Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio.com

Carl E from Australia  Find all comments by Carl E
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Comforting and encouraging!

Sermon6/13/16 11:52 PM
Nick C. from Minden, NV  Find all comments by Nick C.
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
I highly recommend this sermon and, all of Jerry's sermons (and books) to anyone who wants to grow in Christ.

Sermon4/3/16 8:11 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Are We Truly Glorifying God? ”
This is another sermon where we can walk away knowing that God, Almighty God through His Son Jesus Christ, has received the glory. The man blind from birth gave God the glory and ultimately worshipped Him. Are we prostrate before God, overwhelmed with his goodness and kindness towards us? The blind man was kicked out by the Sanhedrin because he insisted that his healing was by one sent from God. That really made them sick. Anything that God does is going to confound those who are circling the wagons to protect their flawed belief system.The blind man's parents were more cautious when they were grilled by the leading rabbis. They did not want to give Jesus the glory as one either sent by God or as the "Son of Man". I was convicted to have a more bold witness to what God has done for me, what He is doing for others, and for the entire Christian Revelation. This sermon is both logical and inspiring. It has a coherence that is often sadly lacking in sermons, a unity of message and exposition. But it is also inspiring because of the passion and goodwill of the delivery. I need both. Don't you? Tonight I am feeling that perhaps the Lord is renewing my calling to preach or to write on Christian themes and Christian history.I must pray about these matters with a worshipful attitude.

Sermon4/3/16 1:52 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Are You Of God? - John 8:47
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Do You Love Jesus? ”
Jesus challenges the most religious, pious Jews of his time. They are doing all the "right things." Yet, they would like to see Jesus dead. Is there something wrong with this picture? You bet. Jesus is the Living Word. If He is not eliciting a loving response within us, if we justify ourselves before a holy God instead of depending on our holy God to make us more holy, clean up our sins, forgive us and change us, then have good reason to be afraid. Responding to Christ, Pastor Doug tells us, is not simply going to church every Sunday, voting Republican, and driving an American-made car. Rather, our sinful condition must be acknowledged and responded to. As John 3:7 tells us...we must be born again. It's a serious sermon, but if the listener takes it seriously, then it also will be a source of great hope.

Sermon1/14/16 3:48 PM
Rita Beckett from nEW JERSEY  Find all comments by Rita Beckett
this sermon is so eye opening and truly has been a blessing to me. Please listen to this.

Sermon10/29/15 5:03 AM
The Work Of God - John 6:22-34
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
Excellent. Thank you.

Sermon10/27/15 4:46 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
The Work Of God - John 6:22-34
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ This Sermon Is 'Must Listening' ”
Passion, intensity, and coherence can all be heard in the sermons of Pastor Doug. This one is no exception. Yet, it seemed to me that this sermon contained a unique cry from the heart of God for self-purification. We need to come to our beautiful Lord and Savior not only or even mainly for the many temporal blessings that we often associate with following Him, but for salvation, for eternal life with Him that can be found and accessed only through Jesus Christ. We need to focus more on the eternal aspects of The Gift of Christ given to us by the Father. Yes, I thank God because I already have had a long life, my finances are stable, my health is better than average, and I have my faculties. But these areas of life that engender "my happiness" should not become idols or totems on which to hang my understanding of His grace or my faith. Pastor Doug calls us to look heavenward towards the eternal aspect of our relationship with the Lord, to treasure that dimension of our salvation, for it is indeed for that reason that Christ joined himself to us. Please tell all your friends to listen to this sermon. I have posted it on my Facebook page.

Sermon10/26/15 4:51 PM
Ronda Lane from Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ronda Lane
Thank you for uploading your sermons here! Even though this sermon is 9 years old, it is still fresh and relevant for today. I plan on listening to more of your sermons here (God willing).

Sermon6/3/15 1:14 PM
Jose from US  Find all comments by Jose
This is one of the best sermons I've ever listened to. I think Pr. Doug should consider putting his sermons on the gospels into some type of written format. Maybe commentary.

Sermon3/3/15 5:07 PM
Willie Majors from Germany  Contact via emailFind all comments by Willie Majors
Great sermon! I request a transcript of this great serman

Sermon2/13/15 11:47 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ True Worship Is Explained ”
This is not a sermon about how to structure a worship service. His focus is on the purpose and meaning of worshiping the Lord Our God in spirit and truth. He stresses that God is not just a bigger and greater version of ourselves. Thus, although he does not use my term -- anthropomorphic -- God is not to be understood anthropomorphically. He is eternal and unchanging. He is spirit. He is not identified with a specific time and place. That seems to me to be a wonderful starting point for considering the nature of true worship. Further, he stresses that our sincerity or zeal for the worship does not define the meaningfulness of the worship. In saying this, Pastor Doug reminds me of similar passages in Jonathan Edwards' book The Religious Affections, where Edwards tries to disconnect the authenticity and meaning of true worship from the issue of the degree of emotionality exhibited by the congregation. Ptr. Doug gives a marvelous example of the worshippers of the Golden Calf which, although dedicated to the great I AM, was nonetheless wrong, i.e., not prescribed. It was sincere and to the correct God, but it was still WRONG worship. Lastly, Sunday worship, assuming it to be true, affords the worshippers a little taste of eternity as God breaks into time and space.

Sermon2/13/15 10:45 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Inspiring Sermon! ”
Tonight, again, I had a deep sense of my sinfulness. Again, for the hundredth time, I failed to apply Godly wisdom to a situation that occurs time and again. The Lord in his faithfulness gave me two thoughts: (1) to listen to a sermon by Pastor Doug, and (2) to begin preaching regularly again (I had stopped preaching every Sunday after 8 years about 11 years ago -- just doing occasional guest preaching and 6-8 week series on specific topics). My wife has repeatedly told me that I don't have the patience with other people to pastor. At any rate, I listened to this sermon, and it encouraged me that in spite of my sinfulness and weaknesses, I could still deliver the precious word of God and the delivering sacrifice and love of Jesus Christ to a lost and fallen world. Isn't there a great need for the Word of God today? Aren't we flooded with false teachers? Aren't we drowning in atheism and hypocrisy in our society? I live in New York City. Do you think the dominating life principle of this city is "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy mind and all thy strength?" There are a lot of social workers in this city, but while they are helping the bodies and sometimes the emotions of the people, are they dealing with the souls of their clients? Thank you Pastor Doug.

Sermon12/21/14 3:34 PM
Rose Fenton from South of England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Rose Fenton
Pastor Jerry. This message was such a great blessing to me, after years and years of illness and disabilities. Thank you so much. May everyone hear this. It gives a deep spiritual reality to the words of "My grace is sufficient for thee, and my strength is made perfect in weakness....." Love in Christ, English Rose

Sermon10/29/14 9:17 PM
Gisele Noel from New York  Find all comments by Gisele Noel
Biblical Womanhood
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Mistitled ”
Good sermon but instead of being on the topic of womanhood & what it means to be a woman in Christ, it was a message about biblical marriage. I appreciated that the message was balanced in that it addressed roles both husband & wives. However, if I understood the teaching correctly, it's my opinion that the spiritual responsibility of the head of the house was overstated. Authority has no role in salvation (Ezekiel 18:20 & Galatians 3:28) & if a man is accountable for the spiritual welfare of his house, that responsibility is to wash with the word (Ephesians 5:26). Lastly, while I am a woman w/a big mouth, I personally think the nagging proverbs are not restricted to wives but also apply to the bride of Christ or the church that grumbles against God which I see as an important point especially on this topic.

Sermon7/27/14 6:21 PM
Jeri Tanner from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jeri Tanner
comments
“ Amen ”
Thank you, Pastor Williamson. I am praying with you for a revival and return to the "old paths" of singing the Psalms in worship. I deeply appreciate what you've shared here and will be sharing it with others. God bless you!

Sermon5/12/14 8:17 PM
Janine from Louisiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by Janine
The Sovereignty Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Very good. Thank you. And have really appreciated your books through the years.

Sermon5/11/14 9:04 PM
Mommy Day  Find all comments by Mommy Day
The Sovereignty Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Great sermon even though not what we want to hear sometimes :)

Sermon2/11/14 3:11 AM
comments
I have to admit I've been really ignorant of this. Listening to this I feel like I've been like an ostrich. But hearing this, being brought into this knowledge, (tho feels painful), but brings me closer to an understanding of my brain fog when I question, "what in the world is happening to my country?"

Sermon2/10/14 5:24 PM
SuzAnn from NorCal  Find all comments by SuzAnn
comments
Thank you for this excellent and profoundly honest presentation of post modernism. Dr Grier has "hit the mark" on describing where we have been and are going and this presentation took place in 2005! How much further we have come to see all he has said "unfold" before our eyes!

Sermon2/10/14 1:28 AM
Samantha M from Georgia  Find all comments by Samantha M
Conflict Of Worldviews In America
Dr. James Grier
comments
“ Excellent Message! ”

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Corectly Crossing The Textual Divide

38th Annuel Dean Burgon Conference
Conference
  LIVE Webcast Event!

Sermon: His Grace Is Still Amazing
Dr. Andy Bloom

We can do more good by being good than in any other way. ... Anonymous

Apple TV New!