Grace to You | SermonAudio.com

SATURDAY
NOV 29, 2014

Make a donation to this broadcaster!
More + Podcast + Codes
MyChurch: johnmacarthur
Grace to You
John MacArthur  |  Los Angeles, California

Sermon1/10/14 5:12 PM
DVB from New York  Find all comments by DVB
Understanding the Sabbath, Pt 2
comments
Jesus reaffirmed every one of the 10 Commandments, except the commandment on the Sabbath. Yes, he observed it, but he was the fulfillment of the law at the Crucifixion. The Sabbath was for the Jews specifically, read Exodus. Paul himself stated that some people esteem one day, others no day. Lastly, if you are thinking you are justifying yourself by the “Law”, then you have to live according to ALL the laws, not just the ones you want to. Do you even know what the rules regarding observing the Sabbath included? It’s not just saying “I go to church on Saturday”. If you live by the law, you will be judged by the law. We are justified by grace, not the law. Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? Colossaians 2 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Sermon1/9/14 1:27 PM
Dave Slingerland from Alberta Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dave Slingerland
Understanding the Sabbath, Pt 2
Pastor John MacArthur
comments
“ sabbath ”
Hi John. I usually enjoy listening to your messages, but this one scared me. You listed all the pharisees extra rules that Jesus did away with, he never did away with the Sabbath because it was written in stone for a perpetual covenant. God does not change. Nowhere does he say to keep the Sabbath on the first day and he taught his disciples to keep sabbath. Emperor Constantine enforced Sunday worship with a sword, Satan's greatest victory yet. You have taught me a lot about studying my bible and I thank God for that. This is the student giving the teacher gentle reproof. 'In vain do you worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men' All the commandments apply today or none of them.

Sermon12/22/13 5:21 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
God's View of Homosexuality, Pt. 1
Pastor John MacArthur
comments
“ They already know it ”
Homosexuals know their lifestyle is sin,if they didn't they wouldn't spend so much time trying to convince the rest of us that it isn't.

Sermon11/28/13 9:50 PM
John H. from North USA  Find all comments by John H.
How to Pray, #1
Pastor John MacArthur
I love this sermon! Thank you so much. I have listened to it so many times, I can quote it perfectly. And each tome I listen to it, I get something new :) again, thank you! This has helped me SOOOOOOO much!

Sermon11/27/13 2:15 PM
Shane Hokanson from Utah  Find all comments by Shane Hokanson

Sermon11/18/13 5:48 AM
Dr.Sabitha from India  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dr.Sabitha
The Incarnation of the Triune God
Pastor John MacArthur
Pastor i am greatly blessed by the message Thank you

Sermon10/22/13 7:03 PM
akoto mawuena from ho  Contact via emailFind all comments by akoto mawuena
What Happens When a Christian Dies? Pt 2

Sermon10/22/13 7:43 AM
Charles  Find all comments by Charles
comments
You have just been looking at the wrong places. Dr. Macarthur's sermons are easily available, 100s of them at his ministry's website: http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons. I listened to over a hundred sermons of his a year or two ago- in one or two months. It is a treasure of biblical truth and a marvelous resource for students of scriptures.

Sermon10/4/13 5:31 PM
Tyron Simpson from Prineville  Contact via emailFind all comments by Tyron Simpson
Are Healing and Tongues for Today?
comments
They ask is divine healing for today I ask is breathing for today Is53:5 Jesus took upon all sickness and sin upon himself

Sermon9/28/13 1:18 AM
Part two indeed caps off part one.

Sermon9/28/13 12:45 AM
This really impacted me. I've never before seen God's call as a summons much less a summons into the presence of God. Also I'd not seen that verse you quoted on the gospel being a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to gentiles but to the called the power of God unto salvation as a verse for assurance of salvation. In a sense one would be assured of their salvation seeing the gospel and desth of Christ as such. Think I'm seeing that in a kosha manner. Thank you. Moving on to part rwo.

Sermon9/24/13 12:43 AM
Joel Freeland from Arizona  Contact via emailFind all comments by Joel Freeland
The Pope and the Papacy
comments
It's the first time I have heard such a truthful account on the Catholic believe! Praise God for your courage to tell the truth. My wife who is a x catholic and now after your sermon a true believer that she left a fake Gospel. Thank You and Praise God for your courage!

Sermon8/13/13 12:32 AM
DanSand from Seattle  Find all comments by DanSand
Romans 7 and Divorce
Pastor John MacArthur
comments
“ Required for entering the Kingdom ”
...unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God...CORINTHIANS 6:9-11 ; "Repent ye, and believe the gospel."—Mark 1:15 ; John the Reformed Baptist did not wink at sin. For Herod ... bound him in prison for Herodias’ sake, his brother Philip’s wife: for he had married her. For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother’s wife. Mark 6:17-18

Sermon8/4/13 6:27 PM
brother Michael  Find all comments by brother Michael
Romans 7 and Divorce
Pastor John MacArthur
comments
“ To Consider ”
ds wrote: "It appears to me that many christians will not enter the kingdom because they trusted not in the plain meaning of scripture" Is this what is required for entering the kingdom? I thought it was all who believe on the Lord Jesus and look to him in faith. I did not know a misinterpretation or misunderstanding of Scripture (which I am not saying this sermon represents) would be that which takes one from being in Christ to being out of Christ. This sounds nothing short of works-based "righteousness" or legalism. Sin is sin and it must be repented of by every believer and confessed. But ds would do well to realize that many theologians would strongly disagree with his calling his position on this teaching (i.e. divorce/remarriage) the "plain meaning of scripture." Finally, it is quite wrong to qualify as "winking at sin" the preacher's position on this subject. He has a position right or wrong but it is not a wink but his sincere understanding of the subject.

Sermon8/3/13 12:07 AM
DandSand from Seattle  Contact via emailFind all comments by DandSand
Romans 7 and Divorce
Pastor John MacArthur
comments
“ Great Sermon? ”
Romans 7:2 Is speaking to remarriage while the first husband is still living. She is an adulteress if she remarries while her husband lives. Also in 1 Corinthians 7:11 says she should remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband(Paul says, he is still her husband). He also goes on to say, in v39, she can remarry if her husband be dead. It appears to me that many christians will not enter the kingdom because they trusted not in the plain meaning of scripture. You don't have to look very far, these days, to find a church that will wink at almost any sin that suits you. ds

Sermon7/24/13 6:36 PM
Genti Rexho from northern europe,Finland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Genti Rexho
Redemption Through His Blood, Part 1

Sermon7/18/13 9:25 PM
M S Jolwana from South Africa  Contact via emailFind all comments by M S Jolwana
comments
It is very difficult to get sermons by John MacArthur. I have tried and each time I only get these one or two minute sermons. Is it possible to get real sermons of thirty minutes and more

Sermon7/12/13 9:04 AM
Laura wetter from Kansas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Laura wetter
God: What Is He Like? Part 1A
Pastor John MacArthur
I love my GTY app on my iPad. Having the GTY & SermonAudio.com for more. Thanks to John & the GTY church, all the supporters. As I will soon be able support and give back, I have learned soo much from your teaching, resources and love for the truth. I thank God again as I know he leads me as I seek to be like Christ, to live only to fulfill God's will & God's purpose for my. I find your teaches easy to understand and it's always true to scripture as u make it very easy when u say hoe many times this or that was mention, taught by God thru the prophets, Jesus and his disciples. I married a devout catholic. I was not brought up in the church, I witnessed first hand what happens if you love money. My parents were brought up in the Methodist church. I

Sermon6/17/13 5:15 PM
Felicia Parak from Home  Find all comments by Felicia Parak
God’s Pattern for Parents, Part 2A
Pastor John MacArthur
“ I live through it, because of God ”
I came from a broken home, and sadly I still have siblings at this angry home, and fearful because of our parents, they are both depended on substance abuse, drugs and drinking. Which leads to the terrible verbal abuse ect. Yet God somehow can take a broken life, and gives it hope and joy and love he or she never had because it`s in Christ. So there is hope. I am living proof that Christ cares! Pray for the Curtis family that suffer still, youngest sister is only 14 years old. Thank you!

Sermon6/5/13 4:08 AM
thomas kunnath from kerala  Contact via emailFind all comments by thomas kunnath
Is Faith a Gift?
I WANT TO LEARN BIBLE

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Briefing 03-27-14
Rev David Silversides
Who Is The Man Of Sin?

Topical
Special Meeting
Loughbrickland Reformed

Richard Caldwell Jr.
Response To Troubled Heart

Non-Series Psalms
Founders Baptist Church

Blog 11/24/14
New Attendance Record and Thanksgiving in...

New York Gospel Mission
this week came and went and brought with it some uniq­ue...

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study

www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sponsor: Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"
ow.ly/Ej50m