Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
MyChurch Code ID: 75677
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina
Page 1 | Page 4 ·  Found: 1,702 total user comment(s)

Sermon9/2/16 7:30 PM
PS from USA  Find all comments by PS
comments
“ Andy is a false teacher ”
Years ago he allowed a man who left his wife for another man continue to serve in his church , and then his dad Charles allowed him to come on his program to teach, at that time I called the program and told them I would no longer be watching Charles Stanley because he allowed his son to conduct a service and failed to reprimand him according to scripture, both false teachers

Sermon8/31/16 8:45 AM
JM from North Carolina  Find all comments by JM
Well said! I too disagree with sitting down during the national anthem, however, acknowledge his right to do so. You guys bring up great points, especially our need to remain gospel centered in our approach to this and other issues. Thank you!

Sermon8/30/16 11:48 AM
Brian Legg  Find all comments by Brian Legg
(Sermon no longer available)
“ Wrong link ”
Sounds like you have Joey's class prayer request instead of your MP3

Sermon8/30/16 11:45 AM
Micheal from Washington  Find all comments by Micheal
(Sermon no longer available)
“ Wrong Audio ”
The audio uploaded on the subject of Kap is just people giving prayer requests.

Sermon8/25/16 6:09 AM
Matt B. from Woodstock, GA  Find all comments by Matt B.
Good discussion. I believe there is nothing wrong with personal "rules" or "fences" as long as you don't go beyond Biblical authority to bind another's conscience. I think Paul's guidelines in Romans 14 are excellent counsel in how you straddle this line among "gray" areas. I agree that it is wrong to flaunt Christian liberty and this is one of the issues I have with the YRRs - (and I am a Reformed Baptist). Not that they exercise appropriate Christian liberty but that they make a big deal out of it. I do agree that flaunting it sets up a general cultural aversion to personal holiness and may cause others to stumble. I also feel for pastors because they have the burden of wanting to not be extra-Biblical in their counsel to others, but at the same time try to protect them from worldly influences. It is difficult because it is not always clear where the line is. I think "The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards" is an excellent read for anyone interested in the issue of setting up personal rules or standards.

Sermon8/22/16 12:26 AM
FG from USA  Find all comments by FG
comments
Why must we continue to live in our fantasies? I can't believe we got Christians kit gloving Marilyn Manson. Have we gone insane??? This is a man who wants to be remembered as the one responsible for putting an end to Christianity. He quit the church of satan because according to him it was not "satanic enough." In a day when the spirit of anti-christ is becoming more brazenly manifest, he doesn't need any help from Christian libertines looking to "set the record straight". Wake up folks. I was in the music industry and happen to know that that stuff is real and not just gimmicky. And even these are gimmicks, the target audience was not meant to be Christians armed with spiritual ketchup and Heinz 57 sauce for their "meat sacrificed to idols."

Sermon8/17/16 5:32 PM
Lauri from Baltimore MD  Find all comments by Lauri
America's Lost Boys
Sean E. Harris
This is so thought-provoking! America not only has "lost boys", but "lost girls" who are stunted in more ways than one. No conflict, no work, no sacrifice, no commitment, no problem (so they think)! Thanks so much for this message!

Sermon8/14/16 5:16 PM
Prentiss Yeates from Lubbock, Tx  Contact via emailFind all comments by Prentiss Yeates
comments
Very good sermon, The " whosoever's", are blessed to hear this. I appreciate your ability to state, both Calvinists and Arminian's can disagree and be Christian. I'm afraid that too often, I've stumbled into a conversation with a five point Calvinist and when disagreement comes, I feel like if you can't be persuaded, the Calvinist decides name calling and gracelessness is their last word.

Sermon8/12/16 8:12 AM
Lady Jane Mason from Palatka, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lady Jane Mason
What is a Christian?
Sean E. Harris
comments
Thank you Bro Sean, for explaining being a Christian. I'm sending your message to serval who think they are Christians ❤️. God Bless You.

Sermon8/5/16 9:07 AM
Dl from Oklahoma  Find all comments by Dl
comments
I live in a small town with one Baptist church and after 50 years of attending they are still trying to feed us make milk. I have had to study on my own and now I don't feel like I have anything in common with the people. No one wants to discuss anything that is deeper than surface knowledge. The church is in trouble because they are not feeding the sheep.....still trying to get the numbers up!

Sermon8/4/16 9:51 PM
Jon from Wisconsin  Find all comments by Jon
comments
What you all do at Berean is special. So few pastors teach scripture. Most simply choose a verse or passage and only then will try to quickly read a commentary and then throw together a message. I have read commentaries on up coming passages that will be preached, only to have the pastor basically regurgitate what I read the night before the service. To me that means that the pastor did not put much time or thought into what they are teaching. I thinking that many pastors today do not know how to teach.

Sermon7/31/16 4:22 PM
Key from Fayetteville NC  Find all comments by Key
My best friend who was a faith brother in Christ, began to question the authority of the bible. He had reoccurring dreams that he that was new revelation from God but I was something that was outside of scripture. For 3 years he went down a path that he thought was drawing him closer to God but all the while was causing him to arrive at conclusions that were contradicting scriptures. Long story short....this message just answered my prayers for my friend, and opened his eyes to once again see the truth of God.

Sermon7/18/16 3:30 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Giving Thanks for What We Know ”
Hey, guys, it kinda sounds like you're patting yourselves on the back for what you know when you talk about what you would or wouldn't do. Are you forgetting that, like Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and the rest of us, there was a time when you didn't know anything? You had to be taught. Taught how to feed yourself, dress yourself, read, write, think about things (Are you going to jump off of the bridge because everybody else is doing it?), rethink some things (Was that fight really worth the discipline you're now getting?), etc., etc. Don't take credit for what you were taught, for the knowledge that came your way. Give thanks for what you know. Could be Alton Sterling and Philando Castile didn't get that kind of knowledge.

Sermon7/17/16 7:19 PM
Unity from Florida  Find all comments by Unity
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Church unity ”
Firstly, I agree, Black lives matter is not a biblical group. Aside from that it doesn't matter what we do as Christians, attend your church prayer meetings, podcast, post our thoughts on social media...etc, when we fail to address the unity issue between races, cultures, and class lines, we are impeding the witness of Christ and we are limiting the reflection of the glory of God. There is much opportunity for us to embrace the differences of many people in churches (apart from sin). And we can greatly utilize each difference to glorify God in unity. The harsh truth is this issue has not been solved by Gods people, an evident truth seen on Sunday's in many Churches throughout America and until it is dealt with in our churches, it will never be dealt with in America's streets. In the Bible Paul speak greatly about these divisions that were going on in the church in his day, Jews and Gentiles were divided but the cross united them, we must keep in mind we represent the same cross today through the gospel of Jesus. Are there differences amongst us? Of course and so will there be in heaven, but oneness of purpose doesn't mean sameness of being. That requires us to recognize the unique differences each individual brings to the table for the glory of Christ. All of the rest are moot po

Sermon7/17/16 9:25 AM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ About What Ms. Reynolds Remembers, pt 2 ”
And I will share with you just some of the things that “the hub” with its social gospel ideology intentionally or unintentionally taught us and the generations after us. 1) Civil disobedience – It is your duty to disobey unjust/unfair laws, to not comply with any requests by the authority that conflicts with your perceived rights. 2) The teachings of people such as Mahatma Gandhi are equal to Jesus' teachings. 3) Acknowledging God is important, but getting a good education and a good job are more important. 4) You can have spiritual fellowship with a Muslim convert (like Muhammad Ali—he was welcomed in many black churches) or someone of another faith because they are a positive role model in the black community. 5) Get behind/give your support to any left leaning, liberal thinking, morally decadent or spiritually corrupt famous black person when comments are made about their negative influence on society and, especially, on the young people. Recognize that he or she is only being persecuted /talked about because they're black. Now, what was it that you were asking? Why don't they comply and what's with the attitude?

Sermon7/17/16 9:14 AM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ About What Ms. Reynolds Remembers, pt 1 ”
I read the article by Ms. Reynolds. She painted a rose colored picture of the Civil Rights Movement. Yes, the Movement had a spiritual base because the black church was the hub of the black community. Although many of the black churches were not on board at the beginning, by the time I was old enough to be aware of what was going on, most of the churches were giving their support to Martin Luther King. I was too young to be a participant in the Movement (in fact, I wasn't even around at the start of it), but I am old enough to remember some things that Ms. Reynolds did not mention. Things like the fractions within the Movement, with some folks taking a violent, more hostile approach to change. I remember riots, fires, killings, the police being called racist pigs, the “get whitey” attitude.

Sermon7/15/16 2:46 PM
Jen from ny  Find all comments by Jen
Satan's War on Gender
Sean E. Harris
comments
I admire your passionate biblical preaching Pastor Harris. I encourage especially teenage boys and all single men to listen to your pleas in this message and seek God's truths when it comes to marriage. Also, it was validating for those who are married as well! God bless you and your (much needed) ministries!

Sermon7/15/16 5:20 AM
Jwoods from Spring Lake  Find all comments by Jwoods
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Well done Pastors, Continue to Speak on these issues!!! ”
I agree with everything said, and I am a Young 25yrs old christian black man from Miami Dade County. And I lived in a black on black crime, drugged infested area. Honestly, i might go off topic but I dont care because these conversations hit home. I take shots from other black people at work for saying the same thing as these Pastors. If We as black people find being confronted by police an issue then you should "fix your taillight" and "Change the way you dress". And because of the lack of authority in the homes(Fathers) "We(Me)" dont submit to auhority very well and believe it or not I've heard these same words from my white basketball coach 8 years ago and it helped me to be different then my 20 something black family and friends who are dead and locked up. I thank God for my Coach for judging me and pointing out these things that these pastors are pointing out. And im behind them 100% ). Much love to all. Peace!

Sermon7/13/16 11:52 AM
JM from North carolina  Find all comments by JM
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Was with you at first.... ”
I agree that the BLM movement has serious issues at its core. I myself didn't realize how serious until I reviewed their website firsthand. There IS black on black crime at an alarming rate that needs to be adressed as well. These things must not be ignored. But when I turn to Christian pod casts and hear careless remarks like "just get your taillights fixed" my heart feels sad. You say you should view these events from a biblical perspective yet "just get your taillights fixed" or "look at how your dressed" seems to fall short ( especially when lives were lost). I don't know all the facts of these cases but I'm pretty certain no one does at this point. Let us stay Christ centered and pray that God continues to break down the many barriers that exists within our own hearts regarding race. Yes, even within the church we hold to biases and judgements that are not always righteous. And one further note- I do believe you guys have good intentions and are not racist by any means. But maybe it would be helpful to have a more well rounded discussion when it comes to these types of issues. Otherwise it just comes off as white people gathering around the mic to talk about what black people should or should not be doing. God bless

Sermon7/13/16 9:21 AM
Melanie from SoCal  Find all comments by Melanie
Black Lives Matter
Sean E. Harris
comments
Please stop discussing race if you have no compassion.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Metropolitan Tabernacle
Bible Study

Our Cart Is Empty
Bruce David Bell

Flushing, NY | zip
City Life Church Ridgewood, NY

We are a new church bring­ing new life to New York City. Join us this Sunday at 10:30.
www.sermonaudio.com