2,507 active users!Bandwidth

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 5 ·  Found: 1,098 total user comment(s)

Sermon5/17/14 7:32 AM
avidlistener  Find all comments by avidlistener
comments
“ Interesting Sermon! ”
I began listening to this but I couldn't finish. I am black and I consider myself conservative. I am also fundamental in my Christian beliefs. My pastor is white and so is most of the people that attend my church. I attend an independent Baptist KJB church. I understand that even for Christians it is difficult to speak on the issues of race and not take a defensive viewpoint. We are sinful men and we will always defend our "race" whether consciously or subconsciously. The best example I can give is if over 75% of this nation were well fed and had plenty to eat and 25% were starving

Sermon5/15/14 6:20 PM
B. McCausland from Northern Ireland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Sanctified thinking that goes along way! ”
Thanks for discussing sanctified attire. It is obvious the church is obsessed about portraying worldly images, rather than to reflect the image of a pure God in a fallen world. It is baffling to perceive how many fail to discern that showing cleavages or thighs, wearing cleaving items, bikinis/swimming suits, or unisex dress codes do not represent biblical values, but the world's.

Sermon5/14/14 1:24 PM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
10 Men Women Should NOT Marry
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Great List! ”
Speaking from experience, ditto from 1 - 10. The person who came up w/this list is right on. Spread the list to every woman because I was a "naive" Christian woman for a time. I have scars to prove. But, by God's great mercy and grace, I can speak about to others who are willing to listen - which not many are ready to hear. Great discussion.

Sermon5/14/14 3:04 AM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
comments
“ Good Discussion ”
It can go either way when it comes to parents not wanting their children to date outside their color group. My mother was a "professing" Christian and she did not want her children to marry a white person. I didn't mind one way or the other just as long as they "loved" each other I thought. But I also wasn't where I am today - born again from above by power of the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord. I've traveled many places and only but a few times felt the sting of racism. Each time when it occurred I felt sad for the other person because they didn't know - me. But as I grew in the Lord by the power of His Spirit, I understood the problem was the condition of their heart. What is in a person's heart will spill out - whether it be the fruit of the Spirit or fruit of the flesh (i.e., a hardened heart). I had compassion for them. I just left a church I attended for two years. The pastor was white and much of what he preached was what I considered hate speech towards blacks -- cloaked in his sermons. I never in all my life been subjected to this kind of abuse spilling out from the pulpit. Just about every Sunday he reminded the few there that we were black. He seemed to be bothered - always having something negative to say about black folk, their churches, Democrats, the President,

Sermon5/13/14 3:31 AM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
“ Sign of the Times ”
I stopped watching HGTV about a year or more ago because I saw what they were doing. It's a form of mental conditioning that will eventually lead others to accept a behavior. It's happening more and more on TV, in movies, and inside the Public Schools (e.g., Gay Straight Alliance Club - All are welcome.) Living in scary times. Thank you for covering the topic.

Sermon5/13/14 1:55 AM
Princess from Maryland  Find all comments by Princess
comments
“ Why compete? What for? ”
It was somewhat painful hearing the sermon. Why are we trying to be like the world when we are just passing through? There are serious problems with the so-called Christian movies that were mentioned. With all the "professing" Christians all over today, why is there so much confusion and division happening the church and amongst "professing" Christians? So then who are making the movies? Why are we wanting to compete with the world? Most of what I heard is how we can help God by making movies that will bring more people in so that they might one day be saved because it was a good "professing" Christian movie. Well I guess if we think God needs our help then yeah, let the world show us where we are going wrong when it comes to box office hits. Sounds like humanism to me coming from an Arminian point of view. God calls His people to be separate. Why are we trying to compete. Either God is in absolute control or He is not. I have not heard one word about the Holy Spirit. Moving forward in The Lord.

Sermon5/10/14 3:31 PM
Sister from Sweden  Contact via emailFind all comments by Sister
Post Tribulation Thieves of Joy
Sean E. Harris
comments
Thanks for this. A very good lesson for us who know less about the topic. Please give us more. All for Gods glory.

Sermon5/10/14 2:16 PM
Cezar from Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
comments
“ Sermon Comment ”
Basically, they want to sin. Many believe they can do what they want now, and come back to God later. It doesn't work that way.

Sermon5/9/14 10:32 PM
Cezar from Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
10 Men Women Should NOT Marry
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Suggestion ”
Now when will you be having a discussion on the ten women men shouldn't marry?

Sermon5/9/14 7:36 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
Post Tribulation Thieves of Joy
Sean E. Harris
comments
Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety. (Prov 11:14, ESV) Wonderful discussion. This is something that I can fully agree with you on. I wish more churches would have open discussions like Berean regularly does; and then invite comments. One of the big problems we have today is the few Christians who actually study their Bibles can be kool-aid drinkers of their favorite teachers, doctrines, and denominations, etc and refuse to even consider that, like Apollos, we may need the way of God explained to us more accurately. Alas, it will be unfortunate that, after listening to your podcast most pretribbers will hold steadfast to that modern teaching. Once the tribulation begins in earnest many will echo the fear that gripped the Thessalonians, "We have missed the rapture," and possibly, God forbid, out of ignorance be a part of the great apostasy. be blessed

Sermon5/9/14 6:57 PM
Cezar from Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
10 Men Women Should NOT Marry
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Marriage problems ”
More hate for men. That's what the article is about. Another reason people are not getting married. (See article below.) Majority of Single Christians Reject Idea of Waiting for Marriage to Have Sex http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=39005 Who wants to married someone who is used?

Sermon5/8/14 11:12 PM
alana from wisconsin  Find all comments by alana
Preschool Awards Chapel
Various Speakers
Thank you for sharing this video! It was a treat to watch it! God bless every one in this video! Every one was awesome!

Sermon5/6/14 11:14 PM
Chris S from Tampa  Find all comments by Chris S
“ Unfortunate but necessary commentary! ”
If I'm not mistaken,Robinson had already left a wife and child to follow this "lifestyle choice." Talk about not being above reproach in multiple ways.

Sermon5/5/14 11:09 PM
alana from wisconsin  Find all comments by alana
BBA Piano Recital 2014
Various Speakers
Thank you for sharing this video! All the students did a marvelous job doing their piano recitals! God bless every one of them! Again,very nice!

Sermon5/3/14 3:03 AM
New Data on China Abortions
William J. Sturm
“ Great tragedy. ”
Good message about an awful reality.

Sermon5/2/14 3:00 PM
s c from Oh  Find all comments by s c
comments
Carl has made some fine points...thank you Pastor Harris too. Of course, it would help us to realize that there is just the one race (i.e. human). Sterling will find out, if he hasn't, that those things which are done in secret often times are shouted from the proverbial "roof tops". Hopefully, he will come to the saving knowledge of Christ, then he wouldn't feel compelled to commit adultery and chase after girls who could be his granddaughter's age...save him a lot of regrets later on.

Sermon5/2/14 6:43 AM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to John G ”
You are right, brother. In fact, Paul linked the two (Acts 26:8).

Sermon5/1/14 6:34 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
comments
By the way, here are a few verses that stand out for me: God is not partial: Deut 10:17, Acts 10:34, Romans 2:11, Ephesians 6:9. We should not make distinctions of any sort among fellow believers: James 2:4 As a matter of fact James 2:8-9 makes it clear that any believer that shows partiality is a transgressor.

Sermon5/1/14 6:10 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
comments
“ Great Discussion! ”
This is a discussion that should be held in every church in America; and it spills over into every other area besides marriage. I belong to a predominantly black church and I find myself often rebuking the racial comments and actions done by black believers. It caused great weeping and gnashing of teeth each political cycle to see 90% plus of the congregation wed to the Democratic Party and every liberal black candidate. That brings up the point that the writer of that article should also acknowledge that there are black Sterlings incognito who would not have their black daughter wed a conservative black believer. Paul says, "Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife...?" 1 Cor NASB 9:5. The only required adjective that should be in front of a perspective wife or husband is "believing" (the KJV has "sister"). I think any believer that has a problem with interracial marriage or marriage between rich and poor or between different so-called castes then they deserve the same rebuke that Paul gave to Peter concerning his hypocrisy in withdrawing himself from fellowship with the gentile believers in Antioch over food. I believe this issue will always be there until the Lord arrives to straighten things out once and for all.

Sermon5/1/14 4:12 PM
comments
“ Reply Again to Alfred ”
I hear you, brother. If you know of other sources, I would love to have them.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more

Special Meeting

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church

Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sponsor: Hilarious Christian comedian for hire!
www.mutzie.com

He who has no vision of eternity will never get a true hold of time. ... Thomas Carlyle

City: Austin, TX