Way of Life Literature | SermonAudio.com

SUNDAY
MAY 3, 2015
CommentsALL
About | $1 Signup!

Make a donation to this broadcaster!
MyChurch: wayoflife
Way of Life Literature
David Cloud  |  London, Ontario

Sermon7/11/04 12:04 AM
B. Bell from Ohio
comments
“ Right on Point!!! ”
Bro. Cloud,this is a great message! Most of these contemporary songs have no place in the house of the Lord. I like some CCM, but most of it does not give all glory and honor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You were 100% right in quoting John 4:24 "In spirit and in truth" The Church needs to stop bringing the world inside of it's sanctuaries.

Sermon6/11/04 3:06 PM
Janice Moore from Fallon, Nevada
comments
Dear Friend in Christ, May God bless you 10,000 times over for your faithful preaching of the truth. Finding your site on the internet has been the Lord's supply of my cry for the truth to be spoken. I knew the church was in deep trouble but had no idea the extent of it. My son in law is the Pastor at the church I now attend. When I leave, there will be no place to go as they are all the same here. Not only will I be leaving my church fellowship but also losing my family. My husband tells me he is staying for the children. My heart grieves. Confusion reigns. Even now come Lord Jesus. Though He slay me yet will I praise Him. Praise God who never leaves us or foresakes us. And to you His faithful servant, many thanks! J

Sermon1/24/04 4:21 PM
Andrew Hall from Worcester, United Kingdom  Contact via email
comments
“ The truth of the scriptures reigns! ”
Thank you so much brother for this fine message. I was a child of the sixties and the seventies and grew up in churches where they encouraged 'modern' music to attract the youth. Sure it attracted me but it did not make me a christian, nor did my non-repentance confession of faith that is encouraged in these world pleasing churches. Praise the Lord, I am now truly born again - freed from a bondage to alcohol, and a redeemed murderer. My solace is in worshipping our Lord Jesus Christ through lovely hymns and Scottich metrical psalms. My dearest moment was sitting at the graveside of Francis Ridley Havergal (not ten miles from where I live - in a gorgeous English country churchyard, where her father once ministered) and singing "Take my life and let me be, Consecrated Lord to thee." Modern singing with its beat - and off beat - massive sounds and the pop stage leadership is totally manwards and not Godwards. Jeremiah 6:16 "Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...." The modern neo-evangelicals and dog-barkers ignore this as they know better than God lets read the last sentence of that verse "But they said, We will not walk therein." What is plainer than that? Bless you for this message. Be bold in the preaching of the word of God.

Sermon1/22/04 5:31 PM
JEAN HODINH from DALE, TX  Contact via email
comments
I still have not gotten used to contemporary rock music in church because I have to handle the effects of associating it too much with the world. I do however, appreciate having it on the radio sometimes while I'm driving around because the subject and words take alot of the world affect out of the rock. To me the most inspiring music is the traditional music that I grew up with. . . .Thank you for your deep thoughts on this subject

Sermon1/21/04 8:09 PM
Daniel Lee Ford from Jackson, Mich.  Contact via email
comments
“ Authorised Bible Ably defended!! ”
The beauty, honesty, integrity, & loyalty to the original languages of the Authorised King James Bible shines in Cloud's plain sense call to 'mind the same thing'. PHIL 3:" 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the SAME rule, let us mind the SAME thing." Curiously, (the operative command to have the SAME canon(rule), is REMOVED from the corrupt text that is the base of the new versions) :-) If you're not up to speed in this area, Cloud has another great 3 part series specifically on textual criticism on this site. (If you like this, see Dr. Alan Cairns explaination of texts at, http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=5820)

Sermon1/20/04 3:56 PM
T Fox from Springfield, TN
comments
Bro Cloud does an excellent job in communicating factually why the KJV is God's word to the english speaking people and how modern translations only hinder the growth of a christian.

Sermon1/16/04 4:07 PM
VERNON from JANESVILLE, WI  Contact via email
comments
“ I AGREE AND DISAGREE ”
I HAVE "EXPERIENCED" GOD'S PRESCENCE AND PEACE IN BOTH CONTEMPORARY AND TRADITIONAL HYMN ONLY SERVICES (AND AT HOME ALONE WITH GOD IN SILENCE AND WITH CCM PLAYING) I HAVE BEEN MOVED BY GOD'S SPIRIT IN ALL TYPES OF WORHSIP SITUATIONS. I WOULD ASK, DOES IT (CCM) CAUSE ONE TO MOVE CLOSER TO THE LORD OR FARTHER AWAY. LIKE MEAT SACRIFICED TO IDOLS...SAME THING APPLIES. I WONDER...ARE YOU ADVOCATING THAT OUR EMOTIONS ARE NOT TO BE INVOLVED IN OUR WORSHIP? LET'S CERTAINLY BE DISCERNING, BUT LET'S ALSO LET GO OF LEGALISM.

Sermon1/12/04 12:50 PM
ENGINEER from USA
comments
“ Answers where my Bible's from! ”
Interesting review of 4 periods of Bible history: Apostolic:Giving of the Bible; 2nd&3rd Centuries-TEXT CorruptionS;Dark Ages-Persecution of the Bible;& Reformation- CLEAR/CONCISE/INFORMATIVE. I'm going to order the DVD of this series..

Sermon1/10/04 8:06 AM
Daniel Lee Ford from Jackson, Mich.  Contact via email
“ Heresies of textual criticism exposed! ”
Clear teaching exposing lies foisted on an unsuspecting public by infidels. Defenders of the modern 'bibles' cause doctrinal differences from the Authorised King James Bible. Many examples of textual deletions that are the root of deviations in the modern versions - changes in line with the Unitarians who worked on cobbled together gk. texts:the 'original gk?' which one of the 55 Nestles? .Part of 6 great sections: listen to all of 'em!

Sermon1/6/04 2:02 PM
Steve from Georgia  Contact via email
comments
“ Thought Provoking ”
This is a very interesting, thought provoking sermon from Brother Cloud. It appears from his other sermons that he has been given the gift of discernment about many issues confronting the church today. The popular health/wealth/psychology laced/easy living/easy Jesus/easy gospel message being sold wholesale by Christian bookstores is certainly cause for concern. Christians have been duped into thinking that the millions of dollars of merchandise sold in Christian bookstores is safe, sound doctrine. Much heresy exists on these shelves, though this message is rarely preached. I implore all seekers of the truth as it exists in Jesus Christ to pray for discernment in these trying times. May we judge all materials, whether labeled 'christian' or not, by the unalterable Word of God.

Sermon8/26/03 10:02 PM
s7_g from wheaton, il  Contact via email
comments
I enjoyed listening to this message. Brother Cloud is clearly knowledgable of the subject matter, both through personal experience and research. Some messages on the subject of music tend to be insensitive with regard to the areas of multi-ethnicity and interracial relations. This blunts the message's effectiveness. Brother Cloud shows a sensitivity to these potential pitfalls and does a great job avoiding them. Several times during the message, he points out that blacks as well as whites had people on both sides of the issue of accomodation of music in the guise of worship really serving as entertainment. Thus, his message is more ubiquitous in its potential coverage. And, it is a message for our Laodicean times, so this is very encouraging. Great message!

Sermon8/14/03 3:41 PM
Lisa Allen  Contact via email
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
Everyone should listen to this sermon. Bless the Lord for the watchmen of the church who are being faithful to the truth no matter what the cost!

Sermon6/12/03 1:26 AM
wendigo from tennessee  Contact via email
comments
“ interesting! ”
i have never heard a sermon on southern gospel before. i always thought SG was THE gospel music to listen too. personally i never could stand it. i dont like people who sound like they have serious sinus problems. but what i dont understand though is some of our hymns dont even mention the name of jesus and if they are taken at face value could even be used to praise a false god such as budda. amazeing grace comes to mind or even i come to the garden none of these songs directly mention the name of jesus and can be taken in any way as a christian song or dare i say pagan song its all in who interprets it. my dad would roll over in his grave if he heard this sermon on southern gospel. he sang in a southern gospel group for years and in his point of view nothing was better or could compare to it. but i do know this my dads agenda was to see souls be saved through his group. he never asked for one dime for the tapes they made he gave every single one of them away. so i do know where his heart was. and i got saved because of my dads witnessing through his group. even though i didnt like the music or singing. it does go to show that jesus can use it at the right time or place. you know some of the lyrics to some southern gospel music really bother me. such as wouldnt take nothing for my journey now got to make it to heaven somehow,or im climbing up on the rough side of the mountain im doing my best to make it in. since when did we have to work to get into heaven or hope that we make it in? and where is the gospel in southern gospel how is singing about my mother in heaven going to get someone saved. all that does is depress me when i hear songs of my loved ones gasping for breath and waiting to walk the golden streets of glory. it just doesnt make anysince anyway great sermon an eye opener and you have also helped me to reconsider my point of view on ccm take care wendigo

Sermon12/31/02 7:27 AM
prabath de silva from Australia  Contact via email
Brother DAVID,may the LORD bless and encourage you in this battle. I came out from charismatic movement 6yrs ago.Now I fellowship at an independent baptist church,but sadly ccm music and psychology has crept in because this erronous philosophy of judje not and the positive love gospel has been entertained by the deacon board and the pastor over the years.IS THIS NOT APOSTASY?

Sermon12/28/02 11:49 PM
Cliff Tucker from Cisco, Texas  Contact via email
comments
Sir I do agree with your theme that Southern Gospel music is not necessarily the standard for Christians to listen to. However I also know, according to my studies in 'religious' music that many of the favorite hymns of the church were tavern music with the words replaced. I am glad someone has 'exposed' the assumed 'sacredness' of SO. Gospel as in the same category, or a very close second to hymns and spiritual songs. It does not even come close. There is one person I know of that was considered a contemporary Christian artist who loved the LORD and would not fit into the category you are speaking of. Keith Green. He lived his love for the LORD and did much to propagate the gospel through his life. If I remember correctly he made a statement about the shame spiritual music should be a sold commodity. All in all I enjoyed your treatise and very much agree. Another very important ingredient is the life of the musician. Continue on dear brother.

Sermon12/23/02 11:08 AM
Kenneth from Oklahoma City, OK
comments
“ A Must-Listen! ”
A thoroughly documented warning regarding an area that is often a blind spot among otherwise conservative pastors. Pop that Gaithers CD out of your car stereo & give this a listen!

Sermon9/20/02 5:47 AM
Denise Kristiansson from Abu Dhabi UAE  Contact via email
Church History - Part 1
David Cloud
comments
Praise be to God! Tears fill my eyes and great gratitude fills my heart when I through this sermon am reminded of what the Lord Jesus has brought me out of over 30 years ago through much persecution - the RCC!

Sermon7/29/02 3:03 PM
Renee from Belleville, MI
comments
“ A Very Thorough Series ”
I also recommend Matthew Pilch's 2-part series Is CCM Biblical? and H. T. Spence's series on Music and the Endtimes. Three great speakers.

Sermon1/28/02 4:44 PM
rich summers from so. indiana  Contact via email
comments
I was led to shouting ground by the texture of the sermon as Bro. Cloud was led by the Spirit of truth to accent the speaking by the urgency and devotion coming to me via the voice within him. My own feeling and thoughts precisely, EXCEPT I MUST add that I think any history of the scriptures in the 20th Century that does not include Bro. Ruckman is in error. He has much criticism for his attitude in defense of the av 1611, but I recall Psalm 138: 2b! Anyhow, preach on, Brother Cloud, I love your work in Him!

Sermon1/28/02 3:14 PM
rich summers from so. Indiana ( routed through 3rd heaven)  Contact via email
Apt defense by Bro. Cloud. Mention of Dr. Ruckman: tape shows why Ruckman uses bible language often to shoot an arrow through the heads of the textual critics. They lie, cheat, distort facts, and, in general, try to wreck the faith of as many in scripture as possible prior to their relocation elsewhere for "rewards".

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Product: MP3 CD
$18 USD

When God Sends A Famine

Evangelism Awakening
Special Meeting

Stephen Holland
Chosen By Christ To What?

Studies In John's Gospel
Westhoughton Evangelical

Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt and Evil

Hill­ary Att­acks Chr­ist­ians, Bows To Islam, Prom­otes Abort­ion... Click Here For Proof!
www.puritandownloads.com/hi..