Old Paths Strict Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

A White Stone
Encouraging sermon, thank you, Pastor Michael. I love Rev. 2:17

Sermon1/1/10 6:30 PM
Victoria from Tustin CA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Victoria
A Living Stone
Pastor Michael Pickett
A very comforting sermon. God sees us different from what we see in us. He chooses His people for His own purpose and use. They are set aside until they are made ready. He sees them what they will be. He chooses and He does what He desires, it is not haphazard. He is careful for what they had been planned for - a living stone. The place where the Lord is present, it is a Holy place. Living stone, they have different shapes but cut and shapen perfectly for the building of His people, the Chief Cornestone is Christ. All glory belongs to the Lord.

Sermon10/30/09 8:50 PM
Glen R.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Glen R.
No Water
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ So very true. A very good reminder. ”
This sermon came to my ears at just the right time, simply the way God works. A very stirring sermon that came as a combination of discipline and blessing by and of God to me. I recommend this sermon for all. God bless you.

Sermon10/27/09 2:47 PM
June  Find all comments by June
The Acceptable Year
“ A Joyful Sermon ”
Pastor Pickett, Prior to my selecting this sermon, I had looked for one on Leviticus 25, but when I discovered you had not preached specifically on that text, I was reminded of the beginning verses of Is 61 and felt certain you would preach this passage in the context of the Jubile year. To my delight, you did, mentioning also that Lev. 25 was the portion of Scripture you read to your congregation prior to the sermon. What a lovely presentation of Christ is set forth in the Year of Jubile. Christ, my Redeemer Kinsman, who secured my release from the awful debt of sin I owed by His precious blood; Christ, who effected my restoration to God, my rightful owner; Christ, who brought about my restitution and recovery to the former estate of fellowship with God, which I had forfeited by my sins and transgressions; And even as the land enjoyed her rest in this year, so did I find rest in Christ, my jubile, and the rejoicing that marked that year I too can testify to . . . a joy no man taketh from me . . a joy unspeakable! It is quite amazing how God wrote the Bible and even more amazing that He has in His mercy opened my eyes that I might see these wondrous things out of His law! (Ps. 119.18)

Sermon9/16/09 11:55 AM
l.g. lund from washington state  Contact via emailFind all comments by l.g. lund
Appointed To Preach
Pastor Michael Pickett
Like water to the thirsty traveler has been this man's preaching to me. I identify myself as a Strict Particular Baptist, but no such fellowship here. Driving a truck for a living at least allows a great deal of time to listen to his sermons thankyou Sir! By His Grace For His Glory greg

Sermon7/9/09 7:07 PM
Larry Phillips from Weatherby, Missouri  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Larry Phillips
He found him 1
Pastor Michael Pickett
Pastor Pickett: This is a most encouraging message and spoke to my soul through God's Word. Thank you for being faithful to the truth of God's Word. Larry Phillips

Sermon5/10/09 4:32 PM
June from USA  Find all comments by June
Well to find Rest
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ A Christ-exalting sermon ”
Pastor Pickett: Thank you again for “preaching Christ” in all his fulness and expounding the precious gospel truths found in this lovely text. Such precious and glorious truths! Christ, our Redeemer Kinsman, as typified by Boaz. Ruth finding grace in the sight of Boaz, as do all who by grace come to know the Lord and find grace in His sight. The spirit of Ruth which compelled her to leave all, that she might be found amongst the people of God pointing to the Spirit of Christ that indwells true believers & inclines us to forsake all for Christ. Ruth, in her marriage to Boaz, typifying the bride of Christ, to whom all the saints are wed spiritually. I praise God that the God of Ruth is my God too! Once again you have ministered to my soul by speaking out of the "good treasure of your heart." (Matt.12:35a)

Sermon5/10/09 3:22 PM
June from USA  Find all comments by June
Well to find Rest
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ A most Instructive & Affecting Sermon ”
By God's providence, many years ago, the Lord placed a gracious soul, not unlike Naomi in my path, who whereupon learning I was a Roman Catholic, placed a Bible in my hands. I have often thought of our encounter in the context of this passage in Scripture. Even as Naomi was the instrument God used to desire REST for Ruth, so was it placed upon her heart to desire that for me as well. As I listen to the general tenor of your preaching, I cannot but sense that same heartfelt desire for the souls over whom God has given you the charge and watch, as that of Paul's, so lovingly expressed for his Jewish brethren in the flesh in his letter to the Romans: “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.”(Rom.10:1) and to the Galatians when he wrote: “My little children,of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,”(Gal.4:19) Though I am not a member of your congregation, yet by God's grace, I am privileged to sit under your gospel ministry, and as such, the Lord has laid it upon my heart to express my gratitude for your tireless labours in the gospel and would have you know I “esteem you highly in love for your work's sake."(1 Thess 5:13) I believe the Lord truly has in answer to your prayer given you the heart of a pastor!

Sermon3/29/09 7:51 PM
Victoria  Find all comments by Victoria
The Living God
Pastor Michael Pickett
God will cleanse His people from all idols in His own perfect time, when He gives that faith as "fire of belief to consume that great Sacrifice" and fear Him as the start of a great relationship between the redeemed and the Redeemer. All things come from God, even that believing faith. We are helpless without the Holy Spirit. That is why we found ourselves in distress in different measure until God comes. "I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people and they shall trust in the name of the Lord". (Zephaniah 3:12).

Sermon3/6/09 3:53 PM
June  Find all comments by June
No Temple
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A most comforting & consoling sermon ”
“The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary;” Is. 50:4a Indeed to you has this gift been given Pastor Pickett . . for this message was truly just that “word in season” for this weary pilgrim! For our time of fellowship last evening, we listened to this sermon. Though in our household there is much by way of affliction because of chronic health problems, this comforting sermon was the very balm of Gilead prescribed by the Great Physician himself, suited to our peculiar condition and circumstances, in order to the reviving of our spirits, the cheering of our hearts, and the strengthening of our frail and feeble frames. (1 Pet. 1:7-9; II Cor. 4:17-18) As one diagnosed with cancer, and no stranger to affliction, this passage in Scripture must oft have comforted and consoled you as well! Thank you again for showing us more of Christ in this text, as He is pre-figured in the earthly temples built by Moses in the wilderness and those built by Solomon and Zerubbabel in Jerusalem, the combined beauty of which is far and away eclipsed by the Lord of Glory himself! What a beautiful truth is conveyed here in shadows, pointing to the substance found only in Christ!

Sermon12/21/08 3:38 PM
Victoria from Tustin CA  Find all comments by Victoria
God accepteth thy person
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ Great Blessings fr. God's Word today 12-21-08 ”
"...for God now accepteth thy works." What a blessing to be given that knowledge of Christ's salvation through His precious blood, that the compelation of my rejoicing comes from that given faith to believe that Christ's imputed righteousness, God accepted my works and therefore make my heart merry not only in this earthly life but in life to come, when He comes back to bring me to His eternal glory to Whom I was joined forever.

Sermon12/8/08 12:32 PM
Lea from Montana  Find all comments by Lea
Stand Fast
“ Sound Preaching ”
Thank you Pastor Pickett for making your sermons avaliable to those of us who are isolated by providence, and unable to find any sound preaching that we recognize as that which is annointed by God, and so this is a large gift of encouragement and support to us.

Sermon11/30/08 5:32 PM
Victoria  Contact via emailFind all comments by Victoria
Now mine eye seeth Thee
Pastor Michael Pickett
This sermon has led me to realize how dreadful sin is. When you see against whom you have committed it, IT IS MORE DREADFUL. It produces hopelessness, not in God's mercy, but in self. HOPELESSNESS IN SELF WILL BE THE SURE EFFECT. I REALIZE the initial step in the life of a Christian, the initial step toward heaven by a pilgrim, what is it? IT IS DEATH. For how can I take the second step, faith in the Lord Jesus, if I never take this first step? How can I be a believer in redemption, if I am not first a believer in my bondage and my sins? And if I never mourn over sin in me, how can I ever come to rejoice in Christ Jesus?

Sermon11/26/08 12:07 PM
June  Find all comments by June
The Lord Shut Him In
“ A Comforting Sermon ”
Pastor Pickett: What a blessing this sermon was to my soul! Thank you for expounding upon this portion of Scripture, and so showing me the lovely portrait of Christ typified by the ark into which Noah and his family were bid to come in! The design;the door;the window; the pitch;the invitation. All of God. I can well remember, in a time of great affliction through sickness . . when doubts, fears, uncertainties, anxieties seemed to be my portion, when this storm of life caused me much torment, distress and unrest, both in body and in soul. How often did my cry go up to God . ."What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Ps. 56:3) Though I confess initially I did not see it as such, over the course of the illness I realized that the Lord had ordained these things for my good, that through my sickness, and the seclusion it imposed upon me, he might "shut me in with Him", for it was then I clearly heard the "still small voice" inviting ME to come unto Christ, the ark of the Covenant into which by faith, I too have been embraced, and have truly have found rest for my weary soul! Now in retrospect I can say with the psalmist . . . "it is good for me that I have been afflicted; Ps. 119:71a I thank my God, that I like Noah, have found grace in the sight of God!

Sermon11/9/08 3:00 PM
June & Ralph  Find all comments by June & Ralph
Understanding the Fear of the Lord
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A Most Memorable Sermon ”
Once again Pastor Pickett you have done our souls much profit through the foolishness of preaching. Thank you for your tireless labour in the gospel, for we would have you know, it is not in vain! Your sermon caused us both to consider afresh the time in each of our experiences, when God in his good pleasure, saw fit to bring us to that beginning of true wisdom, even the fear of the Lord, and with that a goodly heritage. Ps. 16:5-7; Ps. 61:5 How good it is then to be "walking in the fear of the Lord", for it is to those, He also gives the "comfort of the Holy Ghost." Acts 9:31

Sermon11/7/08 4:28 PM
June & Ralph  Find all comments by June & Ralph
Bringing forth friut
“ An Edifying Sermon ”
Once again Pastor Pickett, we bless our God for the access we have to your Gospel Ministry on SermonAudio, a ministry marked by "sound doctrine" and "wholesome words". We acknowledge we have much to learn of Christ, but with so gifted an Instructor in Christ as God has given us, we are confident that under your tuteledge, we will grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Phil 1:6) What a solemn thought indeed that out of Christ, our God is a consuming fire, but thanks be to God though we were dead trees upon whom the axe of God's wrath could have fallen, yet in His mercy, we are become "trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified." Is. 61:1-3 Christ, the very Tree of Life has been set in our midst, and in Him we are now rooted and being built up. (Col. 2:6-7) We truly are amongst those whom the Lord calls "blessed." Being conformed to His image . . June & Ralph

Sermon11/2/08 7:46 PM
Victoria from Tustin CA  Find all comments by Victoria
My Children Walk in Truth
Pastor Michael Pickett
In this sermon speaks of the Apostle John's love of the Truth and his hatred for the lies of false gospel doctrine which stands out in his heart. The sermon emphasized the evidence of true conversion by a constant walk in the love of Truth and in the interest of Christ and hearing that "my children" walk in truth expressed John's affection and chiefest joy. What an awesome exposition of the "Great Shepherd's" affection in this epistle.

Sermon11/2/08 12:30 PM
June  Find all comments by June
My Hiding Place
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A Very Soul Searching Sermon ”
Pastor Pickett: As you say, "true religion is not a light and frothy thing". Sadly though, many preachers by the levity in which they preach, do lead many to regard it as just that . . a light thing! Thanks be to God that the Spirit of God rests upon your preaching, and as such you treat these matters with the solemnity, seriousness, and sobriety with which they are to be considered. I thank "My God" too for showing me the sinfulness of my sins and of my lost condition and fallen estate, but with that, in His time, graciously revealing His Son to me, whom I have indeed found to be my "hiding place." Thank you for giving me a fresh reminder of the glorious nature of the deliverance God has wrought for me in salvation. Like David, I have experienced God's heavy hand upon me before I acknowledged and confessed my sins, and have been made sensible of my sins . . my inquities . . my transgressions, indeed have been made to feel tormented by them, grieved by them and sorrowful over them. Yet by grace I too have been brought to confess them, and can declare w/David: "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell." Psalm 86:12-13

Sermon10/24/08 2:32 PM
June & Ralph  Find all comments by June & Ralph
A Plumbline
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A most solemn Sermon! ”
Pastor Pickett: My husband and I wanted you to know how very blessed we were by this message. Your exposition of this verse in Amos was most instructive. I must say I had long puzzled over it in time past, but like a surgeon, you very precisely opened up the meaning of the text, and made it plain to both of us. The solemnn and careful manner in which you deliver the message is most effective. Your repetition of the verse . . "Amos, what seest thou?" throughout the sermon, and the pauses you make thereafter, give the hearer time to thoughtfully reflect on both the verse and the explanation you give to it. It is most effective. We found it especially encouraging as well to know that in this day when the spirit of Amaziah is very much abroad, that God, in His mercy, has been pleased to raise up a servant of the Lord like yourself, who in the spirit of Amos, and in accordance with God's plumbline, the Word of God, faithfully declares the burden of the Lord, that He would have "His people" hear! We will make good use of this fresh means of grace that the Lord has availed us through your preaching. "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." Jer. 3:15

Sermon9/27/08 12:29 PM
Vicky M. Cardona from Tustin, California  Contact via emailFind all comments by Vicky M. Cardona
Life in Christ
Pastor Michael Pickett
This sermon reflects that Jesus Christ, is the Great Treasure,"PEARL OF GOD" given by the endearing love of the Father to those whom He had chosen and born to be His. Christ the "Pearl in my heart". What He had given will be forever given and will never be lost. It is eternal. What awesome thing to know. The glory belongs to HIM, God Holy! Immortal! Infinite.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3