ID

Grace Baptist Church
Michael Phillips  |  Fremont, California

Sermon10/17/05 7:07 PM
Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Puritan View on Loving your Spouse
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUSTANDING!!!!! ”
This was an outstanding sermon on loving your spouse. It spoke volumes to my heart. Thank you and God bless.

Sermon10/17/05 12:24 AM
Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
comments
Great message again, Pastor Phillips. I am really enjoying hearing all your messages regarding the reformation. Thank you so much and God bless.

Sermon10/15/05 4:19 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History 09: Anabaptist
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Wonderfully Spoken! ”
This was a powerful message on the Anabaptists. May I never take my believers baptism for granted. So many suffered for the sake of the truth regarding this. We are truly blessed in our country today for the religious freedom that we do have. Thank you for another great message, Pastor Phillips.

Sermon10/15/05 4:17 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
comments
“ Outstanding! ”
Once again, Pastor Phillips has done an excellent job. I am truly blessed by all the godly men from the Great Awakening period. Thank you for all these great messages on our christian history. God bless.

Sermon10/15/05 4:38 AM
Ben Stratton from Hickman, KY
comments
Great message about a forgotten Baptist giant. Carroll's works definitely need to be read by a new generation of Baptist preachers.

Sermon10/14/05 9:07 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History #13 Puritanism
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUTSTANDING! ”
This was an outstanding sermon on the Puritans. I learned more from this one message than I have in years of studying about them. Thank you so much for this message. I've always had a great respect for the Puritans, but now it has climbed to a higher level. They truly did understand what the chief end of man is. Excellent message. God bless.

Sermon10/12/05 9:37 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
comments
“ Outstanding! ”
This was just as great as the one on John Calvin. I highly recommed all your teachings on the great reformers to anyone. I have enjoyed these so much that I began to make mp3's of your church history series. Thank you so much and God bless.

Sermon10/12/05 9:27 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History 10: John Calvin
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUTSTANDING ”
This was an outstanding talk on the life of John Calvin. Oh, for all those christians who bash this man and what he stood for, how I wish they would listen to this wonderful sermon on him and his life. Thank you for this message and you have put the desire in me to go back and really read the Calvin Institutes. God bless.

Sermon9/11/05 3:07 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, England
comments
“ Inspiring Sermon! ”
I am quite surprised that this sermon has not had a comment yet. It was most inspiring to hear, in a nutshell, the biography of the "prince of preachers", and I learned so much about him. I was particularly enthralled with the account of his conversion, and his hearts desire for the poor, as in orphans. Surprised that he was called home at the early age of 55, but what a legacy he left to the church. Bless the Lord for raising up such a person, not least in the sermons he preached, which are readily available.

Sermon8/12/05 8:18 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, UK
Church History Francis Lee 1934-
Michael Phillips
comments
“ very uplifting Sermon! ”
The sermon overview gives one the brief insight of what this sermon is about. It is a remarkable subject, all praise to the Lord in His grace using this dear servant of Christ in such a way. Uplifting, encouraging and challenging all at the same time, in searching our own hearts on our pilgrim pathway. Thanks bro Phillips.

Sermon5/8/05 3:56 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey,UK
Puritan view on Backsliding #3
Michael Phillips
comments
“ A warning to EVERY believer! ”
My wife and I have listened to the three sermons on backsliding by dear brother's Phillips gleanings from Richard Baxter. All aspects of the signs of backsliding are covered, and are a warning to every believer to take heed. Blessedly there are encouragements to those who are worried that they are in a backslidden state, but are not.(e.g. not up to reading the scriptures one day, due to an illness), and also encouragements not to backslide in the first place, but what will be a great help to some is what to do if you ARE in a backslidden state, and the repentance needed to get out of it. These sermons are a real blessing again in practical Godliness. Thank you bro' Phillips, but above all thank thee Lord Jesus.

Sermon5/8/05 3:46 AM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, UK
Puritan Work Ethics #1
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Update on my last comment ”
By God's grace, I have tried to implement the message I heard (see my first comment)in a new job, under a new boss. What I did not anticipate, and needed the victory over, was that I was employed for six hours a day. My predecessor, whom I replaced, was employed for 8-10 hours a day. My new boss kept this information quiet at my interview, but expected me to do the same work! A real trial this has been to me, and the old nature could easily rebel! Thanks pastor Phillips for your calming ministry, which not only challenges, but encourages as well.

Sermon4/7/05 12:20 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via email
A wonderful message....explains how we are justified by faith alone! Thank you! I wish I could have heard good preaching like this years ago!

Sermon3/6/05 5:16 AM
Norman and Naomi Smith from New Haw, Surrey,UK
comments
“ Sweet, but so practical Sermon! ”
My wife and I have just finished listening to this mini series on gratitude to God, and have been blessed, as usual, by bro' Phillips gracious, and challenging ministry. Thank you to all concerned in making this sermon available.

Sermon2/21/05 11:45 PM
Barney Cissell from Texas  Contact via email
Lessons in Proverbs #16 (Humility)
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Jesus Bless you Brother Phillip ”
I really enjoy your sermons, as you stay true to God's Word and display true reverence for it! I am truly fed and ejoy downloading and listening over and over again, while following along in my Bible! Praise God for your ministry. Thank you sir.

Sermon2/11/05 10:38 AM
Rev Dr Paul Blackham from Central London, UK  Contact via email
Puritan Matthew Henry Genesis 1 #1
Michael Phillips
“ Brilliant Series! ”
I want to offer you the very warmest gratitude I can for your sermons on SermonAudio. You have done such a wonderful service to the worldwide church of Jesus. I too am a real enthusiast for the Puritans, but I have never thought of preaching through a passage with Matthew Henry before. It is brilliant. It was so strengthening and joyful to hear your Matthew Henry sermons. Thank you again

Sermon1/8/05 7:23 PM
Jessica Dawson from Vancouver Island, British Clumbia  Contact via email
Puritan Speech (Babbling) #6
Michael Phillips
I was greatly moved and edified by this sermon. For the one who wants their conversation to be pleasing to God; this sermon gives humble exhortation and guidance. I think that everyone would be blessed by this sermon, for as Christ says, "By your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned."

Sermon11/16/04 5:15 PM
Anne from Canada
Church History John Gill 1697-1771
Michael Phillips
comments
Thank you, Pastor Phillips for setting the record straight in a day when John Gill is called a hyper Calvinist because he didn't believe in the "free offer" of the Gospel.

Sermon10/18/04 12:48 AM
Graeme Daley  Contact via email
comments
“ challange, and encouraging Series! ”
Just a note to say thank you for the blessing, challenge, and encouragement I have received from listening to your preaching on Sermonaudio.com. God has used your ministry (particularly the Thomas Brooks series) in my life and ministry. I hope you can continue to add sermons to Sermonaudio.com. Just thank you - and may God bless you ministry. My prayer that you personally will be very much aware of God's presence and his hand holding you and your family. Nothing is too wonderful for God - God loves with EVERLASTING love. As I write this, my prayers are for you.

Sermon9/18/04 11:11 AM
Paul Westcott from Owen Sound Ontario Canada
comments
Listened to the message yesterday and it stirred my heart the rest of the day and I am still thinking about it. The cost of evangelism in the early church leaves us with an awesome inheritance and serious soul searching as we face the future.

Jump to Page : back 11 [12] 13 14

Advent
Glendale Missionary...

Hell Shaking Prayer

Evangelism Awakening
Teaching

Dr. Peter Masters
Signs of Christ's Presence..

Acts
Metropolitan Tabernacle

Dennis Prutow
God's Weekly Assurance

Our Public Worship
Westminster Evangelistic...

Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

David's Motto
Dr. Peter Masters

SPONSOR | 400+

The first thing that faith does is to knock the brains of reason out. ... Martin Luther

Android Wear