SUNDAY

HTML Embed | Demo
Live Webcast | Info | Demo
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Sermon1/22/14 12:34 AM
carl haydock from england  Find all comments by carl haydock
Thank you for doing an nif about england. You did get a name wrong. Its Nigel ferage. Still good nif pastor bill

Sermon1/21/14 1:54 PM
Pastor WJS from Fayetteville, NC  Find all comments by Pastor WJS
comments
“ Reply to Thomas of MI ”
Thomas, It sounds like some Providence. Praise God and thank you for the encouraging note. P.S. I love snow and miss it.

Sermon1/21/14 12:53 PM
LD from Birmingham.  Find all comments by LD
“ Some good and some not so good. ”
There's a difference between questioning what the word of God says and questioning what the preacher claims the word of God is saying. We are commanded to test what we are being told. For example, some children lie, true, but not all. Some are as meek as a lamb. Variations in human temperament do not prove an inherited sin nature. Augustine introduced this fallacy from his gnostic background in the 4th Century; his misinterpretation of Romans 5 came from Jerome's faulty translation of the NT. Before then no one taught an inherited sin nature, including the Jews who had full access to Psalm 51. If you didn't believe in man's free will you were a heretic. The Bible clearly teaches corruption comes through temptation (James 1:13-15) and that children are born innocent (john 1:9, Deut 1:39. Matt 18:3). People don't listen to the preacher because they know that what they are being told doesn't make sense. It is absurd to suggest man is born depraved and then criticize his depraved behaviour. Jesus said: This is the condemnation, men loved darkness rather than light because their DEEDS were evil. Not their nature inherited from Adam, but their deeds. When men are called to repent of their sinful deeds rather than blame it on their sinful nature, maybe we'll see some results.

Sermon1/20/14 9:31 PM
 from Oklahoma
Calvin the Comeback Kid
Jonathan D. Andrews
I agree that people are hungry for God's word, not some preacher who is trying to look cool!

Sermon1/20/14 6:05 PM
carl haydock from england  Find all comments by carl haydock
comments
Thought provoking nif pastor bill. Thank you for being truley honest. Hope you dont get negative feedback. God bless

Sermon1/20/14 4:00 PM
s c from OH  Find all comments by s c
“ in the dark ”
This idea of "race" based upon melanin levels is so antiquated. I can't believe that people are still so ignorant or naive. A lot of these very prominent figures in our culture whose identities are rooted in the tone of their skin would benefit greatly by getting educated in the subject of race. Ken Ham has a wonderful site in regards to such.I think that it would also be highly beneficial if the commander in chief would accept the fact that he is a product of dark skin and fair skin. If any one has a problem with him, perhaps, just perhaps, it might have something to do with his leadership...just a guess.If the human race is ever to progress in terms of "racism",they'll have to drop the labels. Competence is not based upon melanin level..a newsflash!

Sermon1/20/14 1:54 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to Brent ”
Brent, Thanks for commenting. I want to caution you about deciding what's fair outside of the dictates of Scripture. Asking "how it is fair that Christ was punished for someone's sin yet they still go to Hell" is going from Biblical Theology to Systematic Theology--where we interpolate far more than we exegete. I would encourage you to consider a key point. If you cannot tell a sinner Christ paid for their sin then you have no Gospel to preach to them.

Sermon1/20/14 12:39 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
comments
I "amen" the comment "thank you for the honesty and transparency at the end of the sermon". IN FACT it moved me to put it into practice as I was hearing it. I was delivering the mail on the worst part of my route. The rental area -mostly duplexes- for Calvin College students. I have recently been so upset that this area never gets shoveled and I can't get to a mailbox without climbing out. Not just out, but up a snow hill. But just as I was listening to Pastor Bill's self-reflection I was convicted that I really needed to curb my tendency to be upset at my customers. In fact, I had a good conversation with a young student as he looked in despair at the pile of snow near his mailbox. I realized that they didn't shovel the pile there, it was being pushed there by the city plows and I shouldn't be upset with them. So I resolved at the same time I was hearing the pastor's words to put them into practice. For those of you who are in places like Greenville, and Fayetteville, you will just have to use your imagination what lake-effect snow looks like in Western Michigan. And may God give me more sin-mortifying grace. I have said this before but I am gaining so much respect for the pastors in your church.

Sermon1/19/14 4:39 AM
Lauri from Baltimore MD  Find all comments by Lauri
comments
I struggle mightily with finding a balance between loving other people the way Christ loves us and wanting to avoid victimization. Its so difficult to not give in to fleshly desires, especially if someone keeps saying the same things over and over again. We have to be taught that it's wrong to hit other peoplewh,en things don't go your way.

Sermon1/18/14 10:22 PM
comments
“ Reply to Preceding 3 Comments ”
Thanks to each of you, friend. Sometimes in our desire to "renounce hidden things of shame/dishonesty" (2 Corinthians 4:2), we force ourselves to be transparent. God only knows and imparts to us by His grace and through His Spirit how to do this.

Sermon1/18/14 6:37 AM
Krisztina F. from UK  Find all comments by Krisztina F.
Thanks for your honesty!

Sermon1/17/14 7:06 PM
comments
Just went to view the video at end of article. My question is, "I wonder who wrote his script." This is disturbing and wonder on the future of this church body.

Sermon1/17/14 3:30 PM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
“ Our flesh is ugly ”
Thank you for your honesty and transparency at the end of this commentary.

Sermon1/17/14 1:36 PM
Leatherneck from Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Leatherneck
comments
“ Great Sermon ”
Gentlemen, Thanks for your testimonies, we are all the same. My thoughts ego and tongue. Often I find myself apologizing. I hate sin!!! God Bless

Sermon1/17/14 7:23 AM
comments
“ Response to MS ”
Thanks for stopping in. Yes, this is certainly circus-like. It's not like we have tons of reputation money to spend with an already cynical and skeptical world.

Sermon1/16/14 7:28 AM
comments
“ Response to MichaelK ”
Brother Michael, The problem with Van Kampen's work (which I have read) is that it still argues for a two-phase second coming.

Sermon1/16/14 2:02 AM
G.E from Europe  Contact via emailFind all comments by G.E
comments
Very well said brother ..couldn't agree more. Get the dateing fascination out among the evanglicals as well as the ungodly divorces., then we can talk about the sin of Sodom

Sermon1/15/14 8:37 PM
CJW from Ft. Bragg  Find all comments by CJW
comments
I very much agree that Bible training and mentorship is necessary. The type of degree and schooling will obviously vary. Also, going to Seminary does not guarantee that one is saved. I had a teacher in Bible College that was a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, but had not been born again until years later. I looked at his website just now. Picture after picture of himself, and talking about what he has accomplished. I saw no Scripture, mention of Jesus, or anything spiritual anywhere, Just, "Buy my book," or "Listen to me speak," and be blessed through me. Very sad.

Sermon1/15/14 6:10 PM
joshua b  Find all comments by joshua b
comments
Not to mention the complete disregard for Paul's qualifications for a pastor in his letter to Timothy. The ordaining of a pastor should not be so lightly considered as it is something that if not done by Gods standards can harm the gospel and bring unnecessary confusion to the body and those seeking truth

Sermon1/15/14 5:55 PM
El from California  Find all comments by El
comments
“ Amen brother! ”
Lots of hypocrisy on the subject of sexual sin in our churches. ALL sexual activity outside of biblical marriage, whether in thought or action, is sin. Divorce without biblical grounds is sin. Period. We need to repent and believe the gospel ourselves and then preach THAT message to everyone else.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

God's Love-Letter

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Shreveport Grace Church

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/sw..