Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 4 ·  Found: 1,630 total user comment(s)

Sermon4/9/16 8:57 AM
Walter Holt from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Walter Holt
A Discussion Concerning Hell
William J. Sturm
“ Good Teaching is such a valuable commodity ”
Excellent Sermon Bill. Expository preaching is such a valuable asset to the Body of Christ. It helps combat the Biblical Illiteracy plaguing the Christian Church. Keep up the faithful work entrusted to you.

Sermon4/6/16 9:02 AM
JHB from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by JHB
Intro to Zoroaster
William J. Sturm
comments
Interesting topic. I hope you will be able to add all of the lessons to sermon audio.

Sermon4/5/16 5:53 PM
Jefferson from Fayetteville  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jefferson
comments
Great information it appears to me that we are experiencing a time where feeling Trumps understanding I am for Ted Cruz I can't see myself voting for Trump under any circumstance thank you for putting the information out

Sermon4/4/16 9:34 PM
Pastor Dave Davenport from Ontario, Ohio  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Dave Davenport
The Theology of Ted Cruz
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Problematic ”
First, this audio is almost a full reading of the article, which makes it a misnomer that our speaker has much to add. His comment are roughly 3 minutes in duration. Second, the KJV controversy reference is a clear hobby horse issue here and lends no strength to the aforementioned brief comments. Third, the speaker embraces a liberal journalist's comments whole-heartedly, when the issue of the said writer offers only criticism and no answers. To follow the actual article's "implied, not supplied" suggestions, believers should basically stay out of politics. The writer is a civil war history teacher at theologically liberal college, who cannot discern God's providential judgment upon our nation in the civil war which President Lincoln deliberately acknowledges in his second inaugural address and which is engraved upon his monument. (It's time we stop referencing and promoting a reparations spirit. God took care of punishing the generation closest to the sin of slavery.) Finally, this speaker is not adding anything to the issue at hand. Trump, the quintessential playboy, brutish, world-ling vs. Cruz, a guy who is humbly trying to emulate a man (Reagan) in his political life, who, by the way, has not once spoken of dominionism or seven mountain theology. Let's remember Romans 14:4

Sermon4/4/16 10:04 AM
ALFRED from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by ALFRED
The Theology of Ted Cruz
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Christian Nation? ”
Although I believe the founding of this nation was based on Christian values. I agree it is not a Christian nation. And it was not founded as Christian nation, there is a difference. There was only one nation of ethnic people founded by God and that Nation was Israel. I believe America was just a result of Matt 28 and the Great Commission. America has been blessed because the " "Church" has been blessed by God. Just as Egypt was blessed by God while his people were there.

Sermon4/3/16 3:19 PM
genesis from canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by genesis
The Theology of Ted Cruz
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ not sure ”
the reason christian professors talk about Cruz's theology is that the Bible is a big part of his platform, other candidates care little about that old book. Cruz is the closest to my worldview by far. The carpet bombing thing is kind of like using atomic bombs, Cruz is not talking about population centers like Truman did in 1945, and I don't think what Truman did is necessarily totally unbiblical. I don't know. I'd love to have someone pointing me to some verses on that. Anyway, if there are no viable alternatives on the table, what's the point to say his option is not so good? everybody knows that. I agree with your Daniel living in exile analogy.

Sermon4/1/16 1:56 PM
Brian  Find all comments by Brian
Students are Know-Nothings
Sean E. Harris
“ Great discussion ”
Great discussion and I agree with many of your comments and observations. The devaluing of the current educational model is alarming. A High school diploma has almost become worthless. Is Berean Baptist Academy any different? Is there anything BBA can do different to break the status quo?

Sermon3/30/16 2:54 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
Pretribulation Rapture?
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to Christine ”
Certainly, Sis.

Sermon3/30/16 11:09 AM
christine elliott from california  Contact via emailFind all comments by christine elliott
Pretribulation Rapture?
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Jesus didn't know his return time ”
He now is in heaven at the right hand of the father. He knows now I would think

Sermon3/29/16 11:15 AM
ALFRED from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by ALFRED
Predestination and Freewill
Sean E. Harris
comments
God's own hand is at the helm of the entire world, so he never allows a separation between his power and his foreknowledge. If God foresaw what he did not will to be, then he does not have the highest authority. Therefore, he established what will come about in the future, because nothing happens unless he wills that it happens.

Sermon3/26/16 12:48 PM
Rodney Jewer from Gardner, Massachusetts  Protected NameFind all comments by Rodney Jewer
comments
“ Perfect sermon - Exactly what I needed and wanted! ”
Although I never really understood why, until now, one of my favorite bible verses is.. Matthew 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. I have always believed this verse to be a favorite because I am simply a dog lover. Until I viewed this sermon. Now I understand why God put this verse on my heart. Not because I love dogs, but because I am a dog. Truth indeed. I hope this sermon blesses others as it has blessed me. WOW I love this preaching! We need some of this up north. Caution: This is powerful preaching and may hurt some feelings - watch it anyway. I will only speak for myself as I need to be put back into my place and humbled often.

Sermon3/25/16 2:41 AM
Yuri in China from China  Find all comments by Yuri in China
Predestination and Freewill
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ God must violate man's will ”
Who can believe? The Bible speaks a lot about the inabilities of man. A dead man has no ability to believe, therefore left alone, he will remain a wretched creature with an eternal hatred of God, hence the length of hell is eternal. God must violate the will man of man, irresistible grace, and set him free.  And I always though the concept of the book of life, justified predestination, because revelation 13 and 17 talk about names being written before or from the foundation of the earth.

Sermon3/24/16 9:33 PM
James Thomas from Florida  Find all comments by James Thomas
Predestination and Freewill
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ God Bless ”
A few thoughts to add to your discussion. On the Scripture interprets Scripture... Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "Our own understanding" is what we can refer to as a presupposition we imply on Scripture in order to fit our "systematic theology" and such is the lens we define not only His Word but How God operates in our lives today. And this lens is to be defined from what a man has thought or said about what God has said or what God has declared by His own means(John 6:45)? His Word contains: 1.Prophecy and fulfillment. 2.Cross references 3.Non contradiction 4.Self validation (Truths will repeat in Scripture.) Using these God given guidance tools assist us in navigating His Word with an open mind that's simply desires to know what God meant by what he said and deal with His truth with reverence and fear. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Look to Job Chapters 1-3 for examples of how God permits events that are devastating in our lives today but yet has a purpose which is disclosed in the end. God Bless!

Sermon3/23/16 11:39 AM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rich L
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Thanks Dave ”
Maybe I haven't noticed what detail(s) Rory is saying could be incorrect. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln: You say the New Testament was written early, and Rory says it might be later. It is date, then; the earlier, having the greater claim to inerrancy than the later? Take care. By this rule, you are questioning inerrancy yourself to the first man you meet, whom believes in an even earlier date than you.

Sermon3/23/16 9:35 AM
Pastor David from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor David
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Response to Rich L ”
No, there is nothing wrong with examining its reliability. My point is that Rory is not setting out to question inerrancy, but his thesis that the details of Scripture don't have to be exactly right is a commentary on inerrancy. I never said that he denied inerrancy, and I don't think he would ever say he was throwing out inerrancy, but I believe his position does exactly that, especially when it subscribes to the liberal party line of a post-70 AD dating of the synoptic gospels. Like I said, I think he is extremely well-intentioned and apologetically-minded in the article, and I have no doubt that he fully believes the Bible. However, if my position is that the gospels were written late and they don't need to have every detail correct, then am I not at the very least casting doubt upon inerrancy?

Sermon3/23/16 8:26 AM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rich L
Inerrancy And The Resurrection
David McManus
comments
“ Nothing Wrong with Examining its Reliability ”
You're questioning inerrancy by saying evidence for post A.D. 70 authorship is questioning inerrancy.  Rory didn't call into question inspiration and inerrancy.  You should ask him if he denied inerrancy and record an update for us. You may owe him an apology. I hope you reconsidered your non-negotiable after you questioned the inerrancy and inspiration of Scripture by saying a late date for the New Testament questions inerrancy and inspiration.

Sermon3/21/16 3:31 PM
Pastor DM  Find all comments by Pastor DM
Movie Review: Young Messiah
David McManus
comments
“ Reply to CLR ”
Well, I wouldn't agree with your assertion that "the biblical people of Egypt, Hebrew, & Israel were black." But yes, it is bothersome to see Anglicized portrayals in so many films.

Sermon3/21/16 2:40 PM
comments
“ Reply to David (BC) ”
David, Will you pick one question for us to discuss? It seems like there is a better way to handle this conversation.

Sermon3/20/16 7:23 PM
David Wiebe from BC Canada  Find all comments by David Wiebe
comments
My question to those who say that Jesus returns for his church post trib raises so many problems. What about the judgement seat of Christ? What about His 1000 year rein? What about the marriage supper of the Lamb? What about God pouring out 7 years of wrath on his own Body? What about the fact that Paul never once warned us to NOT take the mark of the beast - why did the new testaments most prolific writer never mention it once? It is never mentioned until Revelation 14. Pre and post trib rapture has become a major doctrinal issue and a stone of stumbling for believers in these last days. I for one cannot accept that God will put his church through it, and not because I cannot bear the thought of the persecution and slaughter of those days, or that I somehow deserve to escape it. Post trib simply does not line up with scripture, and those who keep pointing to Matthew 24 are confusing a teaching meant for Jews and Jews alone, not Christians.

Sermon3/20/16 11:20 AM
CLR from Earth  Find all comments by CLR
Movie Review: Young Messiah
David McManus
comments
Glad to hear you didn't like it. One question though; since the biblical people of Egypt, Hebrew, & Israel were black, does it bother you that the characters in these movies are portrayed incorrectly over and over?

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Jeff Lyle
The Desire & Destiny of Satan

Kingdom: Callings, Commitments
Transforming Truth & Meadow

Event: Jul 27-28, 2016
Corectly Crossing The Textual Divide

38th Annuel Dean Burgon Conference
Conference
  LIVE Webcast Event!

Sponsor: Paul Washer Review: Puritan Hard Drive
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need. ... C. H. Spurgeon

Apple TV New!