SATURDAY

Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: swrb
Still Waters Revival Books
Puritans, Covenanters, et al.  |  Edmonton, Alberta

Sermon6/3/14 1:54 AM
tanya Pitman from Lexington, SC  Contact via emailFind all comments by tanya Pitman
comments
Thank you Mr. Bennett for this message in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus..... I grew up as a Roman Catholic also. Baptised at 3 weeks and going to catechism & making my Holy Communion at age 9....... first time I went into a confessional and the last...... I was horrified though I told no one at the time...... My parents divorced when I was age 5.....and now that I look back, only my grandma ( on my father's side) didn't live like the world, though she was a Roman Catholic also..... I would visit her every summer when growing up and she took me to Mass every week...... I could pick Sat. night or Sunday....... I have so much to say about what happened in my life up to now at 44 yrs......I was saved at 39 yrs. And I have learned more about God and have a personal relationship by grace through faith in Christ alone and not of works lest any man should boast.......I go to a Free Presbyterian Church of NA. and I am grateful for our High Priest, The King of kings and Lord of lords.... Jesus Christ full of Grace and Truth.......All Praise and Glory to Him who sits on the Throne. Worthy of Worship to Him alone..... HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lamb of God who is the only One who takes away the sins of the world..... FOREVER and EVER AMEN.

Sermon6/2/14 10:21 AM
Marc from South Africa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Marc
comments
Thank you. What do I do about the sacraments if we can't attend church?

Sermon5/31/14 11:05 PM
Iain Borowicz  Contact via emailFind all comments by Iain Borowicz
comments
Some one will therefore ask me what counsel I would like to give to a believer who thus dwells in some Egypt or Babylon where he may not worship God purely, but is forced by the common practice to accommodate himself to bad things. The first advice would be to leave [i.e. relocate] if he could.... If someone has no way to depart, I would counsel him to consider whether it would be possible for him to abstain from all idolatry in order to preserve himself pure and spotless toward God in both body and soul. Then let him worship God in private (at home), praying him to restore his poor church to its right estate. - John Calvin, Come Out From Among Them, The Anti-Nicodemite Writings of John Calvin, Protestant Heritage Press, "A Short Treatise," pp. 93-94

Sermon5/29/14 9:39 AM
Rick Owen from Smyrna, TN  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rick Owen
comments
“ Terrific series! ”
Here are four messages on the atonement that are very helpful because they explain Christ's saving work in the context of Scripture's paradigms and vocabulary (such as OT types and shadows, and corresponding NT fulfillments). This is very important. Most of us tend to overlay our modern-day impressions and ideas onto many Bible topics and passages. "The whole counsel [or 'resolved plan'] of God" (Acts 20:27) must be considered when weighing, comparing and interpreting one passage in light of another. God's word and the larger matrix of His saving work is the best interpreter of Scripture. These presentations do a good job of recognizing and applying this principle. There are a couple of places where the speaker gets into a bit of a 'rant' that makes me cringe -- of course, we all have our flaws -- but, overall, this is one of the most helpful series of presentations on the atonement I have found to share with anyone. I really do hope many people will make time to listen to this series carefully.

Sermon5/26/14 11:57 PM
Marc from South Africa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Marc
comments
Thank you, very clear, courageous and convicting. There are no churches in South Africa that sing Psalms only with no instruments. My family and I have no where to worship with clear conscience. Should we attend a church anyway to hear the Word preached ?

Sermon5/17/14 8:22 AM
James D  Find all comments by James D
“ Introductory ”
An introduction for the Stillwaters Revival compilation of the Puritan Hard drive

Sermon5/15/14 8:04 AM
Catherine D from North Attleboro MA  Find all comments by Catherine D
I really enjoyed listening to this sermon. This is something I knew in my subconscious mind, but I couldn't put in words. One of the reasons I pulled my boys out of public school. Thank you

Sermon5/14/14 10:22 PM
Ann Marie from Ny  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ann Marie
Am thankful god loves the forgotten and broken. The pastor words might have reach that boy then. It's still in the air, for it has reach me today 2014. What a God...there's none other.

Sermon5/12/14 10:29 PM
Iain Borowicz  Contact via emailFind all comments by Iain Borowicz
Q. 35. How much of the Sabbath is to be spent in the public and private exercises of God’s worship? A. The WHOLE of it, from the ordinary time of rising on other days, to the ordinary time of going to rest; “except so much as is to be taken up in the works of necessity and mercy.” - James Fisher, The Assembly’s Shorter Catechism Explained, p 262

Sermon5/10/14 3:52 AM
Iain Borowicz  Contact via emailFind all comments by Iain Borowicz
If they will still cry that we are schismatics and apostates, because we refuse to defile ourselves with their abominations, we cannot but appeal from their corrupt sentence to the uncorrupt Judge, of whose favors we are assuredly persuaded in that point; because he has said, 'Follow not the multitude in evil doing. Ex. 23:2 - John Knox, Works, VI:493.

Sermon5/10/14 3:50 AM
Iain Borowicz  Contact via emailFind all comments by Iain Borowicz
Many families in the RPCNA have a very low standard for sabbath keeping. The Lord's Day afternoon is engaged in unlawful recreations and pastimes while neglecting mediation and religious conference on the things heard during public worship.(Lev 23:3)

Sermon5/10/14 3:46 AM
Iain Borowicz  Contact via emailFind all comments by Iain Borowicz
The best exposition of Q. 108 that I have heard. Sound teaching!

Sermon5/9/14 11:48 AM
Whatsaiththescripture  Find all comments by Whatsaiththescripture
comments
“ ”
Still Waters Revival Books answer to Old Norwegeon....spot on, no scripture to ballast his opinion, like armpits everyone has one. :)

Sermon5/8/14 8:41 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
comments
Am being blessed by your teachings! Hope to see more sermons posted. :thumbsup:

Sermon5/7/14 11:08 PM
Still Waters Revival Books from Edmonton, Alberta  Protected NameFind all comments by Still Waters Revival Books
“ Nero Is Not the Beast of Revelation or 666 ”
A third reason why Nero Caesar is not a suitable identification for the number of the beast (666) is that for nearly 1700 years no one in the Church was known or recorded (to the best of my knowledge) to offer Nero’s name as the number of the beast (666). Moses Stuart (Commentary on the Apocalypse, pp. 457-458, 1845), himself a Preterist, identifies Professor Benary of Berlin (c. 1840) as the first recorded scholar to propose Nero Caesar (& particularly Nero Caesar in Hebrew letters) as the name of the beast. Although it is not impossible that the true meaning of the number of the beast (666) might be hidden from the whole Church until about 1840, it does seem very unlikely that such would be the case, especially when Nero Caesar is not known to have been even mentioned by any coming from the first century (prior to 70 a.d.) to whom (according to the Preterist) the Book of Revelation was intended. According to the Preterist, those to whom the apostle John wrote the Book of Revelation were suppose to understand that Nero Caesar was intended by the number of the beast, & yet there is not a trace or even the mention of Nero Caesar as the name of the beast prior to about 1840. That seems remarkable to me. - Greg Price, Preterism Refuted #6, http://tinysa.com/141537

Sermon5/7/14 11:00 PM
comments
“ Arminianism In Worship (Will Worship) Refuted ”
RELATED QUOTE: "The Regulative Principle of Worship declares that God alone is sovereign in worship. The Regulative Principle of Worship simply applies the principles of Calvinism (i.e. God's sovereign Lordship) to worship, whereas the view that what God doesn't forbid in worship is permitted is applying the principles of Arminianism (i.e. man's sovereign lordship) to worship. Just as fallen man naturally seeks to impose his will in salvation (e.g. "I can cooperate with God in salvation", or "I have a natural freedom to choose Christ"), so fallen man naturally seeks to impose his will in worship ("I can cooperate with God in worship by adding what I desire so long as God doesn't specifically forbid it"). But just as God condemns a man-centered salvation, so God condemns a man-centered worship (Col. 2:23 specifically condemns all will-worship, i.e. all worship instituted by man)." - Greg Price, Foundation for Reformation: The Regulative Principle of Worship, p. 10, free online at http://ow.ly/wBxUX [at swrb.com]

Sermon5/6/14 8:02 PM
Asa from Arizona  Find all comments by Asa
comments
Very good and sound teaching though only a few will receive it.

Sermon4/28/14 11:06 PM
alana from wisconsin,U.S.A.  Find all comments by alana
God bless and keep you in His loving care!

Sermon4/27/14 11:51 PM
Mark Townsend from Frisco, Texad  Find all comments by Mark Townsend
comments
Just starting to realize how God used this man to reveal Himself to us! I'm reading this book now.

Sermon4/27/14 9:57 PM
Brenda Miller from Charlotte, NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Brenda Miller
“ True Sermon! ”
True and encouraging message.

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Galatians 6:14,15
Fellowship Baptist Church

Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting

Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..