First Presbyterian Church | SermonAudio.com

More + Podcast + Codes
Live Webcast | Info | Demo
MyChurch: fpccolumbia
First Presbyterian Church
Dr. Derek Thomas  |  Columbia, South Carolina

Sermon3/2/13 8:18 AM
janine elizabeth from louisiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by janine elizabeth
Resisting the Cross
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
This is a gem of a message. Looking forward to the next four parts. Thank you.

Sermon3/2/13 4:35 AM
Creation - Part 2
Dr. Derek Thomas
This is so good. Will listen again to glean even more richness with a second listening. Looking forward to next week's providence. Thank you for making these available.

Sermon2/28/13 1:06 PM
Bill from Greenville, South Carolina  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Bill
Resisting the Cross
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
Thank you Dr. Ferguson. This was very encouraging! What a Saviour!!

Sermon2/27/13 2:47 AM
Wrestling, Waiting, Trusting
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Had to come to listen to this again as recognizing my soul in unrest as I was pondering the state and condition of our country, the apparent indifference of friends on FB regarding their eternal destinies, the rejection of the Lord of heaven. Thank you for this pastoral word.

Sermon2/24/13 7:01 AM
The Bible: Infallible and Inerrant
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Very good. Putting my name with indelible ink on that column on the right. If I am standing unshakably that God Is sovereign, then I must stand firmly that His Word that I depend on is sovereignly inerrant.

Sermon2/24/13 3:49 AM
How To Read the Bible
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
There are some very good points of guidance here. I particularly like the staying aware of the points of conflict. Thank you Dr. Nike'. Oops I meant Dr. Sinclair.

Sermon2/24/13 2:25 AM
Open-Theism
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Sorry I laughed, but couldn't help myself that someone could actually think or embrace the belief that God doesn't have all knowledge. Sounds like it kinda borders on heresy.

Sermon2/23/13 9:51 PM
Creation - Part 1
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Wow, I had no clue that there are so many points of thought on this subject. Very interested in hearing more on this death prior to the fall. On the one hand I have to say "man sure can make things complex." And on the other hand, I find all of this fascinating. But in the long run I have to say now I am glad I'm simple minded. Yet, very interesting where you lean toward on the thought of God creating the world to look older than it actually is. Very interesting. Eagerly anticipating next week's session.

Sermon2/22/13 9:38 AM
vijaya valentina from Malaysia  Find all comments by vijaya valentina
Creation - Part 1
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
Awesome God! Even at this time of famine for the true Gospel, our Lord has provided His church with a few anointed ones that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Sermon2/20/13 1:50 AM
The Trinity
Dr. Derek Thomas
comments
I listened to this again without the distractions of the first listening. I am humbled that I am able to hear these lectures proclaiming these lofty looks into God. I love how it makes me feel so small and He looms even larger in my mind then before hearing these lectures. What a grace to believe in the Trinity without question or difficulty even though I'm unable to grasp it. Thank you Dr. Thomas for making these available.

Sermon2/19/13 2:58 AM
The Decisions of God
Dr. Derek Thomas
Dense?? That's an understatement. I'm not sure I've been blessed with the intelligence to grasp this. I know I need to listen again. I gather that the first branching off on schools of thought on election is soveteignity equals election from the foundation of time vs grace equals election after the fall. But aren't both by grace? Not familiar with the two terms you used. Could be the sign off limits may apply to me. Could be i'm too dense!! Extremely interesting though. Will continue on to the next study and come back to this. The admirable way you struggle for the best word to present this does affirm the way you described in the beginning of attempting to peer into the edge of God's mind. Thank you Dr. Thomas.

Sermon2/1/13 11:38 AM
Midge Mudrowsky from Shenandoah Valley, Virginia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Midge Mudrowsky
The Lamb
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
After I heard this sermon, Dr Ferguson, I immediately prayed for the Lord's richest blessings and protection over you, your family, and your ministry. TY for this tender sermon on the Lamb.

Sermon1/31/13 8:00 AM
The Donkey
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
A delightful sermon.

Sermon1/28/13 2:38 PM
The Lamb
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
This says Dr. Thomas, but sure sounds like Dr. Ferguson

Sermon1/14/13 5:03 PM
God Has Spoken
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
I love Hebrews and I love your sermon here wherein you brought such glory to Christ in how you presented Him. Thank you.

Sermon1/6/13 10:54 PM
Johann B. from Hawaii  Find all comments by Johann B.
Led by Another Way?
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
“ what a blessing! ”

Sermon1/1/13 5:49 AM
The Grace-Giving Word
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
Thank you for this blessing.

Sermon1/1/13 5:04 AM
Led by Another Way?
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
comments
So excellent. Thank you, Bro. Ferguson.

Sermon12/21/12 5:30 AM
Dr. Thomas, this is a very good sermon despite your desire to preach on Christmas, the glory and joy, the singing angels. I could so relate toward the end, as i'm sure everyone can, of not being able to wrap your mind around deceased unbelieving relatives and their eternal state. Makes my blood run cold is what you said. Very good way to put it. I become numb and overwhelmed if I ponder it and must push it away (particularly re my very beloved catholic grandmother). I too must run to Him and ponder His revealed benevolence despite anything and everything and His holy justice in His choices. Merry Christmas, Dr. Thomas.

Sermon12/16/12 1:10 AM
Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
Dr. Derek Thomas
I came again a second time to this sermon seeking comfort for my soul in grief for the families in insurmountable grief in their losses of fri, dec 14. The sermon has not failed me. Thank you Bro Derek.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] more

The Briefing 06-09-14
Scott T. Brown
Forsaken

Matthew
Hope Baptist Church

The Compassion of Christ
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Rising Protestant Magisterium

Pilgrims Covenant Church
Sunday - AM

Kevin Swanson
The Vatican and Homosexuals

Who Will Stand for Truth?
Generations Radio

Blog 9/20/14
Protestant Gender Hypocrisy

Grace Community International
dear prayer warr­iors, a friend who as an educ­at­or...

Westminster Assembly's Grand Debate

Prepub 19.95 +s/h. Papers on Congr­eg­at­ion­al­ism/ Presbyt­er­ian­ism. 12/14 Napht­ali Press
www.naphtali.com/news