Maumee Valley Bible Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Maumee Valley Bible Baptist Church
Jonathan Modene  |  Toledo, Ohio

Sermon8/22/06 12:34 AM
Ernie
The Reconciled Man Part 2
Jonathan Modene
comments
“ Highly Recomended Sermon! ”
Pastor Modene, I have listened to many of your sermons, but this was one of your best. You are one of the preachers I listen to on sermonaudio because of your bold stance to preach the truth without compromise. I hope some others will listen to this sermon as I am sure it will greatly benefit those that do. May God continue to bless you and your ministry!

Sermon8/11/06 3:47 AM
David Spear from Manassas, VA  Contact via email
(Sermon no longer available)
“ Wow ”
I was wondering if you could provide some documentation for R.C Sproul Jr. being a drunken bum. Also, would it possible for you to provide the date that you visited R.C's church. I'd like to check some of this stuff out. Thanks, Dave

Sermon7/8/06 4:52 AM
Rev. Rafael D Martinez, Spiritwatch Ministries from The Holy City, Cleveland, TN  Contact via email
The Faith of Joel Osteen
Jonathan Modene
comments
“ Our ministry take on Joel Osteen ”
http://www.spiritwatch.org/behindsmile.ram A well known book called "Slouching To Gomorrah" captured well the present spirit of the age. For all of his sincerity and enthusiasm, brother Osteen's attempts to marshal faith in God to "live at your full potential" miss two essentials to do so: Christ and the Gospel. Our ministry teaching done in a live conference will give our own perspective on this.

Sermon4/19/06 10:57 PM
albert lorentz from conroe, texas  Contact via email
The Dayspring
“ A faithful preacher ”
Pastor Modenes preaching is brilliant, a combination of solid biblical doctrine juxtaposed against our post-modern world. Pastor Modene shows us how to be a peculiar people without being bizarre, how to be separated without being cultish and how to walk confidently faithful in a faithless and perverse age.

Sermon3/9/06 7:24 PM
Roger Langley from Toronto,Canada  Contact via email
comments
Fine preaching brother Modene. I have been making audio cd's of your messages and listening to them on my way to the office which is an hour and a half away an so redeem the time. We need more straight from the heart preaching like this.

Sermon3/4/06 5:38 PM
Ken from Hong Kong  Contact via email
comments
Thank you for this great sermon.

Sermon2/25/06 11:09 PM
Paul B from Brunswick, ME  Contact via email
comments
Thankyou Brother Cloud for this wonderful sermon. I agree with you one hundred percent on this topic. The reason is because it lines up with the Bible. God Bless

Sermon12/4/05 4:12 PM
Ernie
The Faith of the Bitter Christian
Jonathan Modene
Preach on, Brother Modene, you are truly a man of God by preaching this message of truth I needed to hear. Bitterness certainly is something that EVERY Christian needs to eliminate in their life. As you stated, "Dwelling on it can only defeat you!' Well worth the time to listen to. God bless you, Sir, and your ministry. I only wish I lived closer to your church.

Sermon11/24/05 4:01 PM
ErnieG
This sermon is full of sound doctrine and it is not recommended for those with "itching ears"! The verse in 1 Cor. 13:5, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" fits in very well. God bless you, Pastor Modene, for being strong and standing fast in the faith!

Sermon11/3/05 4:13 PM
R. D. from Tulsa, OK
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
What would you expect from an Apostate? The scripture says.....my sheep know me and another they will not follow..? Who or what is he following? He's a drop in the bucket.......just watch TBN and you'll see the whole gammit of apostates.

Sermon10/13/05 1:44 AM
Noel from Singapore
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
The other statement of Joel Osteen... 2. "I'M FOR EVERYBODY" Jesus so clearly states in Mat 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. " The Lord so strongly says in Rev3:15-16, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. " So you have a multitude of 30,000 people each weekend who follow and listen to this man who is not even sure which way leads to the Father in heaven. So where is he leading them? Whoever does not know the way to the Father in heaven surely ends up in HELL. John 3:18 says, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." May the Lord Jesus remember them in His mercy.

Sermon10/13/05 1:41 AM
noel from Singapore
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
After reading the transcript on Joel Osteen interview, two statements that I noted that brought questions as well: 1. "I DON'T KNOW." He was ordained by his father to pastor his church. I read an article quoting him saying (I think the article came out a week after they opened their new arena), "They treat their church as a business." It sure seems like a family business. Since he didn't go to any Theological school (not that it's important), it makes me ponder on these questions: Did he study the bible? Does he read it everyday? If he does, has he ever gone through regeneration by the Holy Spirit? I have no doubt that if he can answer "Yes" to these questions he would be very clear of his stand and he will have the conviction to make that stand as Christ did when he told the Jews, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He (the Messiah, the Saviour and THE ONLY SAVIOUR), ye shall die in your sins." (John 8:24). The least I would expect from him is quote a verse from the bible such as John 14:6: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. " I'm afraid he may give the same answer to these questions, "I DON'T KNOW." (cont)

Sermon10/12/05 8:27 PM
David from New Jersey  Contact via email
The Faith of Joel Osteen
Jonathan Modene
comments
“ Great Sermon...But ”
There is vurtually nothing I can say that was in this sermon that I disagree with. Joel Osteen never preaches the gospel of grace because there is no biblical sin to be atoned for. There are just messages on how to improve your life and how to make up for the wrongs that you have done. However, Pastor Modene, although he emphasises prayer never mentions the central purpose of prayer. Namely our salvation through Christ and the promises of God to save our sin sick souls through Christ's shed blood atonement. He accused Joel Osteen of averting the very thing he, himself averts and what Joel Osteen's people need to hear in this sermon. The Law in all of it's sternness and the Gospel in all of it's sweetness.

Sermon10/11/05 7:59 PM
Karen from Texas
The Faith of John Piper
comments
This sermon is not about John Piper. At at the end of the sermon, Modene uses John Piper as an illustration. The sermon is an excellent warning to keep alert by holding to the word of God and to think biblically no matter who the teacher may be. I fear that John Piper is like the frog in the pot which slowly gets cooked for dinner one degree at a time. Piper strayed from a biblical viewpoint and biblical catagories when began espousing his Christian hedonism. He continues to get further and further from the word of God and biblical thinking. Contrary to Piper, the gospel is not a Quest for Joy (see Bethlehem Baptist Church's website). The Bible certainly says much about joy, but the gospel is simply, "Believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."

Sermon9/8/05 12:08 PM
Jay
The Faith of Joel Osteen
Jonathan Modene
comments
“ POWERFUL! ”
Don't be mislead! This is not just a sermon about Joel Olsteen, it's really about people who call themselves christian and have weak faith. It's real easy to call yourself a christian and fall into the same category as Olsteen. He sounds like a sincere person but his faith is not strong enough to guide people. His faith would at some point be compromised with the world's view. This sermon is probably one of the most impactful sermons I've heard yet on this site. I REALLY felt compelled to exercise my faith even more than usual, and to read and study the word of God more frequently than normal. I felt really convicted by listening to this sermon. God bless you, Br. Modene, and future listeners.

Sermon9/6/05 7:05 AM
John
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
Joel osteens response to what he said on the larry king show. http://www.joelosteen.com/site/PageServer?pagename=LarryKingLetter

Sermon8/28/05 9:20 PM
Diane Albano from Toms River, Nj  Contact via email
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
It's About time someone has the courage to call the kettle black. I knew something was fishy with Olsteen when I seen him carefully choose his words on Larry's Show. Good for you. Teach the saints to pick out the wolves in Sheep's Clothing. God Bless

Sermon8/22/05 11:26 PM
Karen from Texas
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
The August 2005 issue of Texas Monthly has a cover story on Joel Osteen. See the cover here: www.texasmonthly.com Looking at the cover picture made me nauseated. How anyone can read the Bible, the persecutions of Paul, the admonitions about pastors being humble servants, etc. and act like this? Mr. Osteen may be a sincere man. But he is sincerely wrong! Perhaps the Lord will show him the error of his ways.

Sermon8/22/05 9:41 PM
Donna H. from Houston
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
A great sermon that obviously is a result of great faith on the part of the speaker! Thank you for your comments!!

Sermon8/19/05 12:11 PM
Howie Davis from Brighton, Michigan  Contact via email
The Faith of Joel Osteen
comments
Ha! Ha! Brother Jon! Preach Christ crucified! You take absolutely NO Prisoners! The more I hear you, the more I want to come down and tell you and your flock about the false prophets I see. The scorpions! The locusts. Here now! Be not mistaken those who have eyes and cannot see. Ears, and cannot hear! So few can pray. Fewer are blessed with the one-on-one with our CREATOR! The Holy Spirit does not dwell where darkness dwells. He has almost left the planet. When He does the lights are going out!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Shawn Reynolds
Faithful is He to Call AND Do

Grace Particular Baptist

Blog 12/22/14
I'll Be Home for Christmas

New York Gospel Mission
merry chr­istm­as! hol­iday fest­iv­it­ies are in full swing...

Top 10 Puritan Hard Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..