Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 5 ·  Found: 1,358 total user comment(s)

Sermon4/2/15 6:14 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to Benjamin ”
You are ill-informed disciple of the Ruckmanites. I say "ill-informed" because your hero, Sam Gipp's teacher, Peter S. Ruckman, wrote a booklet about the revisions. I own it. He calls them what I call them.

Sermon4/2/15 5:14 PM
Benjamin from West Texas  Find all comments by Benjamin
comments
“ Reply to Bill ”
There is no such thing as KJV "revisions." See Sam Gipp, "Answer Book," question #5. He that answerETH a matter before he hearETH it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Sermon3/25/15 10:02 AM
Lee from SC  Find all comments by Lee
Awesome sermon!!!!!

Sermon3/18/15 8:59 PM
gib ham from Indianapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by gib ham
Another One Bites the Dust
Sean E. Harris
comments
Amen pastor Harris. These pulpit pimps make me sick.

Sermon3/16/15 5:49 AM
Lee from SC  Find all comments by Lee
Amen bro!!!!! Amen!!!!

Sermon3/15/15 8:34 AM
glo  Find all comments by glo
Another One Bites the Dust
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Doesn't have to be either or ”
Seek out solid ministries in the area and on campus. Connect them with family life in the area. The PCA has RUF. We have an adopt a student program from college students in my church for accountability and care purposes. I've seen the Lord do amazing work with this arrangement. Many families don't have the money to send their children to college, let alone a private college. College debt is nothing to enter into lightly....

Sermon3/8/15 4:36 PM
alana from wisconsin  Find all comments by alana
excellent sermon video! I am really glad that I listened to this! thank you and God bless!!

Sermon3/6/15 9:37 PM
Vasiliki Mbillis from Queens, NY  Protected NameFind all comments by Vasiliki Mbillis
comments
P.S. I heard a few of you mention giving up Facebook for 40 days and am curious to what those people that are giving up FB are doing on FB. I am on FB often. I will try not to boast at this point but there is much good use to be made on FB. Several times a day I'll share a post from Missing Children Pages, sadly there are thousands, maybe millions of missing children. I am constantly posting scripture. I post articles from Christian Media sources. I have posted sermons from SermonAudio and others. Informative posts about autism or toxic foods. So giving up FB for 40 days for me would be a disservice. God Bless you and Keep you. Excellent work.

Sermon3/6/15 9:23 PM
comments
I grew around family members, Catholic and Orthodox who participated in the Lent season. The Orthodox Greeks treated it more seriously than giving up chocolate they almost starved themselves during these 40 days but they also went to church twice a year. For the Catholics it was fasting on Fridays for the most part, not eating meat. For the most part I believe it was very superficial. Although, fasting for 40 days, eating almost nothing, entails some suffering, I did it once and was very hungry and remembering thinking of Christ when I want to cheat. In the end it always felt like a tradition that was maintained for show or to earn some points with God.

Sermon3/6/15 8:29 PM
Very Informative Gentlemen, thank you. The most interesting part being P. Sean, you mention the Muslims do not trust the authority of the New Testament and then I believe P. Bill said something to the affect that when the Muslims read that Jesus said, He will send us a Comforter, the Muslims would think He was talking about Mohammed. That being said, the Muslims are trusting parts of the New Testament. Which does make them no different then Catholics and Greek ORthodox ad many others who pick and choose which parts of God's Word they want to believe. In my experience that is due to a bias of sorts. If we can get to the root of the bias maybe the authority of the Word will not be so questionable to them. God Bless You, keep up the great work. Excellent.

Sermon3/6/15 7:05 PM
Chris S from Tampa  Find all comments by Chris S
Enjoyed the discussion....don't abandon the movement, it could use more biblical balanced works.

Sermon3/6/15 12:23 PM
B. McCausland  Contact via emailFind all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Distracted or confused ”
Our day suffers from smudged concepts of what a Christian is. There are only two groups of peoples in this world, the ones for Christ or ‘in Christ’, and those against Christ, say the enemies of the cross. However, the 21ts century endorses a larger category incorporating the backsliding Christian, the nominal Christian, the carnal Christian, the none-committed Christian, the worldly Christian, the separate brethren, and now, the ‘Pagan Christian’ as all belonging to the first group above. However, Philippians 3:18-19 defines the enemies of the cross as those ‘whose end is destruction’. The enemies of the cross are not Christians who act like ‘pagan Christians’; they are simply NOT born again. ‘Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin, and is of the devil’ “Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.” By the way people apply these truths, we might identify who speaks from Christ’s fold and who doesn’t. “Mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample, for many … are the enemies of the cross of Christ” Advice from any outside of the fold of Christ should not entertain our speculations, or consume the space of our instruction.

Sermon3/6/15 8:27 AM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
“ Agree ”
I agree with the statements made concerning Lent. I would love to see the Berean pastors having a discussion of the place of regular fasting (and prayer) in the believer's life. Sometimes I think that we as modern Christians are willing to eschew many religious traditions - for the sake of not seeming religious. But yet we often skip some completely.

Sermon3/5/15 10:37 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
comments
“ INFORMATIVE ”
Thanks for the examples. I am going to look for the marginal notes of the KJV translators. I like reading footnotes and commentaries. There are many tools to help us study the Bible. Also, I like comparing translations. Thanks for pointing out the fact that there is an agenda/a bias behind some translations. We are to be discerning.

Sermon3/5/15 8:31 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Dangerous or beneficial? ”
When evaluating Bible translations it is dangerous to blindly, or unfairly justify preconceived allegations or pretexts against a version for the sake of it merely. As attempted in some measure in this presentation, when finding apparent inaccuracies it is judicious to assess in depth and with noble reliability, not only the accuracy of the word rendering, but the character, bias, origins, purpose, motives, theological stand, manuscript source, and personal agenda of those in charge. Following such guideline, the safer stand of the AV above other translations can be upheld. There is no need to fear for cults to assert Christ as a created being because of the rendering of ‘only begotten’ for the Greek word monogen?s in John 1:18 when this is the actual meaning of the word. The deity and preexistence of Christ can be proved from other parts of Scripture.

Sermon3/4/15 11:03 AM
Carl E from Australia  Find all comments by Carl E
Fight Now and Rest Later
Sean E. Harris
Good, strong preaching!

Sermon3/3/15 8:35 AM
Michael Hranek from Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
comments
“ Watch the Video! ”
Pastor Harris, I am so thankful that you all have a video of your message, as it adds greatly in being able to see the examples you present. Thank you so much for an honest teaching on the issue of translations. It has encouraged me, even though I use the KJV at present in my preaching and teaching to remain 'multi-translational' in my convictions as having a better depth of understanding the use of good translations and good Bible dictionaries give helps me much in my faith, my love for Him and to love those the Lord Jesus Christ died for and to witness to them the Gospel

Sermon3/2/15 3:11 PM
Going to Hell, Casting Out Demons
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Response to Brother Walt ”
If God will allow, I will continue to enjoy Matthew in this fashion. Thanks for commenting.

Sermon2/28/15 10:46 AM
Henry Walter Holt Jr from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameFind all comments by Henry Walter Holt Jr
Going to Hell, Casting Out Demons
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Fantastic exposition of Mathew ”
Excellent call to cast away tradition and to examine the Scripture for the Truth that lies within its pages. We all, Church universal, need to remember we are all called to be good Bereans.

Sermon2/27/15 3:57 PM
Ashlee Anderson from Fayetteville  Find all comments by Ashlee Anderson
comments
How wonderful it is to have our children with us to worship on Sunday nights. I love our Sunday school class as well. We also attend an at home Bible study. We have closer fellowship and a deeper time of digging into the Word because of how small the group is. As far as oversight goes, we have priesthood of the believer. I'm not going to a Bible study that is off base. I would have no problem walking out if we went to one that wasn't Scripturally sound.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more

Dr. James M. Phillips
Creation Vs Evolution #26

Creation From Hebrew Text
Discover The Word With Dr...

Scott T. Brown
On The Highway of Holiness

Isaiah
Hope Baptist Church

Vincent Wall
Former Catholic and the Mass

Newcastle Baptist Tabernacle
Video DVD

Sermon: Don't Lie but Speak the Truth!
Ron Lewis