Cana Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Cana Baptist Church
Dr. Charles A. Stewart  |  Fort Worth, Texas

Sermon12/28/06 4:22 PM
GBB  Find all comments by GBB
Cease Striving - Identifying the Striver
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Great for Anxiety Sufferers ”
Thanks for this sermon. Anyone who deals with anxiety or fear must listen to this sermon.

Sermon10/29/06 6:58 PM
RRHOOP5469 from Ohio  Find all comments by RRHOOP5469
The Key that Unlocks Eternal Security
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
Great message...so true. Not everyone who calls on Jesus will go to Heaven. Thinking you're going to heaven & Jesus saying "go away, I never knew you" would hurt so much.

Sermon9/30/06 11:18 AM
Mark from Fort Worth, Texas
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ I'm Not Sure? ”
Mark says: This sermon seems to be be based on a massive presumption. Dr Stewart says that he is unaware of any way for tempting thoughts to get in the head of a regenerated Christian other than Satan placing them there. I've never heard anything like this before, and the Bible doesn't explicitly teach this...In refutation of Dr Stewart Romans 7:22-25 says: For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members." Dr. Stewart responds: Thanks, Mark, for you excellent question. What the Bible tells us is that it is the law (or power)of indwelling sin in our flesh that is the source of sinful thoughts served up to our minds. "We have the mind of Christ" Paul asserts, and "a house divided against itself cannot stand," the Savior taught. If sinful thoughts come from my regenerated mind (innermost being), I am a divided house and will surely fail. John MacArthur states regarding Rom. 7:17-20, "His sin does not flow from out of his new redeemed innermost self ("I"), but from his unredeemed humanness, his flesh "in me" (Gal. 5:17)...The flesh serves as a base camp from which sin operates in the Christian's life"

Sermon9/18/06 11:08 PM
Angie from Jackson, MS
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This is an awesome sermon. I really enjoyed it and learned alot from it.

Sermon9/12/06 2:26 AM
Karen from Texas
Help! How do I Wait on the Lord?
comments
I'm going through a time of waiting upon the Lord regarding a job and found this sermon to be a great encouragement.

Sermon9/11/06 4:41 PM
Ray G. from Vancouver BC Canada
Help! How do I Wait on the Lord?
comments
No doubt a timeless message-could not be more appropriate for myself at this time. I must listen to this sermon again, as it has so much within it that demonstrates God's truth and His love for all that are willing to wait upon Him. This has always been a difficulty for me, but with hearing such a brilliant sermon as Dr. Stewart's I can only find reassurance that He is everpresent and full of mercy. Thankyou and God bless!

Sermon9/2/06 9:32 AM
mike from NC
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ secret rapture ”
I Thes 4:16 does not negate a secret rapture just because of shout and trump of God John 12:28-29 gives example of a voice from heaven some heard speaking while others heard thunder other vs used in message would be a picture of Rev 19

Sermon9/2/06 12:02 AM
Mike from North Carolina
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Noah ”
Several have alluded to Noah going through the flood as picture of Church in the tribulation. Noah is a picture of Isreal going through the tribulation and starting a new kingdom. Enoch was a picture of the church.

Sermon8/11/06 9:52 AM
Paul Gowdy from Ontario  Contact via email
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Thank you Dr. Stewart, I have believed in the post trib rapture for many years now, but you cleared much confusion on my understanding of the relationship between Israel and the Church. I personally believe that the church will be on the earth during the time of the wrath but will be protected through it just as Israel was protected during the ten plagues of Egypt. Actually I found that the seven trumpets and the seven bowls of God's Wrath (14 in all) actually amount to 10 distinct judgements as 4 of the 14 judgements overlap or are one and the same! So I think that Israel in Egypt during the 10 plague judgements is a picture of the Church in the World during the time of wrath. 10 seems to be the number of testing in scripture. Thanks again and the Lord bless you as you continue in the Word, sincerely Paul Gowdy.

Sermon8/5/06 6:29 PM
Janine from Louisiana
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
I've always leaned toward pre and am not sure that is from teaching I received after believing, (certainly was not from my Catholic upbringing as all thing Biblical were brand new to me after my encounter with the Living God in Christ Jesus), or it is my desire?? So I honestly say I am not persuaded yet...at one point a few years ago I read a book by a believing Jewish man who changed his view to Pre wrath..it made a lot of sense when I read it. Nevertheless, after listening to the sermon a little while ago entitled...Six things the lost know after death....I think I would rather be here for the trib. just for my lost family members to show them this is all God's plan as shown in His Word. I will listen again to this with my Bible and notebook in front of me to learn more. Thanks for the sermon, Janine

Sermon7/9/06 1:57 PM
Jan from alberta canada  Contact via email
Suicide: What You Must Know About It
comments
this is a touchy topic, but much needed. The devil can take your body but not your soul if you are saved. My brother went missing and we believe that he killed himself. He suffered from bi polar and was a confessing born again Christian. My hope is that I will see him again. read Romans 8:38-39.

Sermon6/30/06 6:20 PM
Charles from Pheonix
Suicide: What You Must Know About It
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Questionable ”
Charles writes: I am usually quite happy with Dr. Stewart's sermons. This one, however, troubles me. I fear that someone who hears this particular teaching and is looking for a way to circumvent their cross and/or to escape their troubles on this earth will believe it and end up in eternal misery. I do not understand how anyone could believe that the Holy Spirit would be slack in keeping God's people from total and final despair and allow their living hope to be eclipsed so that they would take their own lives. In the case of suicide, truly a statement of utter hopelessness and unbelief, we must never conclude that the perpetrator is born again. Dr. Stewart responds: Thanks, Charles, for your thoughts. Suicide is a very emotional subject for all of us. One must not assume that the Holy Spirit has failed whenever one of God's people commits sin. Humans make mistakes. I would agree that suicide is sin (its unbelief and disobedience are both sin). The Biblical record, however, does not indicate that this or any other sin has the power to terminate the redemptive grace and love of our Risen Lord once we have received it. "Eternal misery" is reserved for those who reject Christ, not for the People of God who stumble because of unbelief and disobedience in their final hour.

Sermon6/18/06 9:11 AM
G.W.
Four Secrets for Effective Praying
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Amazing sermon! ”
Truly truly amazing! I wish I knew about all these "secrets" earlier. Prayer is never going to feel the same again.

Sermon5/20/06 6:01 PM
Martyn from Ballymena
Destroying the Da Vinci Code
comments
Excellent! Very useful. The sermon refutes the main "factoids" in the Da Vinci Code without getting overly technical. If you know somebody who has been confused or convinced by the "historical facts" of the Da Vinci Code, get him/her to listen to this.

Sermon5/17/06 11:04 AM
Terri from Toronto,Canada  Contact via email
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
I was richly blessed by this sermon.. The way in which you present the word is easy to understand and apply to our christian life. Stay blessed and keep up the good work!

Sermon3/14/06 1:07 PM
Stanley McQueen from Kentucky mountains preacher  Contact via email
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This preacher has done a wonderful job bringing this wonderful message to the church. If this message is digested and active in our lives, our minds will be fixed upon pure and good and holy things so that we might keep our minds and hearts fixed upon God and good things. In my opinion this is an excellent message that has come from the Lord God through the preacher who preached it so well. Bless you, Brother, for being obedient.

Sermon2/18/06 9:01 PM
Tim from Pa.
Is the U.S.A. in Bible Prophecy?
comments
That makes sense about the USA. I've listened to many people speculate on why the USA is not mentioned. You back up your thoughts with scripture and admit that you may not be exactly right.

Sermon2/12/06 1:20 PM
T. Sardina from Washington
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This sermon gives great instruction on discerning the negative, defeating thoughts that are in all of our hearts(minds).

Sermon12/27/05 12:44 AM
Mary from Kent, WA  Contact via email
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
This is a miracle in itself. A pastor preaching something other than pre-trib. I have been shunned by so many of my brothers and sisters for saying that the pretrib rapture is not biblically sound. It blesses my heart also of the many people that are beginning to read the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to teach them God's Truth. In Deuteronomy 8:3. Moses teaches the Children of Israel that they must live by "every" word that proceeds from the mouth of God. In Matthew 4:4, Jesus tells the same thing to the devil. We must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, that which is told in His Word. I only have one question that still has not been answered by any pretribber to which I have asked this question. Please tell me the Scripture that says that Jesus will come before the great tribulation. As a friend told me, If its not in the Word, its not meant to be heard. Blessings to you Pastor Stewart you will be blessed. Send some of those mighty men of valor to the Northwest. Dr. Stewart comments: Thanks, Mary, for your kind words. Actually, I had the joy of preaching a revival in Hamilton, WA several years ago. I loved both your state and the wonderful people I met there! Blessings all!

Sermon11/22/05 9:34 AM
Linda
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ 2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth ”
I started listening to the sermon--got about 1/4 through it--then turned it off and just read my Bible--the scriptures that were referenced in the message. Might come back and listen more--but what I would recommend people do if they question someone's teaching is to be a Biblical Berean--study the scriptures for themselves-- BTW--I am a pre-tribualtionist/pre-millennialist--a born again Jewish believer in Jesus my personal Saviour and Lord. Also--the Church has not replaced Israel --Israel is still God's "covenant people"--His "earthly" people. The Church is the Bride of Christ, and His "heavenly people". God did not promise an earthly Kingdom to the Church. Dr. Stewart responds: Thanks, Linda, for your comments. I, too, agree that Israel is God's unique, covenant people. I reject Replacement Theology completely. However, the early Church Fathers (and I believe Jesus and Paul) all seem to expect the Bride of Christ to join Israel in the Great Tribulation. I challenge you to read Mat. 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Following Jesus' chronology, the Rapture and ingathering of Believers definitely follows the Great Tribulation. The more we get back to the clear meaning of the words of the New Testament, the more compelling is the Post-Trib position.

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/sw..