Old Paths Strict Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Old Paths Strict Baptist Church
Pastor Michael Pickett  |  Choteau, Montana

Sermon11/2/08 7:46 PM
Victoria from Tustin CA  Find all comments by Victoria
My Children Walk in Truth
Pastor Michael Pickett
In this sermon speaks of the Apostle John's love of the Truth and his hatred for the lies of false gospel doctrine which stands out in his heart. The sermon emphasized the evidence of true conversion by a constant walk in the love of Truth and in the interest of Christ and hearing that "my children" walk in truth expressed John's affection and chiefest joy. What an awesome exposition of the "Great Shepherd's" affection in this epistle.

Sermon11/2/08 12:30 PM
June  Find all comments by June
My Hiding Place
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A Very Soul Searching Sermon ”
Pastor Pickett: As you say, "true religion is not a light and frothy thing". Sadly though, many preachers by the levity in which they preach, do lead many to regard it as just that . . a light thing! Thanks be to God that the Spirit of God rests upon your preaching, and as such you treat these matters with the solemnity, seriousness, and sobriety with which they are to be considered. I thank "My God" too for showing me the sinfulness of my sins and of my lost condition and fallen estate, but with that, in His time, graciously revealing His Son to me, whom I have indeed found to be my "hiding place." Thank you for giving me a fresh reminder of the glorious nature of the deliverance God has wrought for me in salvation. Like David, I have experienced God's heavy hand upon me before I acknowledged and confessed my sins, and have been made sensible of my sins . . my inquities . . my transgressions, indeed have been made to feel tormented by them, grieved by them and sorrowful over them. Yet by grace I too have been brought to confess them, and can declare w/David: "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell." Psalm 86:12-13

Sermon10/24/08 2:32 PM
June & Ralph  Find all comments by June & Ralph
A Plumbline
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A most solemn Sermon! ”
Pastor Pickett: My husband and I wanted you to know how very blessed we were by this message. Your exposition of this verse in Amos was most instructive. I must say I had long puzzled over it in time past, but like a surgeon, you very precisely opened up the meaning of the text, and made it plain to both of us. The solemnn and careful manner in which you deliver the message is most effective. Your repetition of the verse . . "Amos, what seest thou?" throughout the sermon, and the pauses you make thereafter, give the hearer time to thoughtfully reflect on both the verse and the explanation you give to it. It is most effective. We found it especially encouraging as well to know that in this day when the spirit of Amaziah is very much abroad, that God, in His mercy, has been pleased to raise up a servant of the Lord like yourself, who in the spirit of Amos, and in accordance with God's plumbline, the Word of God, faithfully declares the burden of the Lord, that He would have "His people" hear! We will make good use of this fresh means of grace that the Lord has availed us through your preaching. "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." Jer. 3:15

Sermon9/27/08 12:29 PM
Vicky M. Cardona from Tustin, California  Contact via emailFind all comments by Vicky M. Cardona
Life in Christ
Pastor Michael Pickett
This sermon reflects that Jesus Christ, is the Great Treasure,"PEARL OF GOD" given by the endearing love of the Father to those whom He had chosen and born to be His. Christ the "Pearl in my heart". What He had given will be forever given and will never be lost. It is eternal. What awesome thing to know. The glory belongs to HIM, God Holy! Immortal! Infinite.

Sermon2/4/08 12:21 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
Led forth by the right way
Pastor Michael Pickett
An excellent sermon and a great blessing-thank you Pastor Michael.

Sermon1/14/08 11:28 PM
Robert and Laurel Erridge from Norwalk Calif.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert and Laurel Erridge
Bring him to me
Pastor Michael Pickett
A mighty deliverance indeed! Listened with such intensity and awe. Spirit-filled types and pictures of our salvation. Awesome explanation of the fire and water. Jesus' compassion to hear the cry of one of His afflicted ones.

Sermon1/14/08 11:04 PM
Prayer and Fasting
Pastor Michael Pickett
Powerful sermon! A much needed encouragement to seek the Lord in prayer in all things. A promise that God will hear and answer. Thank you.

Sermon11/29/07 3:32 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Gospel for the poor
Pastor Michael Pickett
Thank you for this wonderful sermon! Be sure to hear this one! Gospel Mission Books has been a wonderful blessing to me over the years. They have been faithful to the true gospel of God's wonderful sovereign grace and everlasting love!...Jer. 31:3.

Sermon9/2/07 10:07 PM
Curt  Find all comments by Curt
Not cast out
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ Another excellent sermon ”
I am hesitant to post a comment for any one sermon from Pastor Pickett; I have found all of the ones to which I have listened, to be incredibly edifying, comforting, and needful (and I have listened to many). Nonetheless, for anyone who (by God's grace) sees their own desperate need for a saviour, and who hungers and thirsts after Christ and His righteousness, and yet finds themselves questioning their interest in the precious blood of the Lamb, I wanted to share just how comforting I found this sermon to be. Like so many others, it was a real blessing.

Sermon8/5/07 9:53 PM
Robert and Laurel Erridge  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert and Laurel Erridge
Salvation by Hope
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ Wonderful Sermon of Hope ”
Most merciful grace of GOD. "The very prospect encourages us to go on." For our hope is beyond this world and fixed on Jesus Christ the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Sermon7/22/07 11:05 PM
Man justified by faith
“ Precious Sermon ”
Precious Doctrine, Precious Sermon. O to be made a poor beggar that Jesus Christ might be our Everything. And that by faith we lean upon His merits alone. Awesome Gospel!

Sermon7/15/07 10:57 PM
willemina Letus  Find all comments by willemina Letus
Salt
Thank you!

Sermon7/4/07 12:07 PM
Robert Erridge  Find all comments by Robert Erridge
Your needs supplied
Pastor Michael Pickett
Glorious comforting truth as it is in Jesus. Blessings and praise be to our GOD for Jesus Christ. Thank you for such an encouraging word to us this morning as we start a new day. He is all glorious in grace, all glorious in riches, all glorious in love to supply all our needs now and throughout all eternity.

Sermon6/19/07 10:21 PM
arose  Find all comments by arose
The two covenants
Pastor Michael Pickett
What a beautiful, simplistic explanation of election.

Sermon6/19/07 8:17 PM
arose  Find all comments by arose
Things that cannot be shaken
Pastor Michael Pickett
Painful but beautiful truths of the Almighty

Sermon3/3/07 4:20 AM
Thomas M Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Find all comments by Thomas M Sullivan
Christ Weeping
Pastor Michael Pickett
It is great to see that not only does Gospel Missions now have a website online, http://gospelmissionbooks.com/ but also the church sermons are on Sermon Audio. I have only been to your church in Choteau, MT. one time in 1986, but it was that Sunday that I was introduced to the Gadsby Hymnal and the hymns of Joseph Hart. Pastor Pickett is a good communicator and I have enjoyed his sermons, what I have heard so far. If you get a chance, give us a bio. of who he is... thanks!

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3]

Advent
Glendale Missionary...

Hell Shaking Prayer

Evangelism Awakening
Teaching

Dr. Peter Masters
Signs of Christ's Presence..

Acts
Metropolitan Tabernacle

Dennis Prutow
God's Weekly Assurance

Our Public Worship
Westminster Evangelistic...

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

What Is Donald Trump?
Paul Dowling

The first thing that faith does is to knock the brains of reason out. ... Martin Luther

Android Wear