Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

•  Apple TV
•  Chromecast
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
MyChurch Code#: 75677
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina
Page 1 | Page 11 ·  Found: 1,706 total user comment(s)

Sermon1/16/16 12:00 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
I would also like to add my own thoughts, although I am not dogmatic, But, as a former believer in the pre-trib/dispensationalist/pre-mil position. I see no need for a future millennium on THIS present earth. The Church is the True Israel of God. The Jewish remnant i.e. Paul(JEW) is being saved during this age.

Sermon1/16/16 11:52 AM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
The kingdom of God is a present reality, though not yet consummated. The kingdom has both present and future elements. This age (already) and its future consummation( the not yet and age to come). The prospect of a future kingdom demonstrates that Christ's fulfillment of these Old Testament promises is typological of a more glorious and final kingdom yet to come. Christ's return is not the inauguration of a halfway step on the road to consummation called a "millennium". Christ's return is the consummation. Kim Riddlebarger.

Sermon1/16/16 8:02 AM
Walter from Fayetteville  Find all comments by Walter
Peeling back the onion
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Truth ”
This has always been so hard for me and I am ashamed of that fact. Thank you for the call to "love my neighbors as myself".

Sermon1/14/16 4:56 PM
JHB from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by JHB
Peeling back the onion
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Good thought ”
There is so much more about loving our neighbor then we usually deal with. You have given me much to think about.

Sermon1/14/16 1:12 PM
patsy from south africa  Find all comments by patsy
(Sermon no longer available)
often times listening to teaching makes me say 'ahh, i can see this more clearly now! did u not have teachers teach you, i listen to the bible, as hearing/learning is better for me.

Sermon1/12/16 9:09 AM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
The Strategy of Satan
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Reply to John E ”
I do indeed believe that the 12 stars are Jacob, Leah and the 12 tribes. That is my favorite of two different views of which I am most acquainted. Regarding, the 1/3 of angels, I must admit, on the recording, I went back to my former view of those stars. I am going to see how I treat it in my commentary and get back to you. Thanks for stopping in.

Sermon1/11/16 6:02 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Every blessing Alfred ”

Sermon1/11/16 9:42 AM
Paul Durr from Stedman NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Paul Durr
Turning away from sins to receive the only true blessings ministered to my heart.

Sermon1/11/16 8:07 AM
Alfree from NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfree
The Strategy of Satan
William J. Sturm
comments
Fox has a new prime time series called Lucifer. It portrays Satan in a different light. He is really a nice guy. Now that is good strategy. Will not watch, not even one episode.

Sermon1/11/16 7:50 AM
Alfred from NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
“ B. MC ”
I was going to ask the same question. I know after reviewing my comment, I wasn't exactly clear. But I believe we both agree Christ's Kingdom is not of this world or present earth physically. And though I am not ready to go full Amil, I am leaning there. It is everlasting to everlasting and eternal.

Sermon1/10/16 9:58 PM
John e from Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by John e
The Strategy of Satan
William J. Sturm
comments
Pastor Sturm, do I understand that you no longer believe the sun moon and stars in rev 12 to be jacob leah and the 12 sons, but rather the stars cast down are 1/3 of the angels? Please forgive the run on sentence. Keep up the excellent work, you guys are refreshing.

Sermon1/10/16 8:41 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Sorry Rich L ”
My statement intended to add clarification to your remarks. Regards

Sermon1/10/16 8:02 PM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Find all comments by Rich L
comments
“ Response to B. McCausland ”
You said you responded to me but what did you actually respond to?

Sermon1/10/16 1:27 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Response to Rich L & Alfred ”
Rich L, We are to believe that the whole Cannon of Scripture is not of private/human design, but God's. Alfred, Christ's kindgom is one, and not linked to the earth: "My kingdom is not of this world" Jh 18:3 Prophecies about Christ's kingdom in the OT and NT are not 'time-contained' or curtailed to earth reigning. For instance, compare 2Sa 7:12-13, "when thy (David's) days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee … and I will establish his kingdom … and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever" with Lk 1:31-33: "Call his name JESUS ... and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob (His saints) for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end." Christ's kindgom in both passages has no specific time limit, but it is said to have no end. Being the book of Revelation a book of figures of speech and symbols, Rev 20 allegorises Christ's kingdom, with no intention to limit it, or snap it into parts. The 1000 years speak of a figurative time section of Christ's kingdom.

Sermon1/9/16 7:41 PM
Rich L from Fayetteville, NC  Find all comments by Rich L
comments
“ Nice Chat ”
Are we to believe Paul knew what the Cannon of Scripture would be (i.e., that he had personal revelation of whole New Testament)? Maybe he knew what he wrote was Cannon, but neither this nor that is very clear et al. If Paul did know all that he might've quickly communicate a book like Revelation before his death and before John was commanded to write anything. Like prophets prior to Paul, they didnt have it all figured out. 1 Corinthians was an extra early writing compared to the sum of the NT. The Lord was still producing the Scriptures for decades! Why hold Paul up to an unprecedented standard? Look at 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17. While knowing he could die, he still taught that he could live until the return of Chirst. It definitely looks like the Thessalonians were to believe that.

Sermon1/9/16 2:30 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Peter carrying a sword ? In todays context I would assume he would be carrying a gun.

Sermon1/9/16 11:33 AM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
Great discussion, As a recovering pre-trib/dispensationalist, I too struggle with Rev 20. If you study the New Covenant/Testament only you don't see a literal 1000 year reign. I believe in Matthew Jesus says that His Kingdom is not of this world. 1 Cor 15:25 and its companion verse of Matt 22:44 and Psalm 110.1, Jesus is sitting on David's throne now at the right hand of the Father. Acts 15:16 and Amos 9:11-12. But if you read and study the Old Covenant/Testament, you see a future kingdom that seems earthly as in Isaiah and Zechariah and any other places. So, is everthing in the Old is fulfilled in New or in Christ Jesus? It seems so, ?

Sermon1/7/16 9:15 AM
comments
“ Reply to Jeff ”
Brother Jeff, Thanks for listening and thanks for the question. I cannot answer for the other three guys, but I can tell you that Paul is SO definitive in my opinion that if it doesn't pan out the way he says, he was mistaken. The thing I need to do is determine whether that endangers inerrancy. I know the right answer in this forum, but I refuse to believe the apostle was wrong or so guided by the Holy Spirit that He could be so definitive and yet proceed beyond that which was appropriate given his limited understanding of eschatology.

Sermon1/7/16 8:53 AM
John E. from Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by John E.
comments
Im sure you guys are familiar with Doug Wilson. He just sat down with Jeff Durbin and did an eschatology "conversation" explaining his views. He used ICor 15. I enjoyed it and believe it to be worthwhile. I found it on apologia radio.

Sermon1/6/16 6:17 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Feed-back ”
Friends, the apparent need to 'reconcile' matters derives from existent preconceived ideas brought into the discussion. No single eschatology position has 'all the answers' if dealing with fallible/limited creatures. Yet there should be positions, which will respond satisfactorily to sound hermeneutics. It is a danger and a serious flaw to deal with the particular from the humanistic approach of trying to 'reconcile' what four authors (Paul, Peter, John and Jesus) say about the topic along their personal 'amount of understanding', instead of seeing the whole of Scripture as God's sufficient and infallible revelation. The doctrine of the inspiration of the Bible makes that no author was subject to his 'personal' intuition, understanding or revelation as it were. Useful and edifying series on the matter by Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson: Apocalypse Now: The Reign of Christ (SA). Regards

Jump to Page : back [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 more