Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!

WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014

Broadcaster Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help
HTML Embed | Demo
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
Doug VanderMeulen  |  Fargo, North Dakota

Sermon1/29/09 4:31 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be Transformed - Romans 12:1-2
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ A Passionate Sermon Part II ”
Thus, we are called to continuous repentance, and the Lord God Almighty sanctifies us. As we repent of our worldliness, our great and merciful God through His Son Jesus Christ does a work in us so we may not be Golden Calf worshippers (worldliness), but true worshippers of the living triune God. I am leaving my computer now and will travel home on the subway, but I am going in a spirit of repentance for my worldliness and with the earnest faith that the Lord God Almighty will complete the work in me that He has begun. It is also my intention to burn this sermon onto a few CDs and distribute them as I have with many other of Pastor Doug's sermons during the past few years.

Sermon1/29/09 4:25 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be Transformed - Romans 12:1-2
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ A Passionate Sermon - Part I ”
Earlier today I was studying the web site of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. I was struck again, as I have been many times, with their strong emphasis on repenting of our worldliness as Christians. That really gives us something to think about and do, does it not? Later in the day, I felt an insistent call and need to listen to one of Pastor Doug's sermons. I tuned into "Be Transformed," a sermon based on Romans 12:1-2. I sat glued to my desk chair, soaking in every word.Certainly, if you enjoy listening to Pastor Doug's sermons this one ranks among the most passionately delivered. One can hear in the tone as well as the words that the theme of this sermon is one that he cares about with every ounce of energy in him, in every cell in his body. So many points are made they I won't comment on all, but one stands out: namely, it is so easy to look "good" in this dark and fallen world, this evil age. (By the way, how often do you hear preachers refer to our age as an "evil age?" My comment: "the truth will set us free.") The age is so dark that even a little righteousness seems to shine with brilliance. Yet, Pastor Doug stresses that even the "good Christian" is immersed in a life colored and textured and imprinted by worldliness.

Sermon1/2/09 2:24 PM
Jon Cardwell from Anniston, Alabama  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
comments
“ Excellent Message! ”
Truly an excellent exegisis of this text and an outstanding perspective of what our christianity should be at large, and what our persective should be of the church in particular.

Sermon12/19/08 2:37 AM
The Love Of God
Jerry Bridges
“ Great encouragement. ”
Great encouragement from Isaiah 49:14,15 - God will never forget us, will never leave us. We must trust in His promises in His Word, not in our subjective feelings. We can do that by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Sermon12/9/08 7:06 PM
DJC49 from Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
Even the amillennialists among us will agree that this sermon brings out a very interesting and edifying point concerning Israel's future vis-a-vis the Church. God ALWAYS does much greater and wonderfully than we ever could imagine!

Sermon12/9/08 10:29 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
comments
Amen! Be sure to hear this wonderful message! Yes, let God's elect church be the church, and let the redeemed of the Lord say so! (The Lord knoweth them that are His!)... This sermon was a comfort for me to hear in these troubled times...(For such a time as this)...I am glad that these inspirational messages are being heard all over the world!

Sermon11/21/08 3:43 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
A Call To Confidence - Psalm 108
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Hear This And Be Uplifted! ”
"Deep worship begins with a deep understanding of who He is...." This statement from this sermon resonates with the power of God to comfort and to know the True Source of that comfort. I have felt like a "dry Christian" for about six months now, and especially since the Presidential election results. Today, I returned to my desk at the end of my workday, and determined to listen to a sermon by Pastor Doug. I selected this sermon, and truly The Comforter was guiding me. This sermon will help anyone overcome dryness and a sense of frustration with his or her Christian walk. If you can only spare 15 minutes to listen to part of this sermon, it will be a special time you won't regret.

Sermon10/29/08 2:26 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
“ Hallelujah...! ”
Hallelujah! Thank the Lord for the one true Gospel that eternally saves the soul!

Sermon10/29/08 9:46 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Grace, Not Race - Romans 9:1-13
Doug VanderMeulen
Great message with a unique title besides! Much truth found here for your listening! He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!

Sermon10/28/08 5:45 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Be sure to hear this great message from Romans chapter nine!

Sermon10/28/08 5:18 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Wonderful message! Be sure to hear this one!

Sermon10/28/08 4:18 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
God Is For Us - Romans 8:31-39
Doug VanderMeulen
Amen! Hear this wonderful message about true biblical Christian assurance from Romans chapter eight! Yes, our eternal salvation is of the Lord!

Sermon9/6/08 7:42 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Great Sermon! Deeper Than Deep ”
This is the first of a series on sanctification by Pastor Doug. It should be required listening in seminaries across the land. I took many notes on the first sermon, but the ideas were coming so quickly in the third that I could only sit quietly and give the Lord thanks and praise. At the same time as i was listening to these sermons, I was taking a mini-course on Biblical Counseling and Sanctification at the NY School of the Bible. We used Jay Adams' short volume Growing By Grace as our textbook. I found it to be a good complement reading to go along with the sermon series.

Sermon8/26/08 10:15 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Great message! It is never "too late" to learn the true gospel, but I sure wish I could have heard good sovereign grace preaching like this 50 years ago!

Sermon8/24/08 12:46 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
The Adoption As Sons - Romans 8:15
Doug VanderMeulen
Thank you for these wonderful messages from Romans!

Sermon6/8/08 10:55 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! In The Spirit Comment Part III ”
but they do not see their own odiousness on account of sin; they do not see the hateful nature of sin; a sense of this is given in evangelical humiliation by a discovery of the beauty of God’s holiness and moral perfection….In a legal humiliation men are made sensible that they are little and nothing before the great and terrible God…but they have not an answerable frame of heart, consisting in a disposition to abase themselves, and exalt God alone.” I hope it is not overstating the case to say that this reading was an answered prayer, and that there is a real affinity between what Pastor Doug preached and the explanation of “evangelical humiliation” described in Edwards’ book. It was a great subway ride, and, amazingly, when the guest preacher began preaching he main theme was the need for – you guessed it – a change of perspective. Yet, he didn’t touch on this theme of living in the spirit at all, but stayed with the idea of doing good works by exercising our gift of helps or gift of hospitality. When we come to the communion of the Lord’s Supper, we are called upon to examine ourselves. Do we ask ourselves whether we are advancing in our faith by meeting the behavioral requirements of Christianity, or are we trusting in the spirit in “evangelical humiliation?”

Sermon6/8/08 10:51 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! In the Spirit Comment Part II ”
I had believed that these rules represented the do’s and don’ts of Christianity. If they are not the means to live in the spirit, what are? For days after listening to this sermon, I pondered the thoughts I heard and prayed to the Lord for greater clarity. Then, on Sunday, June 8, I took Jonathan Edwards’ book Religious Affections with me to read on the subway while my family and I were on the way to church from Brooklyn to Manhattan. I began reading the section entitled, “Gracious affection are attended with evangelical humiliation.” What an incredible piece of writing! At the outset of that section he distinguishes between “a legal and [an] evangelical humiliation.” He says, “The former is what men may be the subjects of, while they are yet in a state of nature…the latter is peculiar to true saints. The former is from the common influence of the Spirit of God, assisting natural principles and especially natural conscience; the latter is from the special influences of the Spirit of God, implanting and exercising supernatural and divine principles:…In the former, a sense of the awful greatness and natural perfections of God, and of the strictness of His law, convinces men that they are exceeding guilty and exposed to the wrath of God…

Sermon6/8/08 10:49 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! Are You In The Spirit Comment Part I ”
THIS IS PART I of three comments on this profound sermon....... I have twice listened to this sermon by Pastor Doug. It’s as deep as one might wish to go into the subject of one’s walk with Christ and the nature of “salvation.” While listening I felt that I understood the initial example where the initial example of rappelling down a wall showed that once Pastor Doug let go, years ago, and went out the window for his first rappelling experience, he no longer had misgivings but kept going back to try that experience again and again. He likened his change of perspective about rappelling to a change in perspective that is needed if a Christian is to understand what it is to “live in the spirit.” So far, so good. However, when he came to the section on rules, I became somewhat unsettled. He told about rules at his Bible college about smoking, drinking, visiting the girls’ dorm, shows of affection on campus, and other regulations. These activities were supposed to help one to become a better Christian. While Pastor Doug did not deny that these rules might have some efficacy, he stated that these activities would not make one a better Christian. How could I agree with this without falling into antinomianism?

Sermon5/24/08 5:18 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
The Sin Offering - Leviticus 4
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Intriguing and Inspiring ”
Pastor Doug takes us inside the Levitical priesthood of ancient Israel, and shares with us the gospel message embedded in the seemingly arcane rules of the sacrificial system. He shares many insights but two I find particularly interesting are (1) that the sin of the high priest has the effect of contaminating the entire congregation, and (2) the sin that is atoned for is unintentional sin (i.e., not a defiant sin). Listening to Pastor Doug's series on Leviticus definitely enhances my understanding of Christ as the Lamb of God who is sacrificed on the Cross for the remission of my sins. Thus, though I remain a sinner, I may proceed on a path of righteousness for His Name's sake, spiritually aiming towards the holiness of God.

Sermon5/23/08 10:51 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
“ Wonderful Message! ”
Hear this wonderful message about God's great Sovereign Grace and true Christian assurance!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM

Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..