CODE #

Gregory G. Nichols  |  Grand Rapids, Michigan

Sermon5/31/10 8:30 AM
J. Walker  Find all comments by J. Walker
Christian Modesty, #1
Greg Nichols
“ Amen, my brother ”
Thank you, for this assistance in raising our children and instructing on this, necessary subject in balance.

Sermon3/11/10 6:57 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
“ A Hearty Amen! ”
After hearing 7 other messages from two other RBCs, about contextualization and cultural relevance, this was a welcome reminder of the old paths. There is one question on this subject that in our day would hardly be asked: if the service is embellished for a certain effect, isn't it possible that our worship would be moved more by what the old authors called "animal passions" than true religious affections? This question is asked in Pike and Hayward's Cases of Conscience, 1755, quest. 1. How shall we distinguish between the workings of natural affection, and the real exercise of grace in religious worship? I would say minimally we must attempt to keep our worship pure to avoid natural affections only.

Sermon3/1/10 7:45 PM
Romans, #46
Greg Nichols
“ Solid Exegesis ”
Today I heard messages 44-46. This represents Bible exposition at its best. There is a great combination here, (1)experience since Pastor Nichols has taught Romans 1-8 a few times, (2)passion, (3)accuracy - especially when there is a lot of muddle headed thinking on who is the man in Romans 7:14-25 from D M Lloyd-Jones to Robert Reymond - appendix Syst. Theology, and others, it not only is edifying to hear the text opened up correctly,(4)it is pastoral because we live in these verses until- as Gurnall wrote - 1662, the flesh and the armor go off the stage together.

Sermon2/21/10 4:19 PM
sue b from sh, mi  Contact via emailFind all comments by sue b
Romans, #46
Greg Nichols
Providence prohibited me from being there for part 3 like I had planned. I appreciated this sermon as well. I look forward to when the 3rd is posted. Wish I could be there right now.

Sermon2/21/10 4:16 PM
sue b from sh, mi  Contact via emailFind all comments by sue b
Romans, #45
Greg Nichols
I really appreciated this sermon. Thank you, PN. It was such a healing grace to have been there recently.

Sermon2/20/10 6:49 PM
Sean McDonald from Philadelphia, NY  Find all comments by Sean McDonald
“ Outstanding Sermon! ”
This is the best single sermon I have ever heard on the regulative principle of worship. Pastor Jeff demonstrates that God regulates the worship of the church in a way different from the rest of life; and then proceeds to answer the question of whether the principle still applies under the New Testament. Every example is plain, clear, and forceful. He concludes by explaining that, if we believe that we don't bring anything of our own to God in salvation (Calvinism), we can't expect that we bring anything of our own to Him in His worship. May God be truly glorified through a revival of this principle, and of His pure worship, offered only according to His Word.

Sermon10/6/09 8:37 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Find all comments by Thomas Sullivan
Romans #40
Greg Nichols
After having someone leave our church recently because he had embraced N.C.T. teaching, this sermon was so excellent. Pastor Nichols has been very helpful in this exposition to show how each mention of the moral law is supported by its context. That alone made me want to hear it twice today, but the delivery itself is Pastor Nichols at his best. I love this kind of preaching! TMS

Sermon10/6/09 8:20 PM
Mike Waters from North Canton, Ohio  Protected NameFind all comments by Mike Waters
Worship #12
Pastor Jeff Johnson
“ A must hear ”
This sermon is a must hear for all Reformed Baptists. The law upon our hearts is as important as forgiveness of sin and knowing God. We must never give this point up. It is as important as the other two. This is Reformed theology. This is historic Calvinism. This is essential to NC worship. May God bless you dear brother. Never, never, grow tired of preaching the old gospel. A gospel that saves from sis. A gospel that establishes the law. This is my gospel. This is the historic gospel. This is the true gospel. This is the only gospl. Mike Waters

Sermon6/29/09 9:00 PM
Paul Vincent from Toledo, OH  Find all comments by Paul Vincent
Worship #11
Pastor Jeff Johnson
one of the best sermons on worship i've heard in a long time. the church at large could use a good dose of this Biblical truth

Sermon3/1/09 5:05 AM
melba o. dizon from Philippines  Contact via emailFind all comments by melba o. dizon
“ A Word in season ”
Dear Pastor Greg, My kids and I were blessed with your sermon. It was timely that I was on my sickbed recovering from chicken pox. It was indeed a great time to ponder how good and generous our Father is. Praise Him! Melba MCBC member

Sermon1/7/09 12:03 PM
DJC49 from Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
“ One ... POWERFUL ... Sermon! ”
Young people: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE listen to this sermon! I implore you. I BEG you ... it will clear up a LOT of your erroneous thinking about Christian liberty, the deceitfulness of sin, and the POWER that you already possess (if you are in Christ) to live the life and BE the person who God created you to be! I only wished that I had heard a sermon like this when I was still in my teenage years. It might well have saved me a LOT of tears, suffering, and loss. So do yourself a H U G E favor by listening to this wonderful, enlightening, powerful sermon by a form RC who is now a blessed brother in the Lord. And don't just hear it with your ears, but with your understanding. Praise be to God and His delightful Son, Jesus!

Sermon10/28/08 2:14 AM
Mike Nichols from Mount Pleasant, MI  Find all comments by Mike Nichols
Ecclesiology for Dummies
Greg Nichols
comments
“ Historical Reformed Baptist Sermon! ”
I love my dad for preaching this message. Growing up in the Reformed Baptist circle, I saw a lot of legalism done in the name of holiness. Ending a sermon by exposing the 10 Commandments of Reformed Baptist Worship takes guts, and is the right way to tackle stupid and unbiblical man made rules, which in and of themselves are a form of another gospel. I think every Reformed Baptist church should humbly address the 10 Commandments of Reformed Baptists addressed here, and honestly search their hearts to see if they have stumbled into this trap. Thanks, Dad, for being a pastor with a backbone. There aren't a lot of those out there, these days. Love you. --------------

Sermon10/27/08 2:11 AM
David Malone from Heathenland, KY  Contact via emailFind all comments by David Malone
Ecclesiology for Dummies
Greg Nichols
comments
Pastor Greg. Great, great stuff in here. Loved the 10 unwritten commandments. You are dead on. Break out the drums (kidding). Seriously this is great for all of us. Thank you, thank you.

Sermon9/16/08 9:39 AM
Thomas M Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas M Sullivan
Children's Sunday School, #1
Pastor Jeff Johnson
“ A Controversial Subject Excellently Handled. ”
A student of this subject can soon see that that tradition of the SS is relatively modern in Church History. There is a book at books.google.com of 739 pages entitled The Development of the S.S. 1790-1905, attributing Robert Raikes the founder. So in handling such a subject, it could be objected that the tradition will be defended, by Bible proof texts without regard to the regulative principal. I knew Pastor Jeff would handle this cautiously, but I must say he exceeded my expectations. It was well done. But, as J. Edwards said on another occasion on his own work, "whether I have succeeded to bring any light to this subject, or not, and however my attempt may be reproached, in these captious, censorious times, I hope in the mercy of a gracious and righteous God, for the acceptance of the sincerity of my endeavours" ... so may God use these sermons as well.

Sermon7/23/08 6:12 PM
God Gave Them Up
Greg Nichols
One of the best sermons on this same text has already been well received on Sermon Audio, "Degrading Passions" by David Dykstra. SID=42002174955 This sermon by Pastor Nichols is just as gripping. Even his introduction and caution as he opened the sermon was applicable to me as I am preparing a Sunday School lesson on the 2nd Great Awakening. It stirred me to be very careful in handling a text AND our own emotions as we stand before the Lord's people to open His word. This is one exposition of a New Testament Epistle that I eagerly wait for the next in a series. Excellent.

Sermon6/3/08 4:05 PM
Max from London  Contact via emailFind all comments by Max
The Emerging Church, #1
Gary Hendrix
comments
“ A Warning Siren ”
The enemy is within the christian community, they are attempting to dilute and graft the gospel onto the world. The 'Mantra' of these so called christians heading up the emerging church is one of 'making church relevant to...', 'using a language that they understand' etc. They do not have faith in the transforming power of the word of God, they feel they have to sweeten the bitter medicine. This emerging church is around us, it isn't being franchised from above, it is being orchestrated from within. It is like a rehashed romanist ritual; sounds, lights and smells, it is all about experience, emotionalism, it is a powerful deciever. It is a merging of all of the contemporary and ancient christian heresies. Protect your young people from it, it is as dangerous for them as any class A drug and just as heroin will lead them to a place of emptiness and despair!

Sermon2/26/08 5:16 PM
Grace and Peace
Greg Nichols
I remember sitting in a Sunday School years ago when Pastor Nichols outlined the book of Romans on the chalkboard. I thought to myself that if I could hear him preach through Romans it would be great. But I must say the reality here is beyond the expectations I had. If I can sum it up in two words, "Christ Exalting." My favorite part of this sermon is the emphasis on the calling of the Apostle Paul by the risen Christ at God's right hand and His glory! Excellent, I immediately backed the sermon up to hear this again. Anybody that can give me such a view of Christ I am indebted to. I am really looking forward to this series. Thomas - a few miles down the road in MI.

Sermon2/9/08 5:39 AM
Nehemiah, #19
Pastor Jeff Johnson
The more I listen to Pastor Jeff, the more I am impressed with his gift to communicate and preach. The application about continuing our good work even through opposition reminded me of the comment in the book, "The Sabbath in Puritan New England." Morse wrote, "A party of gay young sparks, meeting austere old John Cotton, determined to guy him. One of the young reprobates went up to him and whispered in his ear, " Cotton, thou art an old fool." " I am, I am," was the unexpected answer ; " the Lord make both thee and me wiser than we are." As William Gurnall well said, "If Satan can charge thee with so much in thy best duties, О what then can thy God do ? God suffers sometimes the infirmities of his people to be known by the wicked (who are ready to check and mock them for them) for this end, to humble his people; how much more low should these accusations of Satan, which are in a great measure too true, lay us before God ! (Christian in Complete Armour page 59 - Satan's Wiles to Accuse and Trouble the Saint)

Sermon11/25/07 8:00 PM
Joel Merck from Eldora, Iowa  Find all comments by Joel Merck
Nehemiah, #16
Pastor Jeff Johnson
This sermon was very helpful to me and many Christians in my generation need to hear it. Thanks Jeff

Sermon8/1/07 5:42 AM
Thomas Sullivan  Find all comments by Thomas Sullivan
The introduction to this sermon was very encouraging to me. The mention of the prayer fast, the congregational vote - I felt like I was still part of this congregation entering into the burdens that they feel, and trusting God with them to provide for them in the future. I am encouraged at the wisdom, caution, and Godly trust they STILL display. The message was also excellent and a timely reminder. You brother next door in Jenison - TMS

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3

The Beauty and Glory of the Reformation

2017 Puritan Reformed Conference
Conference
Puritan Reformed Theological

Sermon: Eternity, Too Long To Be Wrong
Pastor Kent K. Kirchmeyer

The first thing that faith does is to knock the brains of reason out. ... Martin Luther

Amazon Fire TV New!