Happy Thanksgiving! We thoroughly enjoy interacting with broadcasters and learning how the Lord is using SA to impact others. This Thanksgiving we thought some of the recent feedback we have heard might encourage you! .. click for more info!

NOV 26, 2015

Live Webcast | Info | Demo
To embed a live webcast, use the
"Demo" link above to get the codes.
To embed a single sermon, use the
"Embed Code" button on any sermon.
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 1,466 total user comment(s)

Sermon11/6/15 3:29 AM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
Edification is the Priority
Sean E. Harris
“ This I Can Understand! ”
Thank you, Pastor Sean. What you said doesn't seem to violate the commonsense/literal reading of the Scriptures.

Sermon11/5/15 8:48 AM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
A Muslim Britain?
William J. Sturm
“ Reply to Christine ”
Yes, Christ is not intimidated.

Sermon11/4/15 12:48 PM
christine elliott from california  Contact via emailFind all comments by christine elliott
A Muslim Britain?
William J. Sturm
I am out west in crazy California attend a great church but listen to you and Sean. If I relocate it will be in your town. I am in total agreement with everything you discuss. Jesus Christ is building his church in spite of a very fallen world. God Bless

Sermon11/3/15 9:27 AM
“ Reply to Kiryu ”
Thanks for stopping in. I was in your area in 2011 with another pastor teaching the book of Ephesians to some English/beginning Bible students. It was pretty awesome. Thanks for helping us get back to Jerusalem. Won't be long. Matthew 24:14

Sermon11/1/15 6:29 PM
Kiryu from Shijiazhuang, China  Find all comments by Kiryu
Listening to your podcast from china! My opinion on education is to get a proper beginning foundation, like a small bible school so that we have the ability to further study without the need of teachers guiding us later on. Many students never trek outside their denominational theologians and stick in their camps, and of course the biggest mistake students make is to think Bible/semenary will help them grow in God, while that is course true with the right attitude, but really that kind of school prepares people for ministry, and in ministry is where you truly grow in your faith, when we are forgotten by everyone, and come to that point where we ask where are you Lord? And we realize it is we who were far from Him, and not Him from us!

Sermon10/31/15 8:42 PM
Pastor WJS from Fayetteville  Find all comments by Pastor WJS
Jehovah's Witnesses and 1914
William J. Sturm
“ Reply to Wendy ”
Sister, You heard that in this podcast? At what time in the podcast?

Sermon10/31/15 9:17 AM
“ Don't know much about Greek ”
One more thing, Troy, In saying somebody "doesn't know much about the Greek" and accusing two Pastors of "terrible ignorance" I felt compelled to help you understand the "indefinite article" you say the JW's inserted into the Greek text actually doesn't exist. That is to say...there are NO "indefinite articles" in Greek. You can see my almost 10 recordings on JW's for more information and attend a beginner's Greek course for further information. Much love to you for the cause of Christ

Sermon10/30/15 5:17 PM
Wendy Tascione from Internet  Find all comments by Wendy Tascione
Jehovah's Witnesses and 1914
William J. Sturm
“ Disappointed ”
I was agreeing with the topic and views expressed and being educated by the podcast, when suddenly, one of the speakers utters the word, "fag." If we're to reach lost souls we can't be calling them by derogatory names when referring to them.

Sermon10/30/15 9:30 AM
“ Reply to Troy ”
Hey, Troy, I was taking a jog on Tuesday morning when I was listening to this podcast and I too wondered about the comparison. Take a look at the second time theos is used in John 1:1 in the Greek text of your choice...there is no definite article: Now notice in 1 Corinthians 14:2 and you will notice the absence of the Greek article before theos in the Greek...which is itself a textual variant. Compare the two for yourself: Two summaries: 1. Pastors Sean and Dave were right about the Greek text of John 1:1. 2. The MacArthur note regarding 1 Corinthians 14:2 is quite the risky assumption based on a textual variant. In other words, you have to use his reading to prove his point. Can you imagine saying "some Corinthian believers were speaking gibberish to demons, but I can only say that based on a textual variant?" Quite the stretch.

Sermon10/29/15 2:34 PM
Troy Place from Georgia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Troy Place
“ Very poor ”
This was very painful to listen too. They apparently have no knowledge of the Greek. John 1:1 is not simply missing the indefinite article that the JWs insert into there text, but there is actually a definite article in front of the word Theon. So the literal translation is "The God" not "A God" To compare the JW's blasphemy to what John MacArthur did in his study bible in 1 Cor. 14, is the result of terrible ignorance.

Sermon10/28/15 9:02 PM
“ Reply to BRF ”
I like what you're saying. I just know that printing another one to replace the one they think they skillfully planted in your home is almost no deterrent at all. It may be, to them, a badge of honor. I do think the Lord can bless your intent, though. Thanks for your efforts to reach them for Christ's sake.

Sermon10/28/15 11:57 AM
BRF from UK  Find all comments by BRF
“ Reduce the risk to others ”
Hi, I always take JWs literature then bin it, at least they can't pass it on to somebody else then. I know they are not allowed to take what I would give them but if we all took there literature there would be a lot less for them to pass on to people who might be fooled by them.

Sermon10/28/15 11:39 AM
Allie  Find all comments by Allie
Since you asked I will chime in. I agree and already held the views you shared. I would like to hear a podcast on something I heard Pastor MacArthur say in a sermon. He mentioned that Christ's kingdom had to be postponed because the Jews rejected Him. He also spoke about som mystery. I was so creeped out that I stopped listening to him. Christ came to suffer and die. Jews unbelief was prophesied in the old testament. What in the world is he talking about? Do you know? His eschatology is also bizarre. Do you have any insight or references? Thanks.

Sermon10/27/15 2:13 PM
Boris from usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Boris
Hi thanks for sermon, perhaps we would need to search out what was the significance for Paul to use plural form in one place and singular in another.

Sermon10/26/15 11:11 PM
SuzAnn from NorCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
Thanks pastors for another great discussion on a sensitive and curious topic. Thank you for tearing into the passage, the Greek and demonstrating what it says and not what someone wants it to say... JMjr is an awesome teacher and i respect him greatly, have learned so much from him about the Bible, my walk of faith and have attended his church in the past. BUT he is not 100% infallible on his exegesis. No one is! Thanks again for taking on the tough stuff and daring to roll with it so we can better understand and serve our Savior and Lord! Blessings!

Sermon10/26/15 9:37 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
“ Good typical ”
Pastors, I listen to your commentaries all the time and appreciate your views on most topics including this one. However I disagree with you on tongues never being genuine. I have attended 2 Assembly of God churches and have experienced a lot of what I would say is not what is called for in Corinthians but have also been a part of genuine speaking in tongues with an interpretation and it appeared to edify the church. Not trying to argue, just giving my experience. I do agree that there is more abuse of tongues than not. I always enjoy your podcasts and look forward to them in the future.

Sermon10/17/15 2:34 PM
Krystal Mclaughlin from Dallas/Ft Worth  Contact via emailFind all comments by Krystal Mclaughlin
I can only add that I was at home by myself in prayer for someone and i began to speak in what sounded like arabic..and the Holy Spirit was so strong it left me weak. I was not asking or seeking spirtual no matter what anyone says...I know they do exist...Pastor Sean I so enjoy your sermons...never stop searching Gods word...

Sermon10/16/15 10:48 PM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
Was Paul the Anti-Christ?
Sean E. Harris
"...crafty as I am, I caught you by trickery:" The Apostle Paul (2Corinthians 12:16). I guess Paul had all of us fooled. These men should fear Peter's witness: "15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction (2Peter 3:15-16).

Sermon10/12/15 10:07 AM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by H Hudson
“ Important Sermon! ”
This message gives the truth that the secular media will not discuss. Also the psychiatrists and medical doctors will never reveal the regrets of their patients after a few years. There is a need for these unfortunate patients to have a site to discuss their new problems. This is an outstanding news item.

Sermon10/8/15 11:30 AM
jHB from San diego  Find all comments by jHB
“ Trump ”
I think it gives words to how I feel about Jeffers and especially David Jeremiah. I know so many people who go to Jeremiah's church and people from my church who praise him on Facebook. It sickens me to see a leader like that laying hands on a guy like trump in such a mixed multitude.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Reasons to Thank and Praise

Epistle to the Ephesians
Shreveport Grace Church

Dr. James M. Phillips
Philosphy of Religion a Crash

Philosophy of Religion
Discover The Word With Dr...

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

The Holiness of God