ID

Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
MyChurch Code ID: 75677
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina
Page 1 | Page 10 ·  Found: 1,701 total user comment(s)

Sermon1/24/16 11:26 AM
Allie  Find all comments by Allie
comments
“ Well... ”
I think it would be helpful to did a little deeper into Mr. Rubio and his christianity. I understand that he has a team of evangelicals helping him and probably telling him how to speak among evangelicals. He is reported to be fully aligned with Catholic doctrine and teaching. If so, how can he be saved. He did not in the audio say he was born again or used the term saved. Nor did he say that Christ was absorbing God's wrath or punishment on his behalf. He spoke of the physical suffering of Christ which Catholics focus on. They also do not believe in the sufficiency of His death for sin hence the Eucharist. The most nominal Catholic knows its faith plus works. I do not believe a born again believer reading his bible will stay in a Catholic church. They teach what is clearly antithetical to scripture. Christ said His sheep hear his voice. Well, Christ is not speaking through Catholicism. After all these years Protestants protesting is waning. If it were possible to roll in your grave Luther, Hus, Wycliffe, Foxe, Calvin, Spurgeon, et all would be at this moment. Many martyrs loss their lives separating from the Catholics. I guess this is how we show our gratitude. Sorry if I sound harsh. I don't mean too. Forgive me, but I see many returning to Rome.

Sermon1/23/16 9:27 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
John 5: 28-29, there is only one physical resurrection of everyone. Your question assumes there is two. John5: 25 is a spiritual birth/resurrection. John 3 there is only one new birth. And yes everyone will get a body. Why even ask that question? I believe the issue is how many physical resurrections and when do they occur. I now lean to one and at the end of this age, at Christ's 2d coming. How many judgments are there? I say there is only one, at the end of this age, at Christ's 2d coming. Who will enter the Kingdom? I say only those chosen from the foundation of the world. I hope I answer your questions, I tried to as best as I can.

Sermon1/23/16 1:11 PM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
Brother, as typical, I will tell you that it is an affront for you to post on here and argue for a point to which you wholly ascribe only to refer me to a Jedi-master of some kind. If you are so bold as to adopt a view, become also the same one who can defend it. I ask you again, if the "life" those in the 1st Resurrection are given is the New Birth, then does this mean that those "raised 1000 years later" are given a new birth? If it means they are brought out of graves, then when do those in the 1st Resurrection get their resurrection from graves? Do they get one?

Sermon1/22/16 8:32 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
I will refer you to some one much smarter than myself. Kim Riddlebarger, Mongerism.com. Check out His Amillennialism 101 series. Very good, very good. I can't explain it as well he can. I am sure you are well aware of the main points I was trying make. It is nothing new. Mr. Riddlebarger is a former pre-trib/dispenasatonalist and pre-mil.

Sermon1/19/16 8:36 PM
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
Do those who are resurrected at the end of the 1000 years get a new birth or just a physical resurrection? If your answer is that "they get a physical resurrection," doesn't the phrase from 20:4-6 "the rest of the dead lived not again until the 1000 years were finished" seem a little strange? Why would "lived" have two different meanings in two verses' time? Secondly, Doesn't verse 6 seem to indicate that those who partake in the 2nd Resurrection are actually "under the power of the 2nd death?" If so...is there room for believing this is a resurrection that includes believers?

Sermon1/19/16 4:53 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
Hillary or Trump, this is what we have come to. Come quickly Lord Jesus.

Sermon1/19/16 4:37 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
Two births physical and spiritual, two deaths spiritual and physical. There also is two resurrections, spiritual and physical and they are separated by an undetermined period of time. The physical or bodily resurrection or general resurrection is for everyone on the last day. The spiritual resurrection is John 3:3-6, that is when we enter the kingdom God. So the event after the 1000 yrs. or the last day is the general resurrection. No, only the believers in Christ are born again. I don't understand the last question.

Sermon1/18/16 1:42 PM
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Helen ”
You would have a very difficult time convincing Paul that the church is not "true Israel of God." Look at Galatians 3:7 and 6:16. One more thing, sister. He wouldn't care that you don't like the system...whatever label you give it.

Sermon1/18/16 1:41 PM
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
Alfred if the "first resurrection" is the "regeneration of the soul" as you say, then what is the event called when those who are raised after the 1000 years "live again?" Are you arguing that they too are "born again?"

Sermon1/18/16 6:54 AM
Peeling back the onion
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Replies to Walter and JHB ”
my humble thanks for listening to the sermon. I guess that application of the text was especially painful for me. I began to wonder if my "skillful application" at the end was my way of becoming loved more (as a preacher), or whether it was my way of loving my neighbor more. "our hearts are idol factories."

Sermon1/18/16 6:49 AM
comments
“ Reply to Teresa ”
Teresa, "I think" is hardly authoritative. No, we are not mid-trib. There are many that heard this 67 minute recording who are quite glad we didn't mention Daniel. Please help me understand at what time we should have dealt with that passage during this recording.

Sermon1/18/16 1:16 AM
SuzAnn from NorCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
comments
Looks like over 240 people have listened to this broadcast and not one comment? Maybe you have silenced them with the sobering truth of the choice we were all considering! Thanks Pastor Bill!

Sermon1/17/16 4:48 PM
Helen from Sweden  Find all comments by Helen
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
The church is not the true Israel of God. That is replacement theology and made by men. All evil in my opinion.

Sermon1/17/16 4:45 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
I have only been studying scripture for about 6 yrs. The first 4 I lean heavily on presuppositions. Not anymore, I try and let scripture interpret scripture. On the first resurrection in Rev 20, I believe the bible is pretty clear that regeneration of the soul is the first resurrection. The soul is dead in sins and trespasses, and we have been crucified with Christ and we have been raised with(resurrected) him and are seated in the heaven. Just as Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. So therefore the second death or physical death of the body has no power over us. The first death was the fall, and the first resurrection was regeneration or the new birth was the first resurrection. We are buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him (resurrected ). I believe this is the correct interpretation of Rev 20.

Sermon1/17/16 2:10 PM
David Valkus from Kansas City, MO  Contact via emailFind all comments by David Valkus
comments
I enjoyed your News in Focus segment on the Millennium. I am thankful that you are not defending a position but are interested in the truth. All through your discussion you said it seems the Lord comes after the Millennium. I think you are right. Because, I am Post-Mill. But not a traditional Post-Mill. I would like to send you a couple of articles I have compiled on this subject since you wanted feedback. Let me know where to send it if you are interested.

Sermon1/16/16 12:00 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
I would also like to add my own thoughts, although I am not dogmatic, But, as a former believer in the pre-trib/dispensationalist/pre-mil position. I see no need for a future millennium on THIS present earth. The Church is the True Israel of God. The Jewish remnant i.e. Paul(JEW) is being saved during this age.

Sermon1/16/16 11:52 AM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
Questions For Premillennialists
Sean E. Harris
comments
The kingdom of God is a present reality, though not yet consummated. The kingdom has both present and future elements. This age (already) and its future consummation( the not yet and age to come). The prospect of a future kingdom demonstrates that Christ's fulfillment of these Old Testament promises is typological of a more glorious and final kingdom yet to come. Christ's return is not the inauguration of a halfway step on the road to consummation called a "millennium". Christ's return is the consummation. Kim Riddlebarger.

Sermon1/16/16 8:02 AM
Walter from Fayetteville  Find all comments by Walter
Peeling back the onion
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Truth ”
This has always been so hard for me and I am ashamed of that fact. Thank you for the call to "love my neighbors as myself".

Sermon1/14/16 4:56 PM
JHB from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by JHB
Peeling back the onion
William J. Sturm
comments
“ Good thought ”
There is so much more about loving our neighbor then we usually deal with. You have given me much to think about.

Sermon1/14/16 1:12 PM
patsy from south africa  Find all comments by patsy
(Sermon no longer available)
often times listening to teaching makes me say 'ahh, i can see this more clearly now! did u not have teachers teach you, i listen to the bible, as hearing/learning is better for me.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] more

Office HQ United States
SermonAudio Classics

Play! | More

John Pittman Hey
He Knew Me, Yet He Loved Me!

The Sad Knowledge of True Love
Grace Bible Church

Gideon Levytam
I am Not Ashamed of the Gospel

Holy Scriptures and Israel
Radio Broadcast

Shawn Reynolds
Manna: I Am That Bread of Life

Grace Particular Baptist

Bob Vincent
The Curse Turned into a..

Who's Your Daddy?
Sermons by Bob and Others

Our Cart Is Empty
Bruce David Bell

Flushing, NY | zip
City Life Church Ridgewood, NY

We are a new church bring­ing new life to New York City. Join us this Sunday at 10:30.
www.sermonaudio.com