Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 5 ·  Found: 1,638 total user comment(s)

Sermon3/24/16 9:33 PM
James Thomas from Florida  Find all comments by James Thomas
Predestination and Freewill
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ God Bless ”
A few thoughts to add to your discussion. On the Scripture interprets Scripture... Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "Our own understanding" is what we can refer to as a presupposition we imply on Scripture in order to fit our "systematic theology" and such is the lens we define not only His Word but How God operates in our lives today. And this lens is to be defined from what a man has thought or said about what God has said or what God has declared by His own means(John 6:45)? His Word contains: 1.Prophecy and fulfillment. 2.Cross references 3.Non contradiction 4.Self validation (Truths will repeat in Scripture.) Using these God given guidance tools assist us in navigating His Word with an open mind that's simply desires to know what God meant by what he said and deal with His truth with reverence and fear. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Look to Job Chapters 1-3 for examples of how God permits events that are devastating in our lives today but yet has a purpose which is disclosed in the end. God Bless!

Sermon3/23/16 11:39 AM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rich L
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Thanks Dave ”
Maybe I haven't noticed what detail(s) Rory is saying could be incorrect. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln: You say the New Testament was written early, and Rory says it might be later. It is date, then; the earlier, having the greater claim to inerrancy than the later? Take care. By this rule, you are questioning inerrancy yourself to the first man you meet, whom believes in an even earlier date than you.

Sermon3/23/16 9:35 AM
Pastor David from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor David
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Response to Rich L ”
No, there is nothing wrong with examining its reliability. My point is that Rory is not setting out to question inerrancy, but his thesis that the details of Scripture don't have to be exactly right is a commentary on inerrancy. I never said that he denied inerrancy, and I don't think he would ever say he was throwing out inerrancy, but I believe his position does exactly that, especially when it subscribes to the liberal party line of a post-70 AD dating of the synoptic gospels. Like I said, I think he is extremely well-intentioned and apologetically-minded in the article, and I have no doubt that he fully believes the Bible. However, if my position is that the gospels were written late and they don't need to have every detail correct, then am I not at the very least casting doubt upon inerrancy?

Sermon3/23/16 8:26 AM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rich L
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Nothing Wrong with Examining its Reliability ”
You're questioning inerrancy by saying evidence for post A.D. 70 authorship is questioning inerrancy.  Rory didn't call into question inspiration and inerrancy.  You should ask him if he denied inerrancy and record an update for us. You may owe him an apology. I hope you reconsidered your non-negotiable after you questioned the inerrancy and inspiration of Scripture by saying a late date for the New Testament questions inerrancy and inspiration.

Sermon3/21/16 3:31 PM
Pastor DM  Find all comments by Pastor DM
Movie Review: Young Messiah
David McManus
comments
“ Reply to CLR ”
Well, I wouldn't agree with your assertion that "the biblical people of Egypt, Hebrew, & Israel were black." But yes, it is bothersome to see Anglicized portrayals in so many films.

Sermon3/21/16 2:40 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to David (BC) ”
David, Will you pick one question for us to discuss? It seems like there is a better way to handle this conversation.

Sermon3/20/16 7:23 PM
David Wiebe from BC Canada  Find all comments by David Wiebe
comments
My question to those who say that Jesus returns for his church post trib raises so many problems. What about the judgement seat of Christ? What about His 1000 year rein? What about the marriage supper of the Lamb? What about God pouring out 7 years of wrath on his own Body? What about the fact that Paul never once warned us to NOT take the mark of the beast - why did the new testaments most prolific writer never mention it once? It is never mentioned until Revelation 14. Pre and post trib rapture has become a major doctrinal issue and a stone of stumbling for believers in these last days. I for one cannot accept that God will put his church through it, and not because I cannot bear the thought of the persecution and slaughter of those days, or that I somehow deserve to escape it. Post trib simply does not line up with scripture, and those who keep pointing to Matthew 24 are confusing a teaching meant for Jews and Jews alone, not Christians.

Sermon3/20/16 11:20 AM
CLR from Earth  Find all comments by CLR
Movie Review: Young Messiah
David McManus
comments
Glad to hear you didn't like it. One question though; since the biblical people of Egypt, Hebrew, & Israel were black, does it bother you that the characters in these movies are portrayed incorrectly over and over?

Sermon3/18/16 9:43 AM
You Are Rude
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to Tanya ”
May Christ assist us in shining "brighter to the perfect day" Proverbs 4:18

Sermon3/15/16 5:10 PM
Johm from Atlanta  Find all comments by Johm
It really is heart wrenching to see the absolute decline of intelligence and moral decision ability of the general public. It is totally reflected in our political process. It is just a total lack of desire to educate oneself on politics and other issues. The fault has to be laid on parents, educators and pastors. I think in that order. Not sure. However the breakdown of the family kind of deflates the desire to do just about anything let alone educate oneself. So this election as the last should come as no surprise.

Sermon3/15/16 2:32 PM
Paul1111 from West Lafayette, IN  Find all comments by Paul1111
Movie Review: Young Messiah
David McManus
comments
“ Great job! ”
Thank you!

Sermon3/14/16 7:07 PM
ALFRED from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by ALFRED
comments
Matt 16:26, Something to think about, apply it to a nation.

Sermon3/14/16 8:40 AM
Tanya Pitman from Lexington SC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Tanya Pitman
You Are Rude
William J. Sturm
comments
Thank you again Pastor Bill for reminding others as well as myself this important principle in regarding " respectful behaviour " especially when we are to be bright lights in the darkness of this world, for Christ name sake....it's definitely our responsibility to keep in check how we conduct ourselves in ALL we do and speak. You always have a reminder for my weaknesses and with all of the weak, watered down, "so-called" christianity, no matter where we are in our walk with the Lord, it's the boldness of Pastors like you that tell what we need to hear!!!! Some may be offended...Well as a sister in Christ, The Bible does offend, because the Truth isn't what we want in the flesh, but needed for conviction of the Holy Spirit. Thanks again for this reminder.

Sermon3/7/16 6:39 PM
Luke Westefeld  Contact via emailFind all comments by Luke Westefeld
You Are Rude
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Refreshing ”
Nice to know I'm not the only one who is fed up with this trend. I was raised by a blind mother. Her whole life, everywhere she went she was automatically expected to disappoint for some reason as if she had less to offer because of her "disability". This led her to adopt the philosophy now lost on most: early is on time, on time is late, and late is fired. She instilled this in is from an early age to the extent that if I am not early, it bothers me even if others aren't remotely concerned... of course the Army also " gently" reinforces punctuality, though many seem to lose this perishable skill once they get too comfortable in their job.

Sermon3/6/16 9:02 PM
Mike from Cincinnati  Find all comments by Mike
comments
“ You're wrong Pastor Harris ”
The biggest problem this country is facing right now is broken borders and national security. The refugee situation and emigration is completely out of control. Donald Trump is no saint, but I really believe he is the best choice to keep America safe.

Sermon3/1/16 3:52 PM
Yuri  Contact via emailFind all comments by Yuri
I often feel I want to come home and wanting to be ministered to, knowing that I'm only a sensitive question away from a complete mental breakdown, but luckily it never happens as most churches are filled with congregations of broken people, doubting people, prayerless people, hurting people, that you never feel like you left your ministry abroad.

Sermon3/1/16 3:00 PM
Movie Review: Risen
David McManus
comments
“ Response to Matt B. ”
Thanks for the feedback, Matt! I think we are on the same page in that the movie certainly did not give a clear gospel message. Specifically, I would have liked to see the development of what led Clavius to leave his tribune ring on that table. What an opportunity to include the gospel! I guess I wasn't as hard on the film because as historical fiction, I don't know that they are obligated to present any major theological truths, but I think many in the audience would have welcomed it. Thanks again for the comment, and have a blessed day!

Sermon2/29/16 2:53 PM
Letty from Calif  Find all comments by Letty
comments
“ Candidates ”
I would go for Ted Cruz but I am turned off by the circle of influence he keeps-big supporters like:New Ager Mormon Glenn Beck and New Apostolic Reformation /Dominion Theology supporters (including his father Rafael Cruz)

Sermon2/28/16 11:57 PM
Karen from North  Find all comments by Karen
comments
“ Dig deeper ”
Rubio is still a practising Catholic. He does go on Saturday to the southern baptist mega church with wife but attends mass every Sunday. In fact he said he craves the Holy Sacrament -communion. Here is the link http://www.religionnews.com/2016/02/01/rubio-religion-catholic-evangelical/

Sermon2/28/16 4:40 PM
ALFRED from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by ALFRED
comments
All the above., If I had to choose one I would choose Secularization Read the article I sent Pastor Sturm from the American Thinker, Evangelicals Are Politically Irrelevant. I am a Cruz supporter, can I vote for Trump, I don't know. I will make my decision over the coming months. But, I believe the Republican Convention might have some surprises.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more

Kevin Swanson
The Man Who Ruined the World

John Maynard Keynes Exposed
Current Events
Generations Radio

Shawn Reynolds
Grace Abounding Over Sin

Grace Particular Baptist

Dr. D. Ralph Davis
Why Is Christ All You Need?

Colossians: Christ Above All