Berean Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Live Webcast | Info | Legacy
Find our Church App in the App Store
directly on your device.
MyChurch: bereanbaptistch
Berean Baptist Church
Pastor Sean Harris  |  Fayetteville, North Carolina

Page 1 | Page 10 ·  Found: 1,598 total user comment(s)

Sermon9/19/15 9:24 AM
Henry Walter Holt Jr from Fayetteville, NC  Protected NameFind all comments by Henry Walter Holt Jr
What if They Make it Right?
William J. Sturm
“ I am crushed! ”
My self righteous pride is brought to the light. My attitude of, "How dare you, do you know who I am?" is scorched in the light of GOD's Word. I am ashamed of my pride. Thank you Lord Christ for your intercession on my behalf, a man of profound weakness and fault.

Sermon9/19/15 6:00 AM
Carl in Greensboro from NC  Find all comments by Carl in Greensboro
comments
“ I DISAGREE ”
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear released the following statement Tuesday regarding the marriage license issue in Rowan County: ..."The General Assembly will convene in four months and can make any statutory changes it deems necessary at that time. I see no need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayers' money calling a special session of the General Assembly when 117 of 120 county clerks are doing their jobs." She is an elected official who was elected by the same people who voted for KY's Defense of Marriage Act. That is why she was not fired and can not be fired by the Gov nor the Atty Gen. She is waiting for the state legislature to general assemble next year to take up the matter so she and other clerks can be legally accommodated just like the 30 clerks in NC were by our legislature. I believe her staying in elected office will add the gravitas for the citizens of KY to persuade the legislature to pass legal protection for not only the clerks but other elected state officials. I think it would be a different story if the majority of the county population that elected her agreed with SCOTUS but they overwhelming do not.

Sermon9/17/15 8:15 AM
Pastor Bill from Fayetteville, North Carolina  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bill
comments
“ Reply to K Mclaughlin ”
Thank you for stopping in. You have heard the whole series? How did you find it?

Sermon9/16/15 2:36 PM
K Mclaughlin from Dallas  Contact via emailFind all comments by K Mclaughlin
comments
Enjoyed the mormom series..i have a relative tjat os on the cult Inglesia in Cristo...not the Church of Christ.. Never heard anyone teach on this cult...thousands are involved...you may want to check it out. Thank you

Sermon9/15/15 7:48 PM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
Thanks for the reply, I am not dogmatic in the area of eschatology. If anyone of you consider your doctrines of theology to be completely true or right, you only have to reach your hands up and feel your ears and will discover they are the furry ears of an ass. Martin Luther

Sermon9/13/15 4:55 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
“ Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! ”
I just want to say, "Thank you, Pastor Sean, for this message."

Sermon9/12/15 10:34 AM
Pastor WJS  Find all comments by Pastor WJS
comments
“ Response to Tanya ”
Thanks for stopping in! My heart is glad each time I am able to see patterns or similarities in bastions of falsehood. Maybe we can save some (1 Cor 9:22). Feel free to "share" the recording.

Sermon9/11/15 5:46 PM
Tanya Pitman from Lexington SC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Tanya Pitman
comments
Thanks Pastor Bill! YOU always get to the point on your broadcasts! I was brought up in the Church of Rome/Catholicism, so I know more about this false religion that claims to be Christian! Biggest deception of the True Christianity! I will say that I don't ever remember drinking the cup of wine! Only the Priest did that, and we got in a procession line to take the round wafer that the Priest called, "the body of Christ " I didn't even know about transubstanciation! I didn't really believe that I was eating Jesus body! Thank God for calling me out of this counterfeit Christianity! The priest spoke in Latin mostly and bored me to tears! I just thought I'd share this with you and others that may read the comments!

Sermon9/11/15 12:03 PM
danfromtn2 from Hendersonville, TN  Find all comments by danfromtn2
comments
“ Great discussion! ”
The word 'Berean' is a good fit for you guys since you're using the Scriptures alone to guide you on this topic. I cut some Christian teeth on the Scofield Reference Bible a few decades ago but keep it around just so I can show folks how wrong his eisegetical notes are.

Sermon9/11/15 11:12 AM
danfromtn2 from Gallatin, Tennessee  Protected NameFind all comments by danfromtn2
comments
“ Good discussion ”
The word 'Berean' fits you guys really well. I like how you place the Bible above all other sources in dealing with these issues. The only reason I keep my Scofield Ref. Bible around is so I can show folks how wrong his eisegetical notes are!

Sermon9/11/15 7:44 AM
SuzAnn from NoCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
comments
Thank you for another great and thought-provoking presentation. Again and as always you guys seek the "truth" of God's WORD and aren't afraid to tackle the tough issues or preconceived ideas of our faith. Please continue to unpack scripture for us so we may serve our Lord with full hearts and clear minds, not fearing anything that is set before us bc the truth has set us free to trust God for our future.

Sermon9/11/15 5:23 AM
comments
“ Reply to Alfred ”
"Are you saying this is one event?: Yes. Zech 14 and 1 Thes 3:13 & 2 Thes 1:7 are clearly the same event: He comes with angels. 1 Thes 4: He is obviously coming with saints who are dead. So...given the proximity of 1 Thes 3:13 and 4:15--and Paul's continuing language, it doesn't appear legitimate to force two different events. "What about the rapture of the 144,000 in Rev 14 which were redeemed from the earth." I am not sure just yet. You are right...it does appear to be a separate event.

Sermon9/10/15 7:43 PM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
Question , 1 Thess 4:14 even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him, who are they? 2 Thess 1:7 the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels. Zech 14:5 and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. Are you saying this is one event? Those who are asleep, saints and angels, 3 different groups? What about the rapture of the 144,000 in Rev 14 which were redeemed from the earth. A lot of unanswered questions? Just asking?

Sermon9/8/15 11:55 AM
Lee from SC  Find all comments by Lee
comments
This is great stuff!!!! I love how when 1&2 thessalonians is read in contexts as if u was part of that church back in the day receiving Paul's letters it harmonizes perfect together as one coming... so perfect its along the same lines as the 4 Gospels harmonizing together to show the life of Christ..

Sermon9/6/15 11:28 AM
Alfred from Godwin NC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
comments
In a previous email conversation i had with Pastor Sean, I told him I do not believe God will pour out His wrath on the Body of Christ. He replied neither do I. Now that to me is pre-wrath. Now, of course if you believe that the Church will be protected just like the 144,000 from all the trumpet and bowl judgments, the Church will suffer not only from Satan's wrath, but from God's also. But I believe in a rapture somewhere between the 5th and 6th seal. I too have evolved from the traditional pre-trib rapture. I believe the first 5 seals judgments have occur and still are occurring today. But, post-trib, since I do not believe in Covenant Theology, I can't hold to a post-trib rapture.

Sermon9/6/15 6:32 AM
comments
“ Reply to Brother David Winslow ”
Ah, now your email makes sense! It's interesting that you say "you doubt you can reason with those blinded to the truth." I don't know if you intended on doing this, but the very story has people who are "struck blind" and yet grope for the door to get to the folks who blinded them!!! Inconceivable! Well, thanks for the feedback, brother (and the good information about S & G's existence).

Sermon9/5/15 3:41 PM
Joey hill from durant MS  Contact via emailFind all comments by Joey hill
comments
This was a great discussion. I'm a 4.5 point Calvinist. I have taken issue recently with who Christ died for. I know God and Jesus is very particular with his use of words to convey his truth (John 12:49) so I don't think he accidentally made it sound like he died for every person if he only died for the elect. My problem was proving it. I have now found two scriptures that I feel confident do prove the point. 2 Peter 2:1 and Hebrews 10:28-29,39. I believe he died to save a particular people, the elect and to make salvation possible for anyone who will humble themselves and call on God to help them believe. Anyone who refuses the Holy Spirit's call to salvation will be guilty of the unpardonable sin and will be without excuse before God. What are your thoughts?

Sermon9/5/15 1:27 PM
David Winslow from Fayetteville NC  Find all comments by David Winslow
comments
Pastor Bill, as always you bring some clarity to difficult and overlooked Scriptural passages, I completely agree with your observation that we have no reason to think the Sodomite women were involved; and Gen 13:13 is the key verse. But the growing number of wolves who claim to teach/preach from Scripture is a sign for all of us. And I doubt you can reason with them who are willfully blinded to the truth. Years ago they would argue against any evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah ever existed. Now they argue to pervert the truth of why God destroyed those cities. In our nation, some are advocating and litigating to legalize forms of unnatural sex acts. We know these same people cannot accept Biblical truth as their eyes are blind.

Sermon9/5/15 12:56 PM
David Winslow from Fayetteville NC  Find all comments by David Winslow
I like your comment about America being the swamp and Donald Trump is the creature coming out of the swamp. In contrast, how can Hillary Clinton even be considered a viable Democratic candidate when she should be one email away from jail. Our politics may have really changed in 1960s when JFK was first Catholic elected as president. It certainly changed when Gerald Ford became first to assume office without anyone voting for him. Shamefully, in a democracy you eventually get the government you deserve. Morally depraved and without conscience. Trump's politics are not Republican and fall to the left - but he has managed to exploit the disgust many of us feel towards both parties and the establishment. It will be a very long campaign and, at the end, what do you think will really change?

Sermon9/4/15 8:44 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
comments
I probably wouldn't have even heard this except that I play (air) almost every sermon preached from your pulpit on www.wildernessradio.com and happened to be listening in while delivering the mail. I have already expressed my continued respect for you pastors and thought this was a solid study as well. Keep up the good work. Thomas

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] more