Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

AUG 29, 2015

MyChurch: cbcfargo
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
Doug VanderMeulen  |  Fargo, North Dakota

Sermon10/7/09 1:06 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ The Peace That Comes From Knowing Christ ”
I listened to this sermon about ten days ago. To say, that Jesus is lifted up by Pastor Doug is to understate the case. Last night, as I struggled with my bronchitis which has persisted for almost three weeks, I awoke in a sweat at 3:00 a.m. My mind turned immediately to Jesus Christ as I contemplated His Sonship and His Glory. He is my high priest, not a Levitical priest who sacrificed animals, but a priest who came to offer Himself as a propitiation for my sins. He is my prophet, who revealed that He will someday come again in glory. And he is my King who breathes strength and hope into my life everyday (I love Psalm 24). Pastor Doug leads us again to the wonderful Scripture where the Old Testament gives partial pictures of Christ. The Gospels which portray the sinless life of Christ, and the Epistles that amplify our understanding of the one who came in glory to be our God. Blessings, Jeff

Sermon9/20/09 5:32 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ The compassion and power of Christ are lifted up ”
This sermon is incredibly sensitive to the compassion and power of Christ. Too often, especially among liberals, the parable of the Good Samaritan is offered as the optimal expression of Christ's forgiveness and compassion. Yet, Pastor Doug takes the episode of calming the storm to reveal not only Jesus' power, but to expose our fear in our relationship with Him, as well as His incredible compassion towards sinful humanity whom He has saved. Everyone should listen to this sermon and HANG ON EVERY WORD. I'm burning copies, and will distribute them.

Sermon9/20/09 5:22 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ So Sensitive to the Compassion and Power of Christ ”
I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, and began taking medication. Today, I felt too weak to attend church (it's a long subway ride from Brooklyn into Manhattan). As I so often do, even when it's not Sunday, I went to Pastor Doug's sermon list, and chose this sermon. Dear friends, this sermon is about the power of the human Jesus and His compassion. Too often, in many peoples' minds (especially the liberals) the image of the compassionate Jesus focuses on the parable of the Good Samaritan. However, Pastor Doug uses this episode of Jesus calming the storm to reveal the humanity, compassion, and power of Christ. The Lord is lifted up, and the nature of our fear when we are in His presence is exposed. He is still our Prophet and King; yet, He is also with us closer than a brother. I cannot recap here the many details of this sermon that reveal Christ's love, and the difficulties we experience accepting His love. Let me just say, I'm going to burn copies of this sermon, and urge everyone who is reading these words to hang on every word. Yes, brothers and sisters, Christ is lifted up in a profound way in this sermon, and no one can listen to this sermon without having a more intimate walk with the Christ.

Sermon8/5/09 8:59 PM
Cindy Toolsie from Toronto, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cindy Toolsie
comments
This sermon is so true of my life, I felt so crushed, this loneliness has become a real part of my life, my endurance is strengthened after listening, that's why I cling to my SAVIOUR throught the great Pastors of sermonaudio, thanks to all for the encouraging WORD of The LORD, it's this very kind of preaching that keeps me hanging on. Praise GOD. Thank you.

Sermon7/23/09 4:14 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
When Christians Disagree - Romans 14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Sermon Comment - Part II ”
(this is a continuation of a list of circumstantial questions that I had to deal with over the years where I had to determine my beliefs regarding the extent to which particular behaviors were merely a matter of one's individual "comfort zone," and which constituted a departure from sound doctrine: 7.Is it Biblical to go with one's co-workers to a bar after work on Friday afternoons even if one orders a Pepsi or a tomato juice every time? 8.How much can one joke around? 9.Should one's daughter be allowed to show bare midriff? wear shorts? how short? 10.Should one attend a church with a woman pastor? 11.Should one even attend a charismatic service? Should one preach at a charismatic service if invited?(There would be many there who like the teachings of Benny Hinn, Frederick Price, or the Copelands.) 12. Should I attend a Roman Catholic confirmation service of my niece? These are twelve of many issues I faced during my 22 years as a born again Christian who now is a Calvinist. I hope this list adds to the reality of the concerns expressed in Pastor Doug's sermon, and are blessed to know that the Lord God Almighty is with us as we wrestle our way through these and other issues.

Sermon7/23/09 3:59 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
When Christians Disagree - Romans 14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ To Fight or Not To Fight? ”
This is a deep, thought-provoking sermon about when to "fight" against certain practices as being un-Biblical, and when to accept those practices that are not our own though practiced by another professing Christian. Pastor Doug tells us that we need to seek a balance. Sometimes we need to oppose certain practices because accepting those practices would do a disservice to sound doctrine. Other times, the difference in practice simply amounts to respect of different individuals within the Christian faith-walk. It's a great topic, and one that came up more often for me during the first five to ten years after I was born again. 1.Can a Christian even touch alcoholic beverages? 2.Should I as a born again Jew worship the Lord on Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday? 3.Is it legitimate to listen to all different types of music? 4.Is a Jewish believer obligated to keep the rules of kosher eating? 5.To what extent can one rise in business or the corporate ladder and still retain one's integrity? 6.Is it Biblical for a Christian woman to wear a bikini to a pool party? Is it Biblical for my Christian friend to take a non-Christian woman friend to a pool party where she wore a bikini? (To be continued in a second comment....)

Sermon4/16/09 6:28 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
AMEN...! Thank you for this wonderful, timely message! People really need to hear this one!

Sermon2/20/09 10:35 PM
Jeff Ludwig, from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig,
“ A Needed Antidote to Fear ”
This is a wonderful, heartening sermon on the accountability of those in authority. Pastor Doug reminds us that all our Presidents will be buried. They will be judged by Almighty God just as all souls who have any authority ... teachers, parents, employers, etc. He ends the sermon passionately directing our hearts and minds to think about our certain, unchanging, secure, and abounding God. Suddenly a vision of the fixedness of God, of His strength, stability, and reliability encourages us. If we are apprehensive of any political leaders, our great God is Who He Is(remember: "I Am Who Am"?). I was inspired and more than hopeful after listening to this sermon, and the follow-up sermon on the coming crisis amplified the theme of this message, and I also recommend it. (P.S. Before writing this comment I watched a brief video of Oprah announcing that all is consciousness and we live not by belief but by feelings. Wow! It's on YouTube. Dear Brothers and Sisters, let's listen to the Word of God as preached by Pastor Doug and remain steadfast in the Word and the Promises of Almighty God. We were redeemed for a purpose and that purpose as we read in the Westminster Shorter Catechism is to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. Amen.

Sermon1/31/09 12:17 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Back To Basics! Jesus Christ is not a socialist! ”
This semon by C. Rauser should be included in every economics 101 course in the USA. The Biblical basis for understanding money, ownership, productivity, competition, and profit are all sketched out. Mr. Rauser makes it clear that, properly understood, all these elements of the economic life of our country are encouraged and upheld by the Word of God. As a high school teacher in a large public high school in NYC, I meet a lot of teachers who are liberals-verging-on-socialism and some who are outspoken communists. This sermon will help me and others stay focused on truth, and stay away from class warfare and a rejection of capitalism. Mr. Rauser speaks about the importance of money in our economic system. Studying the life of A. Lincoln, I can't forget how changed his life was by his first encounter with the money economy (he lived in a barter economy during his early years). He saw opportunities for personal growth and service that he never imagined for himself before he became aware of the significance of money. Thank you for this excellent and timely sermon!

Sermon1/29/09 4:31 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be Transformed - Romans 12:1-2
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ A Passionate Sermon Part II ”
Thus, we are called to continuous repentance, and the Lord God Almighty sanctifies us. As we repent of our worldliness, our great and merciful God through His Son Jesus Christ does a work in us so we may not be Golden Calf worshippers (worldliness), but true worshippers of the living triune God. I am leaving my computer now and will travel home on the subway, but I am going in a spirit of repentance for my worldliness and with the earnest faith that the Lord God Almighty will complete the work in me that He has begun. It is also my intention to burn this sermon onto a few CDs and distribute them as I have with many other of Pastor Doug's sermons during the past few years.

Sermon1/29/09 4:25 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be Transformed - Romans 12:1-2
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ A Passionate Sermon - Part I ”
Earlier today I was studying the web site of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. I was struck again, as I have been many times, with their strong emphasis on repenting of our worldliness as Christians. That really gives us something to think about and do, does it not? Later in the day, I felt an insistent call and need to listen to one of Pastor Doug's sermons. I tuned into "Be Transformed," a sermon based on Romans 12:1-2. I sat glued to my desk chair, soaking in every word.Certainly, if you enjoy listening to Pastor Doug's sermons this one ranks among the most passionately delivered. One can hear in the tone as well as the words that the theme of this sermon is one that he cares about with every ounce of energy in him, in every cell in his body. So many points are made they I won't comment on all, but one stands out: namely, it is so easy to look "good" in this dark and fallen world, this evil age. (By the way, how often do you hear preachers refer to our age as an "evil age?" My comment: "the truth will set us free.") The age is so dark that even a little righteousness seems to shine with brilliance. Yet, Pastor Doug stresses that even the "good Christian" is immersed in a life colored and textured and imprinted by worldliness.

Sermon1/2/09 2:24 PM
Jon Cardwell from Anniston, Alabama  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
comments
“ Excellent Message! ”
Truly an excellent exegisis of this text and an outstanding perspective of what our christianity should be at large, and what our persective should be of the church in particular.

Sermon12/19/08 2:37 AM
The Love Of God
Jerry Bridges
“ Great encouragement. ”
Great encouragement from Isaiah 49:14,15 - God will never forget us, will never leave us. We must trust in His promises in His Word, not in our subjective feelings. We can do that by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Sermon12/9/08 7:06 PM
DJC49 from Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
Even the amillennialists among us will agree that this sermon brings out a very interesting and edifying point concerning Israel's future vis-a-vis the Church. God ALWAYS does much greater and wonderfully than we ever could imagine!

Sermon12/9/08 10:29 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
comments
Amen! Be sure to hear this wonderful message! Yes, let God's elect church be the church, and let the redeemed of the Lord say so! (The Lord knoweth them that are His!)... This sermon was a comfort for me to hear in these troubled times...(For such a time as this)...I am glad that these inspirational messages are being heard all over the world!

Sermon11/21/08 3:43 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
A Call To Confidence - Psalm 108
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Hear This And Be Uplifted! ”
"Deep worship begins with a deep understanding of who He is...." This statement from this sermon resonates with the power of God to comfort and to know the True Source of that comfort. I have felt like a "dry Christian" for about six months now, and especially since the Presidential election results. Today, I returned to my desk at the end of my workday, and determined to listen to a sermon by Pastor Doug. I selected this sermon, and truly The Comforter was guiding me. This sermon will help anyone overcome dryness and a sense of frustration with his or her Christian walk. If you can only spare 15 minutes to listen to part of this sermon, it will be a special time you won't regret.

Sermon10/29/08 2:26 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
“ Hallelujah...! ”
Hallelujah! Thank the Lord for the one true Gospel that eternally saves the soul!

Sermon10/29/08 9:46 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Grace, Not Race - Romans 9:1-13
Doug VanderMeulen
Great message with a unique title besides! Much truth found here for your listening! He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!

Sermon10/28/08 5:45 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Be sure to hear this great message from Romans chapter nine!

Sermon10/28/08 5:18 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Wonderful message! Be sure to hear this one!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9