Sovereign Grace Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Jon Cardwell  |  Anniston, Alabama

Sermon1/3/10 11:34 PM
fuchs from Japan  Contact via emailFind all comments by fuchs
I AM the Good Shepherd
Jon Cardwell
“ very thankfulness ”
Dearest Pastor Jon, Thank you so much at this time. This is just my good timing. Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! I am just like 10:16. Exactly I can say , I never chose Jesus, even did not want. but now really , truly , I need only Jesus!! Again Thank you very much ! I will thank that God gives his mercy through Jon.

Sermon10/7/09 12:15 AM
fuchs from from Japan  Contact via emailFind all comments by fuchs
Faith Alone
Jon Cardwell
My Dearest Pastor Jon, What a gracious,cheerful preaching by our greatest GOD!!! Yes!Yes!Yes! "Faith alone".....Even my weakest faith, If Jesus did not give me Faith , I can never keep it in Him. That is impossible for me by myself. I thank to God and Jon very much for about 2 years after we knew you.

Blog6/15/09 12:55 PM
Jon Cardwell from Anniston, Alabama  Protected NameGo to homepageFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
comments
Concering my enemies or the enemies of God, my heart breaks for them so as to love them and pray for them as the Lord commands, for all I can think is: there, but for God’s grace, go I.

Blog6/15/09 12:45 PM
Jon Cardwell from Anniston, Alabama  Protected NameContact via emailGo to homepageFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
comments
UPDATE:My efforts to contact Pastor Drake have been unsuccessful, and that possibly due to his phone and emails being inundated as a result of the many articles circulating on the Internet.

Other Internet resources concerning this story may be found here,

AND

Let us be reminded that the Bible commands us to pray for all men, with supplications, petitions, and thanksgiving (1 Timothy 2:1), which includes praying for, both, Pastor Drake and President Obama.

Sermon6/12/09 2:56 PM
Shawn from Massachusetts  Contact via emailFind all comments by Shawn
A Good Word for Wives - 17
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
“ John Ploughman's Talk ”
I want to thank you so much for reading this on Sermon Audio! This series is packed with timeless wisdom, candor, humor, and blessing! Thank you again!

Sermon4/27/09 7:49 AM
Peter-John Parisis from Belleville, Michigan  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Peter-John Parisis
Delighting in the LORD
Jon Cardwell
“ Great Sermon! A message the Preacher Loves ”
It is always better to tie a chain around the minister's ankle and secure him to the piano while he preaches about heaven whom almost goes there during the sermon....than to sit under a boring person who has not the love of God abounding in him. GREAT Sermon!!!

Sermon4/23/09 7:22 AM
A Pastor's Prayer
Jon Cardwell
A very good lesson on prayer and praying itself. Oh how many so called pastors need to hear this message. PJ

Sermon4/16/09 5:58 AM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
“ Good Work Pastor Jon ”
This sermon is taken from the volume of sermons called The Messiah. Newton preached one sermon on each of the 50 texts that comprise Handel's famous Oratorio. The title is called, "SCRIPTURAL PASSAGES, Which form the Subject of the celebrated ORATORIO Of HANDEL. Preached In The Years 1784 And 1785, In the Parish Church of St. Mary Woolnoth, Lombard-street; The volume can be seen online if one searches at books.google.com for John Newton the Messiah, and chooses the version that is FULL VIEW.

Sermon4/14/09 12:25 PM
The Lord's Table
Jon Cardwell
Again another great sermon!

Sermon3/2/09 6:57 AM
Stephen Boskett from City of Belfast  Contact via emailFind all comments by Stephen Boskett
John Bunyan's Last Sermon
John Bunyan
comments
Many marvelous things came out from the man whom God used in days gone by,Hebrews ch1 v4 would also apply to John Bunyon.We all fit in with the verse for we are spiritial beings born of God this is through our Lord Jesus Christ.May God bless you all,Thankyou.

Sermon2/8/09 10:26 AM
Mary Moser from VA  Find all comments by Mary Moser
John Bunyan's Last Sermon
John Bunyan
comments
Good!

Sermon12/29/08 10:59 AM
Jon Cardwell from Anniston, Alabama  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
John Bunyan's Last Sermon
John Bunyan
comments
“ Thank You! ”
Thank you, Sandro. Your comment has been tremendously encouraging.

Sermon12/28/08 3:38 AM
Sandro from Switzerland  Find all comments by Sandro
John Bunyan's Last Sermon
John Bunyan
comments
Thanks for this sermon. Your voice and your reading are very well understandable, even for someone like me who is not a native english speaking person. God may bless you and help you in this ministry.

Sermon12/11/08 5:07 AM
Mark Fitzpatrick from Dublin, Ireland  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Mark Fitzpatrick
“ Powerful Stuff !!! ”
Dear Jon, Your theme: "The presence of Christ" has been much on my mind lately. It is not so much his blessings we need as his presence. The Lord continue to be with you brother. Mark F.

Sermon12/5/08 2:31 AM
Phyllis Hammons from Alto, New Mexico  Contact via emailFind all comments by Phyllis Hammons
comments
“ Powerful Testimony! ”
Pastor Jon, the testimony you shared touched me deeply...... and I have had to listen again.Beautiful!

Sermon11/30/08 2:18 AM
comments
“ Thank you for the truth you present! ”
Pastor Jon, this is a great sermon that stirs one to meditate and do some rethinking. I thank God for the meat you provide for your sheep..... for the truth you present! My prayers for you, your family, and your ministry.

Sermon11/18/08 7:20 AM
Mark F. from Dublin, Ireland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mark F.
Eternal Sacrifice
Jon Cardwell
Jon, You are so right. We, as preachers, need the passion and annointing if we are to truly preach the gospel as our forefathers did. This is an excellent devotional message on this subject. May God raise us passionate pastors in his church for the glory of Christ!!! Your grateful brother, Mark F.

Blog11/15/08 12:18 PM
Jon Cardwell from Moreno Valley, California  Protected NameContact via emailGo to homepageFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
(Blog entry no longer available)
NOTE: When using a Bible in the English language, Galatians 3:24–4:2 is one of the passages where a King James Version expresses the importance of this truth better than any other. The ASV, the NKJV, and the NASB as “literal” translations fail; & certainly, the thought translation of the NIV and the paraphrase of the NLT fail to convey in English the proper illustration here. This is why the Westminster divines appealed to the autographs of the original languages as inspired, authentic, and the final authority in all controversies of religion (Westminster Confession, ch.1 para.8).

And further note, that I’m not advocating the use of the KJV only, though it’s use by English speakers, even in the KJV’s difficulties and some of its poor translations (yes, there are a few places), this version can be used of the Spirit to alert us to scrutinize the text, 1st as Bereans (Acts 17:11), & if possible, in a scholarly approach through the original languages.

And finally, this doesn’t mean that I would insist that all become apt, able, or academic with regard to Hebrew, Greek, and Chaldean. To suggest that would contradict the Westminster Confession (& 1689 London Baptist Confession that I hold), from the same chapter and paragraph cited above. It's helpful but not necessary.

Sermon11/15/08 3:38 AM
comments
“ Powerful!!! ”
Dear Jon, Truly powerful and inspiring! May our merciful God continue to use your mouth and zeal for his kingdom and glory. In Jesus' name. Your brother, Mark.

Sermon11/12/08 8:04 PM
John Ploughman  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by John Ploughman
A Good Word for Wives - 17
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
“ Stand Alone Chapter! ”
When reading this, I thought of my lovely wife, and how good God is to me to give such a one to put up with me. This is extremely IMPORTANT for men to take heed of... and also a message for pastors in how we speak of the church. Last year, a pastor within the Emergent Church Movement wrote a book entitled, They Like Jesus But Not the Church. Wow. That would be like me inviting a friend over for coffee, who brings his wife, and I tell him that he can come in but she can't because I don't like her. He probably wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. I wonder what Jesus thinks about such book titles when we say something like that about His beloved bride, whom He gave His life for. I pray that all of you men enjoy this reading! Be blessed, brethren!

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Joelee Chamberlain
Christmas for Children

Holidays
Children
Children's Bible Audios

Don Green
Privileged to Suffer

The Beatitudes
Truth Community Church

Dr. Peter Masters
Signs of Christ's Presence..

Acts
Metropolitan Tabernacle

David Bodanza
Everybody Wants to Rule the..

Hebrews
Mission Street...

Dennis Prutow
God's Weekly Assurance

Our Public Worship
Westminster Evangelistic...

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/pa..