Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

SATURDAY
FEB 6, 2016

To embed a single sermon, use the
"Embed Code" button on any sermon.
MyChurch: cbcfargo
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
Doug VanderMeulen  |  Fargo, North Dakota

Sermon11/21/13 1:43 PM
Pastor Gary Fitzpatrick from Lavaca, Arkansas  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Gary Fitzpatrick
Praying In The Holy Spirit - Jude 20
Doug VanderMeulen
Enjoyed The Word. Thanks

Sermon9/19/13 8:55 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Gratitude Should be Our Daily Diet ”
Pastor Doug's sermon focuses on gratitude as the sina qua non of growing in faith. This sermon also shares that the Bible does not make a distinction between believing 'based on facts' and faith based on nothing that is provable. Rather the Hebrew, Greek and Latin do not have a sharp dichotomy between faith and belief the way the atheists in our universities do, or the way Webster's dictionary does. Rather, we have faith in a person, the person of Jesus Christ who has been revealed to us through the Word of God. Although Ptr. Doug does not add this point, I will: namely, our language itself is skewed towards atheism by allowing that distinction between belief and faith. I was encouraged by these points and many others in this sermon. We are sinners saved by grace. Do you realize, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, that we are still sinners, that we can and do experience "drift" away from the things of God, and that we need to be vigilant for this...otherwise, we will be "led" into temptation and not be delivered from evil thoughts and acts. Blessings to all.

Sermon7/23/13 12:54 AM
Rayna Kay Bartley from Hot Springs, Arkansas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rayna Kay Bartley
comments
Great Sermon. Truly enjoyed listening and learning how we are to trust God in the darkest of times. We do not understand the ways of God, but we are to walk by faith and not by what we see. How true this fact is for the Christian. God will care for His people. Yes, may God remember His great mercy to us. Thank you so much for this sermon.

Sermon7/18/13 10:40 AM
tristan from Perth  Contact via emailFind all comments by tristan

Sermon7/18/13 8:10 AM
jumpqbert from Usa  Find all comments by jumpqbert
The Wisdom Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
“ Just, wow. ”
This is author Jerry Bridges. Very gifted in his speaking and writing. He makes this topic very simple. So plain that you can't miss what God is saying: He is love, He is sovereign, and He is wisdom. We can and we must trust God in all these.

Sermon5/3/13 4:30 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Our Bodies Are Not Our Own ”
Over the past 25 years since I have been a born again believer in Jesus Christ, I do not recall hearing a sermon about the "body as a temple of the Holy Spirit." Imagine, we are living in a sexualized society where lust is given a top priority and the fulfilling of our sexual lusts is typically deemed normal, appropriate, and, in fact, healthy. As Pastor Doug puts it, "all of life is about me expressing myself." Or, at another point, "It's all about me...." Yet, we should FLEE from sexual immorality. We should be making God attractive in our bodies and our souls. This sermon tells us why we must cleave to sexual morality. If we don't we are tearing up the body of Jesus Christ to whom and with whom we are united. Please listen to this strengthened to become strengthened in your purity, and to live in such a way that you have no master in your life except Jesus Christ.

Sermon4/30/13 5:44 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Christ's Presence - Hebrews 2:12
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Gratitude for Christ Who Speaks Through the Spirit ”
Who does not need to hear this sermon? The preacher is preaching the revelation of the Trinity through the Son Jesus Christ and in the Spirit. One important point that really grabbed hold of me is that we do not ascend to God through the Word, but He descends to us. Yes, we become more godly and righteous through the Word, but at bottom the Word of God is not first and foremost a manual for righteous living, but a revelation of God to our hearts and minds, a redeeming and transforming revelation. He descends to us that we may be made conformable that that which is the acceptable, good, and perfect will of God. It's not like a Gnostic initiation into the mysteries of God, but a revelation of God's love that is available to all, but especially to the elect of God who gather together in overflowing gratitude. Please recommend this sermon to your unsaved friends and associates so they may hear and believe and be saved. And recommend this sermon, as I will, to your Christian friends and relatives so they will be humbled or encouraged or more grateful for all that Jesus has accomplished and is continuing to accomplish in their lives.

Sermon2/13/13 7:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
To continue the first part of my comment.... the Islamacists my prove to be the False Prophet as I am perceiving more and more the identity between the interests of the Leftist Statists and the Islamacists, both inspired Satanic enemies of the Living God. A good discussion of this weird alliance between the Left and the Islamacists can be found in a book by Jamie Glazov entitled United In Hate, and this view is supported by many articles on the website www.FrontPageMag.com. However, it should be noted that this website nor the book brings in the Biblical dimension of the Satanic enmity against Christ that is so important to our understanding of this subject. Also, I wanted to say that I was quite heartened to hear Pastor Doug state that we are sealed against the days of evil. Those days he notes are upon us as we live in an "evil age," but more terrible events may be ahead. The very fact that Pastor Doug is preaching on Revelation recently is, I find, very sobering in itself. And I want to express my deep sadness at the advances of the Statists in our own beloved USA, and am disturbed at the Leftist bilge that is being pushed with such great zeal in our country.

Sermon2/13/13 7:02 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ We Are Called To Tremendous Maturity in Our Faith ”
At one time I enjoyed spending my time trying to figure out who was the Beast, who was the False Prophet, etc. etc. During that period I learned that many reformation prelates identified the Antichrist as the Papacy itself. Pastor Doug suggests, if I understand him correctly, that government that to one degree or another places itself before Christ and projects itself as "Savior", with this or that "leader" or "messiah" in charge of that government is the Beast or the Antichrist. Our challenge as Christians is to continue to respect our governments and leaders, but never to allow that respect to supplant our fundamental TRUST in our dear Christ. We are, then, called to walk a pretty fine line. So, to go back -- what about this view contrasted with the view that the Popes are antichrists and the False Prophet is Muhammed, which identities appear in a lot of the literature on this subject? However, right now, for various reasons I don't have space to go into, I would scrap the idea of the papacy as the Beast or Antichrist, and would replace that with the State and its various self-appointed Messiah's as the antichrists (perhaps leading, as Doug suggests, to "the mother of all Antichrists"), but it seems that the Islamacists may turn out to provide us with the False Prophet, working

Sermon1/27/13 3:05 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ We Are All Sinners ”
There are many wonderful things to say about this message. First of all it discusses the role of sin in our lives. In many churches today the word "sin" is never heard or downplayed. Here, it is the central theme of the sermon. He asks the question: to what extent are those of us who are converted to Christ still sinners. We are told, based on Corinthians and other passages that we continue to be sinners, and we need to struggle against sin until the time we are called home. Once we are saved, we are equipped by the Lord with the "tools" to fight this good fight against sin. We are to live in constant repentance, and the knowledge that our sins are forgiven. But at the same time, we are not to whitewash our sins, but should call our sins by their real names instead of using euphemisms. Further, we do not have to be ashamed about being admonished for our sins. In fact, we want to know our sins so we may defeat them. The sermon really presents our concern to mortify our sins; yet within the context of love and forgiveness. I hope every person who reads this little blurb will listen to this sermon. It renews us because it defines our basic constitution and m.o. as Christians.

Sermon1/27/13 2:58 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
The Doom Of Babylon - Revelation 17
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Christ Gets the Victory ”
This sermon does not fall into the trap of trying to equate every symbol in Revelation with a place, event, or time specified in current events. Rather, Pastor Doug shows that while every form of immorality and power grabbing and ungodliness may seem to be ascendant for a period of time, in fact, these ungodly actions and the persons who promote those actions will only be ascendant for a season. Christ wins. We will eventually come to a new heaven and earth. In our troubled times, everyone needs to hear these words to strengthen the inner man or inner woman.

Sermon12/3/12 5:26 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ Yes Jesus Loves Me! Part II ”
I listened Pastor Doug's sermon. It became so clear to me: I am a mere man. I am nothing. Christ is everything. It seemed so much clearer. It is "thy rod and thy staff" that comfort me. It is "thou" who prepares a table before me. It is YOU who anoint my head with oil. It is YOUR goodness and mercy that follow me. It is Christ who is working in and through my mundane life with its necessary but frequently petty interests. I am flesh, but He is spirit. I am weak, but He is strong.

Sermon12/3/12 5:20 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
“ Yes, Jesus Loves Me! Part I ”
I returned from teaching today disturbed about certain developments in the family. At the same time, I had received an observation report from a professor assigned to evaluate me once a term, and it was highly complimentary. When I arrived home, my wife with whom I had argued before I left was placing a tree in the front yard, with lights, and was posting a sign that said "Jesus Is The Reason for the Season." We had already had our sign with the Five Solas stolen. Three years before our American flag was stolen. My wife was quietly going ahead with the project to bring a little Christmas joy to our godless block in our godless neighborhood in our godless borough of our godless city, New York. I felt sorry for my pique after breakfast. My daughter was upstairs doing her homework. She had stayed home from high school because of a sore throat and a headache. The doctor said it was a viral infection, not strep. "Just fatigue," my wife said. I went upstairs to say hi when I came in the house, and to see how she was doing. Then I went to my HP - G7 Notebook to listen to this sermon. I needed to hear from the Lord, needed AGAIN to try to make sense of my sadness, my satisfaction at the compliments of men, my worries and impatience, my compacency, my disappointment that Obama won.

Sermon10/9/12 10:24 AM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Common Sins Of Covenantal Marriage
Doug VanderMeulen
This sermon really brings home seven types of sins men commit in their covenantal relationship with their wife. Man is the head, and Pastor Doug calls on men who are married or who anticipate being married to begin to research and try to understand what it means to be a "head." He encourages the listener to read some of the writings of Doug Wilson on this topic. Certainly, reading Doug Wilson helped me better understand my role, but I still have many shortcomings in this area. Pastor Doug refers to I Corinthians 16-17 as giving the father a veto over his daughter's choice of a spouse. In going back to the verses, it seemed to me that they refer to a man's choice about whether or not to marry a virgin,i.e., that it is not a sin to marry even though the man knows that he will be taken away from serving the Lord to some degree. It is difficult for me to understand where the father comes into this.... You will be strengthened in your role as husband and head by listening to this sermon, and the other sermons in this series. As Pastor Doug states, women will find the sermon useful as well because it will show them areas where they can be of help to their husbands. Blessings to all. Jeffrey Ludwig

Sermon4/8/12 8:42 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
The Curse - Galatians 3:10-14
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Passionate and Moving Sermon! ”
The listener will be brought closer to an understanding of the glorious sacrifice that is Christ's ignominious death on the Cross. You cannot listen to this sermon without overflowing with gratitude for a loving God who saved those of us who have repented and received Salvation through Christ. We do not have to spend an eternity in hell. Pastor Doug says this straight out in the sermon, and it is a reality that has to be faced by American Christians who do not want to mention this truth in order not to offend.

Sermon3/16/12 5:29 AM
zephaniah from sydney  Find all comments by zephaniah
comments
“ more to follow.... ”
Hmmmm... 55,000 downloads and not one comment....i will listen to this sermon and post my thoughts. More to follow.

Sermon2/13/12 9:27 PM
Johnny Tobler  Find all comments by Johnny Tobler

Sermon12/24/11 1:25 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Is God really 'in control?' ”
Are we still giving God the praise and the glory even when disaster or extreme difficulties come? So, when I heard a testimony two years ago by a Christian woman that had one son go away to college and returned as a gay, and a daughter who went away to college and came home an atheist, I was inspired by the woman's faith. She was still praying for her kids and still seeing them as works in progress. I appreciated her testimony, but honestly it is not a testimony l want to have. I don't want my daughter to grow up to be a lesbian or an atheist. But Pastor Doug lays down the gauntlet to all of us. We don't know how we'll react when painful experiences occur, but if our God is truly a providential God, then we shall give Him the praise and glory in all circumstances. Amen.

Sermon12/24/11 12:40 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ From glory to glory! ”
Do you realize that in Christ, the "veil" that hides the glory of Christ has been lifted? Do you realize you are going from glory to glory? Do you understand that those whose eyes have been blinded are going from spiritual death to eternal damnation? As Christians we need to understand these truths. We are uniquely privileged to have these truths revealed to us. Pastor Doug in a burst of spiritual exaltation (glory to God) has been used by God to lift up our crestfallen and sinful hearts, and draw us more closely to the Creator of the universe.

Sermon11/4/11 9:35 AM
Jeffrey from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey
comments
My comment includes the provides "it is not God has..." but should read "is it not God who has..." Sorry for the error.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sunday - AM

Pastor Cory Griess
The Origin of Marriage

The Covenant and the Family
Calvary Protestant...

Carolina Theological Seminary

Earn your degree at home on your sch­ed­ule! Aff­ord­able dist­ance learn­ing educ­at­ion!
www.carolinatheologicalsemi..