the writer is not Christian then they wouldn't understand the difference between Christians and Mormons and then did pick up on quotes that could have explained more who this gentleman is. Is the author Christian? Other sources referenced? That type of information would help others understand who this actor was. Still the Point that just because he says a few certain things does not show he was a Christian is the wright one grok this article.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 more

Heaven! Narrow or Broad Gate?

Kevin Swanson

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/sw..