Grace Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

MyChurch: gbc
MyChurch Code#: 61367
Grace Baptist Church
Michael Phillips  |  Fremont, California

Sermon8/16/07 10:10 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
comments
“ Great Truth! ”
Great truth: that we need not to seek for and to pray for great missionaries, like Brainerd, Carey, but for our holiness, because this is the way God worked mightily in the first Centuries, through the testimony of His saints, simple Christians.

Sermon8/14/07 10:46 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History #13 Puritanism
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Good introduction. ”
Good introduction to the puritans, good background presentation.

Sermon7/20/07 1:52 AM
Cody  Contact via emailFind all comments by Cody
comments
I enjoyed Phillip's series on Church History thoroughly. I agree to disagree with his Calvinist soteriology, but it was a slight irritation to hear him occasionally bash Arminianism without quite understanding it (he likened it to Pelagianism just as some Arminians incorrectly think Calvinism is the modern view of "once saved, always saved" despite your lifestyle of sin-- both of those doctrines are admittedly heretical). Apart from that and an attack on pre-millenialism, I found his sermons to be informative, uplifting, and humorous. He paints Augustine in a very interesting light. Being an Arminian Pacifist, I found more to disagree with in Augustine than Phillips did, but he certainly showed us the sort of character that Augustine had, regardless of your views on him. Please feel free to message me if you'd ever like to have it out on Arminianism or pre-Millenialism, Mr. Phillips!

Sermon6/23/07 12:32 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
comments
“ Good lecture. ”
Good, interesting informations about Spurgeon. When I listened to th blessed life of Spurgeon, I meditated how many things he had done for the Lord. But I understood that I have not and I cannot imitate him, but to look to our God who forms ministers for His cause.

Sermon6/16/07 12:18 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History 16: David Brainard
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Edifying message. ”
Good introduction to the life of Brainerd. I was reminded again about the importance of prayer in the ministry. Thank you!

Sermon6/14/07 10:37 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
comments
“ Good lecture. ”
Interesting informations and good introduction to Bishop Ryle.

Sermon6/11/07 3:41 PM
Neil  Find all comments by Neil
Church History 09: Anabaptist
Michael Phillips
comments
Interesting point about Baptist distinctives regarding intepretation of Scripture, one I have heard elsewhere from the Reformed side. I do not believe, however, that Baptists need to repudiate "good & necessary inference" to justify their doctrines Biblically. Indeed, the credobaptist argument relies on this to reject the paedobaptist position!

Sermon6/9/07 9:45 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
comments
“ Attractive lecture. ”
Very good, attractive lecture. Amazing, inspiring life! The lives of God's servants are beautiful!

Sermon6/8/07 12:24 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History John Gill 1697-1771
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Great lecture. ”
Very good, attractive lecture. I like the selection of the information the speaker does. It is helpful, spiritual, challenging. Very good the stress put on the importance of learning and knowledge in the life of Gospel minister.

Sermon6/7/07 12:17 PM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
“ Fascinating life! ”
Fascinating life! Great lessons from his life, his ministry, his battles! I was especially touched by Phillips' stress on Machen's Christian character. He is right. Character in ministers is a powerful weapon in God's hands!

Sermon6/6/07 11:49 AM
Florin Motiu  Contact via emailFind all comments by Florin Motiu
Church History #20 Abraham Kuyper
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Good lecture. ”
We need to know examples of men of God who served with faithfulness in Politics. Kuyper's example is helpful. In my country, Romania, neo-protestant Christians have not a basis for a Biblical view of Politics, yet.

Sermon3/23/07 5:19 PM
Deb from ND  Contact via emailFind all comments by Deb
comments
“ WOW - what a great series!! ”
A couple years ago I followed the journey of the early church by a comprehensive study of the Acts of the Apostles, etc., and have wanted to fill in the gap of church history from that time to present, but don't have much time to read. I like to listen to sermons on the treadmill and in the tractor, so I searched for a series on church history. I found the first 3 and did extra time on the treadmill today so I could keep listening! Pastor Phillips has a way of telling the facts in a very interesting way and then finishes with application and lessons for today. After the 3rd sermon (on Augustine) I really wanted to hear more so I searched again. I was THRILLED to find 39 messages on church history by Pastor Phillips!! I plan to download all of them since spring seeding is coming up and I will be spending many hours in the tractor, and now I am looking forward to that! In the meantime, I'll keep at the treadmill. Thanks for posting all those great sermons!

Sermon3/8/07 7:04 AM
Kizito michael George from Norway  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kizito michael George
Irresistible Grace
Michael Phillips
comments
I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY MICHAEL'S SUMMONS ON THE T.U.LI.P I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THIS ISSUE FOR SOME QUITE SOME TIME.PRAISE, GOD WHO HAS HELPED ME TO UNDERSTAND IT.THANK YOU MICHAEL FOR YOUR EXPOSITORY SUMMONS ON CHURCH HISTORY AS WELL.GOD BLESS YOU.

Sermon3/2/07 9:49 PM
Ryan Mercer from Indianapolis, Indiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ryan Mercer
Managing Your Money God's Way
Michael Phillips
I absolutely loved this Sermon and I am going to listen to more of Mr. Phillips. I encourage EVERYONE to listen to this, Mr. Phillips is a great speaker!

Sermon1/26/07 9:59 PM
lee from korea  Find all comments by lee
comments
“ excellent. ”
Excellent sermon about self-control. It's easy to understand, easy to memorize. thank you!

Sermon1/11/07 10:28 PM
Jaymin from Ontario, California  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jaymin
Spurgeon A New Biography #2
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
Its excellent to learn more of this hero of faith life and works. Great biography,...

Sermon12/20/06 7:15 PM
ljb from New Brunswick, Canada  Find all comments by ljb
comments
“ Great Biography! ”
Wow - I am in awe of the faith that Hudson Taylor evidenced throughout his life. This biography of China's great missionary humbles me in my Christian walk, and has made me want to seek Him all the more. That He might increase, and I must decrease.

Sermon12/10/06 2:39 PM
Wayne from Uk  Find all comments by Wayne
Church History Francis Lee 1934-
Michael Phillips
comments
“ Must here! ”
Your father has been murdered...could you visit that muderer in prison and witness Christ as the only hope for that sinner? Come down from the ceiling and wonder at this story of amazing grace and the lessons that can be learned.

Sermon11/7/06 1:02 PM
Joanne McCallum from Waterdown, Ontario  Find all comments by Joanne McCallum
Church History 24: Mary Jones
Michael Phillips
incredibly inspiring

Sermon10/31/06 1:58 AM
Noreen Moyer from Detroit  Find all comments by Noreen Moyer
Spurgeon A New Biography #2
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
I am listening to the Spurgeon biography and am getting very much blessed. One must be a lover of Spurgeon as a preacher to really get anything from any of his preachings. I truly am a Spurgeonite and can see how God mightily used this simple man to preach Jesus and Him crucified. I long to read all of his preachings and will very soon. Noreen Moyer

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] more

Sermons by Bob and Others
Special Meeting

Larry Wessels
Ellen White's Seventh-day..

Pseudo-Christian Religion
Christian Answers of...

Sermon: Nathanael and the Ladder to..
Andy White

Southampton, PA | zip
Southampton Primitive Baptist Church

We are in your area! We'd love to have you join us for Worsh­ip!
southamptonpbc.org

The price of mastery in any field is thorough preparation. ... Anonymous

Amazon Fire TV New!