Grace Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Michael Phillips  |  Fremont, California

Sermon10/26/05 9:04 PM
Mrs. Lori S. from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Puritan view on Backsliding #1
Michael Phillips
comments
Very very VERY convicting sermon. It surely has cause me to truly examine myself. Thank you for teaching the truth so boldly. God bless.

Sermon10/22/05 10:41 AM
Robert from New Jersey
Unconditional Election
Michael Phillips
comments
Amen! Thanks you for this wonderful Bible study! Yes, Salvation is of the Lord!

Sermon10/20/05 2:59 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via email
Perseverance of the Saints
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Excellent Study! ”
Hear this wonderful Bible study! One of the best explanations of Hebrews 6 that I have ever heard! All true believers will be saved (future) because they are saved now (in the present)... Yes, salvation is of the Lord!

Sermon10/20/05 1:46 AM
St Jeremiah from Salt Lake City, UT  Contact via email
Spurgeon A New Biography #1
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
“ A Great Man of God ”
It was refreshing to hear more about the life of of the "Prince of Preachers." A great man of God like Spurgeon was a product of his up bringing, the world he lived in and the transforming work of Christ. This will be a worthwhile use of ones time to listen to his biography.

Sermon10/18/05 11:43 PM
ATMChicago
"It's easier to stay home than go to church. Indwelling sin doesn't want to think divine thoughts. If you pray 20 hours a day, the Lord would owe you nothing. But God is so gracious He rewards you for doing what He tells you to do and gives you the grace to perform it! If you follow after holiness, you will never feel cheated! All those years of reading and studying the Bible and this is all I get--the presence of God?! No way. Doing Satan's will is a lot harder!" I strongly recommend everyone tune in and get excited by the wonderful Savior we serve and His wonderful means of grace -- this sermon will remind you (as it did me) that we should be about our Father's business, if so be that we are Christians!!! And if you're not, God give you the grace to resist the devil and repent.

Sermon10/18/05 4:51 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History 25: Susanna Wesley
Michael Phillips
What a wonderful message on the life of Susanna Wesley. She is truly a mentor for all christian women. Thank you for all the information regarding her. God bless.

Sermon10/17/05 7:07 PM
Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Puritan View on Loving your Spouse
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUSTANDING!!!!! ”
This was an outstanding sermon on loving your spouse. It spoke volumes to my heart. Thank you and God bless.

Sermon10/17/05 12:24 AM
Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Great message again, Pastor Phillips. I am really enjoying hearing all your messages regarding the reformation. Thank you so much and God bless.

Sermon10/15/05 4:19 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History 09: Anabaptist
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Wonderfully Spoken! ”
This was a powerful message on the Anabaptists. May I never take my believers baptism for granted. So many suffered for the sake of the truth regarding this. We are truly blessed in our country today for the religious freedom that we do have. Thank you for another great message, Pastor Phillips.

Sermon10/15/05 4:17 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
comments
“ Outstanding! ”
Once again, Pastor Phillips has done an excellent job. I am truly blessed by all the godly men from the Great Awakening period. Thank you for all these great messages on our christian history. God bless.

Sermon10/15/05 4:38 AM
Ben Stratton from Hickman, KY
comments
Great message about a forgotten Baptist giant. Carroll's works definitely need to be read by a new generation of Baptist preachers.

Sermon10/14/05 9:07 PM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History #13 Puritanism
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUTSTANDING! ”
This was an outstanding sermon on the Puritans. I learned more from this one message than I have in years of studying about them. Thank you so much for this message. I've always had a great respect for the Puritans, but now it has climbed to a higher level. They truly did understand what the chief end of man is. Excellent message. God bless.

Sermon10/12/05 9:37 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
comments
“ Outstanding! ”
This was just as great as the one on John Calvin. I highly recommed all your teachings on the great reformers to anyone. I have enjoyed these so much that I began to make mp3's of your church history series. Thank you so much and God bless.

Sermon10/12/05 9:27 AM
Mrs. Lori Sampedro from Northeast Ohio  Contact via email
Church History 10: John Calvin
Michael Phillips
comments
“ OUTSTANDING ”
This was an outstanding talk on the life of John Calvin. Oh, for all those christians who bash this man and what he stood for, how I wish they would listen to this wonderful sermon on him and his life. Thank you for this message and you have put the desire in me to go back and really read the Calvin Institutes. God bless.

Sermon9/11/05 3:07 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, England
comments
“ Inspiring Sermon! ”
I am quite surprised that this sermon has not had a comment yet. It was most inspiring to hear, in a nutshell, the biography of the "prince of preachers", and I learned so much about him. I was particularly enthralled with the account of his conversion, and his hearts desire for the poor, as in orphans. Surprised that he was called home at the early age of 55, but what a legacy he left to the church. Bless the Lord for raising up such a person, not least in the sermons he preached, which are readily available.

Sermon8/12/05 8:18 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, UK
Church History Francis Lee 1934-
Michael Phillips
comments
“ very uplifting Sermon! ”
The sermon overview gives one the brief insight of what this sermon is about. It is a remarkable subject, all praise to the Lord in His grace using this dear servant of Christ in such a way. Uplifting, encouraging and challenging all at the same time, in searching our own hearts on our pilgrim pathway. Thanks bro Phillips.

Sermon5/8/05 3:56 PM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey,UK
Puritan view on Backsliding #3
Michael Phillips
comments
“ A warning to EVERY believer! ”
My wife and I have listened to the three sermons on backsliding by dear brother's Phillips gleanings from Richard Baxter. All aspects of the signs of backsliding are covered, and are a warning to every believer to take heed. Blessedly there are encouragements to those who are worried that they are in a backslidden state, but are not.(e.g. not up to reading the scriptures one day, due to an illness), and also encouragements not to backslide in the first place, but what will be a great help to some is what to do if you ARE in a backslidden state, and the repentance needed to get out of it. These sermons are a real blessing again in practical Godliness. Thank you bro' Phillips, but above all thank thee Lord Jesus.

Sermon5/8/05 3:46 AM
Norman Smith from New Haw, Surrey, UK
Puritan Work Ethics #1
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Update on my last comment ”
By God's grace, I have tried to implement the message I heard (see my first comment)in a new job, under a new boss. What I did not anticipate, and needed the victory over, was that I was employed for six hours a day. My predecessor, whom I replaced, was employed for 8-10 hours a day. My new boss kept this information quiet at my interview, but expected me to do the same work! A real trial this has been to me, and the old nature could easily rebel! Thanks pastor Phillips for your calming ministry, which not only challenges, but encourages as well.

Sermon4/7/05 12:20 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via email
A wonderful message....explains how we are justified by faith alone! Thank you! I wish I could have heard good preaching like this years ago!

Sermon3/6/05 5:16 AM
Norman and Naomi Smith from New Haw, Surrey,UK
comments
“ Sweet, but so practical Sermon! ”
My wife and I have just finished listening to this mini series on gratitude to God, and have been blessed, as usual, by bro' Phillips gracious, and challenging ministry. Thank you to all concerned in making this sermon available.

Jump to Page : back [11] 12 13

The Briefing 03-31-14

Jon Couch
Calling All Men

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast

Curt Arend
Envy, Anger & Depression

Jonah Exposition
Grace Bible Church San...

Robert Rubino