Covenant Free Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
MyChurch: covenant
Covenant Free Presbyterian Church
Rev. John Wagner  |  Lexington, South Carolina

Sermon1/22/11 11:06 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
“ SELF MUST BE DE-THRONED ! ”
As long as ME is ruling and reigning in my heart, then I cannot love my brethren in the manner that Christ requires. To do THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT, the "control freak"----SELF----must die. As the hymn-writer says, "Let SELF be crucified and slain and buried deep: and all in vain may efforts be to rise again, unless to LIVE FOR OTHERS...OTHERS, Lord, yes, OTHERS, let this my motto be, help me to live for OTHERS, that I MAY LIVE LIKE THEE."

Sermon1/21/11 6:52 AM
Martin Luther
Rev. John Wagner
“ What a discovery! ”
Listening to this message I understood something I never seen before: being justified before God, having the righteousness of Christ imputed to me, being in Christ, united with Him, God will never treat with me without Christ, but always through Christ! God will treat with me always through the cross of Christ! And He will be my Father, not just a Judge, as in the case of those without Christ. What a comfort!

Sermon1/6/11 12:06 PM
Jessica Wellington  Find all comments by Jessica Wellington
comments
“ Thank you. ”
I would just like to let you know what a blessing you are Rev. Wagner to many people you may not even know. Thank you, for your ministry, and for bringing forth a clear message that glorifies the Lord.

Sermon1/3/11 1:25 PM
johnny serafini from North Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by johnny serafini
comments
What a wonderful testimony to God's saving grace and to the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice for sinners!!

Sermon12/10/10 11:48 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
comments
“ A LIFE ZAPPER !! ”
Elijah under the juniper tree, pleading with God "that he might die," reveals that UNBELIEF is not a neutral state of being. It's a place of demise! Praise be unto Our God that He did not leave Elijah there.

Sermon11/27/10 2:27 PM
chad d  Find all comments by chad d
comments
What a testimony of God chasing down a sinner

Sermon11/21/10 8:33 AM
Hawk1bri  Contact via emailFind all comments by Hawk1bri
comments
I have recoverd from pot, hash, oil, coke, mushrooms, asid, harone, shoting needels and nothing has helped but the lord!!! I have tryed recovery centers but untill you give your self.... You will not know FREDOM.

Sermon11/2/10 5:39 PM
paul jepson from england  Contact via emailFind all comments by paul jepson
comments
“ GREAT SERMON ”
DEAR PETER tHANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. i COULD ALMOST FEEL THE ENERGY DRAINING OUT OF YOU WITH EVERY WORD. THANK GOD FOR JESUS. PAUL

Sermon9/11/10 6:54 PM
Rev. Ivan Foster from Kilskeery, Co. Tyrone  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Rev. Ivan Foster
Attack On America: Who & Why
Rev. John Wagner
comments
“ Yes, a great Sermon! ”
Sadly, as I listened to John faithfully present the truth regarding the sins of America in 2001, I thought of how the wickedness of his nation and mine has increased since that year and how the weakness of the opposition of the professing church has also increased. In my land, professing separatist Christians are active in a government which has unrepentant former terrorists as fellow government ministers and which has financed sodomite organisations involved in promoting their abominations. All too many believers shut their eyes to these facts which indicate yet further sad decline. "The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?" Jeremiah 5:31.

Sermon9/11/10 4:15 PM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Attack On America: Who & Why
Rev. John Wagner
comments
“ SHE ACCEPTS NO CORRECTION !! ”
I returned today (Sept. 11, 2010) to listen again to this sermon. America turned a deaf ear to God's warning to her through the tragic events that HE ALLOWED to happen on Sept. 11, 2001. America has turned from "the light" of The Scriptures...having become a people that now have stooped so low that they are musing and entertaining themselves in public forums with the question, "Who made God?" and declaring that there is no creator, that the universe and all that is in it came from "nothingness." God's Word says, "...they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." There is such a thing as God lifting His hand of protection from off a people who "change the truth of God into a lie, and worship and serve the creature more than the Creator." Out of righteous judgment, God does give nations over to Satan to work their destruction. Seeing before my eyes the rapid spiriling downward of America on every front, I believe that she no longer has the favor of God upon her. She has so much turned to the "worshipping of self (the creature)" that God has given her over to the devil ("a reprobate mind") for the working of her demise (Romans 1:18-32).

Sermon9/10/10 10:48 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Why Trouble Comes
Rev. John Wagner
“ A Happy Ending ! ”
This sermon, though about Joseph and his brothers, brought to my remembrance how the prodigal son in Jesus' parable lacked love, respect, time for his father. The prodigal came to his father demanding that he be given his portion of his father's goods. Upon receiving the goods, the son is on his merry way to do his merry thing with no thought of his father! Like that which happened to Joseph's brothers, the prodigal encountered famine. Trouble arose that worked good. Read about it in Luke 15:11-32. God permits "famine" to come into His Children's lives to bring them back into right relationship with Him. I like what C.H. Spurgeon said, "Our Lord never crushed a soul yet that lay prostrate at His feet, and He never will. He will stoop down and say, 'Rise, my child; rise, for I have forgiven thee. Go and sin no more. I have loved thee with an everlasting love.' Come and let us return unto the Lord, for He hath torn, and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up. He will not brake the bruised reed, nor quench the smoking flax." Indeed, as Pastor Wagner so beautifully points out in this sermon, Joseph is a picture of Christ.

Sermon8/18/10 3:54 PM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Blessed Assurance - Pt 2
Rev. John Wagner
“ THE CRY OF LOVE !! ”
I come confessing that I am smitten with Jesus, preferring Him above all others. I find "My Beloved" in MY BIBLE which I affectionately call, 'The Garden of Truth.' And, I am on guard against any intrusive thing that threatens our separation! I encourage every believer to open up that box of perfume--The Word of God--and Jesus will make you glad that you gave up your unprofitable pursuits and panted after Him. C.H. Spurgeon said, "He that longs not to know more of Christ, knows nothing of Him yet. He that ever sipped this wine will thirst for more, for although Christ does satisfy, yet it is such a satisfaction, that we want to taste more and more and more and more. Oh, if you know the love of Jesus, I am sure as the hart pants for the water brooks, so will you pant after Him. If you say you do not desire to know Him better, then I tell you, you love Him not, for love always cries, 'Nearer, nearer, nearer.'"

Sermon8/12/10 5:01 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Quenching the Spirit
Rev. John Wagner
“ THE PRICE OF NOT PAYING ATTENTION !! ”
Mostly, what we are witnessing today is a church made up of impotent Christians. They are guilty of having spurned The Holy Spirit (the helper) "sent from above." As Pastor Wagner points out in this sermon, our "quenching and grieving" The Holy Spirit results in Him withdrawing His power from us. That is the price paid for not paying attention to Him. Not until Christians return to treasuring The Holy Spirit as their most trusted counselor and friend will they be imbued with POWER FROM ON HIGH to live for Christ and do great exploits for Him. John Wesley said, "... the more frequently we offend Him (The Holy Spirit), the more we weaken His influences in our souls. For frequent breaches will necessarily occasion estrangement between us; and it is impossible that our intercourse with Him can be cordial, when it is disturbed by repeated interruptions. So a man will forgive his friend a great many imprudences, and some wilful transgressions; but to find him frequently affronting him, all his kindness will wear off by degrees; and the warmth of his affection, even towards him who had the greatest share of it, will die away; as he cannot but think that such a one does not any longer either desire or deserve to maintain a friendship with him."

Sermon6/25/10 11:46 PM
His daughter  Find all comments by His daughter
Crossing Our Jordans
Rev. John Wagner
comments
Fantastic sermon, Thank you!!!

Sermon6/10/10 9:51 PM
JOHNSTONES MUKUTU MBOGO from mumias  Contact via emailFind all comments by JOHNSTONES MUKUTU MBOGO
may God of power be praised in jesus name.

Sermon4/26/10 7:08 PM
Denise Forbes from Montana  Contact via emailFind all comments by Denise Forbes
comments
“ A Necessary Listen! Powerful! ”
So, so refreshing truth. I needed this clear Word from the Lord through this obedient servant of God. I have been flailing in my walk with God, and yet, where can i go? This sermon was so "pointed" it cut right through all the garbage. I now search out this man's sermons because he is so bold, clear and concise. I thirst for the unadulterated Word; this preaching / teaching verily rang through my being.

Sermon4/25/10 11:57 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Spiritual Progress
Rev. John Wagner
“ Going On With God ”
Our MATURITY in Christ is in proportion to our COMMUNION with Christ. May our continual, fervent prayer be "LORD, draw us away!" If Christ is drawing us to follow after Him, then we ought to be running to keep up with where He is leading us -- becoming more and more conformed to His image ("go on unto perfection"). And, Our LORD and others should be able to see our love for Him in evidence in the way that we live our Christian life. It is not enough to profess that we are lovers of Jesus. The proof of our love for Him is in our "being like" Him. It's a LIVING thing! I am grateful that The Holy Spirit spoke through Pastor Wagner to bring to our remembrance this truth.

Sermon4/18/10 2:24 PM
Y. Landreneau from Louisiana  Find all comments by Y. Landreneau
How to Face a Fainting Fit
Rev. John Wagner
“ The flesh wont like it! ”
But your spirit sure will!! What blessed and seldom told truth. I really, needed it and was greatly encouraged and revived! I thank the Lord for using this sermon and His Word to strengthen my fainting heart.

Sermon4/10/10 11:21 PM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Six Great Things at the Empty Tomb
Rev. John Wagner
“ Wonderful Sermon! ”
Jesus Christ, Picture of Love!!! -- Listen and you will see what I mean.

Sermon2/19/10 7:14 AM
Calvinism #1: Historical Backdrop
Rev. John Wagner
“ Useful. ”
Useful presentation of the wrong doctrines and good refutation of them.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more

Special Meeting

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church

Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com